What’s become of us?

Options
sinme79
sinme79 Posts: 60 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
So I don’t need to tell most of you what playing PWI used to be like, we were all there for the most part. But as I sat with my laptop staring at the screen last night, after fighting with some random stranger who was trying to lowball me when I was asking for market value for a ring in worldchat, I realized that I was getting angry and that made me sad. PWI used to be an escape from the madness of real life. I could log in and be greeted by friendly folks with common goals and all that. Now? I emulate the introvertedness I exhibit in real life because you can’t trust people in game anymore. Everyone is selfish and out to increase their Big Notes. Most of the events and new dungeons cater to those with R9, and let’s face that, the elephant in the room is that most can’t attain R9 without cashing. They took out the NPC value on items that people used to be able to farm. They’ve stripped the free to play players away leaving only the soul sucking money hungries behind. You know, those people who hit millions of points in the weekly highest attack event, crit 100k+ on you in NW even if you’re up to date in primals, vitae and in nicely refined g16, etc. The players are no longer important, so it’s become all about money. Idk, I may leave, I usually do for months at a time but come back, missing what the game used to be like. Only to get tired of this “perfect world” just emulating the actual world and becoming a waste of my time. I’m not whining, just stating the facts. These things are why our player base has diminished so greatly. Why you always see “this game is still around?” In comment forums on Facebook etc. DEVs, you need to work on ways to include everyone, or you risk losing everyone except those who have invested so much money they can’t walk away. It’s sad to see it come to this. I miss the perfect world. Or at least the one that was better than reality. </3

Comments

• sinme79
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yep the heavy cash-shop/random chance based environment has driven away most of the more casual/social players and there's not much PWI can do at this point.

I will agree that most people don't even haggle much anymore...part of the problem is that people are getting too selfish/stubborn and there's no wiggle room in prices anymore. Most conversations are just

"offer"

"How about 7.7m/gold? I'd like to buy at least 36"

"nope"

*end of convo*

I think part of that is that most players now are only here to hit that "lucky" jackpot, a.k.a random noob that overpays for an item because he doesn't know any better. It's not really a fun way to make money or even the best way, but with the game as pack-heavy as it is, it only tends to attract those addictive personality types.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Y'know, a few years back I was of the people most commonly accused of pining for "the old days..." but even I have to say, let's remember that the game in 2008/9/10 was far from perfect itself. You absolutely had scammers, price-gougers, and all manner of generally overambitious people back then, just like you had all manner of obnoxious trolls, people who refused to communicate with their squad and wiped everyone, people who randomly faction-invited everyone they could see without a faction... the list goes on and on.

I'm really not a fan of the old "video games are for escapism" trope when it comes to MMOs. Sure they can be fun, and sure you escape from some elements of the wider world, but ultimately you're still interacting with people. Sometimes they'll **** you over and steal something. Sometimes they'll be a fair-weather friend. Sometimes they'll treat their faction as their own personal power trip. Or sometimes... they'll get pissed off at someone trying to shortchange them. :smile: The point is, if you're playing a game with other humans, don't expect them to not be human.

Does this let PWE/wanmei off the hook for all the F2P coin draining? No, it doesn't, because that's phenomenally stupid and they should know better by now. But I don't think this is the kind of thing you can blame it for. :tongue:
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • sinme79
    Options
    I agree with both of you dregenfox and greenfire312 :) although I will reiterate that I have a habit of hiding in pwi from the rest of the world, albeit a (probably) profound character flaw. But meh, it is what it is.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    I agree when it comes to bargaining. Everyone wants the lucky moment of someone buying at a ridiculous cost and they'll keep on that idea until someone buys in. Is it wrong, not quite; is it successful, slim chance especially if you are dealing with the usual crowd who buys often and knows the market.

Ex: Someone was selling the Silvery Jade fashion pack and seemed not to get an offer. I offered 40 million and mind you I was just as clueless as they were looking for a price but they told me they were just going to see if others will buy higher. Was I upset, slightly but again, always try to squeeze a bit more but when does it get out of hand, well that depends on the desperation.

The game will never return to the good old days where things weren't ridiculously priced and so pack heavy with golden goodies, and that's fine as well because a company needs to make money. It is up to the player to buy in. My issue is things have just become difficult for casual players to participate in things without being ripped to shreds by the OP. Not sure how others would feel wanting to have some mild fun in NW only to be torn every chance, but its not just this. I doubt any g16 have tried the Arena. This new gauntlet, while interesting, just screams R9 only (just as Neverfall did and does) and yes I understand if you're lucky to have plenty of r9 buddies you can tag along but its not as fun to depend on them. So most things so far are catered to them and just feels it edges you to buy in or spend years farming R9 because of the ridiculous pricing today. So lose/lose if you're a casual.

