[9th Anniversary] PWI Memories of PWI

124»

Comments

• serenwynna
    serenwynna Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Viridescence - Twilight Temple

My favourite memory is probably the first few months I played, around 2008/2009.

I migrated to PWI with my guild from another MMO. We all started together on Lost City and bribed someone to make us a faction because we couldn't work out how. For the first week or so we were like headless chickens. We'd group up for quests and wipe over and over again, because we hadn't thought to make a cleric or a barb. Healers and tanks were useless in the game we moved from, so it didn't really even cross our minds - we were all squishy wizards and venos.

Once it dawned on us, I drew the short straw and had to reroll from veno to cleric, while our leader made a barb. As expected, it went much better after that, and we got the hang of things. The feeling of achievement when we cleared our first instance without wiping (much) was incredible - though I hated being the cleric and my constant grumbling about it became a long standing inside joke.

Once we had levelled and geared up a bit, we started a rivalry with several other small factions and became a well-oiled pvp machine! ...Until several of us dropped items and realised that was a thing that could happen. After that we chickened out and hid in safe zones, and eventually moved over to Sanctuary PvE to join separate guilds - though we still played together for a long while after that.

Nowadays I'm the last of us left playing - and I still main cleric :D . I've held on to lead of our small faction on my first character from back then, and I'll occasionally play her for the nostalgia.

I don't have any screenshots from back then, but here's one of the cleric I made when we moved to Sanctuary, probably around 2010.

PtkpOdO.jpg
  • serenwynna
    serenwynna Posts: 14 Arc User
    Viridescence - Twilight Temple

My favourite memory is probably the first few months I played, around 2008/2009.

I migrated to PWI with my guild from another MMO. We all started together on Lost City and bribed someone to make us a faction because we couldn't work out how. For the first week or so we were like headless chickens. We'd group up for quests and wipe over and over again, because we hadn't thought to make a cleric or a barb. Healers and tanks were useless in the game we moved from, so it didn't really even cross our minds - we were all squishy wizards and venos.

Once it dawned on us, I drew the short straw and had to reroll from veno to cleric, while our leader made a barb. As expected, it went much better after that, and we got the hang of things. The feeling of achievement when we cleared our first instance without wiping (much) was incredible - though I hated being the cleric and my constant grumbling about it became a long standing inside joke.

Once we had levelled and geared up a bit, we started a rivalry with several other small factions and became a well-oiled pvp machine! ...Until several of us dropped items and realised that was a thing that could happen. After that we chickened out and hid in safe zones, eventually moving over to Sanctuary PvE and joining separate guilds - though we still played together for a long while after that.

Nowadays I'm the last of us left playing - and I still main cleric :D . I've held on to lead of our small faction on my first character from back then, and I'll occasionally log her for the nostalgia.

I don't have any screenshots from 2008/2009, but here's one of the cleric I made when we moved to Sanctuary, probably around 2010.

PtkpOdO.jpg
  • skylowfun
    skylowfun Posts: 2 Arc User
    i remember when noone in my guild bought gold and someone neded help getting something for their toon and we would either run massive ammounts of tt runs, or go out in droves all over the map and dig stuff to get the coin to buy what that person needed, or the best way to make money was assult on arch. event and we would have a full squad outside of each gate and just pull mob to the cleric bb and have a seeker with the vortex up just slaying everything. Man thoes were such god times, and man have they changed.
  • dejenn
    dejenn Posts: 1 Arc User
    perfectworld was the first online game i ever tried,before it was disk games.well not understanding the difference between pvp and pve servers i chosse a pvp server back in oct.2008(um i think it was lostcity,well any way getting to lvl 30 was easy enough but getting past the gates of Arch was damn near impossible,alot of pvp players would position themselves outside Arch and lvl30 quest areas just waiting for us noobs to work on our quest and kill us and when we respawn well when we left the protected area they kill us again. needless to say i ending up quiting the game for a few months untill i learned the difference,now i am on a pve server (everblade,due to the merge, but i do remember things, like only 3 races(human,elven,and untamed, remember when u could hyper in an instance and the first snowmen in Arch. i remember the only daily that existed was faction quest and when enrage had the whole territory map covered,so many memories but the best was learning the difference between pve and pvp, now i am a daily player with a total of 7 toons.
  • schnubbelpuh
    schnubbelpuh Posts: 34 Arc User
    zEMwhMK.png
    The best Fashion for Girls <3
  • viviane19
    viviane19 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    When lvling were easy!
    Oracle Server before PW even became international!

