PvP announcement

2»

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Man... , i was already expecting the timeslot on arena to switch into 12h timeslot because since pwi follows china updates, it was bound to happen soon or later but wth, why would you end the timeslot before the svs end which IS THE TIME that pretty much everyone does his battles because of the free charm you get with dragonlord Coins, i mean lets try to be reasonable here, this ain't PW China, our population is extremely low compared to theirs, making those changes into our version is a huge mistake.

• cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    What's with the xNW always being on Sunday at 11:20 am west coast time? The game have something against people who attend church? Also, NW being on Monday and Tuesday starting at 8:20 pm west coast time, makes it hard for people who work the next day. How hard is it to move xNW just one hour forward? TW can be fun, but more people can participate in NW, because there are a ton of factions that do not do TW, wish they would stop making everything revolve around TW.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    - xnw is back without remove local nw.
    - they put a prize for arigora colosseum, very good incentive.

I'm happy :D
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User

If we have no data, we can't confidently make changes based on a few people saying "it may cause issues". This is the first season and it definitely needs it's kinks worked out of it, so try it out and let me know how it goes!

no offense, but maybe it would not be bad to listen to active players that do arena every week on multiple characters rather than a team of "experts" that dont even play the game.

the current arena time is an impossibility for any EU team, which makes at least half of all arena teams across pwi.

so the top 100 ranking, does it require 2200 score, like the current ranking, or will you manually datapull and lets say 1920 score could also be top 100?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Is it top 100 teams or top 100 players (personal score)? tiger-17.gif​​
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Xmas in august :) XNW is back and i can attend
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Couple of questions regarding this arigora season.

1. Is it going to per rewards per player in the squad or a squad splits all of these rewards?
    2. Is this going to be for 3v3 squads or 6v6 squads because currently getting 1 fight in 6v6 is like finding a unicorn and bigfoot in the same day and still getting enough boba in your boba tea.
    3. If #1 is true then do all players in the squad get the rewards regardless of how many battles they participated in?
    4. Are the fashion items going to be tradeable/dyeable?
    5. Are the titles permanent and do they add any stats?
    6. Is there going to be a revamp of the pairing system because getting fights now is nearly impossible because we all have to wait till that sweet spot right after xTW. Even after that time you have a hard time pairing because the average squad falls in the 1300-1500 range and they can't pair against the 1600+ players so the players in 1600+ all end up facing eachother and rotating. I keep facing the same 6 squads and we rotate off eachother. Honestly it would've been cool if there was a mode where you get a handicap based off your rating similar to the TW buffs where if you own less lands you get def/atk lvl buffs.
    7. Sovereign’s Seal need to be changed to Seal of Wars or something that we can actually use. These items are defunct in our version of the game as our version of the nation war forges don't actually use these.
    8. Is there actually going to be a more stricter requirement for who can participate in this tournament? I have a feeling a lot of the players with several alts will just make several squads to farm up all the rewards by just purposely rigging matches. They can easily just battle themselves and make sure they always stay within the top 100.
    9. For the whole season what determines the top 100? Lets say one week we decide to fight and get to 2300 rating and never fight again and at the end of the season the top squads are only around the 2000 rating, does that make us 1st?
    10. Is there going to be a squad lock because if there isn't then high geared players can game the system by boosting squads to the 2000+ rating then jumping squads to insure they are all in the top spots by the end of the season.
    11. I have more questions/concerns but I don't wish to overwhelm you with them all so if you wish to discuss this more I am open to PM.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    People need to calm down. Seriously, aside from the coliding xTW/TW timeslots there is absolutely nothing to be mad about. the changes made are an improvement in every regard.

Sure, Midnight to noon is kinda tough for EU. That is if you would do your fights under the week. As for the weekends..especially saturday, if you wanna start your fights at 8 am EU time...this is prime time for Westcoast and I expect to be done with my fights in no time, every week, at 8 am on sat or sunday. You can also do your fights after midnight on Friday and Saturday as I know that loads of active EU players are playing around that time. There is no reason to do fights under the week. Even the way Arena has been before..only a minority of people had the time to do their fights under the week. In the bigger scheme...not much changes except for (hopefully) more participants in the arena due to buffed up prizes and all.

People that only look at their own situation. God damn. Grow up already. 3 Timeszones, hundreds of different people. Unfortunately it is IMPOSSIBLE to suit anyone's needs. Deal with it.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Really, I don't wanna bother you, but can you look into the TW Timeslots again and make sure that there is no chance that TW might cross with xTW on saturday (EU)? Thank you very much.

