[PSA] Important - Possible Changes And Updates Coming to PWI

Comments

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Why should our version be different from China. If they make good content for China or the PWI version then everyone should use it. Not just US or THEM. I don't really see a need to differentiate. Our version has been burned by stuff like this in the past. (super ugly rank 9 recast weapons) However if there is a good reason then sure. Maybe we can solve some problems by making our game MORE like the chinese version.

1. Remove jones and omalley blessings from game so we can use the blessings already in our game, and specialty blessings. This will remove the tedious task of getting a blessing every week, and make things more balanced.
    2. Add a report spammer option for mail received, or some good way to report.
    3. Custom music choice in homestead does sound Awesome.
    4. Clean up items, so we don't have 4 versions of the same item clogging up our banks and inventories.
    5. Stop bad promotions, playing pwi should not feel like a game of jumping through promotional hoops. Instead of actually playing the game.

I say don't lose sight of the fact that all things in game can't be "OP."

Stuff like UPD is designed to be end game. And end game content should be teamwork and squad based.
    m5arXCN.png
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Offline cat shops, or way cheaper comission shop. The cost of running a commission shop is prohibitive.

Silly you need to run your computer to keep your cat shop up. So 2008!!!
    m5arXCN.png
  • sunshine#8008
    sunshine#8008 Posts: 1 Arc User
    If you take joj out you will loose alot of players including me and my husband. We even spend real money in here too just for your information. Would hate to quit a game been playing for 9 years.
  • muh14
    muh14 Posts: 12 Arc User
    npc15 wrote: »
    rosdom wrote: »
    3) Please for the love of God, if it's possible, Remove the AUTO ATK after casting Spell Cutter/ Condensed Thorn for Assassins. ( After casting them, it immediately starts auto attacking and it is very annoying to try and stop it especially when you have chill on... )

YES PLEASE stop it..agree on it
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    lmao i dont even use joly jones because i dont have the pathince for it but i can tell you after you nerf Bh1 1 mill rewards card drop rate i dont find myself playing very much cause i cant repaire my gear and 2 i dont do bh1s anymore because they cost to much on my repaire bill leaving more people to fend for themselfs and good luck lol.

And bh2 lol lol why even bother lol its a joke srry i dont have the urge to help anyone cause i simply cant afford to its now become everyone for themselfs lol good luck guys
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    oh and to the persons above why does our verstion need to be diffrent then cn its because cn sucks and if you dont like it why dont you go over there and stay there pleas lol
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    oh and to the persons above why does our verstion need to be diffrent then cn its because cn sucks and if you dont like it why dont you go over there and stay there pleas lol

You do realize CN version is literally bout 100x as popular as our version? There is a reason why our version has been losing players while CN has been going strong and large part of that are management but you would also imagine our specialized content has not been working too well for us.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Make Dawn Glory a PvP server please and re-enable the KDR page.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    wow, level a toon to lvl 60ish or so and log it in, takes like what 30 second's to log in and click JJ npc and there is your coin's for repair, Now ya don't have to say constantly I don't have the means to repair my gear's. I know it's really hard, but I have faith you can do it@.... :)

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    BRILLIANT!!!

Its nice to see PWI is getting its INTERNATIONAL name highlighted.

Agreed with the power creap and Gear Gap. I understand its hard now. Hence I was on par with being easily able to update gears rather than get them for free. Their is a scene in working for something.

I think the competitions would be better with a panel of GMs and may be one or 2 players. Score it on a few points add them all up n done.

I have more things but they are complicated like a PvP XServer Area. With some quests and protections etc.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @saxroll They are able to have the bandwidth to do the things we haven't quite gotten off the ground yet (big tournaments livestreamed, ability to crank out fixes without waiting for huge builds, campaigns/item giftpacks tied to cross promotion with other companies) as well as not having the same version changes we had (NW forge exchanges are different in their version which would have impacted the Nirvana Crystal economy differently than it did here, no version specific R9S3). There is always a decay there in users, but it's slow. I'd like to bring some of those things they have here, but it requires me to dig around and ask what certain packs are tied to and what event items are if they didn't send documentation over on accident.

