Holiday Login Rewards - Missing Mail

Options
2»

Comments

• mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I've been logging in every day since the start of this event, and I have 3 toons, 2 over level 80 and one right at level 80. Only one (my level 101 wiz) has received any mail, and she only got mail once and it was a makeover scroll... Edit: After keeping my level 80 Venomancer online for several hours and getting nothing, I thought I'd try to log out and log back in and, a few minutes after re-logging, she got one of the rewards in the mail. But the logging out and logging in action doesn't always work, since I've tried it before. So I'm thinking you have to be logged in for a few hours, then log out, and then log back in to get it. The Holiday Login news page says you will get it within 2-3 hours after logging in, but I think you really need to stay online for 2-3 hours, log out, then log back in (I've tried just logging in for a few minutes and then logging onto another toon, and that didn't work either.) Not 100% sure on this though...Going to try again tomorrow. But it's bedtime for me now lol.
    Post edited by mahousenshi on
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    I've been logging in every day since the start of this event, and I have 3 toons, 2 over level 80 and one right at level 80. Only one (my level 101 wiz) has received any mail, and she only got mail once and it was a makeover scroll... Edit: After keeping my level 80 Venomancer online for several hours and getting nothing, I thought I'd try to log out and log back in and, a few minutes after re-logging, she got one of the rewards in the mail. But the logging out and logging in action doesn't always work, since I've tried it before. So I'm thinking you have to be logged in for a few hours, then log out, and then log back in to get it. The Holiday Login news page says you will get it within 2-3 hours after logging in, but I think you really need to stay online for 2-3 hours, log out, then log back in (I've tried just logging in for a few minutes and then logging onto another toon, and that didn't work either.) Not 100% sure on this though...Going to try again tomorrow. But it's bedtime for me now lol.

I doubt the event was designed to work this way, even if I had to do what you did to get some of the rewards (again, randomly). Still, if it's an error or on purpose, it's... meh. A login event shouldn't be a chore.
    I think it's just bugged and since yesterday was Sunday, no one was around to check what's going on.
  • mahousenshi
    Options
    ailiadrake wrote: »

I doubt the event was designed to work this way, even if I had to do what you did to get some of the rewards (again, randomly). Still, if it's an error or on purpose, it's... meh. A login event shouldn't be a chore.
    I think it's just bugged and since yesterday was Sunday, no one was around to check what's going on.

I hope they can fix this soon. Luckily the end date is January 4th, so they have time to fix it and still allow us to get most of the rewards. It's not that big a deal for me, but I know it is for some people. (The only prizes I really like are the event gold lol.)
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    it might be a duel client thing to i notice check in doesn't help either seems like the toon i normally play gets log in gifts everything else with arc login doesn't like same account toons its like chance packs totally random if one of my other toons will get something lol ehhh no big deal im happy with the codes we got. i got a s card finally from s chest pack
  • mahousenshi
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    it might be a duel client thing to i notice check in doesn't help either seems like the toon i normally play gets log in gifts everything else with arc login doesn't like same account toons its like chance packs totally random if one of my other toons will get something lol ehhh no big deal im happy with the codes we got. i got a s card finally from s chest pack

Might be. Two of my toons are on the same account, and they both got something, and it's the account logged into arc. My third eligible toon is on a different account that isn't logged into arc and she hasn't gotten anything yet, so could be.
    Etherblade:

• ailiadrake
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »

Might be. Two of my toons are on the same account, and they both got something, and it's the account logged into arc. My third eligible toon is on a different account that isn't logged into arc and she hasn't gotten anything yet, so could be.

I can say it's not related to arc, as I never use it to play pwi and I still get the rewards on certain toons.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    So random that's why i love codes its a solid deal
  • lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    I think the login event resets daily at 4pm PST. Therefore you will need to have logged in after that time, to trigger the log in. Also, please check that you do not have a full mailbox. Someone told me that max mailbox for system mail to enter - not counting player to player mail, which is less) - is 3 pages worth of mail. A full page is counted as all mail reflected in your screen before you have to scroll to the next mail.

