Changeling Commander Haspon

coinsrus
coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I would like to know if someone can tell me what is required to get the kill?

Did it a few times already and sometimes the kill simply doesnt count, for reasons I cant explain.

I succeeded 1 time to get the quest done last week, after a few tries, having the same problem.
And now this week I'm trying again and again and cant seem to get it.

At first I had a few theories like:
-Wasnt close enough to the boss when he died.
-Another squad got the kill.
-Didnt "Deal damage from within 50 meters of Commander Haspon to be eligible to get a corrupted soul".

But now I just did for the second time today and I cant get the Corrupted Soul.
First time was not certain if I was in range when he died, so I tried again.

And, as a sin, I litteraly was melee DDing him at the moment of his death.
Only one squad was fighting it.
Everyone in the squad got the kill.
I had the quest.
But I didnt get the Corrupted Soul.

Is there something I'm missing?
Some kind of a glitch?

Comments

• sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    If you died right before the boss was killed even if you where in range the kill won't count because it resets your "merit". That's what I was told by a factionmate. Not sure if that's true though.
  • coinsrus
    edited September 2017
    If you died right before the boss was killed even if you where in range the kill won't count because it resets your "merit". That's what I was told by a factionmate. Not sure if that's true though.

Didnt die once on last try

A few times on the other tries (so I cannot be sure of these times if I was in range or not when he died, or if I had hit before he died)
  • sensualsoul
    Yeah I tried him 2x and the first time I did die but hit him a few times but didn't get the quest, the 2nd time I did not die and had hit him a lot was hitting him when he was killed by a squad mat but didn't get the quest again. So I'm not sure what the heck you got to do to finish it. I do know the other squad there the 2nd time got all the drops so maybe that's it. But then you said that wasn't the case with you. Maybe a glitch?
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I really don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a glitch.
    Yesterday in my party most people got the drop, but a few didn't (one of them even said that it was the second time that day that he got no quest item drop DESPITE being next to boss and being alive when it got killed), and I'm sure that dying or hitting boss more than once during the battle has no impact (I hit boss only a few times and died more than once, but still got my drop).
  • nub29#0863
    nub29#0863 Posts: 16 New User
    Don't bother with this. r9 people already camping this. .
    if you are one of the campers gl to ur life
  • ailiadrake
    Actually, in Dawnglory it's not camped THAT much. Half the time I go there I manage to get into a party right away even with my g16 cleric.
    The other half I reply to wc calls when I feel like doing it.

Quest is weekly after all, and drops aren't that interesting that people would obsess over the boss every time it spawn.
  • coinsrus
    edited September 2017
    Same here on Tideswell.

Was crowded the first day, first 3-4 spawns.

But now, theres rarely more than 1 squad on it.
    I just tag along with the squad fighting it.

With a spawn every 2h (or every hour?) it is a bit hard to camp that boss during 4 days anyway...
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    I did it 3x before I got credit for the kill and on the 3rd time I had a Ying Yang Twin Stone in my inventory you get from the reward for The Darkness Of Magnier quest. After I saw the rewards, I didn't do it again. Really not impressed with the rewards and I don't have the time.
  • ailiadrake
    coinsrus wrote: »
    Same here on Tideswell.

Was crowded the first day, first 3-4 spawns.

But now, theres rarely more than 1 squad on it.
    I just tag along with the squad fighting it.

With a spawn every 2h (or every hour?) it is a bit hard to camp that boss during 4 days anyway...

It spawn every hour, from 15.00 to 23.00 (I think), for 4 days a week, so yeah. very hard to camp.
    I did it 3x before I got credit for the kill and on the 3rd time I had a Ying Yang Twin Stone in my inventory you get from the reward for The Darkness Of Magnier quest. After I saw the rewards, I didn't do it again. Really not impressed with the rewards and I don't have the time.

Maybe rewards aren't great, but for those that have problems finding a party for Dawnlight Hall because of less than OP gear, it's a good chance to get some decent glyphs other than doing the only daily that gives them.

Because of Hapson's weekly quest and some saved squire badges, I was able to get 2 level 4 glyphs (and I was lazy about it) for my g16 cleric.