Also a side note, they have lots of events around holidays, but when we receive our expansions sometimes we miss the window on having these events, which is a bit saddening. In light of this, I have gone to them to see if they can build stuff for our International audience that they might not have built. And any event items tied to these missed window events I will start releasing to the players in various methods (Promos, Event Shop, etc.)

The way they go about things in their version is very different from ours, so I will be trying to dig deeper into what makes the CN version tick in the coming months!

@prancing Commission Shops - I've ran sales on those items nearly monthly, if I remember correctly. So theoretically you could chain the monthly order on sale almost indefinitely. I don't know how I'd go about checking how many people are starting to use them now than before, but if it proves that having a lower price means people are willing to use it more, I could see if another price reduction would be taken into consideration.

To add to this thread before I go back and read the older pages :
    After nearly a years' worth of talks, we have now re-acquired the following functionality -
    Monster Spawning on Live
    This is yet another hallmark of the communication between our team and the CN team. This was a very big request of ours that has only now finally come to light. With this functionality, new possibilities for 2018 can be actualized! So I'm very excited to have this tool again and I hope players will look forward to new types of events in the future.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Something that many of the people I know that left this game told me is that they felt the game was every day less rewarding and more pack/key based. I honestly completly understand those people feelings.

Don't get me wrong on this. I understand that this is a business and the company need to earn money. I also understand that there are people who love all the cash based stuff or even some don't have too many time to play so they may need to skip content.
    However I also think that the game should be rewarding for those who want to play it.

What is the point on doing a quest that gives little to no rewards?
    What is the point on going to primal if all was nerfed for no reason?
    what is the point on doing all low level related stuff if again there is not much good stuff to get from it?
    what is the point on killing mobs that drop less than your repair cost?
    what is the point on farming some dungeons if all inside is not worth a thing anymore?

Tbh is not about giving stuff for free, but more about making the whole quest system maybe bit more challenging but also more rewarding and fun.

Also about the whole jolly and economy state isue that i see some people talking about here, many of those people have no idea about how the in game economy works:
    PWCN and PWE could remove jolly, remove bh rewards and even remove coin drops from mobs, But you still will have high gold price and inflation.

The main reason for everything costing more nowadays are those foils and all items that allow really wealthy people in game to literally print money out of nothing. The only way to mitagate inflation would be to reduce those items from pack/keys or completly remove them from our version.
    The thing is that nowadays a good merchant or casher doesn't need the coins from a ftp player, this precisely for the reason stated before.

Just think about it: If I can use a pack item to get a lot of coin just by npcing it, why would I want to sell my gold for coin? unless of course i can get a lot of more coins from another player..

As some other people said in the past: There is no problem on cashers and good merchant going super rich, however they should get their coin from other players, NOT directly from a pack/key. The pack or key should give good items that other players want in exchange from their coins. It is a really easy concept that both the devs plus most of people that play this game cant grasp.
  • konagurl6666
    konagurl6666 Posts: 34 Arc User
    I would love to see some of the following ideas considered.

1. I would like to see Dawnglory server switched to PVP. The reason behind this is you took two PVP servers with the largest populations and forced a merger of PVE content. Most of us would like to have our PVP re-enabled for this server as it brings a lot more fun to the game. Reasource war is a race of who can out DD the other faction or everyone just hits one base, before when we were forced PVP mode, this was not the case. You could defend your bases and in order to take a base you had to fend off the other factions coming in for it. Auto Cultivation: This used to be fun in a way that if someone was at a spot and you felt they farmed enough there, just kill them and now its yours! Now you just give up because you cant kill a blue name. Many of our higher geared players will talk smack from Blue named abilities and not back it up <-- witch makes the game un-fun. Where as people forced PK mode would mean we can get our justice when we "catch them outside".

2. I would like to see a server transfer stone. I realise this will be a lot of work to do as it takes a bounch of systems and makes them play nice with eachother. I know this would have been better implemented in the begining rather than years later. However i feel like over half our server would love this idea and it would balance out XTW and XNW and the future upcoming XTNF events as players will spread out. I feel it would be amazing to be able to fight in a faction on one server for a season than switch to another server/faction for the next. I feel it would make a whole new depth to the game that would make it a ton of fun again!