But hey its your game play, your style. You make it fun or not. You deal with the changes or you migrate elsewhere but I wont disagree PWI used to be mega fun (or still might be to some) but things change. I hardly play today, but I can't uninstall it. Who knows something interesting will bring me back to full speed :) .....however long that'd be.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    erokes wrote: »
    Ex: Someone was selling the Silvery Jade fashion pack and seemed not to get an offer. I offered 40 million and mind you I was just as clueless as they were looking for a price but they told me they were just going to see if others will buy higher. Was I upset, slightly but again, always try to squeeze a bit more but when does it get out of hand, well that depends on the desperation.

Eh, 40m for new female fash is a bad joke. It doesnt really matter what it looks like, new ones will go for 100m+ for a while. I personally just loaned one to friend, they wanted the hair badly and I didnt get too high offers for it so meh. And I am sure I am not the only one who rather do something else to new fash than sell it if offers are not worth taking.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah like I said wasnt too upset cause the hair was cute, but I just hadn't seen the pack selling or I missed the demand for it due to taking a break when it was brought in. I will still cross my fingers to snag the pack. Plus I also figured they'd have had offers and course I'd eventually upped my offer :)
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • stephshannon
    stephshannon Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    i have played since 2009, i quit for 3 years, came back when i got an email about neverfall.
    i decided i need r9 or may aswell quit again, i sold all the **** i'd hoarded over the many years, got a 400m strong cat for merching, but the rise in price of MoG and GST since and the cruel timing of repeatedly having Mog and keys sales at same time is just.... 1 step closer, two steps back... i'll probably quit again soon.... I've got the 4,860 supply tokens i need for summerwinds for 2nd cast, the molds, badges, eoo and eod for 3rd. but mog and gst is just hell. When your char is maxed in passives, culti, skills, sky lvl, nuema and i have nothing else to do but get r9 and glyph's or G17 and can't get ddh squads or up because i'm not r9, there's nothing to do, whats the point...

Wish i had some idea's on how to make r9 easier for f2p but still profitable for the company, i guess its just one big catch 22
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    i have played since 2009, i quit for 3 years, came back when i got an email about neverfall.
    i decided i need r9 or may aswell quit again, i sold all the **** i'd hoarded over the many years, got a 400m strong cat for merching, but the rise in price of MoG and GST since and the cruel timing of repeatedly having Mog and keys sales at same time is just.... 1 step closer, two steps back... i'll probably quit again soon.... I've got the 4,860 supply tokens i need for summerwinds for 2nd cast, the molds, badges, eoo and eod for 3rd. but mog and gst is just hell. When your char is maxed in passives, culti, skills, sky lvl, nuema and i have nothing else to do but get r9 and glyph's or G17 and can't get ddh squads or up because i'm not r9, there's nothing to do, whats the point...

Wish i had some idea's on how to make r9 easier for f2p but still profitable for the company, i guess its just one big catch 22

Try to buy gold from ah. MOG are in sale from time to time. Then is 40 m a piece. Same for gst buy chips for gold from AH. But buying 50 gold from AH can take 3/4 weeks
  • dregenfox
    Options
    kokoot wrote: »

Try to buy gold from ah. MOG are in sale from time to time. Then is 40 m a piece. Same for gst buy chips for gold from AH. But buying 50 gold from AH can take 3/4 weeks

Ideally people should be holding as much of their coins in the form of gold as possible, but yeah this is pretty hard at this point due to the AH cap. On the bright side though people who buy zen are more powerful than ever right now and on DA can command prices as high as 8.5m/gold.

If you think about it, MoG's are actually cheaper than ever now for cash shoppers - they cost only 8 gold per medal right now if you bypass the AH and sell the gold for 8m per.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    I think a big problem is that PWI let ppl spend a lot of money to be powerful. This ruins/diminishes a lot of the game play for all non cash shop, non pwi lifers.

I believe PWI should not have any (non cosmetic)gear that is not farmable in cash shop or packs.

(When anniversary packs came out you could farm cube necks, you could farm scroll of tome, you could farm oht boots, you could oht helm, you could farm FC weapons, you could farm lunar weapons. However I guess you could not farm primevil and savant stones)

For instance when UCH came out, you need to cash shop to get the S packs. I believe that was a bad move on the part of PWI.

