The Untamed don't feel Unique Anymore

Options
Okay, we all know Barbs and Veno's are two amazing classes that have been out forever! However, as the game updates and the new classes came out I feel they are still getting the short end of the stick. The character customization is amazing but how come when it comes to the Untamed... customization is almost non-existent. The greatest thing about PWI is being able to make characters that are unique and your own and that no one else will have the exact same. Though you can't even ajust a Barbs eyes let alone change the eye color...
Unless you drop all the face ajustment bars super high or low you can't really see much of a difference from the defult. It's just sad and dissapointing.
I really think barbs deserve more customization opportunities such as being able to change the color of their fur since they don't have hair. Possibly even adding more options to face cusomization like adding the ablility to change the shape and size of your barbarians ears. I feel like the only way to make a barb different from all the other fluff butts out their is to make them super skinny or really wide.
Venomancers for the most part are just as cusomizable as any other class so I really have no big complaints about them. I am leaving this open for the Untamed since I have talked to some other Untamed out their who wish for better veno and barb customization.
I know this topic probably pops up ALL the time but maybe if enough people press it the Chinese version might make some upgrades.
I know there's other game issues that are way more important than customizing your kitty but the one major thing that has always made PWI stand out (Even with new games coming out with advanced customization) is the ablity to make your character your own creation. Today, in this current day, people are STILL praising PWI customization beacuse it's amazing! So why not extend that on to the Barbarians?

Comments

• zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Options
    .ini-editing? Easy fix.
  • bluedragon54
    bluedragon54 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    .ini-editing? Easy fix.
    You shouldn't have to ini-edit. It should just be apart of the game.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Options
    I want my jolly tiger to wear a stetson.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    Check out my ini editing guide and use the ski mask barb as a base edit... I edited that barb edit specifically so that you can choose a hairstyle and edit via the customization sliders in game.
    You legitimately have to place a hairstyle via ini editing on the barb the rest is the exact same, as long as you use that specific barb ini as a base.

And no veno's are op the number of times I've been 0def proc'd in Thursday night fights and arena is just stupid. Heck veno's are rolling full vit just so they can kite for a zero def proc and legit take the skill out of any game play.

Barb's are a beast on their own and have you looked at the upcoming glyph upgrades for barb... Let's give Barb's tidal cause why not.
  • bluedragon54
    Options
    nunuator wrote: »
    Check out my ini editing guide and use the ski mask barb as a base edit... I edited that barb edit specifically so that you can choose a hairstyle and edit via the customization sliders in game.
    You legitimately have to place a hairstyle via ini editing on the barb the rest is the exact same, as long as you use that specific barb ini as a base.

And no veno's are op the number of times I've been 0def proc'd in Thursday night fights and arena is just stupid. Heck veno's are rolling full vit just so they can kite for a zero def proc and legit take the skill out of any game play.

Barb's are a beast on their own and have you looked at the upcoming glyph upgrades for barb... Let's give Barb's tidal cause why not.
    Once again you shouldn't have to go into game files to be able to edit a character. That is something that should be apart of the game. Not to mention you can't ini-edit fur color and some of the other stuff mentioned.

• bluedragon54
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    need more animal heads for barbs which will create different animals instead of a stupid white tiger and a **** designed panda that looks like its been smoking crack all day
    You mean the tiger and panda form or the character animal?

• cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    need more animal heads for barbs which will create different animals instead of a stupid white tiger and a **** designed panda that looks like its been smoking crack all day
    You mean the tiger and panda form or the character animal?
    They are talking about the advanced panda form that looks like he is wearing all the bling. ITS UGLY!!!!!!!!
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    NOBODY PLAYS BARB ANYMORE.. ... if you see a barb playing on the server say HI "PLEASE DON'T QUIT THE GAME EVEN IF YOU CANT KILL PEOPLE TYVM."
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    My main is a barb. 105/105/105. I work so much I don't have the time to do all the instances daily. I don't do UP or DH, I would rather not waste my time trying to find a good squad to run with.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Options
    Just imagine, boys.

