Colloseum - here is what you need to do

scruncy
scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
Since the majority will be very unhappy with a limited to time frame of 12h daily, here are my suggestion:

From what I understood, pwi hopes that if colloseum is limited to 12h daily players will find easier match up's.
But in my opinion this will not be the case, since it actually deprives players from doing it at all due to sleep, work and school hours.
The problem is not the 24h availability, it is the low participation of players in general.
I am checking a lot of players when I do intances or standing around wait for BH npc or whatever.I find that maybe 25-30% of players are part of a colloseum squad. From those not even all do their fights on a weekly basis ( squad members got no time, on vacation or other things).
Lower geared people do not even bother with the arena. Have you ever seen G16 people doing arena?
Now why is that? For those people doing arena fights is a waste of time. They will loose 90% of the time and their score will be so low that they cannot craft anything, even if they would earn a few coins a week. There is no reward for them.
What you have to do is to make arena worth for them. Lower the crafting requierements to like 1000/1200/1400//1600
Now in this case even if you get only 100-150 coins a week you can do something with it.
This will bump up the numbers of squads which are available for fights.

Now, I can hear the people scream: omg, but everybody will abuse their alts!!!!
I tell you, so what? The amount of coins you need for the casts are so ridiculous high, it wont hurt at all if more coins come into circulation.
For the ring alone you need 144k coins ( if I calculated correct). How much coins per week a 1800-2000 score player gets? Around 1000?
This is almost 3 years of doing arena every week!!!!

So, leave the 24h, lower the score requirement = more people will do arena = more squads = easier match up

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Yeah, the 12 hour limit isn't going to work well for us. I expect it causes problems to several teams especially since many teams have worked their schedules into doing arena fights on Saturday/Sunday after xTW time.

I hope Kalyst could make China change their mind and let us have a 24h Colosseum in PWI. I'm worried this might ruin the season before it even starts. monkey-27.gif

​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Anything that is something that will affect CN's version directly (i.e. manipulating the score thresholds to craft gear within NPC's shared across all versions) is an absolute no go, unless they change it in their version to be easier, then pass it along to us.

Coins can be earned the more battles you win during the season, regardless if you rank or not. The new daily quests that will be active during the season is tracking your wins independent of scores - you can take these coins in the chest where you normally take the daily log-in items. Coin supply is only one piece of the puzzle though, since obviously bumping up the supply doesn't do anything if you don't have the score to go with it.

I'll send off a query today about Arigora and what sorts of things can be changed, but the devs will probably want much more details and feedback on the state of our version before committing to anything.
  • scruncy
    its not about the bumping up the coins.
    Its about people ignoring the content China wants as so badly to do because there is no use for the reward.
    If people win 100-150 a week but can not do anything with it, whats the point of doing it at all?

And I am sorry, but China has to understand at one point that not everything is working 1 to 1 from there to here because we do not have the same amount of people. It just doesnt work. If they want us to enjoy their content and continue playing this game they always need to adapt things for our version. There is no way around. This has to get into their head.

• zandhond
    zandhond Posts: 32 Arc User
    a timeframe to do colosseum makes only sence during the week.. when players struggle to find matches, if possible a timeframe of 2 times 2 hours during the peak activaty of both regions would be perfect.

then in the weekend the last thing to apply is a 12 hour timeframe.. ques are being done 24 hours long with the peak saturday afternoon/evening after XTW. removing those few hours where players that can ONLY que in the evening EU time will force some to quit colosseum.

so whatever you apply PWE please, dont and i request, dont make saturdays and sundays limited to 12 hours. this is the most unhealthy thing to do for colosseum. and the first sezon will be rekt before it even started. rather keep it 24h then.
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    people already abuse thier alts in arena to an extent because of the scoring system. but making it so alt battle can continue regardless of score only helps those with the alts. even in 12 hours i can que during off times to more guarantee i fight myself. right now its not so bad because one the score is different enough you will never fight your alts again. im not saying we shouldnt try to fix it. but the gaping will only increase.

and yes there are alot of us with mutliple r9 +12's
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    Anything that is something that will affect CN's version directly (i.e. manipulating the score thresholds to craft gear within NPC's shared across all versions) is an absolute no go, unless they change it in their version to be easier, then pass it along to us.

Coins can be earned the more battles you win during the season, regardless if you rank or not. The new daily quests that will be active during the season is tracking your wins independent of scores - you can take these coins in the chest where you normally take the daily log-in items. Coin supply is only one piece of the puzzle though, since obviously bumping up the supply doesn't do anything if you don't have the score to go with it.