On servers now days you have pyschis with rebirth nuema portal one shotting everything, so it makes a very bad player experience for the average joe trying to do pvp content.
    m5arXCN.png
  • cefre
    cefre Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    I wish for g16 update. Anyway I'm r9r3 well refined but hell... difference between g16 vs r9r3 is like tt90 vs Nirvana2. G16 armors really needs an update to get casual players back to frontline
  • dregenfox
    edited October 2017
    Options
    cefre wrote: »
    I wish for g16 update. Anyway I'm r9r3 well refined but hell... difference between g16 vs r9r3 is like tt90 vs Nirvana2. G16 armors really needs an update to get casual players back to frontline

China is done with G16. That is a dead gear line that will never be touched.

Your best option right now is to switch to reborn R8 gear. Seems unfair to force players to re-farm a set just to remain future-viable but that's the path PWI seems to be taking lately. Hopefully PWI will put in an option for players to transfer refines/shards from G16 cheaply.

There's also a chance it may receive further upgrade paths in the future because the version is still officially supported by China. Possibly an upgrade from R10?

• stephshannon
    Options

i've been trying to buy gold on AH since april, on dawnglory gold is permanently at cap and has 5k plus waiting to buy, it expires every single time.
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options

i've been trying to buy gold on AH since april, on dawnglory gold is permanently at cap and has 5k plus waiting to buy, it expires every single time.
    Well you have to try. Last three weeks i bought like 15 gold and everythig else expired.
  • cefre
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

Your best option right now is to switch to reborn R8 gear. Seems unfair to force players to re-farm a set just to remain future-viable but that's the path PWI seems to be taking lately. Hopefully PWI will put in an option for players to transfer refines/shards from G16 cheaply.

There's also a chance it may receive further upgrade paths in the future because the version is still officially supported by China. Possibly an upgrade from R10?

I can't imagine anyone who farmed QSM for r8rrrr...
    That's the biggest pain in @nus ever
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options

I know someone from my server who farms QSM daily tiger-37.gif Idk how they manage to stay sane though
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options

I know someone from my server who farms QSM daily tiger-37.gif Idk how they manage to stay sane though
    ​​

QSM was the best dungeon in game for awhile, and the most challenging. It is a unique dungeon that allows classes to actually show their skills and skillsets, and not be a mindless clone, or damage bot. It also had some appreciably cool bosses.
    m5arXCN.png
  • cefre
    Options
    That's true, but u need to put too much effort into that instance for relative low reward... even doing the mbh is doesn't worth to do if QSM
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    prancing wrote: »

QSM was the best dungeon in game for awhile, and the most challenging. It is a unique dungeon that allows classes to actually show their skills and skillsets, and not be a mindless clone, or damage bot. It also had some appreciably cool bosses.

I first started doing QSM when they introduced it as a MBH instance. I won't lie, it is pretty fun. However, I stopped doing it because of its lack of popularity, making it hard to put a squad together most of the time. Without a good squad it can take pretty long to complete and as someone who's not interested in r8rr, the rewards are not encouraging at all :(
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • luckycut
    luckycut Posts: 46 Arc User
    Options
    Talk of the old days a fairly even mix of cash shoppers an farmers. 2011 2012 that slowly changed the farmers realized they couldn t compete with someone sinking large amounts of money into the game or had nothing better to do but farm all day for game coin. It was fun back then a lot of people good tw's an prices haven t gone thur the roof yet. PWi still has it's problems its call a random system of drops. they can assign a value to it but random drop is a mathematical equation that simulates random cause a computer can not generate a truly random system but thats pwi profit.

Today the game is no where near as populated as it once was. Many reasons for this some Pwi some just real life. This game even thou it is open to the general public is really a private game now the few that still play an find enjoyment in this game. most of us have 1 2 or more chars at end game. A new player to the game is a rare sight.

What can pwi do about it. Most likely not a thing.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    play the game before commenting mogs is 40m
    https://pwcats.info/etherblade/28350
    it is 50m for like 2 months now.
    gst is now like
    15m - 30m
    https://pwcats.info/twilighttemple/28641
    refresh it daily.

with the lack of coins that people get from fs.
    people made money using this lucky coins, tokens, gst and mogs.
    merchanting and now.... every necessary items is overpriced like double and triple.
    kinda good move... for pwi.

https://pwcats.info/twilighttemple/12979
    30k teleacoustic. even better. normal people can't use tele now.

btw you can use character simulator
    and see the difference on just.
    r8 vs g16 = g16 better
    based on just mostly atklevels and def levels they give.

g16 vs r9 = r9 better.
    well u will see the clear difference on 2nd cast r9... on 1st cast r9 it will be better than g16 when its atleast +5 refine.
    15k def from g16 light armor vs 30k def from 3rd cast light armor. what will you choose?
    btw g16 heavy armor have 30k def no primal passive.

u wanna go r8? nah if you are an alt is good but if you wanna somehow survive on xnw with people with 5th cast.
    you need refined g16 and max primal passive.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    The major problem is that there have been several hundreds of people in CN and even here that have abused everything that is farmable for easy coins for hundred/thousand of characters and CNs way of fixing this is to take that income away for those abusers.

