PWCN Expansion Release : PvP Discussion

2»

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Joe, I typed a wall of text and it dissapeared idk why, but since you have already answered, I won't retype it xd

1. CC alone doesn't kill. You need to dd. If you do 2k normally to a AA class or seeker with insane def lvls, you won't be able to bypass def charms. Every 10 sec your damage will do 3 digigts. And they can also stun you, they don't stay still, they have antistuns, they can cc also, they can attack you with better damage than you attack them (veno has the lowest magic power, remember)

2. No, I haven't seen, tbh I never heard of her (him?) O.o I do believe you, I win sometimes too x) But I also can say what my opponent did wrong. When they do nothing wrong, if they are equally geared, if they cc decently it's a pain to try to bypass their defenses.

3. "tho, for extreme damage myriad needs to proc and is luck based as well" - excuse me? extreme? xD It's far from extreme sinc i think primal update. if it procs, it does x1,5 damage nowadays. Try it in calc. If you deal 2,5k, you will deal 3,5k in proc. Extreme damage, heh xD Before primal times it was truly extreme, but no longer :)

4. "because you can kill people with magic and physical damage, depending on the situation" - Kill with physical damage?
    Do you mean antinomy with 2min cd? Because foxform skills deal 300-600 points on non def charmed target. It's kinda hard to kill with it x)

5. "Evading Nova isn't easy at all" - what particularly is hard? You wait for nova, make sure it is casted (in cd for veno) and use wood immune. Easy :) Problem is they don't use nullfy before nova is casted, you see? Those noobs who do, are easy to get caught xd You use it after nova is on you (damn, I should stop revealing fox tricks now xD).
    And no, it's not always possible to interrupt, cuz of ping, even if you kill yourself by escape button :D
    If her targets all use nullify before nova is casted, I see how she wins (no offence, just kidding, but as they say, in every joke there is a part of joke, rest is truth xd). I believe she is a good veno, maybe much better than me, since i don't consider myself neither excellent nor even good. But still, veno is not the best 1v1 char if you fight against someone who is experienced enough.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @shade13 Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpEe51xpo8s

The Barb in the vid outgears her quite a bit and even on me..with increased Damage amp on Nova, increase damage when pet is out on venomous, amplify damage and Myriad she can hit even my barb for over 40k crits xDD that is not low at all..and she doesnt't have a gear advantage as well.

The problem with nullify after nova is..if you get that much damage you have to use it early..but even then, you can still get stun-locked by the pet and still die once nullify runs out.

The only way to 100% bypass Nova all the time is using Lawbreaker on a STR genie. Once you use it you can apo/trip spark/whatever you need to do to break free from it. Anticipating it is dangerous cause a mistake can kill you and using nullify too early or too late vs someone like kitashi will also get you killed xD

@catgirldesu You are correct, we should just leave the imbalance discussions for current skills be and focus on the update. I guess we have already discussed all the possibly game-breaking skills that will be released with this update. Would be nice if someone could summerize all the information in this thread to one post and then sticky it somewhere for people to see.
  • shade13
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for vid, Joe. Maybe i'll at last learn something :D
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    The problem with nullify after nova is..if you get that much damage you have to use it early..but even then, you can still get stun-locked by the pet and still die once nullify runs out.

No, fellow animal. It lasts all the time nova lasts, When it's over, nova is over too and you are with full hp and if you don't stunlock perfectly (and even tiniest gap allows to activate def charm) you next hits will go into def charms again.

Close to the topic, good use of mana drain antinomy+chaotic is on full serenity g17-5 def lvl barbs with full stack of def lvls from new blood rush on crystals or dragons. Out of desperation :D
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    @shade13 Yeah, I dunno why CN thought it would be a good idea to buff up barbs that hard but I like it xDD gonna be OP for once as well <3 Come at me sins with my own Tidal (I love to call it that but it's "just" a 60 sec faith) and 100 def lvl on top :D

But yeah, don't dismiss the killpotential of the new AA mana drain. If it's maybe a dif icon and stacks with Wizards MP drain and you time it well you can make sure that a barb doesnt have much MP left, if any, cause if mp pot would jump in after the 2nd "to 0" mp drain, wizards mp drain would maybe take it away again. Risky yeah, but as you've said..out of desperation you will have to try that. I don't think that killing serenity, NP barbs with full vit built and g17 def proc weapon will be particularly easy to kill after that update :D
  • shade13
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @shade13 Yeah, I dunno why CN thought it would be a good idea to buff up barbs that hard but I like it xDD gonna be OP for once as well <3 Come at me sins with my own Tidal (I love to call it that but it's "just" a 60 sec faith) and 100 def lvl on top :D
    I don't think that killing serenity, NP barbs with full vit built and g17 def proc weapon will be particularly easy to kill after that update :D

Wait for 100% confirmation tho. It may turn out to be warding lvls, not def lvls tiger-2.gif And also I'm almost sure CN added an extra zero to faith effect. They love zeros tiger-37.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    hawke1000 wrote: »
    aphrodita wrote: »
    joe, i beg you, can you just take vacation from the forums pls? you are garbage, kitashi is garbage, ruby is garbage and your arena team is an occult ice and ulti spamming joke. nobody wants to read your messed up personal opinions, just LEAVE these threads alone and go back to your excuse corner QQQQQ

You, sibyllin are the real Joke here, 24/7 Nuema Portal CatShop garbage. Stick to your CatShop or uninstall and **** off. ^^

~ Ruby_Inferno

wow, someone is triggered.

so where are the video uploads of our 4 1vs1s? oh right, you lost all 4 of them, hence no uploads.

