Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 8/22/2017 - 11 PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have no patch, restart only!

*Important Notices*

Character Creation Contest winners will be having their items disbursed tonight! Please understand this may impact maintenance times!

Territory Wars and Dragon's Conquest will be reset tonight! Please understand this may impact maintenance times!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Discussion

TW and DC reset tonight and with that, an exciting PvP announcement will go live tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST!

What do you think will be announced regarding PvP related events (TW, DC, Arigora, NW)? Speculate below!
Tagged:

Comments

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Gonna be something about reward changes I bet
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    Arigora Season. Neeext
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Again don't reset the Arigora points! If you do we will lose a lot of the points that have been circulating around the system since the first week and those points won't be replaced. If the average point value goes down much farther down no one will be able to regain the point value they had before the reset and some of the g17 might become impossible to farm.

We saw the same thing happen with Minion Battles. Currently the top prizes are literally impossible to achieve since they are tuned for the activity level in PWCN and not the amount we have in PWI. Look at the top scores vs the possible prizes.
    cKoS0OT.png
    ​​
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll bring cross nw back !!
  • barnau88
    barnau88 Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @nowayoutgtx960 said:
    > Hopefully they'll bring cross nw back !!

Nuuuuu >.<
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    I hope for the return of cross server nation war *cross fingers*
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    hopefully pwi reset the Arigora points and minions points.. like they does with Xtw and TW.

and if i remember correctly @kalystconquerer#0876 checked this before and said that Arigora points reset every few months cant remember if its 3 months or 6.

i think its fair and better and more challenging to reset points.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    reseting Arigora points would be a disaster for non OP squads. Please do NOT do that.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Not Resetting Arigora points when asterelle explained it also when they make a incentive system for this I hope they distribute rewards fairly as it stands the nuema portal devil sin squads are kinda reigning supreme here or atleast implement the season AFTER the nerfing of LA classes. As it stands devil nuema portal sins have no way to be put in check and tbh it's just a pure ....show facing off against them to me currently there's like 3 with 2 of them leading the points and one whom is the strongest choosing to go alone and he still wipes ppl 3v1 on if you're going to give up the season fine but please after the major update
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    I could care less about resets, fix the rubberbanding :3. And dont merge the other eastern server into dawnglory like rumor is saying because they will **** over all players in tideswell just like they did with harshlands players. I came back after a 3 year break and I still have over 700ms ping at all times, compared to a solid 60-90ms on eastern servers. lots of my friends went to tideswell, started new characters, some even r9ed them, cashed for refines, on a server they could actually play on. DONT MERGE or merge them into west atleast ffs. anyway :) rant over hope the pvp thing is fun for those who dont lag like a demon
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Maybe I'll get my wish and SvS has been changed to sundays
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I think you will announce that China decided that it is not okay to hand out items worth $2300 as a DC (xTW) rewards FOR FREE.
    To reduce the rage of the community you will appear with a GM called China on every server. Players can hit this dude for 24 hours and it will randomly drop Mysterious Chips. *never forget*
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    Maybe they'll merge all servers into one and make that server forced white name , ... gonna be a awesome pvp event 24\7 a day !!. ( Don't do it D:)
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Maybe a cross pvp server
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    Maybe a cross pvp server

This would be amazing.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10615464-pvp-events-announcements <-- Official announcement here!

While our cross server is technically "always on" , there's zoning issues associated with it (players entering at one time then leaving to go back when their local server time is a different date), so this could cause problems if players are using their own home characters to come into a theoretical PvP server "whenever". I'm not sure how Arigora managed to avoid this issue as long as it has with the 24 hour settings.

If players roll characters ONTO a PvP cross server...it just sounds like the easier solution would just make a new server that's flagged as PvP and people can play on that (but its the whole starting from scratch issue and people from different timezones etc.) This is not to say we're making a brand new PvP server, but this is still interesting to think about and discuss.

Anyways, I digress! We hope you like some of the changes we've made for PvP events :)
  • thehiddenplanet#7737
    thehiddenplanet#7737 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Dear kalysta,

ty for everything you do for us and how you help our community.

That being said, I can not comprehend why the move of the friday regular NW.

To me, it sounds more logical to have friday regular nw as it always has been, sunday cross server NW and monday another regular one.
    This because EU people, like myself, will not be able to attend 'local' NW's anymore if they have a job which only allows them to have off during the weekend. (and for example play on Tideswel, as i do)

• kalystconquerer#0876
    With the new additional slot for TW added on Friday, I didn't want to force players to pick between doing local NW or doing TWs.

Granted, I'm rolling the dice on the Tuesday local NW slot in conjunction to Resource Wars, so on this front if it becomes too much of an issue, I can try to relocate local NW again.

It wasn't until recently that they told me they could have both running AND be able to move these local server timeslots, so I'm trying to keep the days of local NW grouped together to make sure nothing breaks. Theoretically, it SHOULD be possible to separate the days like you've said, but I didn't want to chance that for now.

