How to make money on new update?

Options
13»

Comments

• geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    How are star chart items a coin sink? Unless you can buy them with coins. Last i checked the only way to "buy" them was with gold, either your gold or someone else's gold.

You can farm them through temple or gamble for them through transmutation. Transmutation is kind of a small coin sink as it is not as useful once you use up your years worth of accumulated junk.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    nub29#0863 wrote: »
    try to buy keys @ 1b .
    eventually you will get about 8-10 foils with ur 1b
    assuming its 400m . u get 4b = win. even if its 200 is still a win.
    99% of the time. people who open packs already got the item for the foils so its easier for them to finish it.

WE ALREADY HAVE A LOT OF COIN SINKS.
    Homestead? r9? r9 2nd cast? r9 3rd cast? r9 nw cast?
    ridiculous 20m citrine, ridiculous 50m drakeflame, josd 250m or so,
    3m for lunar? charms when u do UP. repair for ur r9 armors and weap.
    war avatar catalyst

and now
    starchart items = coin sink.. . really. 11m for astropira pearl lvl 3 . if its not a coin sink what is?
    for a measly 0.01 add on starchart. WORTH it right?

cash shopper coins dont sink.
    thats y they have big foils on their inventory. wish it drops on pk . idk. i havent seen 1 drop yet. hahaha

as if a 25 jolly will make you rich wtf. if it did im already rich coz i have 35 jolly @ the moment. not gonna increase them.
    try to login these within 30 mins. you will see the dread of jolly.
    nub29#0863 wrote: »
    btw in order to not stay away from the topic.
    the current fastest money maker is the changeling haspon (wrong spelling right?)
    currently i didnt find anyway for g16 squad to kill this fast.
    but r9 people can nuke this. as long as they don't buy their way out of this. literally.
    While I agree with you that too much is in the hands of too few, please educate yourself on what a coin sink is. Paying 50mil for a Drakeflame is not a coin sink because it does not remove coins from the game - you're just giving them to another player for your item. It would be a coin sink if an NPC sold you that Drakeflame for 50mil, but not a player. Charms, Citrines, JOSDs, War Avatar Catalysts, and Star Chart mats are also not coin sinks.

Homestead, Lunar, and gear repairs however, are coin sinks because they take money from you and do not give it to another player - that money is just gone. See the difference?

Aside from that, we're talking differences of scale here. Your average newbie is not going to be concerned with R9 and PVP (not immediately, anyway), and actually a number of endgame people aren't thinking of those considerations either. If I had 35 Jones accounts (which I don't, and I know they don't enforce that anymore, but way to admit your own breach of that rule... seriously, gg), that's over 5.5mil per day just for logging them in, which would suit my needs quite nicely because - and this is the key - I'm not trying to buy JOSDs.

JOSDs, for all intents and purposes, are luxury items. Sure, you could argue they're "necessary" in PVP, but high-level PVP itself has been a P2W luxury in this game for at least seven years, so that's nothing new. If 35 Jones alts generating 5.5mil+ per day isn't enough for your needs, then I don't know what to tell you. You already have way more than most of the people who have been hit hardest by the FSP nerf.

I'm not personally familiar with the Hapson quest, actually. I hear it gives you six Lv2 glyphs - is that the main earner you're talking about?
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • ealdorman
    ealdorman Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's a lack of understanding of what a coin sink is. A coin sink isn't some one holding on to a large amount of coin. It's something that removes coin from the game.

The homestead system was a good coin sink until people either maxed out their homestead or stopped bothering with it. That's why prices dropped after the homestead update.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    If I had 35 Jones accounts (which I don't, and I know they don't enforce that anymore, but way to admit your own breach of that rule... seriously, gg), that's over 5.5mil per day just for logging them in, which would suit my needs quite nicely because - and this is the key ...

Threads from banned accounts are deleted. I myself saw such thread and asked player, banned by IP with multiple accounts, how many relatives he has really ... he said that each of them has their own account ...

And my opinion for this thread:
    according definition of the Free-To-Play game not all items are free for all players.

So, someone must pay for items from cash shop.

Coin sinks, gold caps and other events are not excluding cash shop from the Free-To-Play game.

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    ealdorman wrote: »
    It's a lack of understanding of what a coin sink is. A coin sink isn't some one holding on to a large amount of coin. It's something that removes coin from the game.