3. Bring back ways of getting star chart items at a steady pace. We have been lacking on these since the last update and I think this was a bad call on PWE's part.

4. Do something nice again with DQ drops. make them worth getting again. Bring back a good way to make decent coin again for our lower levels/geared people. there has been a lack of coin for younger players for some time now level 70-rb2100 is kinda a hard grind due to lack of coins.
    These are some very nice things that should be concidered for the next or future update. ALSO: please re-activate the KDR system..... lets see those killlzzzzz
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    1. Adjust drop rates to account for lower population. PWI faces a major shortage of materials such as Zenith Skulls and Homestead Materials. There are fewer people participating in these systems. China has an active population that allows low drop rate percents to work by generating enough items to feed their economies without overwhelming them. China may enough instances in a day to produce 1 skull a server a day. PWI doesn't have enough active players to make the rare drop percentages for Zenith Skulls work - we may not see one for a month.
    2. Cross Server NW needs to allow for squads to be randomly distributed amongst the 4 nations. In China XNW works and is relatively balanced because of Timezones. In PWI, XNW heavily favors 1 timezone and 1 server. Either randomly distribute the teams or have multiple XNW slots at a different time each week.
    3. Create real coin sinks, and unnerf coin generation. New players feel like they aren't making progress. People with coins have nothing to really spend on. When they do they drive up the price because they collect ever more coins. Real coin sinks aren't gimmicky things like Homestead. A real coin sink is something like a Zenith skull or Dractonic Essence priced at 200M-700M coins. PWI doesn't have China's botting problem, yet we're being punished because China does have this problem.
    4. Stop forcing gear upgrades where we have to throw stuff away and refine from scratch or pay a ridiculous price in Chienkun stones. G17 is stupidly misaligned with PWIs playerbase. R9R4 was not an upgrade. Its okay to charge a price, but in other titles it takes $1000 for a whole gear set, not a $1000 per piece (x11 pieces).
    5. Start balancing classes in PWI based off of PWI. Chinese servers have a different gear scale that yields class and skill balance changes that cater to their level of power. Our peak power-scale exposes issues in that balance that need to be addressed. I sometimes wish that PWI and PW-CN players could fight in XTW with each characters original gears (none of this scaled balance) so that PW-CN developers could see how grossly imbalanced their latest classes are.
  • partyxgirl
    partyxgirl Posts: 5 Arc User
    A class specific thing I would love to see:
    Remove the archer distance nerf . It is heavily outdated in pve and PvP.

XTW coins need more items you can exchange them for
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The kill death ratio page will literally be ppl farming Alts and assassins/duckblades attacking ppl from stealth then hightailing it to safe zone to brag about all the cheap kills they received can we not please...... The game meta isn’t how it used to be this is just ganna be a cheap grab for bragging rights just for being able to be lucky with tidal protection and umbrella stalker and running a marathon to begin sz camping until cooldown skills up. If you implement the KDR page it’s just another means to stroke Assassin, some Duskblade and maybe archers Egos everyone else it’s just lol waste of time to put effort in that agian
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    [quote="partyxgirl;c-12752933"
    XTW coins need more items you can exchange them for [/quote]

Yes please.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

1. I would like to see Dawnglory server switched to PVP. The reason behind this is you took two PVP servers with the largest populations and forced a merger of PVE content. Most of us would like to have our PVP re-enabled for this server as it brings a lot more fun to the game. Reasource war is a race of who can out DD the other faction or everyone just hits one base, before when we were forced PVP mode, this was not the case. You could defend your bases and in order to take a base you had to fend off the other factions coming in for it. Auto Cultivation: This used to be fun in a way that if someone was at a spot and you felt they farmed enough there, just kill them and now its yours! Now you just give up because you cant kill a blue name. Many of our higher geared players will talk smack from Blue named abilities and not back it up <-- witch makes the game un-fun. Where as people forced PK mode would mean we can get our justice when we "catch them outside".

And force the other half of the server into pvp when they clearly signed up for pve?
    Not my fault if some pvp people hide behind a blue name.

