So Demon became obsolete...

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
with the recent update. That's what I trully believe. the only advantages Demon Barbs got now is the Chi gain from HP buff, more Accu from BB (tho more HP cost so it's basically neutral but I love accu <3), 10% more wood damage (tho mostly negligible) and ofc near cap crit with Bestial Onslaught.

While the crit is really nice...all the advantage we had before in the form of higher para chance, better arma, more chi gain from Bestial Rage, etc..they are all gone now as a majority of skills are now the same. However, sage got insane chi regain from Tiger form, combined with bestial rage we can trip spark 24/7 and having a near permanent 25% damage reduce from sage spark is also massive in terms of survival power. The higher base damage kinda doesnt matter. Also add more HP/Pdef in tiger and 1 more never-miss skill in the form of Sage Onslaught and you can clearly see that Sage is overall alot better now. Sure, demon still deals a bit more damage but overall the advantages of being sage are too massive now and I can no longer ignore them...

Before the update I would've went demon Barb all the way, no doubt...but now... :( I still say demon barb would be OP with -int robe, full r9rr, CoM and G17.5 Fists with GoF. Dat aps power <3

PS: Hopefully we get some more skill upgrade next update and that they finally give barbs a leap/jump skill. Alacrity would be perfect for that. 20m range, jumps to the target, same effect <3

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Cool blog post.
    inb4 china is moving towards a point where demon/sage becomes obsolete and we need to upgrade to "Ascended Being" because of all the merged ****​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    TBH a majority of people already went for 1 specific culti path of their respective class because more often than not it's quite the clear cut as to which culti is superior. I dont really mind them merging more skills...but the quest chains have been excruciating in this update...so I rather not :D
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    PS: Hopefully we get some more skill upgrade next update and that they finally give barbs a leap/jump skill. Alacrity would be perfect for that. 20m range, jumps to the target, same effect <3

We have 30 meters Mighty Swing xDDD

Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • kumalca
    kumalca Posts: 12 Arc User
    So, still sticking with sage? I'm considering going sage too for that extra bit of survivability cuz sins and dbs >.<
    Would like to hear from you. Thanks
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    kumalca wrote: »
    So, still sticking with sage? I'm considering going sage too for that extra bit of survivability cuz sins and dbs >.<
    Would like to hear from you. Thanks

Well, yeah, Sage has all the advantages except for Onslaughts 40% crit buff (which is still a massive increase in damage). Sage is especially nice if you deal loads of damage anyways, like if you are a full deity barb. In those scenarios, if you deal enough damage, you literally will OS people if you proc Paralyze on swing (or 100% glyph), onslaught, followed by a 100% crit stomp: On a max damage built, a zerkcrit (or even just the crit) can OS/Charmbypass arcanes easily.

What I'm saying is: The longer the fight lasts and the more hits you need to win the better Demon would be because you will land alot more crits. IF you can kill fast anyways than sage has no disadvantage and is drastically more powerful than demon. Demon should only be considered if you really need that damage.
  • jsxshadow
    AAAANNNNDDD 180° again :DD

Yap, I went back to Demon now.

Truth is, I still believe that Sage is vastly superior to demon. It is, hands down. No question asked. That is if we are talking about being equally geared. Sage is best choice for tank barbs anyways and for 1v1, if you have a deity built, sage is bombastic. You will have enough damage to charmbypass most people with the 100% crit add of Onslaught for stomp. All good and well but personally...since I didn't focus my barb at all in the past 2-3 years I have to return to demon.

The reason is the damage and ofc my Luck. If I was a lucky nublet and would crit even as sage 24/7 then sage would be superior in every, little regard. It's just not the case. I am the guy that can no proc paralyze on Mighty Swing for 10+ times in a row while also failing 80% occult ice 6-7 times...IN A ROW. That I was naive enough to expect that it would be different with crit was very foolish of me. Same goes for accu. As demon I have a bit over 12k. Too much? Should see how much I miss even on arcane back as sage when I had roughly 11k accu.

So in conclusion..I need to lower the odds of things not working on my barb in every regard possible. Yes, I have to sacrifice my survival-prowess as well because as a barb..I have means to stay alive and can even kite if possible and only strike with cornered up and such (if push comes to shove and I really would need to due to being outgeared into space). Damage however...is very limited atm. Anything to increase it is welcomed.

