09/19 PWCN expansion release, fantasy theme park

attackerv
attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
1) six theme parks ( maybe just for fun, not about pve or pvp)

2) faction base lvl, new talent system ( not sure what benefit ), faction buff (no detail yet), new faction trial(no detail reward yet).
SvS faction pk, (http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20170906/79514.shtml)

3) war avatar update ( some S cards can exchange certain S card) , S card can exchange to avatar soul and improve 2nd rb NP set stat ( for top CS players)
details is here
(100 S card for 1 NP card, 15 for 1 card 4S set, 5 for 1 card 3S set, need stuff from new faction trial )
http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20170906/79517.shtml

4) skill tuning, and two new skill for each class (more class balance or imbalance ? no details yet)
5) Divination and drifting bottle (for fun)

we will know more details after 1-2 weeks

link : http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20170822/79448.shtml
Main Chars in tidewell:
Attacker_V: archer
Seraphim_V: Veno
xNightshadowx: db
Post edited by attackerv on

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I'd like to add that a friend, Sulnie, translated some of the news page and it appears the two new skills are Glyph-able skills.

Here is the teaser trailer (uploaded by Mel):

https://youtu.be/dS8Q8daaLL4

​​
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hmmm , 2 more skill does looks promising, i hope they didn't nerf tidal so they could just give a godlike new skills to sin to able them faceroll pk now... , gotta have hope i guess.
    Well, improving 2nd NP card stats doens't look promising for 99% of the player base who don't have 2nd rb np set so this will further increase the insane gap between 2nd rb NP players and others, can't say i didn't see that coming, they need to keep the huge cs'ers cs'ing. On a hopefull yet extremely unlikely turns of events, i hope they could make a system where you could trade specific A card sets for S cards so everyone could Farm\Cs an decent S card Set without having to rely on a gambling game which is opening S packs.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    That teaser is..... off. Meh​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I felt like that video is anti-hype. Good we had some exciting PvP season news today!
    I hope we get more glyph skills, thats would be cool.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Woooo speculation time is always fun!

As always, I have not seen this update myself, I have no information on it as of yet so this is the first time I'm seeing it as well.

I seriously thought for a second that this was a new game because the trailers style and the logo kind of threw me off.

My **personal hopes for the themepark -
    Buffs and free goodies to help F2P players
    A Claw Machine/UFO Catcher for exclusive rewards (Pets/Flyers)
    Lore to explain this whole thing
    Themepark either built around Neverfall or in a brand new nation.

** Disclaimer - these personal opinions are mine and are not reflective of actual content to be created or to be representative of PWE or it's parent company.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Id imagine it'll be a new land after all there is still north south and east lands currently unused (on the larger map)
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • catgirldesu
    edited August 2017
    It's worth noting that the girl with pink hair in the artwork and trailer appears to be Astrid (compare her to her NP card art). We might be meeting the Flame Empress Astrid and ??? somewhere in Neverfall building up to the unlocking of the Southern Reaches (much like how Primal World introduced us to Althea and Alexander) or we're already visiting a part of the Flame Empire? ​​
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    We just had a solar eclipse we missed the chance to strike back at the flame empire!
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • catgirldesu
    npc15 wrote: »
    We just had a solar eclipse we missed the chance to strike back at the flame empire!

mouse-29.gif​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Really curious about the skills of course.
    I wonder if we'll be able to glyph more than 6 of them?
    ​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    New glyph skills sounds really exciting, it feels a bit stupid now, not real choices. I do hope they don't increase the amount of skills you can glyph, I want there to be some cool skill choices instead of an extremely clear path
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    the trailer seems like it is something for the homestead, where you will be able to build a fun park
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    The real question that needs an answer is though:
    How badly will FPS drop in that area?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I'm tbh not happy about more skills. Make sins horrendously op AGIAN every single time they do do this...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    npc15 wrote: »

Not to worry. The US has an upcoming annular eclipse for the western US in oct 2023 and another total eclipse for the mid-eastern US to new england in april 2024.

As for the theme parks......WTF??

• kalystconquerer#0876
    dblazen1 wrote: »

^ asking the real questions.

More Glyph skills = more additional testing, hehe. I can't imagine what'll happen if they make all of the skills able to be Glyph'd.

I'll keep an eye on their forums/site for further announcements!
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    If it turns out interesting, maybe I will return.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    UH, gonna need to stack up on Supreme celestial shism molds if the new glyph skills throw off the balances between demon and sage again :D
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Can they stop leaking useless trailers like this and we actually see some GAMEPLAY trailers. I give it a month before all this cute stuff is a bore xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    dblazen1 wrote: »

^ asking the real questions.

More Glyph skills = more additional testing, hehe. I can't imagine what'll happen if they make all of the skills able to be Glyph'd.

I'll keep an eye on their forums/site for further announcements!

I can.. And I dont fancy being one of the ones to be doing the testing.. Tho surly this is done at PWCN end so you dont have to test all the skills?
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    the trailer seems like it is something for the homestead, where you will be able to build a fun park

I agree. It does feel more like a homestead thing rather than anything else.
    Granted, it's still early to say for sure, but after watching the first trailer that's the feeling I'm getting. Not gonna bother with the second trailer, as I'm not too sold on this fun park thing right now.

But again, it'll be a while still 2019, so there's time for improvement.
  • catgirldesu
    edited September 2017
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    CN sent me the pics from their site and that CGI trailer, so we're definitely getting this themepark thing! But other than that, still don't know much aside from what they're providing on their site for now.

@heero200 They do, but we still check them here to make sure.
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    any info on the S card exchange yet? xD
    I'm hoping it's the thing that will finally get me my set >_> was literally weeks away from it but well.. everyone knows the story haha. But it would be an awsome way to get rid of all these S cards I have sitting around
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwnnfaBekw&amp;t=23s Gameplay trailer of the upcoming horrible expansion >.<
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    I knew that train in Neverfall wasn't just some random thing added. It was just the beginning of this.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Seems like a copy of an idea from another game, where they got "Darkmoon Faire", which is filled with mini games basically and you then do mini games for mostly vanity items. Sure, I imagine such thing will be interesting content for some ppl, least till they get what they want from it reward wise but if thats gonna be expansions main selling point, lol.

Dont get me wrong, such mini game area could be extremely fun every now and then but its just not enough content to justify an expansion imo. It might work on CN market, I dunno but for western market its not gonna work too well because ppl are gonna get bored with mini games fast and ask, what not? There are games which do larger patches than that.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • catgirldesu
    edited September 2017
    Hopefully whatever they are planning to modify/update regarding the skills will be good, but I'm genuinely not keeping my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed. I will accept whatever we get, regardless of how it affects the class balance. It's not like we can do anything about it anyway; all changes are made with PWCN's meta in mind. But hey, at least we are supposedly getting two more Glyph skills so that's something exciting to me. I get to play with and test something new.

I believe the theme park has potential, but it depends on how they will handle it. For one, it could be a place that players of all levels and all gear can access and enjoy. It would be good to have something that doesn't require specific levels or gear to do. The thing is, though, that it should at least reward players with something useful, because if it's purely vanity items or just "for fun" then yeah... players will ignore it once they've tried all rides/games and it will turn into yet another dead area of the game.

​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Maybe venos will finally be able to add frost scarab on their skillbar!