Arigora Colosseum – Season 1Question

Options
alyan
alyan Posts: 15 Arc User
Well, making a post not entirely sure if anyone has asked on forums about this yet, but is there anyway to know what ranking your team in 3v3 has for the rewards? If so, how would you be able to view this? Or are GM's constantly calculating the score and giving the rankings to the teams as they go?

Comments

• wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    Seconding this, I'm curious to know as well!
  • alyan
    Options
    Bump, if anyone knows please comment!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The regular weekly rewards? You need to at least absolve 10 fights. After that your weekly Arigora coin reward will be displayed in the Arena-Squad-Menu.

If you don't do at least 10 fights you get nothing. Only 3v3 or 6v6, personal Queue gives you nothing by default.
  • alyan
    Options
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10613044-arigora-colosseum-–-season-1-announcement!
    This is what I meant specifically, is there any way to know what ranking your team will have or are GM's checking this at the end of the season?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    My bet is that only the final Score will matter. Why not? Your max score is kept from week to week so It's save to assume that only this will matter. DW, if you have 1600 or more you are getting a price 100% because there are not that many ppl actually doing 3v3 right now.
  • alyan
    Options
    Yeah, was definitely thinking the same thing about not many people having either the score of 1600+ and not doing 3v3's as much, so of course now I'm glad we both had similar thought on this wasn't too sure so had to ask and see if anyone else knew anything or had an opinion on this matter.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They really need to multiply the arigora coin reward because of the low participation. They should handle it like they did with NW but instead of making the map smaller and increasing the rewards pot they should increase the rewards pot and decrease the requirements to craft the materials.

Needing 2200 rating just to craft a mat is ridiculous and it is extremely hard to get that high with such low participation.
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    I know that I would participate if there wasn't a restriction on crafting mats.

I can deal with getting fewer coins per week if eventually I could make the higher gears but as it stands it doesn't matter how many coins you get if you don't have a high enough rating. Why bother doing this if you have ZERO chance of being able to make certain mats.

If this restriction is removed a lot more people would participate.
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe this gear isn't meant to be available for everyone on 4th and 5th recast. No matter how you look at it, colosseum isn't fair at all and its most certainly tailored towards endgame players who was in dire need to have something to show off. Owning a pice of gear is so much more appealing when you know that youre one of the 0.01% that can get it while the rest can't.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    I already wrote about the crafting issue, but it got widely ignored:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1207609/colloseum-here-is-what-you-need-to-do

Resetting the score was a idiotic move. Average squads will NEVER be able to craft anything useful.
    A average squad get one shot left right and center, due to new score gap of 400 ( before 200).
    People loose interest even to participate-> less people doing it->less points to distribute

Its not about the amount of coins you earn per week, its about actually to be able to craft anything.
    OP squads already have the advantage of earning big amount of coins compared to the average players.

SO, remove or lower drastically the crafting restriction.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I agree, the crafting restriction is stupid, like someone said, I don't mind less coins either if I can actually USE those coins.

Right now, the only way i can see we can go around this, would be to know someone with 2200, make your coins tradable, give them to him, he crafts the tradable mat and gives you back.

Problems with this:
    1. Find someone with 2.2k nice enough to do this for free.
    2. You already need an absurd amount of arigora coins to get stuff, 150.000 for the G17r5 cape IF you already have WoA, and then you'd need 4 times that amount, so, 600.000 for the cape if you're letting someone else craft (because, 2 tradable arigora coins = 1 arigora coin, so, you'd need to give him 300.000 for the mats, but then, if he makes tradable mats, that consumes double the coins again, so, 600.000)
    3. Not really sure that even if you have tradable mats you can craft the item, so, you'd still need the score anyways...

Arigora is stupidly designed, the amount of rewards is stupidly low and the restriction makes it all the worse.
    Sure, give more coins to people who win more/are stronger, I don't care about that, but when I can't even craft anything with my little coins... yeah... Just the weekly should give 1000, 100 is nothing when you need 150k :| even if you're an OP squad, and pull idk, 2k coins weekly, that's 75 weeks... 75/4 = 18.75 months = 1.56 years IF you do it every week and IF you're stupidly OP, for a damn cape, how stupid is that :| don't forget you still need the ring aswell.