Before anyone says it. Yes, I could've geared up my barb to the max and wouldn't have any issues with it now. I am glad I didnt. With the current golden glyph effect on arma..seriously? 1st/2nd rb NP set with 70k base damage, devil stones (230+ att lvl) and still 50k+ HP in human, cap pdef and 45k mdef unbuffed? Who in the right mind would even bother 1v1ing such a barb? With arma now, all I would have to do is slap on 14 sec CD swing with 100% para and use it in combination with onslaught + Arma and 99% of the server would die just from crit/zerk on that arma instantly if selfbuffed (even now my barb can kill even Ruby with that combo but only if it zerkcrits). All I'm saying is...I am mainly up for 1v1..building a char that is nearly unbeatable in 1v1 is not my intention especially since I made my SB over 2 years ago because during that time no one would bother 1v1ing vs my barb already. Now that anyone and their moms outgear my barb massively ofc they wanna 1v1 :DD
  • fury85
    Get 100% Paralyze with 14 sec CD is very hard now. I tried with my Lv.5 glyph with 18 sec CD and not work so much good. You need to tick def charm before cast Armageddon, most the time with low lock you need 4 hits to do that. I actually don’t use STR genie with occult ice, so I can’t perform any lock if i use 100% para. I prefer use range Mighty Swing, get a bit more lock and put more pressure and wait that Para proc to use Armageddon. With Occult Ice maybe I can try the red glyph.

About Demon/Sage i can say that Demon with Deity build is really weak, true that I have the chance to 1 shot most the class with a zerk crit but true also that just a +10 DD can 1-2 shots me as well. Sadly that no one tried this build before talk, check flameofwar for example, i saw many 1v1 with him, and he has better gears than my barb and a great chart. And he still take so much damage from people with less gears. Sage maybe can be a bit more competitive but still boring to play turtle, turtle, turtle, try Arma, repeat waiting for a zerk crit. Count also that if you fail Armageddon you are almost dead in some situation. With Demon i like to land Ancestral, easy to use, stil hurt alot with crit buff and never miss. I want more way to kill to be less predictable.

In mass I never get on Sage. That because the more accuracy and the high crit are much more effective than a bit more survivability. Demon Onslaught + Berserker’s Wrath, Demon Sunder + 100% crit ultimate or 100% crit armageddon, Demon Titans to increse crit before start ulti if no Sunder.
    jsxshadow wrote:
    1st/2nd rb NP set with 70k base damage, devil stones (230+ att lvl) and still 50k+ HP in human, cap pdef and 45k mdef unbuffed?

Doesn't exist... its a myth.
    Roar_King
  • fury85
    I don't think that demon is obsolete...

Get 100% Paralyze with 14 sec CD is very hard now. I tried with my Lv.5 glyph with 18 sec CD and not work so much good. You need to tick def charm before cast Armageddon, most the time with low lock you need 4 hits to do that. I actually don’t use STR genie with occult ice, so I can’t perform any lock if i use 100% para. I prefer use range Mighty Swing, get a bit more lock and put more pressure and wait that Para proc to use Armageddon. With Occult Ice maybe I can try the red glyph.

About Demon/Sage i can say that Demon with Deity build is really weak, true that I have the chance to 1 shot most the class with a zerk crit but true also that just a +10 DD can 1-2 shots me as well. Sadly that no one tried this build before talk, check flameofwar for example, i saw many 1v1 with him, and he has better gears than my barb and a great chart. And he still take so much damage from people with less gears. Sage maybe can be a bit more competitive but still boring to play turtle, turtle, turtle, try Arma, repeat waiting for a zerk crit. Count also that if you fail Armageddon you are almost dead in some situation. With Demon i like to land Ancestral, easy to use, stil hurt alot with crit buff and never miss. I want more way to kill to be less predictable.

In mass I never get on Sage. That because the more accuracy and the high crit are much more effective than a bit more survivability. Demon Onslaught + Berserker’s Wrath, Demon Sunder + 100% crit ultimate or 100% crit armageddon, Demon Titans to increse crit before start ulti if no Sunder.
    jsxshadow wrote:
    1st/2nd rb NP set with 70k base damage, devil stones (230+ att lvl) and still 50k+ HP in human, cap pdef and 45k mdef unbuffed?

Doesn't exist... its a myth!
    Roar_King
  • jsxshadow
    @fury85 Whilst it is true that deity Barbs die a bit faster than Josd barbs especially on full buffs and in def weap since the more def lvl you stack the more effective they become versus high att level and vice versa, however..if I compare flames survival-Power directly with my Barbs then, despite my Barb being Full vit stone, I realize that he is quite a bit tankier than my Barb.

This is due to his ridiculous star chart.

As for my Barb..if I would go to full deity (incl ornaments), full +12, 2xpattack, 2xmdef, 2xHP, 1xpdef chart with min 3 fates and Nuema Portal 1st RB I would be approx 45% tankier compared to now and would deal ~120% more damage. You know me xDD I am mainly a 1v1 player...with that gear...nah it would be way too easy in 1v1. Anything any class can throw at a barb can be evaded with a specific genie. Staying alive is not an issue in 1v1. It is an issue in 1v1 ONLY if you cannot put pressure on the enemy and give them unlimited time to find strategies to kill you. If you can oneshot most people than it's very unlikely to lose. xD