What is new in PWI?

Options
mwk
mwk Posts: 12 Arc User
I haven't played in years! Last time I played was when Nation Wars was out, but that's when this game started to go haywire on me. Really bad lag or simply bad optimization problems that was never fixed. The game ran fine for me with no problems long ago, until more patches just ruined it for me. It's like the game really jumped down on my FPS. It's so bad! So I left and started to play another MMORPG. Although I really miss this game, it created alot of memories.

If anyone knows me? I'm PhoenixMist, I played a Venomancer, and it's the character that I am most known by. If anyone knows me? HI o:)
No Clan Name or NcN guild.

Well, if LOST CITY SERVER still exists? I heard there was a server merge. This game was a ghost town last time I tried to play and at 1 FPS. Don't get me wrong, this game is just so old! The MMORPG I play now has better graphics and plays well for me with lots of players around. Unless there is like more than 5 bosses for some event in one area, so it's stable a bit.

I might come back, really I don't know? This game takes literally forever to download, even with fast internet! Though I do have a Ipv6 type router and a docsis 3.0 cable modem. So I might see how it goes. I'm just curious if anyone I played with still plays this game? I doubt it, but you never know.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Well a lot has changed. Check some of the News Posts on the news page.

Good...

We have a good CM now kalyst who is also a player.
    NEW home Stead.
    New Skill system (Runes)
    Cross server Events XNW / XTW / X3vs3 & X6vs6
    AND Lost more content.

and the bad

Still having Economy issues
    The Gear Gap is rather bad for PvP - PvE is fine tho.
    few issues with Lag / Server Crashes - Which PWE are doing what they can.
    Game has lost some of their player base but people come and go.

For me the Good outweighs the Bad.

Im sure others can give you good feedback as well as if you use the search function for this type of thread your find a lot.

Thanks.​​
  • katikilo
    katikilo Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    Plus an update a few months ago made the lag much better for many people, so it may have helped your system also.
  • daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi bro, an ex Lost City player here xD

Now our server is Twilight Temple

The game when you start is not diferent than a couple of years ago, is easier to lvl up becose the rewards for quest and stuff like that ar better, but if you are an end game player this game change a lot, new map (Neverfall), new boundary lvl, more skills, glyph sistem, more events and a lot of changes. IMO is a lot better than some years ago.

I used to have problems whit lag, dc and stuff like that but now is running a lot better, dont know what change but seems like better optimitation or something like that.
  • mwk
    mwk Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, I might or might not? I'm just trying to get in touch with people that I played with long ago, but I doubt they play still.

The funniest thing was that last time I tried playing at bad optimization of 1fps LOL, my guild was basically dead, and only with a few people still active; I doubt now though. I know the leader is not playing anymore. I talked with him on teamspeak.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    I decided to sum up everything.
    Money Making?
    g16
    Fws - slow and unreliable -10 runs = 10-15m(keep your hopes up with this)
    NW and xnw - unreliable - 3 times a month average tokens 50-400(winning nation) IF this thing is everyday it will be reliable but it will definitely die down coz its gonna be abundant.
    FSD-not reliable now 5 coins. trolls still want it only @100-125k. . . i sell my cpacks @255k/piece before stuff began to die and now they want it @220k++ .... talk about rarity vs market. catshop still wanna buy cpacks but they wont raise the price higher...
    r9+12?
    fws/badge run by yourself - semi reliable - really fast and easy all u need is a genie with expel or some damage mitigating items and your set. running it by yourself = maximum profit.
    NW and XNW - reliable - if you are max sky level. this is gonna be your other oyster. minimum you can get is around 200-500++tokens not sure with the upper ... but higher minimum means you have even greater average than most. since you can kill stuff faster.
    FSJ -8 coins? meh.
    Lunar - well this is semi reliable since this is reliant on people who want to make gears and stuff same as fws.
    UP - reliable if you are r9+12 do this everyday and you got money.
    DH- semi reliable - i see a downside curve on people buying glyphs so yeah...

Don't bother with merchanting. if you only have 10m in your pocket.. it will not go anywhere.
    if you have 1b in your pocket... well pwi is in your pocket as well.

Other stuff
    Meridian Unlocking? - just do bh everyday and select pills as reward. easier now than before

War Avatar Levelling? - just do FS-FSD-FSJ everyday. if you have money you can spend 15g to buy golden splendor to maximize the rewards. 75m = 15g . easier now than before

Power Levelling? - just buy Lucky Coins and exchange it to a pass that will let you kill toad in PV100+ this is currently the HIGHEST XP you can get from anything. cost? 20m++ to infinite. it will go higher the higher the prices of lucky coins is. easier now than before

Starchart Levelling? - do FSJ - meh rewards, Heavenfall temple - even meh rewards and low possibility of getting starchart items. i tried this... if in 1 run you can't get any starchart items... that **** is unreliable. we have a better alternative down below. im not sure with this... but yeah with the transmutation ... its easier now.

Skill Farming? easier now than before coz skill can be acquired easily. EU rewards 89-99 books AEU rewards 79 -100 - morai books

Bloods Farming/primal passives levelling/new starchart farm - UCH. reliable
    13 primordial bloods or 6 barbaric and 1 primordial bloods per run. if you max the passives already u can use the bloods in the transmutation to get lvl 3-4 starchart items. Tested this ..1 month is really reliable vs effort done. you will get lvl 1-2 starchart items in fsj. but here.... if you combine it with other stuff you collected in a month will prove to be worthy than fsj.
    Many bosses + meh rewards? vs 3 Bosses which you can do with g16 people fast and worth monthly rewards? i will choose the latter. easier now than before.

g17 mats farming and stuff?
    Arigora Coliseum , Homestead , UP
    - ALL OF THEM COST COINS... HS on the other hand as long as you don't level anything inside is ok. but i currently reached a point where cerise maintenance cost per day reached around the thousands cerise - 5k for 2 days missed you know where that **** is going. kinda meh... more expensive than before. hahaha

Prices of stuff?
    Old years?
    20k per G (i played in beta so i experience this) now 6-10m coins per G
    normal g16 players wont be able to get 1g even after 10 runs in fws coz G will prolly raise prices while money making still wont really go up and will still stay the same no matter what the price of G is. literally..
    Perfect Token of Luck and Lucky Coins are double the price they originally have in 2016-mid2017. normal people will not be able to afford to buy tele priced @ 25k each.
    if i based it in just 2016-2017 - prices of stuff seems double.

Squad Forming?
    pwi will make you realize... how can this game stay alive? is a pain now unlike before like 2-3 months ago.
    EU and AEU forming can't even form a full squad.
    FSJ - making squad will be proved to be charming........ missing bm's
    FSD - missing barb like 99% of the time.
    also make sure you have atleast 20 pieces of teleacoustic coz u really need it.

before the major update - forming squad is a breeze but now ,... you decide. ..

if you wanna play with same 20-30 people everyday... yeah u should go back again.
    we need new people to sell gears to so you should go back and play again.

basically most stuff is easier now.... Not the money making part though but everything else is good.