Respectful Critique of Large Factions on TT Server

lovecrunch#7925
lovecrunch#7925 Posts: 7 Arc User
A certain well known faction on TT server refuses way too many applicants and leaves a bad taste in those applicant’s mouths.

This faction seems to pride itself on putting members first and letting their members vote to accept applications. Their members see themselves as friendly, accepting and respectful. I would beg to differ. They are judgmental and elitist. My first dose of this is applying there. Their requirements on their website states that applicant’s minimum gear must be g16 +5. Yet my friends and I applied there with r999 +10 gear, easily double their requirements, and were refused.

Do only people who are friends of many members of these large guilds get accepted?

Why is do these large factions that have such high and mighty images of themselves let their members be so judgmental and picky on Applications? Especially when their faction is losing members and their rejects are going to the competition?

And that leads to my next point. Where do I go once I’m refused from applying to this large faction? To their competition of course. Why would I wait around until an elitist fraudulent faction changes their mind?

If anyone from the officership of those large factions read this, take a good look at yourselves. It's a game. Maybe letting your most petty members vote out able, respectful, willing participants isn't making a good image for you.​​

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Gear isn't the only thing taken into account when people app. If you're a well-known drama maker, ofc you'll get denied.

But personally, applications should never be set up as a poll.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    There is generally a reason why somebody is denied from a faction if its not gear. This attack for denying ones app makes one wonder what kind of drama queen we dealing with.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    before the merge i had a r999 friend who had been in a few of the top factions of Heaven's Tear. She ended up hating them because they were very cliquish. they had their set members in each squad for dungeon runs and TW/NW, not caring about your gear or skill in the game. If you werent one of them, then you were a nobody to them and were better off not being in that faction. If you're not a well known player, which actually she was to an extant, and not a drama starter, which she wasnt, you're just less likely to get into that top faction.

going from personal experience with my main. I'm in a faction that is nice and relaxed. they do TW and NW, but they're okay if you dont want to do either. even though i am in this faction i tend to go with random squads for most dungeon runs, and various players who i somehow squad with frequently, some are in those top factions, remember me to the point where they even defend me against some jerk in squad. My main is a cleric and there's usually one jerk in every squad that doesnt like the way i play. to which there's at least two other members of the squad who say i know what i'm doing and i'm good at it and in other words to "stfu". or if one of them is the leader, that jerk just gets kicked. The point i'm trying to make with this is, they remember me well enough that if i were to apply to their top faction, with rrr9(r9s3) armor but only g16 +5 weapon (for now will have the base r9 weapon by christmas) i probably have a decent chance of getting accepted.

So if you play your toon well. Go with random squads on runs, you could end up getting players in those top factions to notice you, which would help your case when applying to one of them. I get that this takes time and you're probably looking to join asap, but getting those top tier faction players to like you will help your chances to get into their faction.
  • lovecrunch#7925
    lovecrunch#7925 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    saxroll wrote: »
    There is generally a reason why somebody is denied from a faction if its not gear. This attack for denying ones app makes one wonder what kind of drama queen we dealing with.

I don't see this as an attack, but suggesting they review their process. And things arent always what meets the eye :)

If you see this as causing drama when no names were mentioned and no details supplied then you're free to wonder about me. As someone who has seen a lot of factions processes and has a good idea why people are refused I can honestly say that sometimes "OP" members already in a faction holds sway over others joining. Youre right, sometimes it can be for good reasons. Maybe that person actually scammed someone, or causes too many problems. Or. Sometimes, It can be simple as someone posting something on world chat that annoys them. Those things need to be taken into consideration rather than just assuming that those votes adverse to that new member are created equal.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

I don't see this as an attack, but suggesting they review their process. And things arent always what meets the eye :)

If you see this as causing drama when no names were mentioned and no details supplied then you're free to wonder about me. As someone who has seen a lot of factions processes and has a good idea why people are refused I can honestly say that sometimes "OP" members already in a faction holds sway over others joining. Youre right, sometimes it can be for good reasons. Maybe that person actually scammed someone, or causes too many problems. Or. Sometimes, It can be simple as someone posting something on world chat that annoys them. Those things need to be taken into consideration rather than just assuming that those votes adverse to that new member are created equal.​​

If I played on TT, I`d know exactly which faction you are talking bout. Servers are small, word travels, specially when somebody starts a QQ thread bout their application being denied.

I have seen my fair share of top factions - There really is always a reason for denial if applicant is geared enough. Its almost always because applicant has done something or is simply a difficult personality nobody has time or energy to deal with. My guess goes to time/energy demanding personality considering you went and made a thread just because you got denied from a faction instead of minding your own business and just going to the competition like you said you would do.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    Like said above ppl are not always chosen by gear, certain classes could be needed if the guild is close to full and you probably aren't one of those classes. Also like said above making this thread already says a lot about you. I think factions that let their regular members vote are great my faction does that as well get over it.
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Perhaps people had negative memories about you or you lacked on some other requirements. You only mentioned the gear requirement (G16 +5) but these days the big guilds have more than that: can you attend TW or not, if yes which timeslots and how often, what's your spirit etc.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    My faction is on TT server.
    We do polls.
    We require at least 66.6% yes to be accepted.

