PvP announcement

tricksie
tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
First off.. TY TY TY for adding back xNW. This is something many of us have been wanting back for awhile now.

I don't understand why the time changes for regular TW tho...​​
z56fd27dc94746.gif
egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

Comments

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Is the new Arigora rewards for the top 100 people or top 100 squads? I don't think it said anywhere
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2017
    Hello!

This was to facilitate NW local being moved to Mondays and Tuesdays (since a timeslot for Monday existed in the TW list still). It should avoid smashing on any other events (new TW times) since local NW has vacated the Friday slot entirely.

There is still a chance that NW could overlap with RW, so if this causes enough problems we can take a look again at the NW times to see where it can be moved. But for now local NW will live on Mondays and Tuesdays while Cross server will live on Sunday.

I really hope CN doesn't add any more cross server events, because scheduling them all out gets hectic :P
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Oh my god, I'm so happy xNW is back!! monkey-26.gifmonkey-26.gifmonkey-26.gif​​
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You have scheduled 2 TW timeslots for Saturday.

Saturday, 17:00 – 17:10
    Saturday, 20:00 – 20:10
    Friday, 22:30 – 22:40
    Sunday, 17:00 – 17:10
    Sunday, 18:30 – 18:40

1) There are some people saying these times are based off EU times...these times are still Local server time, correct? Doesn't this conflict with Xtw and TW for Dawnglory as both of them being at the same time?
    2) Are the 1st and 2ndary days both Saturday? Normally TWs usually default to Saturdays... however if a guild has a defense and attack war, then the 2nd TW would be pushed to Friday's. Does this now mean attack and defense wars will be on the same day? yikes.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Hmm so the xtourney thing I think should have something to do with Thursday night fights as well...
    Since according to the post... They are given from 3v3 and xNW while the idea of getting entrance from Thursday night fights just got ignored...

I feel like the player that digs the helm should get at least a dozen entrance tickets or so since, due to population issues on a majority of servers.

Personally I tend to stray away from larger factions and limiting the entrance tickets to larger factions and heavy cash shoppers for 3v3 seems kind of pointless.

My bud and I snipe the Thursday night fights helms and our ranking in Colosseum is just about 1800 group. So due to us being in a smaller faction to help players and not competing in xTW it will be rare for smaller players to get into the Cross server tourney..

Add a reward for platinum chests (or 2x gold chest for entrance token) and helm digger or something so smaller players can still have a chance at it.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @npc15 I had to dig a bit in my emails for this, but at end of season we'll pull for scores for both 3v3 and 6v6. It could be likely that we'll see players on the same team sharing the same score across the board based on what CN provided me of what the datapull looks like.

That being said, this might end up being beneficial for players, since those who enter the top scoring will receive invites to cross server TNF and widens the pool. Pulling from the 1st place faction for DC + the top players in Arigora (and seeing some potential overlap) should hopefully bring in a diverse group. That being said, since it could very well exceed the max cap allowed in cross server TNF, I might have to run "flights", or two instances of TNF.

I am curious though to how CN addressed "ties" in their rankings, so I should definitely ask them about that first! And I can't tell from the initial datapull if it'll pull the personal score and overwrite the squad score if it's higher in the data or not.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @tricksie Ah yes, these are local server time listings for TW. Not EU.

I feel like this was a thing a long time ago- where it was quite possible that you could get multiple attacks and defends back to back in the same night. The list you see the timeslots in are the priority that the game assigns wars to.

We don't test for very specific combinations of attacks and defends, but we do test that all time slots function as intended.

@nunuator I'm only limiting it to cross server qualifications for now, just to see how it works out.

I still want to manually run tournaments to qualify for xTNF and that's still all being planned out, but this will just be one of the ways to get in for now. With the Anniversary just around the corner, I've had to put some of the tournament planning on hold for now :(
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hello!

This was to facilitate NW local being moved to Mondays and Tuesdays (since a timeslot for Monday existed in the TW list still). It should avoid smashing on any other events (new TW times) since local NW has vacated the Friday slot entirely.

There is still a chance that NW could overlap with RW, so if this causes enough problems we can take a look again at the NW times to see where it can be moved. But for now local NW will live on Mondays and Tuesdays while Cross server will live on Sunday.

I really hope CN doesn't add any more cross server events, because scheduling them all out gets hectic :P

hello girl :)
    ok few question i would appreciate if you answer them before the rage start...
    1- you guys mentioned that arena will be 12 hours a day but did not mention from what time to what time ?
    you know that this will cause alot of QQ due to the fact that if someone work during that time frame they wont be able to do arena anymore.

2- are you really planing on giving COM for the first place in arena ? that will be like a NP sin farming COM every month. so basically you making the rich richer and the strong stronger!!

