Astral Orb "Sale"

Options
dregenfox
dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
Was this price increase intentional? Why was the sale price for 50x astral orbs doubled?

Comments

• zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Options
    I like the change. Stops me completely from wasting my money on something that yields nothing for me anyways.
  • sunlightfalls
    sunlightfalls Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    The answers to your question are simple. Yes the increase was intentional, Reasoning for price increase, less nebula dust gain in game, charge more in boutique...short answer, GREED

• lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Thought there was a mistake in the pricing.. how can it be a sale lol...
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 please look into this the sale price got doubled and for like no reason. The old price didn’t cause issues and has always been 10g for 50 not 20g I would love to buy and it’s bad enough you can spend 1k usd and get all bad charts now 2k for the same chance? Come now!! It was ganna cost me 750g to get astral energy 6 now it will cost 1500? Heck no
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    ....Now I wish I woulda bought nebulas earlier for a better chart... Double the price, jesus...
  • dregenfox
    Options
    Considering the history of PWI, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance of two scenarios:

1- Random employee just fat-fingered the number 20, said "delete button is 4 loser lols" and threw it up there for sale

OR

2- China realized that 10 gold/50 orbs were damaging the longevity of the game, raised it to 1000 gold/50, and PWE somehow convinced them after hours of begging to lower it to 20 gold/50.
  • blazerboy
    Options
    ^ wow the second option is just wow...
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    2- China realized that 10 gold/50 orbs were damaging the longevity of the game, raised it to 1000 gold/50, and PWE somehow convinced them after hours of begging to lower it to 20 gold/50.

I havent actually seen CN sale prices but gold wise their nebula dusts are as expensive as our off sale. The fact is gold is 1m ea there despite massive botting problems, meaning they are actually fraction of what they cost here. But I really wouldnt be surprised if they are trying that sort of bs excuse for why the price was doubled.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    Options
    I really hope the next “sale” is actually a sale
  • dregenfox
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Can we at least get a better price/sale this week? Don't understand what the point of doubling prices are since casuals don't even care about the orbs so atm it just seems like PWI is trying to squeeze the endgame players.

Also @saxroll I would care about paying 20 gold/50 orbs even if gold was at 100k/gold...coin price doesn't really have much impact for me unless the item is sold by an in-game NPC and not off boutique-only.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Also @saxroll I would care about paying 20 gold/50 orbs even if gold was at 100k/gold...coin price doesn't really have much impact for me unless the item is sold by an in-game NPC and not off boutique-only.

I think I have stated this several times but I`ll state it again. CN golds buying power is a lot weaker than ours, its as if our gold would been divided by like 5-10 and thats what CN players are buying. So for things to be same on gold price, we are paying in fact 5-10x more per dust as it is. I dont honestly know if they get more gold for each Yuan they spend compared to our 1:1 USD rate. I would hope they do, the boutique in there is pretty darn expensive if its 1:1 ratio.

• dregenfox
    edited October 2017
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

I think I have stated this several times but I`ll state it again. CN golds buying power is a lot weaker than ours, its as if our gold would been divided by like 5-10 and thats what CN players are buying. So for things to be same on gold price, we are paying in fact 5-10x more per dust as it is. I dont honestly know if they get more gold for each Yuan they spend compared to our 1:1 USD rate. I would hope they do, the boutique in there is pretty darn expensive if its 1:1 ratio.

Still doesn't make a difference for me...I would rather have astral orbs at 10 gold/50 and 5 mil gold than 50 gold/50 with 1m gold. I know most people consider it the same price but it's a massive difference to me, when taking into account other factors.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Still doesn't make a difference for me...I would rather have astral orbs at 10 gold/50 and 5 mil gold than 50 gold/50 with 1m gold. I know most people consider it the same price but it's a massive difference to me, when taking into account other factors.

You dont really understand the point. The point is, even if we would match CN gold prices, assuming thats the excuse we get for this ****, we would still be paying several times as much as CN players would for the same items. And before you say something bout different markets, R9 on CN costs several times as much as it does in ours. All in all there is no basis for this change other than trying to milk more money from players.

The problem with this company is, they make things harder to get the longer time passes - Taking NP promos away, increasing prices on these dusts, Chip packs, etc. Any sane company would reduce prices, make things more accessible so new players might try to catch up and old players who arent at the top of the food chain would continue playing. But what we got is an idiotic way of managing a game.