I'll send off a query today about Arigora and what sorts of things can be changed, but the devs will probably want much more details and feedback on the state of our version before committing to anything.

hey @kalystconquerer#0876 can you tell if the arena season you going to start soon is working for personal matchmaking or its squad matchmaking ?
    and if its squad, is it for 3v3 or 6v6 or for both ?
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 did you look in to that please ?
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The whole score system has its flaws because some classes are more privileged to reach high scores than others.

Over 2k score the arcane classes die out slowly and you start seeing only light and heavy armor classes doing well. So most arcanes exept a hand full lucky ones are shafted and can't get the 5th recast ?

I mean ever since they introduced warsoul weapons and made it for normal humans impossible to ever get at the very launch of pwi i knew the devs love to put things in game that 99.9999% can never get because they think its cool but that dosnt mean i must like it. Yea sure today everyone can get a ws weapon but it got replaced by other nearly impossible to get items namely the 5th recast for colosseum stuff at some classes. Against this the g17r5 is almost easy to get.

I can already see colosseum crafting permission vouchers in chance packs dropping allowing you to craft for a higher score than you have , ofc 1 voucher per craft.... .
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    So I asked the devs about the Pairing System, Scoring and the Acquiring of Coins.

Can the pairing system restrictions be changed or removed? No
    Can the score requirements for gears be altered? Can the score gained per match be changed? No
    Are there any additional sources of these Coins outside of the quest, earning them Arigora or the Arigora Season Rewards Chest during a regular Season? Can the coin output be increased? Right now, there's no additional sources and output can not be increased.

Since these all touch upon variables that could be shared between both versions, I'm not really surprised by these answers. I will probably have to collect data and propose solutions based off that data and work with them based on our versions needs should it become a huge issue for us here.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    ty kaly, but please check the questions asked by bangbang in the other thread. some of them are really important.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    PWI need to put a sign above their work entrance saying *If it ain't broke, don't fix it*. Every time they do something to please 90% of the player base, they go and ruin it. I know CN dictates what will happen but surely someone at PWI can suggest otherwise and open a topic of debate. Or is everyone at PWI a doormat?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • saintsmoke
    saintsmoke Posts: 2 Arc User
    Really DA ppl stop qq... , you guys have xTW,xNW EU times and others servers nothing...
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    saintsmoke wrote: »
    Really DA ppl stop qq... , you guys have xTW,xNW EU times and others servers nothing...

well actually Arigora is setted on EU time, but during night.
    I dont think you have xtw or xnw after midnight right?

kaly said that all cross server events must be set in EU times, and they decided that the best time for EU is midnight.
    here comes the troll.
  • saintsmoke
    saintsmoke Posts: 2 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    saintsmoke wrote: »

well actually Arigora is setted on EU time, but during night.
    I dont think you have xtw or xnw after midnight right?

kaly said that all cross server events must be set in EU times, and they decided that the best time for EU is midnight.
    here comes the troll.

if 20:00 is midnight for you well, so you can do xtw and xNW 2:00 am EU times :P and put arigona EU times no more qq
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Arigora is on 12am till 12 pm for CET countries
    my time is not server time so for me Arigora would be 3am till 3pm

xtw doesnt make me unable to get a gear
    xnw does but as we have local nws it doesnt bother me a lot

• scruncy
    edited September 2017
    So I asked the devs about the Pairing System, Scoring and the Acquiring of Coins.

Can the pairing system restrictions be changed or removed? No
    Can the score requirements for gears be altered? Can the score gained per match be changed? No
    Are there any additional sources of these Coins outside of the quest, earning them Arigora or the Arigora Season Rewards Chest during a regular Season? Can the coin output be increased? Right now, there's no additional sources and output can not be increased.

Since these all touch upon variables that could be shared between both versions, I'm not really surprised by these answers. I will probably have to collect data and propose solutions based off that data and work with them based on our versions needs should it become a huge issue for us here.

Looking at your answers and since the match making has been changed in the last patch, that raises the question for me

A did they just lie to you and gave you just a NO NO NO answer without looking what you ask for or
    B did you lie to us and gave us just a NO NO NO answer?

With the changed match making it is even harder now for lower gear people to get to a score where coins are actually useful for you and you can craft something with it.This change made it just easier for OP squads with high score to find easy victims.

Therefore a renew my request to look into the score boundries for crating materials.