new sweet spot for arena

aphrodita
aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
okay, since apparently PWE is unwilling to undo the questionable decision of changing the arigora times or asking china to change 2 lines of code to enable different time slots, we need a new sweet spot for arena.

last week i was basically Q`d up all weekend to find out if there is squads actually going at certain times that i havent tried before, here are my results(EU servertime):

thursday afternoon with 1600 squad: 0 fights
thursday evening with 1770 squad: 2 fights
thursday night with 1600 squad: 0 fights
friday afternoon with 1600 squad: 3 fights
friday night with 1600 squad: 1 fight
friday midnight till saturday noon with 1600 squad: 0 fights (thats our new timeslot, lol.)
saturday afternoon with 1600 squad: 0 fights
saturday evening 30 minutes after xTW began with 1950 squad: 15 fights in 70 minutes.
saturday evening 2 h after xTW started with 1770 squad: 13 fights in 60 minutes.
saturday midnight with 1880 squad: 14 fights in ~2,5 hours and then the Q was empty (there was other squads at 14 fights too but also not getting matched with anyone)

summary:

-you find xtw battles almost exclusivly on saturday, unless you want to spend several hours per day on a friday to find ~5 battles
-by far most battles occure 4 hours before midnight on a saturday
-2 hours after the new timeslot for arena begins, the Q goes empty (saturday)
-no battles found on any other day than saturday in the new timeslot

so whats the plan, what can/should we do?

Comments

• olzidon
    olzidon Posts: 5 Arc User
    Basicly arena becomes unplayable for the eu server, only if you got an full american team. But mixed teams and eu teams are basicly unable to do the fights only if you wanna stay awake till the next morning. So the other servers and everyone whos in the american time zone got a clear advantage over the eu timezone. So are we forced to accept that we cant reach the same gear level than they can ? So to say it in the hard way, the timezone is discriminating the eu server. I mean times have been fine anyways, we got a time everyone was running. It was evening to late evening for eu servers and the otherservers had like early evening. So i honestly dont understand why we have the time cut. It was about having fun and now the Staff regulates the time we can have fun ?
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    They should have moved it to be 2 hours earlier than the new time. Still good enough for americans, but would help europeans sooo much, and we could still do it after xtw.
    I think most battles are going to happen saturday when it opens up.
  • aphrodita
    so we try right when it opens on the night after xtw? or someone up for a friday night session?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    It's up to the community to find a day in which everyone is going to do it, and that day/time will just be commonly accepted as the day we can do arena. Every other low population game ever has been able to figure it out, I'm sure this whiny community can too. Even though we're pretty unique in how crappy we are I have faith in us to pull through and figure something out together.
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Probably starting today Friday for US (1h after reset on DA so Saturday for Europe), tomorrow and Sunday; just as it opens to queue. 1 hour should be enough to get done 10 or even 15 battles IF teams do queue during those times.
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Well, last night there was people with even 35 fights... Never seen anyone have as many fights before even with the normal times we had; are things settled then? My guess is more queues tonight given the amount of fights we had last night unless people just wants the 10(15) fights and that's it.
  • aphrodita
    edited September 2017
    gret2692 wrote: »
    Well, last night there was people with even 35 fights... Never seen anyone have as many fights before even with the normal times we had; are things settled then? My guess is more queues tonight given the amount of fights we had last night unless people just wants the 10(15) fights and that's it.

for us, the saturday midnight Q took longer than it used to take after xtw. and almost every single EU player in my squads played absolutely ****, me included and some dont wanna play arena after midnight again. so expect some squads less next week...