I say, let it be pve with the OPTION of pvp. (AKA: be glad you get the option of going white at all)
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    The kill death ratio page will literally be ppl farming Alts and assassins/duckblades attacking ppl from stealth then hightailing it to safe zone to brag about all the cheap kills they received can we not please...... The game meta isn’t how it used to be this is just ganna be a cheap grab for bragging rights just for being able to be lucky with tidal protection and umbrella stalker and running a marathon to begin sz camping until cooldown skills up. If you implement the KDR page it’s just another means to stroke Assassin, some Duskblade and maybe archers Egos everyone else it’s just lol waste of time to put effort in that agian

i had a KDA of 71 or something and people accused me of farming alts, so yeah, might aswell not put the rankings back up. unless it counts TW and xTW only.

• aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    "Overall Thoughts of Creating Content for PWI
    Devs are actually happy to create unique content for this version. This includes things like cosmetics or new events specific to International holidays."

Specific content/polishing is fairly simple. Keep it seasonal so it can recur annually, then update/expand as new game mechanics give more options. For instance, the christmas fashion can recur at the appropriate time, but you can also add a "Christmas Tree" homestead placeable now.

AH Coin Cap - The devs have said this can be adjusted. They ask for what the number should be increased to and any important information they should know beforehand. Since this will impact the economy, this will need to be done carefully.
    Whatever you set this to will quickly become the new cap. Until measures are taken to ban people who have automated coin-generation (killing off Jolly Jones giving money on sign-in would be a good start - there's folk who have well in excess of 100 accounts just automated signing in, taking the mission, getting coin, and signing out, getting well over 100 million per day by running a non-autoculti sign-in bot), coin will be a near-infinite resource to some, therefor the value of gold will be at or above the cap. I would advise against changing this before those who cheat in coin generation are dealt with - by permbanning both their altfarm and the mains who benefitted from it. Follow the money. If you want to see this jolly bot in action, go to the City of the Lost Jolly on Dawnglory anywhere between 2 AM and 6 AM. Watch the toons sign in, throw a holypath, sign out, rinse repeat.

Transmutation (PWI specific exchanges) - Can be done, but they would like to have data on the amount of items that exist in the game for whatever is being suggested to be transmutted. Some of the items I have already pulled information on (DQ) and some items will need to make sure are noted (Fairy Boxes), so this would be a good chance to get in items that aren't in the CN Transmutation NPC that we have use for.
    Fairy boxes, yes, were missed. Would not do DQ items because people will just bot them again (even on autoculti) and get an infinity of potions/pills/nuema for all toons that way. Add the level 2 Nuema items - once you're at max nuema you can't use those anymore for anything.

Homestead Updates - They would like to know what ideas we have in mind to improve Homestead. This is a great opportunity to suggest possible features and updates to this system. While we still have to keep some of the CN limitations in mind, just having a dialogue about it could open up creation of new and more useful features to get the most out of the Homestead feature!
    Minion battles: Team preselection. Create a few presets of minion teams that you can quickly start battles with so that you don't have to re-pick your minions each time. Also add a checkbox to skip the combat animations alltogether. After about 50 times that animation becomes more annoying then anything else.

Bank/Cupboard Expansion - Can be done, but they need details of how much to be expanded to since bank space is involved in a lot of different areas (their words "procedural framework") and they will just need a heads up on it.
    Fine as is. Account stash could use expanding so that you can use bank toons more efficiently however. 16 slots there is a bit on the low side.

Other ideas:
    - Fix some long-standing and very annoying bugs. For instance, falling through the bridge in Warsong, some floating trees north of Archosaur...
  • tek1nig
    blazerboy wrote: »

Incorrect. Because there was a built in system at the time to prevent abuse of repeated kills for the KDR system.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited November 2017
    ailiadrake wrote: »

And force the other half of the server into pvp when they clearly signed up for pve?
    Not my fault if some pvp people hide behind a blue name.

I say, let it be pve with the OPTION of pvp. (AKA: be glad you get the option of going white at all)

Also slightly incorrect. We must put this into perspective with the FACT* that PWC historically and "continually" develops content with PVP in mind.