3- last time me and you argue about the TW season you said you guys find out that 6 months was better for everyone !! why again put it 3 months ? or 4 ? why u lie to your fan :( my heart is broken now.
    4- what about the arena first ever season is it for 3v3 or 6v6 or for both ?

but to be honest thank you for working on pvp more its great to have xnw again but i hope u take the feedback to keep it fun for everyone.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I'm a bit confused about the cross-server TNF. Basically 1 whole faction will be allowed access and then be challenged by small groups that need to qualify in a different way? Doesn't that just mean the faction that's allowed access has the whole tournament on lock down forever? I can't imagine small groups possibly challenging a whole faction when they get split up in a ton of rooms.

Everything else I'm super hyped about though, the cross-server TNF qualification is a bit confusing still.
  • npc15
    @kalystconquerer#0876 by putting a single whole faction in xtnf that basically guarantees they're gonna gang up on everyone else and get the reward for themselves. And if this is a 1 time event when the seasons end (like it seemed to me) if 1 factions wins svs every time it will basically monopolize xtnf
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • npc15
    Also with NW during the week many wont be able to go because of work/school night so even more empty maps
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    arigora collosseum - will there be a score reset?
    does the top 100 include people that dont reach 2200 score?
  • joosefuss
    joosefuss Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well the more OP gets more again, go figure. How many things will be broken? Who knows?
    Happy that XNW is back tho. No more nw at 2am!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Still, even if TW times are local..that still means that on Dawnglory xTW and TW could happen at the same time since xTW on sat is starting at 20:00 EU time. If it's not avoidable then at least this timeslot should have the lowest probability to be chosen.

xNW is finally back...very, very nice :D

I don't like the additional rewards for the arena simply due to the fact that people will now completely hog together with the most OP people or most beneficial squad setup. Sure..100 rewards means that nearly any average squad can earn something...200 wins in 8 weeks will be tough tho..100 is doable!! Maybe some more people will participate but we'll see.

Yes, a clarification about which specific timeslot the arena will be available would be nice.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    edited August 2017
    @npc15 Yes, this was a thought I had, but that's why I'll have to be assigning these flights. I plan on splitting up the faction between these "flights" so it avoids this issue. As was observed in CN's version unfortunately, even if I perfectly scatter people, there will still people who will "gang up" on people or coordinate outside of normal game means. I can't stop people from using Discord/Vent/Skype in these instances and I can't stop people from being friends across faction lines.

@shapoopi 00:00-12:00 cross server time.

So EU is Midnight to Noon
    West Coast is 3 AM to 3 PM
    East Coast is 6 PM to 6 AM

If these conversions make sense? Unfortunately, one of these times is going to end up being bad and that's due to juggling three different timezones and the cross server logic.

Arigora Season is 9/13 to 12/12 so first place would get a COM and they'd still have to compete against other players for a COM to take back to their homeserver for cross server Thursday Night fights.

I'm trying to sync up the end of Dragon's Conquest and TW season cut offs this time, though I did seem to chop TW off short again, Zzzz. I guess a longer DC season can't hurt *makes a note*
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @npc15 Yes, this was a thought I had, but that's why I'll have to be assigning these flights. I plan on splitting up the faction between these "flights" so it avoids this issue. As was observed in CN's version unfortunately, even if I perfectly scatter people, there will still people who will "gang up" on people or coordinate outside of normal game means. I can't stop people from using Discord/Vent/Skype in these instances and I can't stop people from being friends across faction lines.

If these conversions make sense? Unfortunately, one of these times is going to end up being bad and that's due to juggling three different timezones and the cross server logic.

Arigora Season is 9/13 to 12/12 so first place would get a COM and they'd still have to compete against other players for a COM to take back to their homeserver for cross server Thursday Night fights.

I'm trying to sync up the end of Dragon's Conquest and TW season cut offs this time, though I did seem to chop TW off short again, Zzzz. I guess a longer DC season can't hurt *makes a note*

well thanks for replying but dont you think its wrong timing for west cost ? did you mean its 3 pm to 3 am ?

and i think its bad for eu players lol GG eu server will rage so much now

they got bad timing for arena and for XNW now
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    so for EU you can do while you sleep or be at work thanks
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    not hyped about this.

- xnw = very good

- local nw , why 2 and why in the middle of the week? keep all the tw times and make one friday and one sunday. Why change everything around?

- even tho we beg you to not reset arigora points, for reasons explained, you dont care and do it anyways

- add prices to colosseum , which you can distribute also right now. Give it to NP portal sin/db .They will win it each and every time. At least give price for the first of each class. That would be more fair. As someone said before, if you OP they will blow sugar up ur ****, if you not nobody cares about you.
    - about the TNF, the ganking up is so easy to solve. This is a design issue. Do this and your problem is solved:
    1. Dont allow squads
    2. Force everyone into *show simple models only*
    3. do not display room numbers or coordinates
    4. dont allow any kind of chat , mute everybody

- 12h time for colosseum, people who work or have school wont be able to do it anymore. Participation is already low. I would say maybe 20-25% of the people do it in the first place. Now it will be even lower. What was wrong with 24H? Could you explain? At least change the matching setups, so you don thave to wait for hours to get a single fight.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Is the arigora times locked or could you perhaps do something like 8pm-8am EU time? That would be 1pm-1am West coast and 4pm-4am east coast. To me it seems like the best timeslot for everybody involved. I love the fact you finally chose NA times over EU times but imo there wasnt a need to make such decision this time.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • npc15
    saxroll wrote: »

Is the arigora times locked or could you perhaps do something like 8pm-8am EU time? That would be 1pm-1am West coast and 4pm-4am east coast. To me it seems like the best timeslot for everybody involved. I love the fact you finally chose NA times over EU times but imo there wasnt a need to make such decision this time.

