xNW

gannon
gannon Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Dear PWI,

Fix this ****.

Sincerely,
Servers being outnumbered by 150+ people on both sides.

Suggestion: Do random allocation like normal NW. Why would you even think that SvSvSvS was even a good idea? I mean, do you really have no idea how many people actually play your game on each server?

Suggestion 2: Put a cap of 250 person limit. Also put a spirit limitation on who can enter. Less alts, more fighting, a lot more balance, and everyone has a fair chance.
Post edited by gannon on

Comments

• sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    gannon wrote: »
    Dear PWI,

Fix this ****.

Sincerely,

Suggestion: Do random allocation like normal NW. Why would you even think that SvSvSvS was even a good idea? I mean, do you really have no idea how many people actually play your game on each server?

This is PWCN's idea, not PWE's.

You could always roll toons on the top level servers, just to get better rewards in xNW.

And this is the reason I don't even bother with xNW anymore, and probably never will. A guaranteed last place finish, even with 'better rewards than NW', isn't justifiable for me.
  • gannon
    Dear PWI,

Fix this ****.

Sincerely,

This is PWCN's idea, not PWE's.

You could always roll toons on the top level servers, just to get better rewards in xNW.

And this is the reason I don't even bother with xNW anymore, and probably never will. A guaranteed last place finish, even with 'better rewards than NW', isn't justifiable for me.

I don't care who you want to point the finger at. The GMs of PWI have contact with PWCN and tailor this version of the game to our market. They short us on stuff and change stats of things all the time for our version because it wouldn't be "fair." So why ignore this atrocious event with no balance whatsoever for the servers we play on?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    if you are annoyed go to your local server NW
  • gannon
    Local server NW doesn't give out anywhere near the rewards as xNW. So by your logic 2 servers should be able to hog all the good rewards solely because they have a more active server.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    You have two local NWs. Stop QQing
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Local server NW doesn't give out anywhere near the rewards as xNW. So by your logic 2 servers should be able to hog all the good rewards solely because they have a more active server.

then you should know more people in one nation rewards for 1st nation splits to more people
  • gannon
    beast21g wrote: »

then you should know more people in one nation rewards for 1st nation splits to more people

So when a nation with less than 2x the people gets 3x the points as the smaller nations, how's the split then?
  • sarrafeline
    Nah. There's a set number of tokens.

That's divided into each nation, based on what place it got, by %. So, if all 4 nations tie, dead even, then all nations get the same number of tokens.

Then, the tokens each nation earns are divided up by how many people were in each nation. So, if it's a 4 way tie, and one nation has 100 people, and another has 200 people, the people in the first nation get twice as many tokens as the second.

The tokens are distributed based on your score. So if someone in the first nation above has a score of 10,000, and a person in the second has a score of 10,000, then the first person would get twice as many tokens as the second person.

So, technically speaking, the more people there are in NW, then you get fewer tokens per person. Add in massively OP people who get a huge score (cough, gear rating weighs the score, cough), and unless you're one of them, you get **** for rewards.

I got 600 tokens from Monday's NW, last week. I got 390 from Tuesday's. I missed xNW because I didn't give a damn. Regardless, I would have not been able to get 930 tokens from one xNW. Which is moot, because the chances of me getting to do Monday or Tuesday NW is pretty low, and I was astounded that I got to do both last week. =@______@=
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Just so I have a clear picture in my head, how much coin-wise would those 930 tokens get you? And how well geared are you for NW?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    PWCN does not have the different time zones like PWI.

Xnw is a question of who gets who on the map. if you get next to Da it's gonna be hard due to the fact it's that servers time Zone. Et also has a lot of eu players as it was one of the first servers. Well HT got merged.

Mixing the servers would need a recode of the system. Granted it's in the system already... But xnw is its own system. Also this is not an issue for PWCN so unlikely to happen.

You be 2 n 3 and Et will be last again at some point. Mostly Da will come out on top due to timezone.

Something we are just gonna have to putup with for having this event at this time.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Why do ppl still complain on winning or losing xNW? It stops making difference when you leave the server. You can even ignore the scores and the winners (it's what I do ;)) Find good battles for yourself/your team, have fun, done. Does it matter who keeps winning? There are no seasons, no special rewards for server which wins all the time, just tokens. They have more ppl and thus more tokens, their server is their own macrocosm, you have nothing to do with it, their economy doesn't affect your wellbeing. If you like their overall situation more, then probably it's really better to roll a toon on DA and enjoy.

I'm on the losing side usually, but I'm glad xNW is back pig-40.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    Why do ppl still complain on winning or losing xNW? It stops making difference when you leave the server. You can even ignore the scores and the winners (it's what I do ;)) Find good battles for yourself/your team, have fun, done. Does it matter who keeps winning? There are no seasons, no special rewards for server which wins all the time, just tokens. They have more ppl and thus more tokens, their server is their own macrocosm, you have nothing to do with it, their economy doesn't affect your wellbeing. If you like their overall situation more, then probably it's really better to roll a toon on DA and enjoy.