Open your mind, let it **** you in kind :-)
  • dennicoolpwms
    dennicoolpwms Posts: 9 Arc User
    There is so much when talking about memories on Perfect World...
    Starting of from the Beginning: I started Perfect World on Oracle Server, long before it came over to EU as PWI. Until I left the Game for PW-MS, I only managed to get to about Level 60, I knew nothing about TT (by that time it was still called HH) and most of the time I played casually on my own - RL had way more to focus on... Then everything changed and (i dunno how I came to play on MS, it's been a long time ago...) I started out on PW with the Multilanguage Version in it's very early stages. I still remember Quest Logs broken, with nothing to read and just click forward or NPC speaking in letters that were not even on my keyboard. But with every update it kept getting better.
    Then after about half a Year of playing on MS, must be middle 2008 or something, I came in contact with some (I'd really say that and it still gives me a warm feeling about the game) of the nicest people ever to meet in an MMO. Somewhere around level 40 - I have always been playing a mage and still do - I joined one of the best Guilds on Wodan Server. I still remember endless PK Session and hard fought TWs, lots of flaming and arguing, a laughter here and a tear there. I always had the feeling that when I log in, with my Guild and my fellow players, that there was really a whole new world and in it a whole second family waiting for fun and action. I still know how happy everybody was about their newly crafted lvl60 HH Weap, their 70s and 80s HH armor, the blood, the sweat and the time that was needed to get all these things... The Server grew bigger, friends and foes went on and right before the server was closed I had to change a lot of stuff in RL. As we all knew a lot of time before that the server would close, most fellow players started out on PWI - me too and I levelled a new Mage (Wizard) to about LVL 40 on Dreamweaver, when Wodan Server closed, I really felt lost as the ppl I appreciated and loved were scattered around on the many PWI Servers... I quit PWI, let my Mage take a rest... and not even knowing that I had the account anymore I logged in about one month ago - Aug. 2017...
    A lot of things have changed in Perfect World in the last 7 Years of my absence. I don't see many ppl questing, I don't see many ppl doing FBs (we did them even with the 19 lvl ppl to get XP to lvl up - Bounty Hunter is one of the last daylies I know from MS). I got out my old scripts to see what I would need to get my 60s TT Weapon and what I would need to craft the follow-ups - and after hours of research I realised, that I even don't need to care about anymore - the times when TT Gear was "Endgame" are over... Guilds even seem just to recruit ppl above LVL100...
    So now I am back and lvling for fun on my own, LVL 73 atm, Gear from LVL29 to LVL60 XDXDXD and planning to set out for new friends some time :-)
    Just realised that Dawnglory Server is back again - c u all around sometime :-)
    MDeNnIcOoLS 105 RB2 R9R3 Wizard Dawnglory - M7 Director
    ~Carpe Diem!~
  • goinffre
    goinffre Posts: 1 Arc User
    pwi is forever a chess game,so cool so relax so fun with their people so happy, for me see you ty pwi and all the faction,this picture when 3 cleric are here to a tw :)original.jpg?1500562781
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have a lot of good memories, i've been playing since 2008. I would have to say one of the best recent memories that still makes me laugh today. Would be when DomiGod senpai trolled me.
    During the GM event, everyone spammed asking for ridiculous free stuff in worldchat, i joined in for a good laugh and didn't expect this response.

3dUZnf4.jpg?1

• iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Server: TwilightTemple
    IGN: MalenaNorthway
    Class: Assassin
    Order: Shroud
    LVL: 102,101,100
    Guild:Honesty

When a g16 nub like me tries to JOIN UP/FSJ/DH squad.
    https://imgur.com/a/pqnlG
    friendly.....
    so much for me trying to join squad when im a nub.
    i blocked ur name don't worry.
  • rangesword
    rangesword Posts: 7 Arc User
    I was excited when pwi came out with the nightshade race adding two new classes to play. I was already playing a seeker and was trying to decide if it was worth it to start a SB as it would take forever to level, catch up on boundry, meridian ect.

I finally made the decision to focus on the SB during a particularly fun NW.

Now i am so glad I did as i am enjoying the SB class so much.
  • pwi877
    pwi877 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I remember when the tideborn just came out I was playing a wiz at the time and I was reading the skill description of BP and I was thinking 2%. Really just 2% that was kind of lame I won't be rolling a sin.

How wrong was I. I made one during the aps rage and farmed TT. When we were allowed to multi client I sent my sin and herc veno together and farmed 3-1. Good times. Back when farming was a viable way of making lots of coins.
  • dianaria
    dianaria Posts: 5 Arc User
    OMG! My favorite memory was being one of the first players of PWI when it officially went live online. My main has been looking like this since day one all except for her outfit. I'm definitely way past due for a makeover. Geez, I'm old folks now. :)
    20fpxlj.jpg

To Perfect World International and All Of It's Fantastic Players

16by3bq.jpg
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    I started playing a long time ago, about 2 weeks after game was released. I remember when the only way to find where a group of mobs were located was to look it up on pwdatabase as there was no auto path to tell us. The jump quest used to give tradeable bronze charms which was amazing.

One of the hardest instances that I completed was FB 19 with only 1 barb and 5 venos all level19. We didn't have a cleric as there were none around. When it came to the last boss we had to just rotate our crystaline magmites as they would take 1 or two hits before they would die. We would all be rezing/summoning our pets hoping that one of the 5 of us would could keep the boss agroed and not reset. We managed to do it and it felt like an accomplishment. We were all equiped in quest 2* gear or blue 1*gear. I remember the FB19 wep being a huge boost in wep dmg.

Alass a lot of my friends from back then don't play anymore for a variety of reasons but you just make new friends as there seems to still be a lot of people on the servers. Not as many as there used to be but still enough. I still play my veno although it has kind of stopped its gear progression at g16+10.
  • ebulldog
    ebulldog Posts: 3 Arc User
    https://imgur.com/gallery/VLJe9
    I've played this game since I was 8. My character, still my main to this day, has existed since 2008. Time flies, but memories don't go anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.