As for the Yin Yang stone, that is something I had no problems with either. I always got the boss drop even without that stone in the bag.
  • coinsrus
    edited September 2017
    I think the rewards are nice for the little amount of time involved...
    If the credit wasnt somehow "glitched?" it would be better though.

As for ying yang stone on my end, sometimes i have it, sometimes i dont, when i dont I still get the corrupted soul and go do Magnier Daily after.
  • nub29#0863
    same 2 people who said the same about FS coins. ... i see a pattern here.
    people who dont really play comments in here. and says stuff that is not even true.
    btw FS coins dont even go over 100k in Twilight Temple. if you see one buying it @ 200k tell me.

if its not camped y is it always dead?
    even though its weekly you can still do this with just 2 r9 people and alts on ur squad.
    Glyph level 4 in Twilight Temple is currently priced 20-30m .....
    they can repeat the same process with almost like 5- 8 mins and poof they are finish.
    20m ++ in 8 mins. lol
    u do the math.

dont just troll comment here. prolly play the game for once.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    Honestly, though I don't like the boss, I like the concept of this event. It appeals to various players in that it spans and spawns multiple times daily. Drop rewards aren't so phenomenal that I've seen squads hoarding it when they don't have to kill it for the weekly quest, but the drops and weekly rewards are good enough to warrant doing it. 6 level 2 glyphs and some drop runes seem good to me. Boy do those haka's hurt though
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    nub29#0863 wrote: »
    people who dont really play comments in here. and says stuff that is not even true.
    btw FS coins dont even go over 100k in Twilight Temple. if you see one buying it @ 200k tell me.

even though its weekly you can still do this with just 2 r9 people and alts on ur squad.
    they can repeat the same process with almost like 5- 8 mins and poof they are finish.
    20m ++ in 8 mins. lol
    u do the math.

Actually I play actively. I don't know about your server, but on Etherblade most people form squads for it on WC, sometimes it's hard to even find people to do it, that's how unpopular it is among those "OP" R9 people. Maybe there are things much more profitable to farm than a boss with almost 100mil HP that **** you in every possible way, your charms included. And on top of that, with the risk of not even getting the kill.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • nub29#0863
    you want video proof? how easy that boss is? hahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb9FqsUg-fE&t=315s
    pls don't troll in here. this is a legitimate discussion.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    You're the only troll here. I'm just stating things from my point of view, which obviously doesn't have to reflect yours. If you think the boss is easy, good for you, go ahead and solo it for your alts. But I haven't seen anyone do that yet on my server. And the boss is definitely not camped. Sometimes it stays there for a good amount of time before it's killed. The only contribution you've had so far to this "legitimate discussion" is basically telling people to forget about this boss cause it's "camped" and not doable by non-R9s.

Also, a question to the people affected, did any of you have your quest lists and/or inventories full? It's probably very unlikely, but every bit of info helps the GMs pinpoint what the problem is.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

I'll go ahead and ask the devs for clarification on this quest, as there seems to be some players who can not complete this properly while others have been able to. Even in our testing docs, they don't really say what the game "sees" as completed.

I'll come back to this thread when I have a solid answer from the devs!
  • coinsrus
    edited September 2017

20m ++ in 8 mins. lol
    u do the math.

My guess is you were trying on the days he's not even spawned tbh...

On maybe 7-8 tries I missed it once and it was on the first day.

As for the "2 r9 can take it"

I see like 50 deaths total on a 10man squad...I can hardly imagine how 2 people can take it (even though its probably possible, I dont squad with them lol)

And definitly impossible to keep your alts alive anywhere near that boss.

You should really try and do it before saying anything.

Also, a question to the people affected, did any of you have your quest lists and/or inventories full? It's probably very unlikely, but every bit of info helps the GMs pinpoint what the problem is.
    ​​

My questlist and inventory werent full.
    15 available spots in Questlist and 10~ish spots free in inventory.
    But good idea to check on that.

Hello!

I'll go ahead and ask the devs for clarification on this quest, as there seems to be some players who can not complete this properly while others have been able to. Even in our testing docs, they don't really say what the game "sees" as completed.