I'm on the losing side usually, but I'm glad xNW is back pig-40.gif

This. Personally I go to xNW to have good battles and to have fun. Once you stop caring about your servers ranking its much more fun. tiger-1.gif​​
  • sarrafeline
    Just so I have a clear picture in my head, how much coin-wise would those 930 tokens get you? And how well geared are you for NW?

My Veno is R999, but only weapon is refined. Also missing the belt. Refines are +5, temporary Cit Gem sharding.

As for coins? No idea. I generally don't turn Supply Tokens into coins. Instead, I'm working on getting the NW ring for my Barb (R999 as well, but all +10/+11/+12, Deity stones, and 829 str).

930 tokens might get you a few mill, you'd have to either make Raps, cannies, or SoW and sell them. Not a very good market to compete in, as everyone and their dog is selling those atm.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    To be honest I'm waiting on all the servers to come together in xNW and set up 1v1's in the middle battles.

Since 3v3 and 6v6 are the same 8-10 squads over and over.

I'm from twilight temple and I have alot more fun with being outnumbered, it allows for more variety of players attacking you and more squad and server coordination is needed for us to pull a W.

I'm in NW for fun PvP idc much about winning or losing.
  • sarrafeline
    I like going in a squad, and supporting other people. Had 3 R999 archers with me tonight fighting a really tanky Seeker. Leader was saying how purge wouldn't proc... I ran in, kittened the seeker, purged, amped, and he died in like 2 sec, to the intense amusement of my fac mates. That's why I play. That, and I need to get Tokens for a few more upgrades (NW ring on my Barb, and NW Neck for my Veno).
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I get into xNW, find a battle that we 'might' win, fly around (i can't kill those OP R9R3+12 G17's) and search for the next battle. I can't even be bothered to even try to go for a kill. If they were to outnumber us 4v1(they're not far off i'd say) i'd just go in without gear or charms and afk the whole dam crapshoot. Cause that's what it seems to me. Free tokens just to fly around ? I'm game.

Truth be told, when you see someone 'OP' from your servers top fac getting killed within 3 seconds...you know you don't even have to try. Not with the numbers they show up with.

p.s. : and while i'm on a US server, it's in my timezone.
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    How difficult is it for someone with g16 or mostly unrefined/unsocketed r9r3 to get tokens in xNW these days anyways?
  • nunuator
    edited September 2017
    @nightmare201
    Well as a vit stone full China R9 seeker on twilight temple I pulled 600 tokens with about 21k contribution...

A G16 sin from Dawnglory pulled 1k tokens with 15k or less contribution.

It really depends on your server currently if you are in dawnglory or etherblade it's an easy token farm. However if you are on twilight temple or tideswell it seems like the lower players are receiving 300ish tokens which isn't to bad.

If you are farming nw for coins... It's too late to do so. If you are farming it for r9 ring and or making NW rings/necks to sell it's easily farmed in 1 xNW.

If you are looking to make cannies/raps or seal of wars to sell it's not worth it unfortunately with this game economy you have to invest 600mill+ to pull out 300-400mill profit.

xNW is for fun the token part is just a bonus. If you are farming xNW for tokens you are not truly enjoying the idea of xNW.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    " If you are farming xNW for tokens you are not truly enjoying the idea of xNW."

I enjoy NW's, at least the ones i can go to, because i know i have a reasonnable 'balanced' fight in most cases. Tokens are a bonus value.

I do not enjoy xNW because of the total imbalance of the server(s). Getting **** 3 to 1 isn't my idea of 'fun'. For me xnw is all about the tokens, not the pvp at all. And tokens are for gear, not selling, that time has long past.
  • nunuator
    So let me get this right you don't enjoy xNW but still go to it to farm gear....

Player logic at its finest. I want 1.5k tokens per xNW so I can have "fun", 2 many people per server wah. I don't like it but I still play it and support the idea.

Lets say they do put in players being assigned to random nation's upon entry.(highly unlikely seeing a tidal rework took 2 years) Next thing is gonna be which nation got Genesisa since "it's unbalanced". It's not fair 2 many nuema portal in 1 nation.

My entire point is if you're not having fun in a game and you are legitimately farming for better gear in something that you don't have fun in. What's the point the better gear is not going to change the fact that you are getting steamrolled by 150+ people advantage on you.

And all cause the minority does not like it don't ruin it for the majority of players. If you don't like it suck it up and go to your server v server NW (there's 2 of em). The last time this issue was brought up PW decided it was better to shut down the xNW since it would stop the players from crying. No matter what you do someone one way or another is going to find a way to be pissed at it.