DH is seured for now, as many people have already stated, because I have already bought hundreds of level 4 glyphs for 15-18m and a 400k LC price is 16m (at best) for a lvl4 glyph..so nothing changes there at all. Prices for those glyphs already went down because ppl knew the change was coming, yeah, but it's still ok. It will only shortly get an additional influx to max 500k per LC when some hardcore CSer decide they wanna get a lvl8+ glyph or something like that since LC are vastly more available than glyphs. that will happen, for sure, or maybe it won't. You never know.

I also fully expected ppl to buy arigora coins for 200k+ by now to get their recasted rings/robes..but nope. No one is buying that at all. Not in the slightest. That is pretty surprising, but I dunno how it is like on the other server. In a quite similar fashion..people could also ignore the glyphs cause even at 200k LC price...getting anything above level 7 in terms of glyph is ridiculously expensive for very little gain. I think LC prices will stay at around 300k for a very long time and 12m per lvl4 glyph is still better than nothing.

If anyone in DA wants to buy Arigora coins, I can sell upto 6k on the basic mats and 4k for the 1800 point range of mats for 200k ea coin.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    The major problem is that there have been several hundreds of people in CN and even here that have abused everything that is farmable for easy coins for hundred/thousand of characters and CNs way of fixing this is to take that income away for those abusers.

DH is seured for now, as many people have already stated, because I have already bought hundreds of level 4 glyphs for 15-18m and a 400k LC price is 16m (at best) for a lvl4 glyph..so nothing changes there at all. Prices for those glyphs already went down because ppl knew the change was coming, yeah, but it's still ok. It will only shortly get an additional influx to max 500k per LC when some hardcore CSer decide they wanna get a lvl8+ glyph or something like that since LC are vastly more available than glyphs. that will happen, for sure, or maybe it won't. You never know.

I also fully expected ppl to buy arigora coins for 200k+ by now to get their recasted rings/robes..but nope. No one is buying that at all. Not in the slightest. That is pretty surprising, but I dunno how it is like on the other server. In a quite similar fashion..people could also ignore the glyphs cause even at 200k LC price...getting anything above level 7 in terms of glyph is ridiculously expensive for very little gain. I think LC prices will stay at around 300k for a very long time and 12m per lvl4 glyph is still better than nothing.

If anyone in DA wants to buy Arigora coins, I can sell upto 6k on the basic mats and 4k for the 1800 point range of mats for 200k ea coin.

If i am correct , you also need the relevant score to actually recast (like crown of apex needs 1600 score). So even if people buy the 1800 mats from you, they cant use it unless they got the score. That leads us back to the idiotic crafting restriction....
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

If i am correct , you also need the relevant score to actually recast (like crown of apex needs 1600 score). So even if people buy the 1800 mats from you, they cant use it unless they got the score. That leads us back to the idiotic crafting restriction....

Welp, that kinda sucks xDDD No wonder no one is buying that stuff...well at least I can sell those SoD for 150k+ :DD
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    [/quote]

That's the biggest pain in @nus ever[/quote]

I farmed r8rr for my veno and will potentially have one of the best sets in the game. I do have issues finding squads to farm so im working on alts. If I can get all the rolls i want i will end at 67% pdmg reduction. Im sitting on 45% atm. It's like a perma def charm that is always active.

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Options
    I don't think we're always gonna be like this.

Between PWCN's reveal of PW mobile(PWM?) and the almost confirmed rumors of a new game engine for PW2(our game's Chinese counterpart), we're almost certainly going to get more advertising and marketing when everything comes out domestically. We'll probably see a huge rise in new and returning players. Whether that will solve the reed though is anyone's guess. Might make things worse for all we know. But I see it as a chance for the community to mold the future of this game's social and economic state.

But for now, I don't expect anything to get better. Let's just try to get along somehow. =(
  • stephshannon
    Options
    so i did as suggested and ploughed my coins into AH, all expired with the exception of 13 gold... 13 gold, that has actually cost me 12m coins each considering all the fee's of the expired gold..... yeah, thanks for that
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Options
    Wut? I bought like 450 gold from AH over the last 12 days...analyze buying/selling behaviour and plant your gold with a strategy.

I won't say more cause if more ppl try to buy gold my chances dwindle down again and I don't really want it. To be fair I gave that bit of an advice, it's easy to figure out, really.
  • stephshannon
    Options
    and you're on dawnglory server?