Seeker procing g17 and basically any other weapon

2»

Comments

• weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Also I tried the celestial sword thing too and got 0 purges including a massive amount of misses
    Vae Victis.
  • womack10
    womack10 Posts: 28 Arc User
    I just got my seeker G17 purge weapon. I traded all my stances in for their primal versions just to be rid of the cursed stance glitch. I've tested the purge weapon extensively and I've found the proc rate to be about 12%. I have procced it on gravel blade on the same hit that applied stunning stance and wind blade while proccing def reduction in the same hit. I have also procced on normal attacks. While seekers don't hit as quickly or as often as DBs, I'm in a 3v3 squad with the second DB (and first after the real first got banned) with purge and we both proc at about the same rate. The other seeker on Dawnglory with G17r3 complained about low proc rates as well and says rend would best fit seekers, however that runs into the same issue... Seekers just don't hit often. All in all, I'm proud of my G17 wep and it's working fantastically in Arena. I just wish it worked with edged blur!
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Very good Womack good for you yeah so after all my testing was right after all, seeker really need a multi skill to help even things out , I been using rend seems like it works a lil better but I'll retest it and perhaps go back to purge.

I designed this thread with exactly this purpose in mind the tester literally have no idea how procing affects combining with stances I also noticed a problem wI think our glyphs too and it's a major one I'll start a thread about that too.
    Vae Victis.
  • merrickxkun
    merrickxkun Posts: 9 Arc User
    I did a massive test sample months ago, with all primal skills, only counting hits that didn't miss. Proc rate for seekers was 2%. Only way to increase the rate is to opt out of all status effects and take the never miss glyph builds. Unfortunately you lose a lot in the way of debuffs for a higher chance to purge
  • womack10
    womack10 Posts: 28 Arc User
    I did a massive test sample months ago, with all primal skills, only counting hits that didn't miss. Proc rate for seekers was 2%. Only way to increase the rate is to opt out of all status effects and take the never miss glyph builds. Unfortunately you lose a lot in the way of debuffs for a higher chance to purge

Yea i've glyphed out all my status effects in favor of not missing and gaining more chi. i like being able to spam edged blur :D
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Actually the new purge proc works on all skills, status effect or not. I do wonder if you need to deal dmg for purge to proc though. By what I mean is if BMs roar would also purge or not.
    Not on roar, but aoe's like Army Crusher do have a (lowish) proc chance. (Tested with R8R poleaxe - it seems to roll a proc chance for each target hit separately). Could be funny with the range glyph :)
    BMs are likely to become a little more useful in mass PVP... Weapon throw and Roar will likely become more important now - I think disarm is going to be the only reliable way to deal with G17 untargetables.

Besides, if you can afford a G17 weapon, can't you also easily afford an R9R4 weapon for offensive purposes? Switch to that when in the "kill this target" mode, switch to G17 defensive when in the "survive and wait for an opening" mode... On my BM I intend to eventually (tm) have both. G17 defensive dualsword for chi building and damage control, R9R4 axes for max damage.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!