If you are 100% yes with at least 10 votes after 24 hours, you can be immediately invited.
    If it is below 100% or below 10 votes, you must wait 48 hours.

People are judged based on gear, reasons for joining, and members desire to be in guild with them.
    If you want to create a family atmosphere where people get along and work together, it is important that people be able to tolerate one another. Also, keeping gear at similar levels ensures that players will need the same things and be able to work together to achieve them.
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    daymond wrote: »
    My faction is on TT server.
    We do polls.
    We require at least 66.6% yes to be accepted.

If you are 100% yes with at least 10 votes after 24 hours, you can be immediately invited.
    If it is below 100% or below 10 votes, you must wait 48 hours.

People are judged based on gear, reasons for joining, and members desire to be in guild with them.
    If you want to create a family atmosphere where people get along and work together, it is important that people be able to tolerate one another. Also, keeping gear at similar levels ensures that players will need the same things and be able to work together to achieve them.
    This is true of almost any larger TW faction. Especially one that holds land on a regular basis. At Meteora we've considered it a few times, but TW isn't our primary focus, so we haven't. We do have a voting system between officers though, and other requirements that must be met in order to join.

Say, for example, you want to join, but are only available for one TW slot. That's going to have a large impact on whether you are accepted or not.

There's a lot of other factors too, like whether you're on our blacklist, known interactions, ect.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Polls are dumb 'cause then most won't comment on what their issues are with people. They just vote no and officers are left to wonder why.​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    On our guild forum, usually people state their reasons when they vote in either direction. They are not required to, but they often do. If someone is denied from joining, we contact them and politely tell them they were declined. In addition, we try to provide the general reason their poll went south, so that maybe they can improve in that area then come back at a later date.​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    In my experience representative democracies work the best, you have a big team of officers that are tied in to all the different cliques groups and lone wolfs that exist in every large faction that's been around more than a few years, and these officers can reach out to members and identify any issues that could arise from recruiting the applicant in question.

The issues can then be discussed and weighed between all the officers and a decision can be made that is best for the faction overall, all this with minimal people finding out that the applicant was interested in joining which saves them from any awkwardness if they are denied.

The only downside to this is if there isn't strong guidance and promotion of fair and carebear culture from upper leadership you can quite easily arrive at the situation where officers lend an ear to certain cliques groups too much, or possibly add VAT to reasons for denying someone which can mislead other officers, or become corrupt with power level over 9000.

The alternative is direct democracy i.e. polls which work nice in small family factions but are impractical for large end tier factions, and quickly descends to mob rule where members will discuss/lobby/take grievance with decisions made by the overall majority and can cause division. Points at #Brexit. There is also the fact that the applicant will basically find out everything everyone said about them, which causes dramalama, and major butthurtedness.

So yes it's game, but you would be surprised at how much it can matter to people who they share factions with, and factions should always look out for their current members interests first and foremost.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    As far as gear goes, minimum gear requirements is there for consideration. If you're below that it is auto-reject and you won't be considered. Realistically gear level requirements are different for different classes. Some classes can be very effective at the minimum gear level such as veno or stormbringer while other classes would be nearly worthless such as archer and wiz. Also factions are more likely to admit a minimum-geared applicant for high-priority classes and for classes they have in short supply.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Speaking for my own faction, all members are allowed and encouraged to post their past experiences with applicants on their applications. Officers make the final decision on acceptance.

Suggestions for people who want to join this faction (or any really):

1) Don't talk trash in world chat. This gives you a negative reputation. People who don't know you will make judgments based on what they think they know about you.
    2) Be respectful in squads. If you steal book drops in FSJ or molds in Warsong, people will remember when you apply. They will *never* forget stealing even if it's years later. Talking trash in squads, pking people after the instance is done, etc. are all bad things to do.
    3) Don't faction hop. If you're in a different faction every week, why would another faction expect you to stick around with them? Stay in one place, make friends, show your loyalty. Major factions have alt characters in most of the minor factions, and they will see your behavior there.
    EDIT: 4) Put some actual effort into your application. "Just invite me, I want to join" doesn't cut it. If you can't take 10 minutes to fill out an application, you're not going to be productive in faction.

If your application was denied, there was a reason, and the recruitment officers should have communicated it to you. Improve on what was lacking, and reapply a bit later. This shows that you are really interested in joining. If you just join the competition instead, it shows that you just want any big faction to ride the coattails of, and you're not the kind of person we want around here anyway. Winning TWs is important, but there are five more days out of the week. And we need people who we get along with and who don't start drama.
    Post edited by capnk on
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    As far as gear goes, minimum gear requirements is there for consideration. If you're below that it is auto-reject and you won't be considered. Realistically gear level requirements are different for different classes. Some classes can be very effective at the minimum gear level such as veno or stormbringer while other classes would be nearly worthless such as archer and wiz. Also factions are more likely to admit a minimum-geared applicant for high-priority classes and for classes they have in short supply.​​

Dont hate on wizzes >.< roll with seeker and veno = dmg like i was bele hue hue.

on another note you also forgot placeholders. i.e people who arent in the faction but will be or potential merges. when those happen its alot harder to get in as room is needed to be made, alts moved etc. new season is approaching and seems like it would be harder then say mid season to get in. jsut ,my non needed 2 cents
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Why post in thread over a year old?​​
This discussion has been closed.