• dregenfox
    edited October 2017
    Options

You dont really understand the point. The point is, even if we would match CN gold prices, assuming thats the excuse we get for this ****, we would still be paying several times as much as CN players would for the same items. And before you say something bout different markets, R9 on CN costs several times as much as it does in ours. All in all there is no basis for this change other than trying to milk more money from players.

The problem with this company is, they make things harder to get the longer time passes - Taking NP promos away, increasing prices on these dusts, Chip packs, etc. Any sane company would reduce prices, make things more accessible so new players might try to catch up and old players who arent at the top of the food chain would continue playing. But what we got is an idiotic way of managing a game.

Almost all the coins present right now in player's hands was derived from extremely cheap pack + key sales. I'd be willing to bet pack items like Matchless wings or Scroll of Tome are almost impossible to get there, even with coins at 1 million/gold. Meanwhile every player in PWI can get their hands on a matchless because they're selling for under 200m now. Cheap gold basically means no one in China really buys packs and there's no gear-inflation there.

For them, PWI must seem like a private server (and ironically PWI's most popular private server has even worse gear + coin inflation).

In the end it won't matter what the gold price is, because that gold has to be bought by someone whether or not it came from the AH. The only thing that would make a difference is if China players could get more gold for the equivalent of 1 US dollar than PWI players can.

In any case, we won't get any information from the staff about this, because whatever answer they give (whether they made a mistake and can't be bothered to correct it, or it was intentional price raise) will likely be criticized by the player-base.

• keihan007#7641
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Almost all the coins present right now in player's hands was derived from extremely cheap pack + key sales. I'd be willing to bet pack items like Matchless wings or Scroll of Tome are almost impossible to get there, even with coins at 1 million/gold. Meanwhile every player in PWI can get their hands on a matchless because they're selling for under 200m now. Cheap gold basically means no one in China really buys packs and there's no gear-inflation there.

For them, PWI must seem like a private server (and ironically PWI's most popular private server has even worse gear + coin inflation).

In the end it won't matter what the gold price is, because that gold has to be bought by someone whether or not it came from the AH. The only thing that would make a difference is if China players could get more gold for the equivalent of 1 US dollar than PWI players can.

In any case, we won't get any information from the staff about this, because whatever answer they give (whether they made a mistake and can't be bothered to correct it, or it was intentional price raise) will likely be criticized by the player-base.

http://prntscr.com/h1k1xh

http://prntscr.com/h1k31x

SoTs seem a bit rare but meh.

What you dont just understand is, CN gold has a lot lower buying power. The pricing between versions is different. R9 is a lot more expensive in USD value, like 10x+ more expensive from what I was told, while things like NP card promos were ~200 USD from what I heard.

You should be treating 1 CN gold as 10 silver or something, the reason why that 10 silver is so expensive is a result of massive botting problems. But ultimately 1 gold dont buy as much stuff from their boutique as it does in ours is the point I`ve been trying to make. And when thats the case, things, which are prices similarly across both versions, are actually in fact more expensive here.

But after looking and comparing prices of items in gold, CN prices are bout 5x more than we got. Of course thats just some general rule of thumb, some items are even more expensive, some are priced same as ours.

Edit: After playing with the charging page a bit, I`d say they get 1 gold per 1 Yuan, which makes their boutique quite interesting. So similar to our 1 gold per 1 USD but as USD is worth bout 6,6 Yuans, we do pay quite a bit more in monetary value.

• blazerboy
    Options
    Please give us back astral orb sale 10/50 like it’s always been this double up in price is ludicrous @kalystconquerer#0876
  • dregenfox
    edited October 2017
    Options

http://prntscr.com/h1k1xh

http://prntscr.com/h1k31x

SoTs seem a bit rare but meh.

What you dont just understand is, CN gold has a lot lower buying power. The pricing between versions is different. R9 is a lot more expensive in USD value, like 10x+ more expensive from what I was told, while things like NP card promos were ~200 USD from what I heard.

You should be treating 1 CN gold as 10 silver or something, the reason why that 10 silver is so expensive is a result of massive botting problems. But ultimately 1 gold dont buy as much stuff from their boutique as it does in ours is the point I`ve been trying to make. And when thats the case, things, which are prices similarly across both versions, are actually in fact more expensive here.

