Are rare pet spawn times messed up or just me?

bluedragon54
bluedragon54 Posts: 29 Arc User
I'm on the Etherblade server and pet's don't seem to spawn when they should. A couple weeks after maintenance I was waiting on the Derjan to spawn. It took THREE days for it to spawn. I waited in the same spot and it never showed up til 3 days later. The Kowlin... spawns... waiting 15-24 hours later... still no spawn. The armour bear spawned at 21:00 then the next day it spawned at 11:00. Are the pet spawn times just more random now or has it always been this way?

Comments

• bluedragon54
    sontzu wrote: »
    A friend of mine has been trying for derjan's hatchling on Da without luck, maybe this is why, as she has been logging as soon as maint is over as best she can
    Well, It does spawn but now days it's based on dumb luck as far as Taming the Derjan cuz it seems to have no serious spawning times. It's all over the place. I waited for a long time on that kowlin and it never spawned and still hasn't spawned to my knowlage and it's been well over 24 hours. Then we have some rude person that camps the pup 24/7 just so they can tame it and if you try to tame it they purposly kill it. I haven't seen the pig in 3 days and I check it rather ferquently.
    I've read online that the Rare pet cycle is suppose to star 4-5 hours after maint. However from personal experiance I am finding that to be false. Maybe it was that way once but sure as heck not any more.
  • bluedragon54
    teabagg wrote: »
    This junk here besides being gender locked has kept me from playing a veno.

This is just about rare pets. There are other amazing pets that are not rare and easily tamed. The Scorpian for example, can be evolved and can be a very good tank pet. The crystal magmite and the Glacial walker are alright too and can be evolved. The Cactus is another very common pet that is super amazing.

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Yeah I'm honestly not sure of the pet spawn times myself, since they changed it quite a long time ago so I'm not really sure which sources are accurate. They're meant to be a random spawn but I don't know what the time range is nor do I know when they're meant to spawn after maintenance. It's definitely something I'd like to find out though so I can edit the wiki pages for it.

My luck with finding rare pets doesn't seem to be that good on my own server but I usually find someone camping many of the spawns anyway. Was admittedly a bit weird having trouble finding Froglings at one point.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • bluedragon54
    obielle wrote: »
    Yeah I'm honestly not sure of the pet spawn times myself, since they changed it quite a long time ago so I'm not really sure which sources are accurate. They're meant to be a random spawn but I don't know what the time range is nor do I know when they're meant to spawn after maintenance. It's definitely something I'd like to find out though so I can edit the wiki pages for it.

My luck with finding rare pets doesn't seem to be that good on my own server but I usually find someone camping many of the spawns anyway. Was admittedly a bit weird having trouble finding Froglings at one point.

Most people just sell them, which I won't lie, I do too. However, I also have many veno friends who wanna tame their own just to experiance it and it's rather hard for them to do so. I also belive that the Kowlin, Bear, and the Cuddly Pup are in too populated of areas. I think other players kill them often not relizing they are rare.

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Yeah. The dino pet is bound, and I think you can't even put it into account stash.
    Also, its spawn time is all over the place. My best advice is to either camp the place 24/7, or go there occasionally. You'd be surprised how many times you see the pet while you're just passing through
    (which it was how I tamed it on both of my venos. By checking occasionally.)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    The spawn times will be random if they are a timed respawn. But to be fair I'm not sure on that with these.

Also as above the area they are in prob does not help when they are kill them not knowing what they are.