The homestead system was a good coin sink until people either maxed out their homestead or stopped bothering with it. That's why prices dropped after the homestead update.
    Homestead is actually quite an obnoxious coin sink and will remain that way for the forseeable future. The prices you pay to the system to expand your land is frankly ludicrous. And while that part could be considered a luxury, the maintenance costs and building upgrade fees are certainly not. It's extremely hard to make any money off of HS unless you're a very shrewd contractor and do more dailies than you'd probably like for the things you sell. Other than that, most people just leave their HS to rot after getting their skills.
    magicsabre wrote: »
    And my opinion for this thread:
    according definition of the Free-To-Play game not all items are free for all players.

So, someone must pay for items from cash shop.

Coin sinks, gold caps and other events are not excluding cash shop from the Free-To-Play game.
    While you have accurately described the free-to-play game mechanics in general, please read more of the thread. We have already established that F2P and cash shoppers are both necessary for the long-term health of the game. The problem is that F2P coin making methods are drying up and have been doing so for years. Sooner or later no one's going to be able to buy the gold that cashers pay for.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • bratva#8121
    bratva#8121 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    Well well well, been rolling through this forum for awhile now.

Finally found a thread that showed that there are still a lot of old players that do care about new players, like me.

Just new players letter to all of you, whoever you are that willing to read.

FYI lately there was a lot of new players coming to PWI, they came in 10, 20 or 30 ppl in a week.
    they were from my "local country server" PW that.. hmm closed for.. ever. So sad about it but.. well, it happens.

so we're moving on.

there are about 50-60 guilds(factions) moving around all the PW region to find which one to fit in and to play with.
    dont know if u guys realized there was an increasing amount of new players coming lately but.. for me(personally) this one is just fine.(CONTINUE READING :))

Realizing that we leveled fast from 1-60ish and given stuff freely, you know like charms and teleport stone etc. And after some days passed, we realized that we got no ways to farm, so glad that finally found this thread. For bunch of people that JUST STARTED from scratch in this version of PW.

Those all faction's member of my old PW region server are about to make a move from this PW just because we have been thinking like :

"how the hell we gotta compete with those R999 while all of old player just dont care about us."
    "see the wc, all fsj just want to nuke, oh hell, look at the tele's cost, oh boy we cant get some enough help once these free tele are used.",
    "Come on, no one willing to help ? even with those hundreds of r999 players?"
    "waaaw learning skills are free now.. oh wait, these demon/sage skills costs coins, with 3 jollies, only 1 skill per 1 week, ****!!"

Well you've read all of those, i know few of people keeps helping, we know the limits though.
    but again, can u imagine ? from scratch to even G16 ? when you cant even get TTs ? cant even farm coins??? when the low level mobs drops under 200 coins ??? JOLLIIESS DUUUDE!!! DO JOLLIESSS they said.

We were playing this from we were kids, we would do that in that time, but now ? really ? in a brand new PW (bcs we're moving here) we still needed to do those things?

Aren't more players to PVP with are better? Aren't more noobs means that you can actually more useful like you wanted back in the day?
    Aren't if you help new people to step up higher means that we got interesting PVP future ?
    dont you think that way? or you just wanted us to quit? so u could play with whoever you played with the whole time?

Thats it for now, Just hoping that all the players be kind and helpful. We know you all strong. well, our server just closed, you want these one too?? hope not.
    Just make these one better please, to the devs, gms, players, lowbies, whoever you are.

thank you.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well well well, been rolling through this forum for awhile now.

Finally found a thread that showed that there are still a lot of old players that do care about new players, like me.

Just new players letter to all of you, whoever you are that willing to read.

FYI lately there was a lot of new players coming to PWI, they came in 10, 20 or 30 ppl in a week.
    they were from my "local country server" PW that.. hmm closed for.. ever. So sad about it but.. well, it happens.

so we're moving on.

there are about 50-60 guilds(factions) moving around all the PW region to find which one to fit in and to play with.
    dont know if u guys realized there was an increasing amount of new players coming lately but.. for me(personally) this one is just fine.(CONTINUE READING :))

Realizing that we leveled fast from 1-60ish and given stuff freely, you know like charms and teleport stone etc. And after some days passed, we realized that we got no ways to farm, so glad that finally found this thread. For bunch of people that JUST STARTED from scratch in this version of PW.