Thank you :)
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Every time I've done it only the squad that does enough damage to own the drops gets the credit. It spawns often enough that everyone can get credit eventually but I don't see a reason why it can't spawn more frequently. Maybe they should open it up to different days?​​
  • sensualsoul
    Hello!

Ty I'll keep an eye on this thread for you answer to our problem with this.
  • nub29#0863
    edited September 2017
    lol. i tried this with full 10 g16 people. the damage is not enough :) and it takes a very long time then r9 people keeps coming. we eventually had to split the squad into 2 and fill the halves with the r9 of my friends.
    if ur alts just need to stay alive.....
    they can stay alive. ... please try it first before posting it.
    i would have posted a video of me taking this boss full g16 but it will take a long time to render a 45 mins to 1-hr of video. so no. its not worth the effort to show trolls how to do this boss.
    @coinsrus
    only r9 people that dies in here are trolls who bought their way to r9.
    or only got a bad ping.
    people who knows how to play their toon won't die in here miserably (you will still die ofc if you dont have money for charms that is)(r9 only)

that's Y i said MORE GAMING than CASH-SHOPPING SO YOU KNOW how to use ur toons well.

i still see r9 people fail @ up @ fsj, even fsd (good lord)

btw you will still die on this boss.... its up to you whether you will die miserably or not.
    and
    currently this boss is currently the fastest farming in pwi right now.
    if you watched the video i linked. there are only 4 people damaging (well it was 2 the first half then 2 joined in) that boss in that video it was
    the bm only used the free charms (event gold charms) to stay alive on it. bm didn't really die on the video.
    watch the 8 min video .

gift to trolls
    you can nuke this boss 4-5 mins. try it. before posting in here.
    i wouldn't post in here if i didn't do it myself. :wink:

*its not camped. that's y same people is selling level 4 glyphs on tt. hahaha.*
  • coinsrus
    edited September 2017

I dont see what your whining and crying like a 3 yr old has to do with the subject, wich is:
    Trying to figure out what credits the kill.

And not "complaining our pms out ignoring all basic logic"

The quest is Weekly, and you just said "r9 are farming it"
    Now you think r9 afforded 4b on their gear with the 10m weekly they can get on that quest?
    And so they are camping it to make sure you dont do the same?

Because farming DH all day long on a x2 drops month isnt anywhere near profitable I guess?
    That COULDNT BE the reason how they get lvl 4 glyphs these days.

Thanks for sharing your paranoiac concerns.
    You can walk away now.
    Post edited by coinsrus on
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Every time I've done it only the squad that does enough damage to own the drops gets the credit. It spawns often enough that everyone can get credit eventually but I don't see a reason why it can't spawn more frequently. Maybe they should open it up to different days?​​

Pretty much this but in theory it should ould works like the octopus. It shouldn't matter if you're in squad or not to get the quest done.
  • ailiadrake
    lol. i tried this with full 10 g16 people. the damage is not enough :) and it takes a very long time then r9 people keeps coming. we eventually had to split the squad into 2 and fill the halves with the r9 of my friends.
    if ur alts just need to stay alive.....
    they can stay alive. ... please try it first before posting it.
    i would have posted a video of me taking this boss full g16 but it will take a long time to render a 45 mins to 1-hr of video. so no. its not worth the effort to show trolls how to do this boss.
    @coinsrus
    only r9 people that dies in here are trolls who bought their way to r9.
    or only got a bad ping.
    people who knows how to play their toon won't die in here miserably (you will still die ofc if you dont have money for charms that is)(r9 only)

that's Y i said MORE GAMING than CASH-SHOPPING SO YOU KNOW how to use ur toons well.

i still see r9 people fail @ up @ fsj, even fsd (good lord)

btw you will still die on this boss.... its up to you whether you will die miserably or not.
    and
    currently this boss is currently the fastest farming in pwi right now.
    if you watched the video i linked. there are only 4 people damaging (well it was 2 the first half then 2 joined in) that boss in that video it was
    the bm only used the free charms (event gold charms) to stay alive on it. bm didn't really die on the video.
    watch the 8 min video .