So supposing you mailbox is not full, here are some examples on when you would get your login reward and when you wont, bearing in mind the log in event resets daily at 4pm PST (for server time in Twilight Temple):
    Event Day 1: Character A logs in at 3.59pm PST - does not get reward (before event started)
    Event Day 1: Character B logs in at 4.01pm PST - gets reward after a few minutes - Makeover Scroll

Event Day 2: Character A logs in at 2.00pm PST and stays logged in for several hours after 4pm - does not get reward (did not log in AFTER event reset time)
    Event Day 2: Character B logs in at 2.00pm PST then after 4pm, relogs to trigger login on new event day - gets reward after a few minutes

Also it has been mentioned that eventhough the login success has been triggered, pls allow for up to 3hours for mail to be received in mailbox. However, most players have reported receiving the rewards within minutes of triggering the successful login.

Hope this helps.
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    I think the login event resets daily at 4pm PST. Therefore you will need to have logged in after that time, to trigger the log in. Also, please check that you do not have a full mailbox. Someone told me that max mailbox for system mail to enter - not counting player to player mail, which is less) - is 3 pages worth of mail. A full page is counted as all mail reflected in your screen before you have to scroll to the next mail.

So supposing you mailbox is not full, here are some examples on when you would get your login reward and when you wont, bearing in mind the log in event resets daily at 4pm PST (for server time in Twilight Temple):
    Event Day 1: Character A logs in at 3.59pm PST - does not get reward (before event started)
    Event Day 1: Character B logs in at 4.01pm PST - gets reward after a few minutes - Makeover Scroll

Event Day 2: Character A logs in at 2.00pm PST and stays logged in for several hours after 4pm - does not get reward (did not log in AFTER event reset time)
    Event Day 2: Character B logs in at 2.00pm PST then after 4pm, relogs to trigger login on new event day - gets reward after a few minutes

Also it has been mentioned that eventhough the login success has been triggered, pls allow for up to 3hours for mail to be received in mailbox. However, most players have reported receiving the rewards within minutes of triggering the successful login.

Hope this helps.

This is helpful. Could you do a how to for people not getting the rewards by following the steps above?

Character level 105
    Empty mailbox
    Leave character logged in until 9pm
    Repeat for one week on two characters and only ever get 1 reward each
  • ailiadrake
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hope this helps.

That would be helpful if the news didn't state that:
    The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days.

I'm more for having to stay logged in for a certain amount of time to receive the reward, even if it was never stated in the news.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Not even sure if a certain amount of time having to be on is correct.

Yesterday I played 4 toons. Three are over 100 played each one a minium of two hours. the fourth toon is lvl 84 I played for an hour today when I signed on one lvl 100 + received an item the toon lvl 84 received something the other two nothing. One of my 100+ which I played daily still hasn't received anything.

Personally I think there is a glitch to it all. Would be nice if we could get some straight answers from someone that knows and not all this guessing. My husband who also plays still hasn't received anything at all.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    WELL PEOPLE... ANSWER FOR THIS IS THAT.
    U NEED TO LOGIN AFTER RESET WHICH IS 0:0 SERVER TIME. THEN YOU NEED TO LOG OFF AND LOGIN LIKE 5 HRS BEFORE RESET. WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH STUPID. ..technically u need to login twice per day to get the mail. .. thanks pwi @kalystconquerer#0876 whoever thought this was a fun daily login event. clearly is not thinking. we dont have all the time in the world login and logoff. this is technically true since i tested it with gazillion of my pill babies to test this theory and its really true.
  • kkemz
    Options
    May I ask where you received this information? Just wondering if this is another this is what I heard or is it a fact. because if so this sucks, because most of the time I can't even get on and play till 5-7 pm.
  • lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    So far I have been getting my rewards daily, and I think as long as you are logged in

Hope this helps.

That would be helpful if the news didn't state that:
    The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days.

I'm more for having to stay logged in for a certain amount of time to receive the reward, even if it was never stated in the news.

Hi @ailiadrake
    What you have stated on the UTC timing reset is correct. But so is my example, as 12:00AM (midnight) UTC = 4:00PM PST (server time for Twilight Temple)

@armoftheland33
    Am not sure what you mean. I already gave the examples of how to get the reward, so basically the only people who need to worry about relogging are the people who are logged in around the Event Login reset period ie 4pm PST / 12midnight UTC.