Those all faction's member of my old PW region server are about to make a move from this PW just because we have been thinking like :

"how the hell we gotta compete with those R999 while all of old player just dont care about us."
    "see the wc, all fsj just want to nuke, oh hell, look at the tele's cost, oh boy we cant get some enough help once these free tele are used.",
    "Come on, no one willing to help ? even with those hundreds of r999 players?"
    "waaaw learning skills are free now.. oh wait, these demon/sage skills costs coins, with 3 jollies, only 1 skill per 1 week, ****!!"

Well you've read all of those, i know few of people keeps helping, we know the limits though.
    but again, can u imagine ? from scratch to even G16 ? when you cant even get TTs ? cant even farm coins??? when the low level mobs drops under 200 coins ??? JOLLIIESS DUUUDE!!! DO JOLLIESSS they said.

We were playing this from we were kids, we would do that in that time, but now ? really ? in a brand new PW (bcs we're moving here) we still needed to do those things?

Aren't more players to PVP with are better? Aren't more noobs means that you can actually more useful like you wanted back in the day?
    Aren't if you help new people to step up higher means that we got interesting PVP future ?
    dont you think that way? or you just wanted us to quit? so u could play with whoever you played with the whole time?

Thats it for now, Just hoping that all the players be kind and helpful. We know you all strong. well, our server just closed, you want these one too?? hope not.
    Just make these one better please, to the devs, gms, players, lowbies, whoever you are.

thank you.

This game does not need f2p-only players and they are largely ignored by the endgame population. The exceptions are the ones who have been playing for 5+ years and farmed their gears before the p2w conversion.

Here's the state pwi is currently in:

All sources of gear are derived from the cash shop or endgame instances. The minimum gear required for this is G16 gears, but r9 is strongly preferred unless you're a utility/debuffing class like cleric/BM/veno/etc.

There is currently a massive gap between fresh lvl 100's and endgame instance-capable characters. The vast majority of players quit the game during this period.

The only viable solution currently for a pure newbie is to cash shop all the way to base R9 gears and +15 refines, or to roll a needed class like veno/SB/seeker that don't depend on gears to be useful to the party.

The "starter" packs are extremely out of tune with what is actually required to access the majority of relevant content in this game and the only use is to bypass the "f2p" portion of the game, ie leveling and vitae farming.

That's basically it. You're not going to farm your way to a semi endgame-capable character. You're very unlikely to be able to merchant your way there as well because of the AH cap and a sluggish economy. If you want to play the US version of Perfect World be prepared to spend cash. That's just how it is here.

PS* I do want to end with a positive note though - if you ARE able to reach semi-endgame status with R9, you do kind of become part of the "haves" in the fact that you can start farming for endgame fairly sustainably, as long as you put in the time. Players in PWI can farm the endgame instances faster than any other version in the world, which means the top end of PWI has some very high-geared people who didn't necessarily spend as much as the gear would hint. It's a good feeling, which I think is part of the reason why some people are willing to invest thousands of dollars to get to that semi-endgame point.
    Post edited by dregenfox on
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options
    when nub like me tries to join UP and FSJ

https://imgur.com/a/pqnlG

there is something wrong with this game. ... ty pwi.

forming one is a pain. we didn't even get to finish it. when i just let random people (i dont look for gears)to join my squad.
    now i have a trauma trying to form one.
    i spend 500k on tele. 26k per tele now. so........
    thats it for me trying to form one.
    i dont have the money to spend 500k each time and not finish it.

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options

forming one is a pain. we didn't even get to finish it. when i just let random people (i dont look for gears)to join my squad.

I've been with g16 toons inside jfsp several times, be it nuke or not.
    What is your refine level on those daggers? If the sin is your main, maybe investing on a few more levels will help you get inside.

But yes, I do agree with you. Getting into a party with g16 gear for that instance is really hard, because 99% of the people are "NUKE OR NOTHING!", and will whine like there's no tomorrow if a boss doesn't go down in less than 5 seconds.

And they generally won't listen to "I got other ways to survive/deal damage other than gear stats"
  • dregenfox
    edited September 2017
    Options

Like I said the endgame farming is extremely gear based...if you want to get into most nuke parties you need R9 minimum...this is especially true for a sin since they are one of the main damage dealers....

When you just form a DUP with random people like you tried to do without gears it will fail most of the time.

This is a gear/cash based game and there's really only so much we can do to help if you aren't willing to spend the money/time to gear up to R9.
  • srgtwolf
    srgtwolf Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    I cant believe that i just read through 3 pages on this topic. There have been many threads over the last couple years with this question in mind.

