Which glyph choose for PvP Leaps

elcocot
elcocot Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Archer
All the mighty archers please share your thoughts which glyph is the best and why.

Which glyph choose for PvP Leaps 8 votes

Rune 1: 2 minute cooldown, Adds a [40% 60% 80% 100%] chance to trigger stealth
12%
herbage 1 vote
Rune 2: Cooldown reduced by [2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0]s
0%
Rune 3: Increases leap distance from 20m to [24 26 28 30]m
0%
Rune 4: Adds 5s of increased movement speed of [40% 60% 80% 100%]
12%
limitdextrin 1 vote
Rune 5: Reduces damage taken from within 8m by 99% for [2 3 4 5]s
75%
jsxshadowangellicdeityet3reaelcocotcoinsrusbestdusk#2943 6 votes

Comments

• elcocot
    elcocot Posts: 17 Arc User
    i have chosen nr. 5 but this wont help it close combat. better is maybe nr.3 with distance or nr1 with ataraxia.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    In every situation imaginable the best choice is 5. Ranged Damage reduction on a leap skill means that for the next 3 seconds after you have used the leap (20m away from where you have been) then you will survive unless you jump into another group of people which, by then, is your own fault.

All other options just don't compare.

PS: I suggest only using one leap with that glyph and not glyphing the other cause you need different skills that are alot better in general but that's just me.
  • et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    I personally use 2x argent but i think 1 argent and 1 green would be good too. Red one is garbage since if it triggers stealth u wont have leap for almost 2 minutes.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Red one is 2minutes whether it triggers stealth or not. And if you are already in stealth and trying to move around with leaps it will knock you out of stealth. Can't get any more poorly designed than that. Compare that with the wizard one that is a totally free stealth every few seconds without any glyph needed.

The movement speed one is actually not bad since it is on a movement type skill and can let you run away or chase down targets but the fact that it destroys the squad buff is again poor design.

Argent is probably the only one that is decent and has no draw backs but if you are leaping properly you usually are leaping away from damage anyway which makes a damage reducing buff a bit redundant.
    ​​