Inb4 arigora coin pack x 100 in the boutique for 500 bajillion gold or something <3

Mr. Justice
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    @nbreaking the coins itself cant be made tradeable, so that isnt even an option either... -shrugs-
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    I don't mind the gear. G17 weapons are for ppl that do an absurd amount of PvE (or pay), Arigora gear is for ppl that do an absurd amount of PvP (or pay). Seems fine to me... I'm just happy they are trying to make more different aspects of the game rewarding, in their own unique ways. Needless to say they are doing it all wrong and it's not balanced towards our playerbase, but the same goes for almost everything else in this game.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @nbreaking the coins itself cant be made tradeable, so that isnt even an option either... -shrugs-

I was told you could, never even checked, but thanks.
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I don't mind the gear. G17 weapons are for ppl that do an absurd amount of PvE (or pay), Arigora gear is for ppl that do an absurd amount of PvP (or pay). Seems fine to me... I'm just happy they are trying to make more different aspects of the game rewarding, in their own unique ways. Needless to say they are doing it all wrong and it's not balanced towards our playerbase, but the same goes for almost everything else in this game.

Thing is, yeah, with G17 weapon either do a lot of UP (and even if you do it everyday it will take years) or pay.
    With G17 gear though, even if you do an absurd amount of the arena, doesn't mean you're good enough to get the stuff, and that's the issue, you can't pay for it either, either you're a top dog or you aren't.

Mr. Justice
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Options
    Adding a "shiny arigora coin" would solve these issues and create a new market to incetivise people to do it more. Granted it's still an absurd grind it makes it that much easier.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • scruncy
    Options
    Fact is that in order to make the arena fun, it needs people who are doing it.
    But people wont do it if the reward they get, cant be used for anything by them.
    They maybe could slowly climb up the ladder over time, but then the next reset will just erase all the progress.

So, whats the point of doing it in the first place?
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    But people wont do it if the reward they get, cant be used for anything by them.
    They maybe could slowly climb up the ladder over time, but then the next reset will just erase all the progress.

PWI top-end gears have always been extremely restrictive when first released. It's almost guaranteed that there will be CS/spend rewards related to arigora coins, as well as more sources. Possibly even as soon as black friday/christmas sales, though I'd bank more on G17r3-5 becoming meta.

Lvl 7 glyphs will also eventually be obtainable via CS/spending, and rank restrictions will also likely be lifted. That's just how PWI works.
  • scruncy
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

PWI top-end gears have always been extremely restrictive when first released. It's almost guaranteed that there will be CS/spend rewards related to arigora coins, as well as more sources. Possibly even as soon as black friday/christmas sales, though I'd bank more on G17r3-5 becoming meta.

Lvl 7 glyphs will also eventually be obtainable via CS/spending, and rank restrictions will also likely be lifted. That's just how PWI works.

Nobody complains about the amount of coins. Its the crafting restriction. Now tell me, how good would be a sale for coins if nobody can craft anything from it?
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

Nobody complains about the amount of coins. Its the crafting restriction. Now tell me, how good would be a sale for coins if nobody can craft anything from it?

The rank restrictions are in there to promote people spending extra money to power up and get that rank. Once all the whales with super-high gear get their exclusive rank 2000+ gears, PWI will open up the gears to be obtained by the rest of the population by relaxing rank requirements. This kind of cycle has been in here for so long that not planning for it is dumb.

You can save a lot of money planning ahead for this cycle. It's one of the main reasons why my character has always been a little above average in terms of gearing, but never at the very top. I remember on my server people like Nurfed/Banzzok/Urdian who were crazy dominant in pvp after spending $6000+ all at once, but had nothing left for further upgrades when gear continued to progress.

I actually only recently reached AEU rb1 despite having the money to go full RB2, and now we can get 3.4 A chests/day in the current update, which will very quickly get me to RB2 for almost 0 investment except for the time spent farming jfsp once per day (consider all the people that farmed alt dfsp for hours every day trying to finish their RB2 sets a couple months early).

I've barely farmed UP because I know it will only get easier and easier (now I just save the keys up for a week and cash in the weekly quest for a ton of mats + a chance at free zenith skulls).

So yeah the point here is...be patient, and keep saving up your coins casually. Play for the enjoyment of the game - the coins are just a bonus. Start farming when it actually becomes worth the time/money spent. They will eventually give you a means to both earn and cash in those coins easily, once all the whales have paid off the development costs for the expansion.