Pop Up Shot event?

Options
wibles
wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
I was expecting a pop up shot event announcement today, but haven't seen one.... I couldn't find the location of where to vote on items for the shops either, nor the results of those polls. And it said a code would be released depending on participation... has that occurred yet? I just haven't seen if it has. I'm interested in what items made it in and just would like as much heads up as possible as far as where or when to expect these shops, since there is such a small window! What's going on with this event? Thanks!

Comments

• trixxie2
    trixxie2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Pop Up Shop Appears : 10/18, 10/19 and 10/20 at Random Intervals
    (From Event Post in forums on Sept 29th)

I have been wondering this too! I've been online overnight and all day watching for this and nothing! I want my chance at buying a CoM! :s
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    is a com in the shop?? I'm so confused what is even in the shop, there doesnt seem to be a list anywhere!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Well there was event on Etherblade today. It has some requested items on it, kinda random. First shop I saw was Draconic Essence and lvl 4 glyph, apparently it had the mother of pack pet too. 2nd shop was Zenith Skull. 3rd Shop was CoM.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    We just had it on Twilight Temple about 30 or more minutes ago. It had Level 4 Glyphs, Dull Profaned Wood, Astral Peacock flyer, plus some other things. I wasn't lucky enough to actually check any of the shops myself though.

EDIT: Oh, and as for the where, for these events they usually give out hints. I did see Etherblade's popup shop event as well, the hints were pretty clever :p some were based on bands/music or required a bit of googling.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • cefre
    cefre Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    It's was yesterday in DA server but prices was insane high. Next time if I see that shop I gonna pk the gm just say ty for her prices
  • trixxie2
    Options
    I finally saw it last night. Third shop was a CoM for 1bil and I got it! Thanks! <3
  • trixxie2
    Options
    And also got the Mother of the Pack pet for 5mil from the first shop. ;)
  • madsbella
    madsbella Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    This was suppose to be a really great event that so many looked forward to..Everyone I spoke to on Tideswell waited around for 3 days waiting for the shop that was either not findable or simple went (POOF) the second they clicked on it. Why would you dangle a carrot in front of an already fast depleating server of people that are just tired of the lack luster events offered..Was this Event ment to be a joke...you do realize April Fools Day was months ago.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know how you feel and I truly understand why...
    Multiple people could be seen spending real life cash for a chance at a cheap Crown of madness (let's say 250 vs 750 USD)

The main issue in the event is that it is flawed on its own just like these GM PK events...

The reason the first GM PK event had such a positive response tied to it is because a set time for the GM to log on and PK was announced...

Now we take said shops and last anniversary GM PK event, we had maybe 5 minutes of PK with 10 ppl and a GM calling it quits and moving on to the next server within 10 minutes.
    The first ever GM PK event had 80+ people with major group on group PK with a GM interacting with the players via GM horns. It even had a set time for players to log in and have guranteed fun.
    This is why players are sitting around with a toon logged on... You need to set a time for an event if you want a response. Stating "@ random intervals on x y and z dates" does no good for the average player which logs on for guranteed squads of FSJ DH UP UCH and or dailies.

It all seemed rushed to be completely honest which in turn makes the player base lack even more faith in said care and longevity of the game.

Also PWI has an inflation issue with spend promo's ever since the removal of nuema portal cards... Charge promo's remain untouched and even get revamped for players to get more bang for their buck but, let's take the same amount of gold believe it was 110 for a 10* orb and give them an A pack... And let's remove 12 and 11* orbs from them altogether so we can force players to charge...

S Chest for 1200 gold ok PWI dev or GM please log in and look at the 8k or so buy orders for gold on each and every server and try to get the gold through AH... Heads up you can't.

Just a quick hint...
    Interacting with the community is not having us submit a ticket to receive help and getting linked to a pwi wiki to help fix the issue...
    Honestly it's just insulting to a player that is linked to a wiki page...
    Yep, cause we can manage to figure out how to submit a ticket but, can't figure out how to use a wiki page dedicated to a game to find the info we need...
    Post edited by nunuator on
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah I can agree with the time thing, it can be difficult for some people to be prepared for an event that appears spontaneously, since many people would probably want to keep their schedule clear in preparation for it. I was lucky enough to be around for the popup shop event on Twilight Temple, but I did notice it was running during Resource Wars on the Etherblade server which probably caused a bit of a conflict with some people. Maybe the GMs are a little short on free time to run these, I don't really know.

One other thing I think can be improved and was kinda touched on in a post above is the availability of the items for the event. It was pretty easy for a single person to just buy out the entire shop while other people missed out. It would be nice to improve the probability of different people getting items, but the only way I can think of improving that is increasing the number of rounds while decreasing the amount of items in the shop to either 1 item or a small stack. I'm not sure how feasible that is for whoever is running the event since that means that it'll take longer to do and require more effort as more locations/hints would be needed.

I do enjoy these types of events even if I didn't get anything so I do hope to see more in the future. :)
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com