gift to trolls
    you can nuke this boss 4-5 mins. try it. before posting in here.
    i wouldn't post in here if i didn't do it myself. :wink:

*its not camped. that's y same people is selling level 4 glyphs on tt. hahaha.*

/RANT ON

Ok, you're starting to insult people here. And it bothers me.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but you either keep it to yourself or learn how to let it out without having to spew insult every sentence.
    I know people that farmed their own r9 and shards and refines that STILL get killed at the boss because there's so damn much going on while fighting it. I'm one of those people, and I rely on event charm because the poor cleric of the party (make it even two sometimes) is too busy ressing and healing the tanks to bother with supporting dds. Also, random parties have a tendency to not have a clear strategy like guild parties, so most of the times it's all about "do your part and hope the others do theirs till the boss is killed". In some parties, this was so prominent, that people had to instruct others to "forget the boss and deals with mobs".

You think the boss is easy? Good for you. You think it's not entertaining/challenging enough to do? Go do something else. You think rewards are not good enough? Go farm Dawnlight Hall. But for the love of cookies, don't come here to whine about that when this topic is clearly about "why sometimes you don't get the quest item".

And no. It's not the fastest farming. The quest that gives you the glyph is weekly, and you get more glyphs from daily DH even when it's not 2x.

Oh yes. "Nuke" means that you kill boss within 5-10 seconds of the first attack. Taking 4-5 minutes is NOT nuking. Even nuking the last % of boss's hp is not really nuking as per actual definition (but called so for lack of better term).

Oh, last thing. A party of g16 with good refines, shards, passives, cards and star chard (and whatever else there is) CAN take the boss. Just take some time and some skills. After all, China designed this boss with their own gear in mind, and over there, r9 is a rare thing from what I last heard. We're the ones that rely so much on OP r9ners and can't do a thing without them (without taking away anything from most of the r9ners. I know some people that bought their r9 and are kind, helpful and have patience with the less geared people)

(I probably dug my own grave with this, but I had to let it out. Apologies for those that are interested in the actual topic rather than the drama some people have decided to throw in)

/RANT OVER

As for the actual topic, thank you Kalyst, for taking the time to check this out. It's annoying when you do what the quest requires you to do, but get nothing after the boss is dead (sometimes even two or three times in a row).
    I enjoy the boss. It's a nice challenge that doesn't require you to go through a whole instance to get the final reward, and this possible bug is bothersome.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I love this boss it is so much fun compared to the nuke easy stupid mechanics of others. I do this boss on two toons weekly, with only one having op damage and I do well. I just constantly 3rd spark as much as I can to avoid horses and do damage. I've never not gotten it and I died a few times maybe there is truth to the whole damage merit aspect. I know some friends who planned to 2 person it and have a squad of 8 Alts stand in the corner in range to farm glyphs but if the Alts don't do enough damage then don't get it? If that's how it works then it's not a bad system otherwise ppl just farm it for Alts is quite rediculous. I've done it with 3 ppl and know others who have done it with even two ppl.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nub29#0863
    only 3-4 squad (well u can argue the numbers but still the same coz same people. literally just different toon. ) does UP everyday on Twilight Temple (maybe 10 or more on BH day idk maybe).
    and even less on DHD/J . Echo and Vindi does this on their faction everyday.
    and LOGIC says DH is much more tedious. im online 24/7 coz pwi is my life. i have toon on the both main faction on twilight temple. Echo and Vindi. so i know how much DH forming is happening.
    pwi changed UP and DH. its much faster than before... but what is the downside? Few Bosses = Few Drops?
    simple logic enough for you? its x2 now so idk maybe its the same as before maybe not (its few if you compare DH before they nerfed it). i've stopped doing dh when i got my set glyphs.
    So i will tell you Y they are there.
    Every Farm-able Dungeon/Instance in PWI has been nerfed (except WS still the same.). even with x2 on its almost like it didn't happen(well u can argue with me ).
    well u can argue with me all day. or you just try it. when it spawn. idk
    logic stops when people starts flaming instead of trying.

well logic kinda stopped when pwi forced people to buy starchart items no? well even when pwi forced people to technically get r9 and 99% of people dont know how to play their toons.
    dont blame me if 2 r9 people who knows what they are doing are better than nub r9 10 man squad that failed.
    coz r9 people can deal 20m easily. if they can't deal millions easily. this boss wont be having 100m hp.
  • ailiadrake
    Sigh. Again. Farming DH every day is more profitable than the weekly neverfall boss quest.