All of their servers are PVP. Introducing PVE for the International version has only served to damage the playerbase. Bore the remaining combatants. And irreversably destroy PVP orientated Events such as Resource Wars.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Bring tiers(level ranges/spirit requirements) to various PVP events(Arigora would be a nice start!) it's gonna be more challenging for everybody rather than just one shoting others with R9+12.Nerf the rewards as per the tier.We can also have event specific rental gear.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2017
    I think we all know switching the PvP Server is not the right way to go.

I would like to see a custom Designed PvP XServer Map. With a few quests and a system that kicks you off the server after being killed so many times with a small reward. FULL PVP protections or you would see items switch servers... NOT GOOD!

I got a few ideas for quests and stuffs for this as well but they are locked away in a secret volt somwhere in my brain and I cant remember where I left the password... Its in a safe place...

OK going on and on now /End.​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Nuema Portal Chests need to be made tradeable!!

I don't understand why the Nuema Portal chests are bound in the first place...
    If this logic is applied to just one chest it should be applied to all the rest of them such as Warsong City and Lord of Morai avatar chests.
    It appears to just be plain discrimination against a player who is going for Nuema Portal seeing that even if they are tradeable I've been told a player is willing to spend 5bill for each Nuema Portal chest in order to finish their set.....

Not only is this an issue but, certain packs can drop a Nuema Portal chest in a pack RNG containing either a Jaden Crystal, Crown of Madness, S Chest, or Dull Dragonic Essence. If a player pulls the Nuema Portal chest or S Chest they loose that potential profit from having a choice to sell their drop and instead just get screwed over by a bound chest.

It's a win for PWI if it becomes tradeable cause magically a player who doubt'd he could finish Nuema Portal will now spend upwards of 1,250$ in gold to finish the set.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    How about a PVP continent! kidding...xD
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    i agree with make the "fly with me" song come back to charachter selection
  • emanuelly#5715
    emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    BRILLIANT!!!

Agreed with the power creap and Gear Gap. I understand its hard now. Hence I was on par with being easily able to update gears rather than get them for free. Their is a scene in working for something.

I think the competitions would be better with a panel of GMs and may be one or 2 players. Score it on a few points add them all up n done.

I have more things but they are complicated like a PvP XServer Area. With some quests and protections etc.​​

If the PWI has the INTERNATIONAL name highlighted, why block some countries' access to the game, such as new brazilian accounts?

@kalystconquerer#0876 If the game is international, it should not have a contractual dispute with a national company. In Russia, Mail.ru distributes the game, but the PWI is not blocked in that country. block access of new brazilians is ridiculous, because many brazilian players buy golds and they prefer to play here, because the brazilian server have many bugs and far behind in the updates.

Review this blocking concept and live up to the name "INTERNATIONAL"
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    BRILLIANT!!!

If the PWI has the INTERNATIONAL name highlighted, why block some countries' access to the game, such as new brazilian accounts?

@kalystconquerer#0876 If the game is international, it should not have a contractual dispute with a national company. In Russia, Mail.ru distributes the game, but the PWI is not blocked in that country. block access of new brazilians is ridiculous, because many brazilian players buy golds and they prefer to play here, because the brazilian server have many bugs and far behind in the updates.

Review this blocking concept and live up to the name "INTERNATIONAL"

International doesnt mean every damned country in the world. But they have certain agreements in their license they cant just offer game to Brazilians for example due said contract. If Br version wants PWI to block Brs, they will have to do that due the license. I have no idea why this doesnt hold the same for Russians but meh.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • emanuelly#5715
    emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

International doesnt mean every damned country in the world. But they have certain agreements in their license they cant just offer game to Brazilians for example due said contract. If Br version wants PWI to block Brs, they will have to do that due the license. I have no idea why this doesnt hold the same for Russians but meh.

@kalystconquerer#0876 If so, they can ban all Brazilians, including old accounts, through the clauses 4.12, 26.1 and the person can not request a refund, through the clause 26.6

To avoid any doubt, please change the terms of services (the clauses 2.1, 2.2 and 26.1 allow to do this), specify which countries and which games are blocked. It's not necessary to give a reason for the block.

Many brazilians (and others from blocked countries) are using illegal methods, such as VPNs, altering the game files and Arc Launcher to gain access to the game.

If it's to block, that they make the complete blockade and not only partial, but also remove the "International" from the game title.