While this game has a F2P mantra, it is heavily driven by the P2W mentality, considering the fact that the majority of the accounts are many years old. Personally, my main account is 6-7 years old, and only 2 years ago went for the r9rr. Sadly, i did not Farm it, as by that time, many of the coin generators for the F2P players were already buried by the developers. I remember when i was working hard to hit lvl 100+ on my main (a cleric) so that i could farm the spiders in the northwest corner (near FC), only to have the NPCs nerfed on drop prices shortly after i reached that goal.

This was stated earlier in the posts here, but a new character from scratch has less than a 50% chance After level 60 to make it to "acceptable endgame status" (g16+8). I personally have tried to make new toons of different classes i was interested in, with no help from my main. After lvl 60, i couldnt survive without that assistance.

There is no longer any support structure for f2p players above that level. sure, u could make 20-35 jolly jones farmers, but that would take a significant amount of time just to log in all of them daily.

I used to enjoy pwi, but since the changes that have been implemented that kill all of a f2p players options to make decent coin in today's over-inflated markets to be even semi-competetive, I have sadly lost interest in this game, and havent played in months.

If you want to make decent coin these days, you are forced to spend real money, or get lucky finding some way to start merching. otherwise its best to use your time elsewhere instead of this dying game.

3d2b5516f8bc0c207a2fa0ebb3c9e6db.jpg
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Options

IDK what server you are on but there are lots of squad that take g16/TS3 people for FSJ, UP and even DHD on Tideswell. I know I joined one of each out of world chat today, never was asked about my gear. Maybe you shouldn't ask about it then they won't know what your gear is and if you can stay alive and dd they won't care. People that say "Link your weapon." get trolled right out of wc on this server because that's just so 2010.

• ailiadrake
    Options

IDK what server you are on but there are lots of squad that take g16/TS3 people for FSJ, UP and even DHD on Tideswell. I know I joined one of each out of world chat today, never was asked about my gear. Maybe you shouldn't ask about it then they won't know what your gear is and if you can stay alive and dd they won't care. People that say "Link your weapon." get trolled right out of wc on this server because that's just so 2010.

Dawnglory has a habit to say "link weapon" when calling for party. Sometimes you get also a "sorry, need dd" when I link my r9 +10 weapon only because I'm a venomancer.
    Seriously... a r9+10 venomancer can't be a dd? Am I missing something here?
  • dregenfox
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ailiadrake wrote: »

Dawnglory has a habit to say "link weapon" when calling for party. Sometimes you get also a "sorry, need dd" when I link my r9 +10 weapon only because I'm a venomancer.
    Seriously... a r9+10 venomancer can't be a dd? Am I missing something here?

Well its true you don't even really need DD's to nuke JFSP...but people look at the 10-20 million hits sins/wizards/DB''s can pull off and consider anything else useless.

Mystics can do consistently do 7m+ nukes due to lucky break giving 100% crit (have done 15m w/ SB ult even), barbs can easily do 10m+ with arma combos (have seen 20m with sb ults) or even just zerk crits. But they're both looked at as healer/tank. IDK about veno DD but I'm sure a R9 +12 veno can pull off decent numbers since I've nuked easily with a 6 veno group before...they just don't match the massive numbers Sins/DB's can put out in pve.

That might change once caster classes start getting G17r4+ zerks, but that's still far away, even with the month of double drops.

Also for the record I still see top-geared clerics regularly pull off aggro from everyone else during extended nuke durations, so their DPS with glyphs is quite impressive as well now.
  • ailiadrake
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

Mystics can do consistently do 7m+ nukes due to lucky break giving 100% crit (have done 15m w/ SB ult even), barbs can easily do 10m+ with arma combos (have seen 20m with sb ults) or even just zerk crits. But they're both looked at as healer/tank. IDK about veno DD but I'm sure a R9 +12 veno can pull off decent numbers since I've nuked easily with a 6 veno group before...they just don't match the massive numbers Sins/DB's can put out in pve.

That might change once caster classes start getting G17r4+ zerks, but that's still far away, even with the month of double drops.

Also for the record I still see top-geared clerics regularly pull off aggro from everyone else during extended nuke durations, so their DPS with glyphs is quite impressive as well now.

I can see your point there. A veno might not be the best of dds, but to spend so much time to find a specific class when you could still have finished the instance in a shorter time only because you want to nuke everything in 3 seconds is... stupid.
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    If u have an HS u can make dull jaggered irons with 5 sigils of nightbloom which sell around 1-1.3m depending the server u r in.