Arigora is a bad joke...

Options
nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
The Arigora Arena is a complete joke as it stands.
No only did you change it to pair up people with 400 score difference max (instead of the previous 200) which pairs up people from the 1300-1500 range (which is considered pretty decent) with people close to 2000 (extremely OP) but, you make it completely impossible to progress with gear.

Got a CoM, wanted to make it into apex, saved up coins for a few weeks, try to make it (you need at least 1600 score), really?:|

So, i don't mind getting less coins, being pounded by the OP squads, but then not being able to use the coins? Nah... **** that.
Now what am I supposed to do? You want me to compete with the OP squads, to compete with them I gotta get better, but to get better I gotta win vs the OP squads, what logic is that?

What am I supposed to do with my CoM now? I wanted to get the g17 cape, but guess that isn't possible either, so, I should equip the CoM, +12 it, shard it, do all those kewl things, and then, one day, when I either get a better team and improve myself or PWE decides to remove the restriction, I should pay hundreds of millions to upgrade and refine/shard again... makes 0 sense.

@kalystconquerer#0876 I am pretty much begging you, do something about these restrictions, talk to China or something, idk, but this is just plain stupid, we're being denied progress... Could be the richest person, have the best gear ever, got a **** team and you can't progress, how is that fair?

If this isn't fixed, honestly, that's the end for me, means I can never reach it, I can never have it, and if it's impossible then it's not worth it.
Gonna keep my CoM in the bank taking up dust waiting for a reply...

Mr. Justice

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just CS moar until your're OP enough to carry to 1600, not that hard. Not really PWI's fault u can't spend enough to win against noobz.

There's an awesome NP charge promo right now that can get you there, I'd recommend going for at least RB 1. You only have to charge $32,400 which if u got a good job u can make back in like only a year.

Or u can just build your CoM now and charge $300 worth of chienkun stones to transfer it later. There's lot of options PWI is giving you you're just too lazy to use them.

You win, PWI wins, everyone's happy.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Arigora colosseum need useful charakter bound rewards that are not tied to a score and squads below 1300 score should only be matched with squads that are maximum 1300. This way maybe everyone can have fun doing some pvp and get something out of it.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

As I've stated before, anything that directly touches CN's exchanges is usually a big no go. But due to population differences and gear differences between our versions, I can probably open this discussion about having either a version specific NPC with a lower threshold score or some other way to balance this. I'm waiting on post Arigora Season to see where everyone is at score wise so I have that information to go to them and ask while proving them with the team and participation information in hand. Preemptively opening this topic without the information to back it up with either 1) be put on hold until that information gets put in or 2) acted upon too quickly without taking care of balancing anything. The later especially not being a good thing since I won't be able to predict what action they'll take.

I want to avoid things like custom gears though (i.e. making something version specific that has comparable stats but is a PK Tournament only type of reward for example), but I could see where this could be a suggestion that players would have!

Because I have gained their trust, I want to be careful in how I approach certain topics, especially since I still don't have as much insight as I'd like on what sorts of numbers and research they are basing these systems off of. But since we're coming around to the time to ask them questions for monthly meetings, I'll float them general Arigora questions to get a better idea of where they are coming from.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    It's not rare for us to queue for 3v3 and there's no one in queue except from squads that are 300~ points lower than ours. What that means is if we wouldn't be able to queue them then we wouldn't be able to queue at all, and might aswell quit during arena. The fact the range is so big is some weeks the only reason we're able to do arena at all. I think it's worth you guys losing 2 points and a few minutes to an ''extremely OP'' squad in order for that squad to also be able to do arena.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    It is not about loosing this 2 points.
    The problem is that not enough people doing arena due to the fact that even if you get a few coins every week you are unable to actually do something with it.

Lets take the example of me. My team is average geared ( R9 with average shards/refines) nothing OP, We are loosing 50% and winning 50% of our fights. We are stuck at 1450 score for weeks now. With this score you can craft the very basic mats and thats it. Nothing you could progress with.
    Now tell me, whats the point of doing this arena at all? I might as well quit this because without the option to craft its just a waste of time.
    Average squads already penalized with a low coin output, but even with their few coins they cant do shiit.
    Thats why nobody is doing it and you have to wait in queue forever.

Now, you could say, over time you could slowly climb up with your score when all the OP squads are out of your range, but no then we get a shiity reset for the score and the whole thing starts again.

So, tell me why should I do this arena? To please OP people to make them more OP?
  • nbreaking
    Options
    @dingo488 It's what @scruncy said, I don't mind losing those 2 points, the thing is we basically only get the OP squads.
    I can't find people wanting to do the arena because of the rewards not being worth it since you can't use the coins unless you have a good score. Most people are not fully PvP oriented, you can see that from the fact that Harshlands was almost empty before the merge, from the fact that open world PvP is dead, however, people WILL PvP for rewards, and there's none in Arigora for well geared people (yes, well geared, if you're r9+10 with citrine shards or something you're not gonna get anything good, and that gear is already considered pretty OP).