Everyone else logging in after this time daily, and assuming mailbox is not full, should receive their mailbox rewards within a few minutes to 3 hours of the log in. So if you are only logged in 2 hours a day, and there is a delay of the reward getting to your mailbox, you would only see it the next day when you log again (but technically the mail would reach you within 3 hours of your log in.

However, yes would very much appreciate if @kalystconquerer#0876 has something to comment on the mechanics, if I am wrong in any way. Thank you.
  • armoftheland33
    Options
    i am getting the reward now by ensuring i log in, and log out, then log back in again. or im just lucky i cant tell.

simply logging in at the time stated in the news does not give me a reward.
  • kkemz
    Options
    The 4 pm PST was only for the first day and will be for the last day all other times is at midnight. We have some players in our faction that plays daily and logs in and out daily and still hasn't received one reward. Others are getting rewards hit and miss on some toons or no toons.
  • armoftheland33
    Options
    update: logging in and out twice is not a constant solution. getting login rewards some days and some days not. cannot find a rhyme or reason. but looking at rp rewards not working too id say the coding staff just took off early for thanksgiving​​
  • wadzio
    wadzio Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    BUMP
    still not working. today on 4 toons i got 2 A packs. on rest nothing. several times relogged
  • ailiadrake
    Options
    Try staying logged in for at least one hour before relogging. I do that and I always get the stuff, while on the toons I log in just to sign in, never gets anything
  • armoftheland33
    Options
    ive logged in on two characters every day since the beginning of this event on November 15th. It has been 20 days since the beginning of the login rewards and so far I have gotten 5 mails.

It doesnt matter about the hours of the login or whatever, if you log in every day at the same time with regularity you should be getting a reward a day after a days time adjustment period (if for example the login reset is 5pm, if i log in at 6 pm, it wont count for the first day, but the second day and every day after it will count).

Maybe there is a time period where login does not count, or there are crazy rules like you have to have logged in for 2 hours, or you have to log out, log in, log out, and log in and log out again to get the mail.

I've tried it all, different log in times, staying logged in, logging in and out several times, logging in and auto-cultivating, emptying mail, emptying bag, emptying quest list, logging in in busy cities, nothing works.​​
  • wadzio
    wadzio Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Try staying logged in for at least one hour before relogging. I do that and I always get the stuff, while on the toons I log in just to sign in, never gets anything

I did try that. Actually on toons that I was online longer i didnt get mail even after several relogs. On some toons i reloged once... i got the mail straight...
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    Can you help us out#kalystconquerer#0876. can you give us some info on this and maybe just do codes and stop this waste of time to try and get items that we should get on log in but aren't.
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    To get the login rewards - consistently - since these kinds of events had these problems 2-3 years ago as well:
    - After 0:00Z time ARC resets/rolls into the next day. This seems when the game starts registering logins.
    - Log out all the way to the login screen. Do not simply switch characters
    - Log back in
    - Load the character you want to receive the sign in item on
    - Wait ~5 minutes (go do a daily or so).
    - Repeat logout to login screen and login to the other toons on the same account you want the login rewards for.

I've not missed any that I actually wanted on any of my chars. Yea, you can get the login rewards multiple times per account (once per character tho).
  • armoftheland33
    Options
    aetje wrote: »
    To get the login rewards - consistently - since these kinds of events had these problems 2-3 years ago as well:
    - After 0:00Z time ARC resets/rolls into the next day. This seems when the game starts registering logins.
    - Log out all the way to the login screen. Do not simply switch characters
    - Log back in
    - Load the character you want to receive the sign in item on
    - Wait ~5 minutes (go do a daily or so).
    - Repeat logout to login screen and login to the other toons on the same account you want the login rewards for.

I've not missed any that I actually wanted on any of my chars. Yea, you can get the login rewards multiple times per account (once per character tho).

This doesn't work for me
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    Cross contamination... with Ghost's In The Machine... could call the Vatican for a possible Exorcism! Virtual style xD