Moving to 8pm-8am Eu time makes it 2pm-2am east coast and 11am-11pm west cost cause it would move back 4 hours from what it is
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • deewainy1
    deewainy1 Posts: 12 Arc User

By giving different times for each server you are locking out several people which will make it harder for everyone to do their battles. Besides that Arena is meant to be cross server which. By limiting it to certain servers for certain timeslots you are making this impossible to do for everyone. No one wants to fight NP squads all day so its going to die out quick. Fix those times so everyone can attend at the same time or this is going to be useless.

EU needs to be swaped to 12 noon to midnight and not the other way around. We certainly sleep/work midnight to noon.
  • scruncy
    This colosseum time limit makes no sense at all. Even if you switch EU from 12noon to midnight, it would take on many days like 2 hours possible time away ( tw,nw, xtw).
    Whats the reason for this 12h limit?
  • aphrodita
    considering 50% of arigora squads are from dawnglory, this was a pretty odd decision. the prime time for arena was 20:00-24:00 EU time, so good luck finding arena squads now.
  • aphrodita
    edited August 2017
    aphrodita wrote: »
    considering 50% of arigora squads are from dawnglory, this was a pretty odd decision. the prime time for arena was 20:00-24:00 EU time, so good luck finding arena squads now.

why changing a running system in the first place? why removing NW from friday, putting it on some week days instead, when we always had a TW timeslot after friday NW anyway? i dont understand any of the decisons china or your team made, sorry.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    The 12 hour limit seems to be a constant going forward, regardless of it being in an Arigora Season or not. 24 hours was already getting issues with people not matching or finding any matches. With a smaller window of time however, we won't know how much better it will be until people hop in and match-make.

If we have no data, we can't confidently make changes based on a few people saying "it may cause issues". This is the first season and it definitely needs it's kinks worked out of it, so try it out and let me know how it goes!

For EU - times can not go into a "new day", so must be self contained into one 24 hour "day" if that makes sense.
    So an 8 PM to 8 AM would not work. 8 AM to 8 PM could, but then times would be West Coast 11 PM to 11 AM and East Coast 2 AM to 2 PM.

The 12 chunk of time itself can be moved around, but it must follow these rules
    -must be contained within a 24 hour "day"
    -based on EU times
    -must be a 12 hour period

I'll double check on the points reset, as it was something I don't think we asked CN specifically about for clarification on.
  • scruncy
    edited August 2017
    I dont understand, it was working the whole time the *into the new day thing* . A match could start at 23.55 and end at 00.05 new day without any issues.

And the problem is not the 24h. The problem is the matchmaking setting. Serveral times, I was standing next to a squad at the npc, with us both in queue. Grp score difference like 50 points. And we wont get matched. Your matchmaking is bugged. Not the time.
  • jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I am very confused about these times, you said that they are
    EU is Midnight to Noon

This doesn't make sense. So for west coast server, it's 3am to 3pm? But for East Coast it's 6pm to 6am? How do these overlap or did you mean to make West Coast 3pm to 3am.
    If west coast is 3am to 3pm, how do those who work a normal 9am-5pm job supposed to participate in arena,
  • joosefuss
    joosefuss Posts: 3 Arc User
    Most ppl did fights after Server vs server, and now you can add the time after XNW. But no PWI thinks these are "better" times. Come on man, for real, watch your game.
  • npc15
    jorock457 wrote: »
    I am very confused about these times, you said that they are
    EU is Midnight to Noon

This doesn't make sense. So for west coast server, it's 3am to 3pm? But for East Coast it's 6pm to 6am? How do these overlap or did you mean to make West Coast 3pm to 3am.
    If west coast is 3am to 3pm, how do those who work a normal 9am-5pm job supposed to participate in arena,

I'm assuming it was just a typo
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Ah, good catch! I flipped those - should be 3 PM TO 3 AM, not the other way around.

I'm leaving a time converter open from now on on my desktop *coughs*

@joosefuss I'm not sure I understand what you mean about xNW and about the "thinks these are 'better' times" part. Do you mean xNW times in comparison to local? Or just where xNW is scheduled?

Remember - because we are dealing with 3 time zones, the cross server is locked to EU centric times to avoid players getting stuck. And this means that for events like these (xNW), we have to make sure EU can enter and leave within the same self contained "day".