-Barb-specific hair and customizable fur color
    -Tiger: Base tiger form uses existing model but carries fur color from customizations; endgame form is a buffed-up tiger rather than a panda
    -Lion: New lion form as base, looks like an IRL lion; endgame form is a buffed-up lion rather than a panda
    -Wolf: New wolf form as base, looks like an IRL wolf; endgame form is a buffed-up wolf rather than a panda
    -Panda: New panda form as base, looks like an IRL panda; endgame form is existing model
    -Maybe new forms like a turtle, a bull(minotaur) or an ape

I do expect some of these changes to come when we get that new game engine though. That Barb played in the demo had white fur and hair.
    NOBODY PLAYS BARB ANYMORE.
    Speak for yourself. :<
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    agreed Orange
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Also you should be able to have a male or female of your choice of the untamed.
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    yeah kk...i griped about that years ago. I wish the char you select...i.e. a wolf...would turn into a wolf instead of a tiger.
  • whateverwolf
    whateverwolf Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I would really like additional true forms for barbs and venos that match the various types of untamed a character can be, so long as they're serious/cool-looking as opposed to how the panda form for barbs looks.
  • bluedragon54
    Options
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Just imagine, boys.

-Tiger: Base tiger form uses existing model but carries fur color from customizations; endgame form is a buffed-up tiger rather than a panda
    -Lion: New lion form as base, looks like an IRL lion; endgame form is a buffed-up lion rather than a panda
    -Wolf: New wolf form as base, looks like an IRL wolf; endgame form is a buffed-up wolf rather than a panda
    -Panda: New panda form as base, looks like an IRL panda; endgame form is existing model

I do expect some of these changes to come when we get that new game engine though. That Barb played in the demo had white fur and hair.

Game engine you say? Are they really gonna be updating it? Isn't like a ton and ton of work to do on such an old game?
  • orangeitis
    Options
    Game engine you say? Are they really gonna be updating it? Isn't like a ton and ton of work to do on such an old game?
    Well, yeah. But apparently, Perfect World is a whole lot more popular in China than PWI is anywhere else. Plus, I'd imagine they could apply the new game engine to some of their other games since those games share a game engine with Perfect World to begin with.

The Chinese devs also said that they're working on movies and a mobile game for PW, among other stuff. PW is pretty big over there.
  • bluedragon54
    Options
    Well, yeah. But apparently, Perfect World is a whole lot more popular in China than PWI is anywhere else. Plus, I'd imagine they could apply the new game engine to some of their other games since those games share a game engine with Perfect World to begin with.

The Chinese devs also said that they're working on movies and a mobile game for PW, among other stuff. PW is pretty big over there.

As cool as that is that will take a ton of time and work.
  • orangeitis
    edited November 2017
    Options

As cool as that is that will take a ton of time and work.
    Indeed. As of last year, they've already been working for years on it. You should probably google the video/interview translation for yourself.
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    Just imagine, boys.

in r9+12 full squad they can kill the UP and DH bosses really fast.
    sage barbs are really tanky but not really necessary now. pwi made sure of that. all you need is to kill the bosses fast enough that it won't deal any damage to anyone. ..
    so you wanna play barb?
    ask roarking if he wanna play barb. hahahah

as for the cosmetics parts that prolly the old barbs wants.

they prolly won't change that any time soon.

its almost 10 years including the beta and barbs doesn't really get any attention.
    for the forms.. its prolly easy to do that... but whats the point? end game? does it provide any additional stats?
    I KNOW U GET TIRED OF LOOKING THE SAME THING FOR 10 YRS. but you chose that.
    pwi won't really bother to even make barb specific models/fashion..
    hey hey head gear doesnt work on barb for 10 yrs already
    thats the clue that prolly barbs wont have. anything fashion/ cosmetic change coming to them.

• orangeitis
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @sleeper1#0704 I can agree to that. But so what? I just said "speak for yourself". If you do not play Barb any more, good for you. But telling everyone such a blanket statement such as "nobody plays X" ignores the players whom still play X, whether it be Barb or any other class.

You want change for Barb? Good, I do too. You think a Barb's value in squads have went down? Yeah, I get that. But to ignore that people still plays the class, I'm not gonna visit pretend land with you on that one.