Weekly NF boss quest = 6 level 2 glyphs
    1 level 2 glyph is 2 level 1 glyph + 1 of base, which makes it 3
    3 x 6 = 18

Now, do not tell me that in a single DH run, even after being nerfed and during normal times, someone doesn't get at least 10 glyphs.
    10 glyphs for 7 days is 70 level 1 glyphs, which should be quite enough to beat the 6 level 2 glyphs of the weekly.
    But let's nerf it even more. 3 glyphs at day out of DH.

Ops. Sorry. You get one glyph more than the weekly.

Oh. Wait. You stopped farming DH. No wonder you consider the NF boss more profitable!

As for finding a party for the NF boss, those r9 with the alt army will eventually end, or will forget, or will stop when they realize their alts are happy with the glyphs they have. Well, it's a good thing that in Dawnglory, this doesn't happen. The longest I had to wait for a party, was two hours.

Also, I seriously don't give a half baked cookie if you're in a big faction. Show you how much of a "higher-and-mightier-than-thou" attitude you are showing in this thread.

And don't get me started on the supposed "PWI forcing people to buy chart stuff". Dude, it's your choice to buy them. You can live fine even with a 15 aptitude chart and the AEU A card set. Ops. Sorry. Big factions require you to be at the very top with your gear, passives and whatever else there is.

But again, I don't give a half baked cookie about that.

(for the record, you're the one that came in here to start all this. We were perfectly happy about talking the issue of the weekly NF quest before you came along)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    For the people struggling with the boss

1. Each phase spawns 4 lines of horses, one from each compass point. (Meaning if a wave came from west, there won't be a second wave from west until the next phase) After these 4 lines have spawned you have a moment of rest before the next phase starts, use this time to triple spark/DD.
    2. During the moment of rest the boss PMs someone and spawns a pool below the player that will 1shot if you dont move out, you're given plenty of time though.
    3. The Haka uses a red box-like skill to damage you, which is also the only thing that actually does damage. You can stun Haka when they use it, which will cancel the skill entirely. AoE down the smaller adds before focussing on the Haka, since they mana drain you and restrict your mobility.
    4. Don't hit the boss when there's a Haka up. 1 Haka is easy to deal with, 2-3 gets a lot more annoying.
    5. Don't hit the swords when there's a Haka up. Kill priority is Baby Adds -> Haka -> Swords -> Boss.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    For the people struggling with the boss

1. Each phase spawns 4 lines of horses, one from each compass point. (Meaning if a wave came from west, there won't be a second wave from west until the next phase) After these 4 lines have spawned you have a moment of rest before the next phase starts, use this time to triple spark/DD.
    2. During the moment of rest the boss PMs someone and spawns a pool below the player that will 1shot if you dont move out, you're given plenty of time though.
    3. The Haka uses a red box-like skill to damage you, which is also the only thing that actually does damage. You can stun Haka when they use it, which will cancel the skill entirely. AoE down the smaller adds before focussing on the Haka, since they mana drain you and restrict your mobility.
    4. Don't hit the boss when there's a Haka up. 1 Haka is easy to deal with, 2-3 gets a lot more annoying.
    5. Don't hit the swords when there's a Haka up. Kill priority is Baby Adds -> Haka -> Swords -> Boss.
    Do we know if the haka damage is pure physical or has an elemental affinity?
    It seems to be a percentage based on total HP so it shouldn't ever prove to be a 1-shot which is good and makes the boss more manageable.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I was told you cannot get a corrupted soul twice a week. Aka if you stack your weekly it wont work. I havent tested it myself yet but thought to mention it.
  • coinsrus
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I was told you cannot get a corrupted soul twice a week. Aka if you stack your weekly it wont work. I havent tested it myself yet but thought to mention it.

That would make sense in my situation.