Race of the Ages

dingo488
dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
Probably the coolest event I've seen in this game yet, because for once you have to actually really earn it. I'm curious though, does PWI have any way to detect scripts/bots being used? Because if not then I can already tell you who is going to win the competition :/

Comments

• sunlightfalls
    sunlightfalls Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Cube of Fate can be run only once a day unless you happen to have a stack of those letters put back somewhere or are in luminance, if I remember right and its luminence where you can get an extra letter? Unless of course, they changed it, I havn't been inside the cube in ages.
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    those can be a slight and the run rewards would be nice
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    does PWI have any way to detect scripts/bots being used?

Just going by how many times rewards have been giving out to people cheating in the past I'll go with a no.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    its nowhere clearly stated, but i assume the char that finished the run the most times will win?
  • shaibya#9251
    shaibya#9251 Posts: 75 Arc User
    Well unless you're in another order or have the letters backsaved and just did one everyday with the badge for 30 days (say 30 days xD) then there would be a good 50+ people that would have 1st place....sooooooooooo yea....
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    BONUS

This instance drops an item called The Past of Frostcovered City

A shop will be collecting these on each server!

Was wondering where this said shop is located? Atleast on Twilight Temple server theres no shop buying the items.
    ​​
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    nene#6448 wrote: »
    BONUS

Was wondering where this said shop is located? Atleast on Twilight Temple server theres no shop buying the items.
    ​​

It starts on the 16th :) I thought the same and was getting ready to spam FC and then I re-rid the news xD
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    nene#6448 wrote: »
    BONUS

​​

It starts on the 16th :) I thought the same and was getting ready to spam FC and then I re-rid the news xD

Oh you're right! :D I just saw that the cube one starts on 1st so I assumed FCC starts on 1st too. ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    How is the cube run calculated? When does the timer start? Entering the cube? Taking the quest for first room? Is there some sort of special quest we need to take in order to qualify, which then will be tracked determining how long our run takes?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    How is the cube run calculated? When does the timer start? Entering the cube? Taking the quest for first room? Is there some sort of special quest we need to take in order to qualify, which then will be tracked determining how long our run takes?

did you even read the event? o_O

Cube of Fate Run Rules

For your runs to count, you MUST reach Room 50 at complete the quest there.
    Running the extra rooms after Room 50 will not be accounted for.
    Players whose historical level is 40+ can participate in this run!
    Placing is globally determined – there will be no individual prizing for each server.

Events not about doing it the fastest its about getting it done as many times as possible.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

did you even read the event? o_O

Cube of Fate Run Rules

For your runs to count, you MUST reach Room 50 at complete the quest there.
    Running the extra rooms after Room 50 will not be accounted for.
    Players whose historical level is 40+ can participate in this run!
    Placing is globally determined – there will be no individual prizing for each server.

Events not about doing it the fastest its about getting it done as many times as possible.

Well thats just absolutely idiotic way of doing it if thats the case. Ppl who do cube regularly for whatever reason have several days of a headstart, granted it only gets you so far. Or I should say, I got better things to do than run cube hundred(s) of times in 10 days when there is no guarantee on getting what you want. Like sure, I could make profit out of cube that way if I were to win with couple hundred runs but I really got better things to do.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k