Hopefully this makes sense as to the reasoning behind it! If the Mon/Tues block proves to be too difficult for a majority of our population to participate in, I'll ask the devs about seeing if the days can be "split" away from each other.
  • bestdusk#2943
    bestdusk#2943 Posts: 18 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I don't think rw and the new nw timeslots will conflict considering rw is wednesday/thursday!
  • scollins3178
    scollins3178 Posts: 24 Arc User
    really changing nw times to monday during Tigers Event. The brain trust at this game needs a good smack in the damn head who makes these idiot decisions this company continually decides. You never consult the actual players ever then just make stupid decisions that effect us and wonder why you continually lose player base
  • thehiddenplanet#7737
    thehiddenplanet#7737 Posts: 17 Arc User
    With the new additional slot for TW added on Friday, I didn't want to force players to pick between doing local NW or doing TWs.
    I can understand partially where the choice you made is comming from, but not completely.
    To not have to force certain people to chose, for example, there is no choice at all anymore for most EU players playing on a server with American timezone.
    They just won't be able to attend Local NW at all, which potentially will reduce the amount of players attending NW even more.
    Granted, I'm rolling the dice on the Tuesday local NW slot in conjunction to Resource Wars, so on this front if it becomes too much of an issue, I can try to relocate local NW again. .
    Does this mean RW times being changed to different timeslots too than wednesday / thursday ones?
  • scollins3178
    scollins3178 Posts: 24 Arc User
    once again ty for kissing eu server **** for cross server nw time really 20-2200 eu time. Thanks **** west and and east servers just like before gonna have another very unbalanced nw like before or u don't remember that brain dead move u did before. i guess you dont remember how that went epic fail and really u dont even know when rw times are wed/thurs not tuesday. or u gonna **** that up too as well. Please stop making decisions that really affect player base without consulting the player base. Maybe you should actually hire ppl that play the damn game casue this just showsa how bad you guys really have no idea what goes on in game .
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

Granted, I'm rolling the dice on the Tuesday local NW slot in conjunction to Resource Wars, so on this front if it becomes too much of an issue, I can try to relocate local NW again.

It wasn't until recently that they told me they could have both running AND be able to move these local server timeslots, so I'm trying to keep the days of local NW grouped together to make sure nothing breaks. Theoretically, it SHOULD be possible to separate the days like you've said, but I didn't want to chance that for now.

Hopefully this makes sense as to the reasoning behind it! If the Mon/Tues block proves to be too difficult for a majority of our population to participate in, I'll ask the devs about seeing if the days can be "split" away from each other.

if i am not mistaken friday TW time slot is the same as now
    right after our Local NWs.

So the only new thing you have added is 3 NWs per week insteed of 2
    And Saturday 2nd slot TW is pretty close to cross TW or its my idea?
  • laylay
    laylay Posts: 27 Arc User
    Cross Nation War is a nice idea and you will never find a time slot the pleases everyone I guess ... the ideal solution would be to have xNW that is NOT server vs server, but every player (no matter what server s/he is from) will be randomly assigned to a nation.
  • xandriabk
    xandriabk Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still waiting on that rewards for character creation contest
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    RW on Wed/Thurs...isn't it? *squints*

Oh, then I was worried about nothing! *facedesk*

I still do worry about the days being split from each other, but again, should the issues arise from it grouped this way, we can always ask to see if they can be moved independently from each other.

@scollins3178 Tigers will no longer be an event that runs on its own after the content update, however it can be manually activated now outside of Mondays. As far as I can tell, this event looks like something I can run outside of patches as well!

So instead of having to wait around for Mondays for Tigers...maybe in the future I can run it more often *winks*
  • lolabunny67
    lolabunny67 Posts: 12 Arc User
    A ton of players count on tigers for coin and event gold so they do it every week and its one of the few events that lower lvl players have access to coming up id have to say most of this sounds like bad ideas. Im not even going to start on the xNW and how EU server murdered all the rest the 1st time bc they managed to come in w almost 5x the number of players i wont go to it the rewards are worthless if you are in the nations being stomped and you will drasticly mess up the supply token econ (again) on the EU server...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Tigers as an event will be removed after the content update-however, I was testing it yesterday and it looks like it can be run pretty much whenever now! So while that does mean we no longer have a dedicated timeslot for it, the flexibility of firing this event off at a different time (and potentially more frequently?) should hopefully ease the concerns of loosing the "guaranteed Monday" timeslot.

Also with local and cross server NW being available options, those who don't want to do cross server can still do the local versions. If servers didn't get high enough rewards in the cross server version, they can do the local to get additional tokens.

I'm also working with CN to see what additional items can be added to our NW forges, so hopefully I can get additional rewards for players to make it worth the while!

Forgot to do this yesterday since I was busy responding to other threads-shuttling this topic to Official Announcements!
This discussion has been closed.