But after looking and comparing prices of items in gold, CN prices are bout 5x more than we got. Of course thats just some general rule of thumb, some items are even more expensive, some are priced same as ours.

Edit: After playing with the charging page a bit, I`d say they get 1 gold per 1 Yuan, which makes their boutique quite interesting. So similar to our 1 gold per 1 USD but as USD is worth bout 6,6 Yuans, we do pay quite a bit more in monetary value.

So SoT/Matchless are roughly double the price in CN compared to Dawnglory. That's actually lower than I thought it would be, which makes me wonder if they have other ways of obtaining wings besides just packs.

The issue is that if astral orbs are 20 gold/50 on both CN and PWI...it makes it less attractive in PWI because you can buy other power items for much cheaper.

Before you could either spend $1000 and get 20 apt, or $1000 and get 6 Astral. The choice you made was debate-able on whether you wanted more stats vs higher stats. Now there's literally no point in getting 6 astral anymore - at a cost of $2000 for one extra stat even going for serenity would be a better choice.

Based on the fact that astral orbs aren't really even a power item, and that astral 6 isn't even close to 15% of the way to max astral, I'm willing to conclude that the current price is just a mistake by PWI, and that they can't really be bothered to fix it until the next orb sale since it isn't causing any server instability.
  • blazerboy
    Options
    Still no change *facrpalm*
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Confirmed - Astral Orb sale pricing has been doubled and is back in at 20 gold/50, raised from 10 gold/50. Seems this will be the standard pricing now.
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    Better than 50 gold for 10. Soon, they'll be pack only drops with a 0.0000000000003% chance of dropping, and they'll be 200m on WC, each.
  • blazerboy
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They back with this bs wtf @kalystconquerer#0876 there was absolutely no reason for this inflation dear god why do you ppl hate starchart!? First dailies nerf on starchart now this!? Why!!?
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2017
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    They back with this bs wtf @kalystconquerer#0876 there was absolutely no reason for this inflation dear god why do you ppl hate starchart!? First dailies nerf on starchart now this!? Why!!?

Because they expect players to pay for them, simple as that. Its absolutely idiotic way of managing the game by making things more expensive while time passes but its the way they choose to manage this game. You dont like the prices they offer, dont buy. Enough ppl doint that and they will be back to 10g/50 sale.

• blazerboy
    Options
    @saxroll I have no issue with refusing to buy them but it still feels like a unwarranted slap to the face like this is so extra lol..
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @saxroll I have no issue with refusing to buy them but it still feels like a unwarranted slap to the face like this is so extra lol..

I am not arguing with you. This company has shown all they care bout is profits. If they think they can make more money by pricing something 2x than what they used to be, they will do so, no matter how it might upset the playerbase.

• whateverwolf
    whateverwolf Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I was saving gold towards trying for a better star chart on the next sale, but don't see why I should pay double what previous sales were especially given the random nature of star charts and my bad luck. Will hold out and hope we get some 10g for 50 Nebula orbs in the next sale.
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @saxroll perhaps they put it up at this then on blackfriday at normal price to pass it up as a “Super Sale” at this point I expect that
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    That is indeed very likely to happen. However, do you really wanna spend the gold for Dust Orbs when there is 1000% a massively more lucrative other sale going on at the same time? @blazerboy
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @jsxshadow a ultimate starchart can go a long way if you are lucky enough. No offense but what otherngood sale? Keys? If I’m not lucky I just come out with a ton of items to sell which can take quite a bit of time just to know I loss a great deal of coin, while yes there is a good chance to cash in aswell I’m not good with chance based stuff
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Bro xD Nebulas are THE chance based stuff..I am close to Astral 6 on the SB and only got **** so far :D If you are lucky you can get an item that dwarfes even nuema portal..but if you are not..you end up wasting several Bil for nothing cause you get absolutely nothing in return for Nebulas xDD
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    That is indeed very likely to happen. However, do you really wanna spend the gold for Dust Orbs when there is 1000% a massively more lucrative other sale going on at the same time?

I think it all depends on if you want to gear up or accumulate wealth. With keys on sale, there is no point to buy anything else from the boutique if you only care bout accumulating wealth. But just cause you got wealth doesnt mean you got gear till you spend some of that wealth into gear.