Joe, kitashi and Ruby, you 3 have giant ego and attention issues. you keep uploading you victories in 1vs1, trying to pretend your "godlike status" in front of your little youtube crowd, while actually being useless and garbage in xtw/group pvp.

you dont get enough attention on our server, hence youtube and forum now. guess what, the only 3 ppl that think you guys are any good are...you guys. everyone else enjoyes free points in arena.

p.s. ruby, i might be a 24/7 catshop, but i wont use AD when a white voodoo psy hits me for 500. or i wont use my ulti and then fly up :DDDD cant wait for the video of that. OH WAIT.

pps. ruby: what are you guys doing in group pvp? are you calling targets? are you making strategies? are you trying to outplay opponents that outnumbers you in xtw? or are you sitting silently in your ts channel, going for 1vs1s? if you ever had the honor of being in my tw/xtw squad, you would know that i do all that PLUS playing my own character. its an mmorpg, a TEAM game. 80% of my effort in pvp goes into making the TEAM work, not myself looking great on youtube.

so keep your youtube bogus up and try to make other players look bad - i dont need the attention, the people that matter to me are the ones that appreciate me regardless.

ppps: just because my merchanting works much better than yours and im able to gear up multiple chars plus NP on psy, doesnt mean im afk from the game.

cya in arena bro.
  • irrumatio
    irrumatio Posts: 2 Arc User
    aphrodita wrote: »
    so where are the video uploads of our 4 1vs1s? oh right, you lost all 4 of them, hence no uploads.

Joe, kitashi and Ruby, you 3 have giant ego and attention issues. you keep uploading you victories in 1vs1, trying to pretend your "godlike status" in front of your little youtube crowd, while actually being useless and garbage in xtw/group pvp.

so keep your youtube bogus up and try to make other players look bad - i dont need the attention, the people that matter to me are the ones that appreciate me regardless.

Honestly, they really don't fight anyone good on their youtube videos lol. The best they've done is fight against over-geared people who don't play well (After joe's rant video, it is clear that they do it to shame good geared players). I don't even think they can honestly say that they fight the "best" players of Dawnglory. Never really saw a point to call them out for it though.

People should just play the game as it is intended, because most likely, our opinions here don't matter.
    In the chinese meta of mass archers and psychics, do you really think sins and duskblades stand a chance there? They're instantly nuked. Therefore, there is minimal effort to re-balance them. Just play the game and try to enjoy your time despite the "balance" issues.
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Tbh I don't think joe, ruby or kitashi are bad players. They clearly have some skill and can pull some combos, they much better than some other players I've seen. And idk anything about kitashi but joe and ruby have an attitude, a fragile ego that gets triggered by any little negative comment and are extremely biased borderline hypocritical.

They preach about fair fights but have no prob posting 3v3 videos against 1500 score teams they outgeared and heavily outscored (hakai was like 1900 at some point). Or how about kitashi beating a NP sin that was clearly garbage? is that really a 1v1 worth posting?

• jsxshadow
    edited September 2017
    @booker27 I post any video vs any squad, always.

If a squad has a better squad composition and/or better gears then idc if they have lower score lol. Beating people that have an advantage is always great, doesnt matter if I or anyone knows that they have no skill..that is the point about the videos lol. Showing people that skill can overcome alot. If we face lower geared squads with worse squad comps then the fights end as expected too, nearly instantly. Other squads with much bigger advantages than we have over squads we outgear struggle WAY more and take extremely longer to finish a fight.

All of this shows the difference between just gear and skill xD

I take any situation in consideration and compsre anything with everything xD not many go into such detail, I do cause I care xD
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    red#4565 wrote: »
    Tsunami for BMs full Str does not compensate any of the glyphs, because there are more useful skills to use in the 6 slots glyphs. For BM's full Vit can compensate to use the rune without HP restraint but still, I find a little pointless.
    It's not worth giving a glyph slot, but it does provide a glyphed version that is usable at any health amount, even if you don't give it a glyph slot. It's not the best thing but it's an improvement. Doesn't really change that it has 2 minutes cooldown.

I think BM glyphs haven't really been properly figured out yet anyway, most BMs just went the lazy route and grabbed some extra chi, but I think there might be some different ways to approach the current glyphs. I doubt the new bash will have a place in that though, but you never know I guess. I wish PWI had a... less permanent... way of playing around with that stuff. I don't want to downgrade bash only to find out that ranged bash isn't that good and being unable to switch back.