It's like I said, I don't care I lose, I don't care about the score and where I rank, as long as I can use the little amount of coins I do have.

I've been stuck at around the same range, 1400-1450, after that we cannot progress, which is fine, we're not the most OP squad either, but... then I can't use my coins.

I'm wasting time and money buying PvP oriented stuff, pots, charms, etc, to, in the end, not be able to do anything with my rewards.

And remember, I'm not even talking about an OP item here, that is why I feel it's so stupid, it's the Crown of Apex, which is the exact same thing as the Crown of Madness but with the set bonus imbued into it, it literally gives 0 advantage to anyone, except now they can go for the g17 cape.

Mr. Justice
  • nbreaking
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello!

As I've stated before, anything that directly touches CN's exchanges is usually a big no go. But due to population differences and gear differences between our versions, I can probably open this discussion about having either a version specific NPC with a lower threshold score or some other way to balance this. I'm waiting on post Arigora Season to see where everyone is at score wise so I have that information to go to them and ask while proving them with the team and participation information in hand. Preemptively opening this topic without the information to back it up with either 1) be put on hold until that information gets put in or 2) acted upon too quickly without taking care of balancing anything. The later especially not being a good thing since I won't be able to predict what action they'll take.

I want to avoid things like custom gears though (i.e. making something version specific that has comparable stats but is a PK Tournament only type of reward for example), but I could see where this could be a suggestion that players would have!

Because I have gained their trust, I want to be careful in how I approach certain topics, especially since I still don't have as much insight as I'd like on what sorts of numbers and research they are basing these systems off of. But since we're coming around to the time to ask them questions for monthly meetings, I'll float them general Arigora questions to get a better idea of where they are coming from.

It's not really touching CN's exchanges per say, same number of coins, same amount of trouble to be able to craft it, but no need for the scores.

Also, I assume where they are coming from is they don't want alt squads making high tier mats, which I understand, but, alt squads get 100 coins weekly, 300 total, and tradable mats are double the price, which would put them at technically 150 coins weekly if someone does it with alt squads :| how would that derail things in all honesty when you need more than 100k coins for anything amazing :expressionless:

Custom gear? I don't follow, I thought the Crown of Apex existed in CN too, plus, it's not custom, it's there to make, it's the exact same thing as the Crown of Madness but you lose the need for the set bonus (CoM+WoA) so that you can make a g17 cape later.

Last part, I do understand, wanting to have the data to tell them, well, I hope that when you do get said data you notice not many people even do the arena, which makes it harder to climb the ladder, since you constantly get OP squad after OP squad with the occasional alt squad, but I have NEVER seen any T3 people there for example because the rewards are just not there for T3 people :| It's always r9 after r9, some easy, some extremely OP (yes, specially DG squads, 44k hp cleric with 98k hp barb, RIP <.< ofc that's just 1 team though, but still).

Mr. Justice
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Arigora is made for China's big playerbase but pwi doesn't have that so they gotta understand we need changes. I guess a pwi-only npc or forge would work and remove or lower score limits by a lot. Problem is we don't have many people doing arena. Most people that do it are those who have good gear and know they can get high enough score to craft anything worthwhile. Most other teams give up or lose people and merge with other teams lowering the pool of teams even more.

Arena is a waste of time and charms for all average squads because there aren't enough teams playing so they go against OP teams and can't progress which means they are stuck and they give up and stop doing arena. All big strong teams fight each other over and over and trade wins being mostly stuck as well because there aren't enough different teams playing and they have to farm average squads for 2-3 points.

Since pwe can take data just look at the end of season and compare how many players participated in arena vs how many active players pwi has. Plus we have that 12 hour limit which caused some teams unable to play much or at all. Look at china rankings and look at pwi barely has one team in the rankings...
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    If the problem is alt squads then implement a system where mat price in terms of coins is based on scoe.

If you are 1 tear below the required score then it should cost 25% more coins. If you are two tears below then it should cost 50% more coins, ect.

This way you can still craft the mats but, at a higher price. As stated above I don't mind getting less coins if I can actually use them. However if I can never use them then what is the point of participating.

If I could actually use the coins then I would compete and join a squad. I am in a mid-major faction and wouldn't mind participating doing the coliseum but I know I won't be able to make any but the lower mats.

As it stands my time and resources are better used elsewhere. Change this and participation will go way up.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    best solution was stated already before.

-tradable mats keep the score requirements to prevent alt farming
    -untradable mats can be crafted without score
  • nbreaking
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    best solution was stated already before.

-tradable mats keep the score requirements to prevent alt farming
    -untradable mats can be crafted without score

This would actually be brilliant tbh.
    If you do get a chance of suggesting something to CN @kalystconquerer#0876 try suggesting this.
    Nobody could abuse it this way if alts is the reason score is implemented. The people doing the arena could use their own coins and alts would have to be in a good squad too if they wanna trade their coins, win win for everyone since if people want to do it with alts they would need a good team too and there would be more teams actually fighting.

Mr. Justice