@bangbang I believe kaly already mentioned (in this thread) that rewards will be judged by each individual person (for the arena season). That is perfectly fine imho.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I would feel bad for the EU for arena time.... If the Western world players haven't gotten the middle finger for the past couple years finally we get something ^^
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I would feel bad for the EU for arena time.... If the Western world players haven't gotten the middle finger for the past couple years finally we get something ^^

As I've said, it's not that bad for us. Hardcore-nolifer that can afford to do solely arena for 3h a day under the week are, against their own beliefs, an absolute minority. Besides..if all of EU kinda gets used to doing it past midnight and/or early in the morning then we will have enough participants to do 20-30 fights in ~2 hours. Fair enough. Absolutely sufficient for me personally.
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 most sq make arena after XTW, bascally in 4hours window. so if have to set 12 hours, noon-midnight Eu time will make sense.

If you believe data instead of opinions from forum, why don't you check what is peak time for arena in PWI, then make decision.

Can you tell me what is peak time in current arena from current data? is it in midnight-noon Eu time? I don't believe so.

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    I guess, PWI doesn't want to give a free charm from XTW to arena sq, then make more profits from players. that is.....
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    I’m sorry I don’t mean to belabor this issue but I still don’t understand why the TW timeslots were changed so much.
    There is now no PWI event on Friday nights given that NW has been moved… Why couldn’t the 2nd timeslot be pushed to Friday nights 8pm server time, and keep the 2 times for Saturdays just change the priority for one. This can also remove the large burden that DA servers have with xTW and TW being at the same time. It’s not common for TWs to be pushed into the 3rd timeslot.
    Yes, we had in the past the 2 TWs on 1 day and we didn’t like it. There is too much stacking of events on Saturday when Friday night is left wide open.

Perhaps this can be re-evaluated before next week… or for next season.

@attackerv I think you are right about using the free xTW charms for 3v3's....​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    tricksie wrote: »
    There is now no PWI event on Friday nights given that NW has been moved… Why couldn’t the 2nd timeslot be pushed to Friday nights 8pm server time, and keep the 2 times for Saturdays just change the priority for one.
    ​​

New events should happen Friday 9pm instead of removed tigers,jungles etc. Anyway they should end before 22:30. Saturday 8pm should be last timeslot or DA tw and xtw seasons will be destroyed from start.
    And yes noon-midnight EU will make it able to do arena after xTW and xNW on weekend just like it now.

Best will be noon-midnight West if its possible to change arena server timezone,since this server should be separate from xTW/xNW server.

• sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    I dont normally post, but these changes do warrent something. I'm abit confused about the times and dates, and living in central time zone really makes its more confusing. Let me recap what I think I read from above.

1. X-NW on sunday from 2020 -2220 (eu time) or 1320 Central time ok i can deal with this as its after church etc.
    2. Nw at regular time but moved to Monday/Tuesday which means for Central time beginning at 2230 and lasting till 0030 What? On a work/school night and 2 days in a row? Who plans these things? What about celestial tiger and forest ruins events? Are they going to be changed too?
    3. Tw times are as follows? Friday from 2230-2240, Sat from 1700-1710 and 2000-2010, and Sunday from 1700-1710 and 1830-1840 What? ok I understand that there is a typo in length of TW time... I would hope anyway.
    4. XTW on Sat same time?
    5. Rw on Wed/Thurs same time
    6. Arena on Thurs same time

So this is the new schedule? How crappy for the central/east coast players who play on Twilight Temple. If we work or go to school that basically means that Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday you have to make a choice of running the higher instances that you need to get you g17 gear and forget the rest of your dailies, or vice versa and if your guild only gets 1 tw on sat, then you will try to get all of your dailies done on one/2 days a week and on top of that stay up to do it. I can see alot of students/workers not doing these instances because of this. If you are in a non-tw guild, then except for Xnw on sunday all you will be doing is dailies and farm.

I do hope someone else looks at these times and dates. Personally, Its a good thing that I dont plan to make another toon go r9 or boundless, because nw is out for me and I do not/did not enjoy xnw because of the disparity of gear with the EU servers. We were always stuck between 2 highly geared servers so was strictly a charm **** again a drain on resources. I believe this was one of the main reasons that ppl complained about this before so has anything been done to alleviate this?

I would seriously like to know on Twilight Temple server, what time zone the majority of players are in? Even so, with the North American servers, why base on pacific time.... how about basing it on the central time zone of the area covered or a middle time zone for all?

Thanks in advance and I hope you can shed some light on my concerns. I dont want to sound like I'm complaining just to complain, but this is ridiculous. Great game, IMO lousy planning. Thanks again
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I am definitely a big fan of the changes.
    Good job on this to the PWI Staff. Just make sure it is implemented correctly please.

@kalystconquerer#0876 I also would recommend changing your previous posts with the incorrect time zones.
    They are confusing to people who first open the thread and see an official source listing 3am-3pm for West Coast server time.​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    @sassytoo all times are server times except the xNW that is in EU time and you must convert it at your location time
  • sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    @beast21g yes I know but it only shows 10 min for tw LOL which is what I was talking about
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    sassytoo wrote: »
    @beast21g yes I know but it only shows 10 min for tw LOL which is what I was talking about

the 10 min its not the duration of the tw, its the time for the battles spreading for example 1st starts at 17:00 and the last starts at 17:10

• gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Ya, no more NW for me, thanks. Due to work schedule, I am screwed out of tokens I use to make stat boosters. Wonderful.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Honestly best way to improve attendance in arena is to increase the reward rate. Most of the players i know say they don't want to waste their time doing it because it would take them 10 years to farm the ring/cape. If they increased the amount of arigora coins you get then more players will find it worthwhile to participate. You can also introduce more alternative rewards for lesser coin costs. i.e.) Charms, S packs, star chart, g17 weapon mats, neverfall badges (squire badges, knight badges, royal badges), acoustic media.

All of these are valid items that can easily be scaled to match the difficultly they deserve. To be honest if PWI took the effort to focus in on getting players to be more active in arena then this game would grow. So far arena is the only steamable content this game offers and yet no one does it making it still a non-streamable game. At least on PWCN players are always watching others pk on arena because it is very active and they always have fights on the world map or in the arena. (All PWCN servers are pvp servers.)
  • joosefuss
    joosefuss Posts: 3 Arc User

@joosefuss I'm not sure I understand what you mean about xNW and about the "thinks these are 'better' times" part. Do you mean xNW times in comparison to local? Or just where xNW is scheduled?

Remember - because we are dealing with 3 time zones, the cross server is locked to EU centric times to avoid players getting stuck. And this means that for events like these (xNW), we have to make sure EU can enter and leave within the same self contained "day".

First of i'm an EU player on Ti server(yeah for starting in 2009 with friends). So i like the XNW time, now i can go instead of going at 2:20am.
    Well you could have checked when Arena was most active. As far as i could see it was after XTW. Some ppl can't play on a saturday so they couldn't get their 10/15 fights in. Now you could have gotten a second window to do the arena fight, after the XNW. But with these weird times that pwi thinks are "better". Ppl have to get up early or right after work/college/school to get their fights in. If it only depends on the EU times not going into the next day. You could make it 11:59 till 23:59 EU time.(can you do it by the minute? or 15min before to be on the safe side) A decent time slot after XTW and XNW. Only this is kinda late for west coast, +9hours i think.
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    kalystconquerer do you have any idea if those rewards are for team ranking or just for personal score? Also i think it would been nice to have a special title for Nr.1 / 2 and 3 instead of the whole Top 32 with same title :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    You can't change the run time for NW. It's hard coded. The only reason it runs at a good eu time is because that's what the server is set as.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    bangbang wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Couple of questions regarding this arigora season.

1. Is it going to per rewards per player in the squad or a squad splits all of these rewards?
    2. Is this going to be for 3v3 squads or 6v6 squads because currently getting 1 fight in 6v6 is like finding a unicorn and bigfoot in the same day and still getting enough boba in your boba tea.
    3. If #1 is true then do all players in the squad get the rewards regardless of how many battles they participated in?
    4. Are the fashion items going to be tradeable/dyeable?
    5. Are the titles permanent and do they add any stats?
    6. Is there going to be a revamp of the pairing system because getting fights now is nearly impossible because we all have to wait till that sweet spot right after xTW. Even after that time you have a hard time pairing because the average squad falls in the 1300-1500 range and they can't pair against the 1600+ players so the players in 1600+ all end up facing eachother and rotating. I keep facing the same 6 squads and we rotate off eachother. Honestly it would've been cool if there was a mode where you get a handicap based off your rating similar to the TW buffs where if you own less lands you get def/atk lvl buffs.
    7. Sovereign’s Seal need to be changed to Seal of Wars or something that we can actually use. These items are defunct in our version of the game as our version of the nation war forges don't actually use these.
    8. Is there actually going to be a more stricter requirement for who can participate in this tournament? I have a feeling a lot of the players with several alts will just make several squads to farm up all the rewards by just purposely rigging matches. They can easily just battle themselves and make sure they always stay within the top 100.
    9. For the whole season what determines the top 100? Lets say one week we decide to fight and get to 2300 rating and never fight again and at the end of the season the top squads are only around the 2000 rating, does that make us 1st?
    10. Is there going to be a squad lock because if there isn't then high geared players can game the system by boosting squads to the 2000+ rating then jumping squads to insure they are all in the top spots by the end of the season.
    11. I have more questions/concerns but I don't wish to overwhelm you with them all so if you wish to discuss this more I am open to PM.

bump, because i want to know as well.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    so are the top 100 determined by squadscore or personal score? do we have 100 winning squads or 100 winning players in 33 squads?