IP Blocking for Brazilians is being inefficient

emanuelly#5715
emanuelly#5715 Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Hello, I want to talk about the IP blocking for Brazilians, which is being inefficient

buVgi08.jpg

So, as you can see, the game is unavailable for my region, however those who were created until October 2016 can play normally. The problem is that this partial blockade is not stopping the arrival of new Brazilian players.

In Brazil there is already a server that is managed by Level Up! Games.

Many Brazilians are able to play in PWI through the following techniques:
1. Using VPN to download the game or;
2. Requesting an old loaned account to a friend to download the game;
3. Editing the "stringtab" file inside the "patcher" and "launcher" folders after downloading and installing the game, to run the PWI without Arc;
4. Using the "startbypatcher, user:LOGIN pwd:PASSWORD, role:CHAR" commands in the game shortcut on the desktop to run without Arc.

The use of VPN is prohibited by Arc

Lending the account to another person is also prohibited.

Changing the game files for some kind of benefit is also prohibited

These reasons are no longer enough to ban the IP of all Brazilians (including old accounts) at the request of Level Up! Games?

* Note: I'm Brazilian and don't have any prejudice with Brazilians or people from other countries.
Post edited by emanuelly#5715 on

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    While Pretty much what you said is true, there are a lot of things that is prohibited in theory by the ToS, but still you can see it on Dailly basis, Logging multiple toons while only 2 is possible, Playing another person account as you said, the list goes on.

Personally i've only saw pwi banning people who bought account from others players and got reported.

I suppose that Pwi already did what was asked by Level Up Games by blocking IP of Brazillians, but i can't see they doing much more work to block incoming players since pwi population is low atm and every new player means more Profit, Legally speaking pwi don't have to do anything since are the players itself using 3rd part programs coming to their servers.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    as that topic disqused in the past, i remember that perfect world is available from another distributor in Brazil. Thats why there is that problem.
  • vampirao2012
    vampirao2012 Posts: 12 Arc User

Should Arc extend the "block" for all freak jerk from Brazil? are you be prepared to come back to "tupiniquim" server? How about all the glitches there are? May should I talk how they are wrost than Trump, to manage their job?

If ya know wich guys are rip off on rules, ya only need to use support.

Note: I'm from Brazil.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I'd rather not punish the entire legacy Brazilian population for the actions of the few - however if you know of people who are VPNing in or otherwise modifying their clients to access the game from a blocked region that are NOT legacy accounts, you will need to report these instances to Customer Support.
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    I don't even remeber the basis for the IP block to begin with, wasn't it something to do with PW making a SA server, but the Brasilians continued to make accounts for NA? If a Brasilian wanted to (1)jump through those kinds of hoops, (2)risk getting banned, just to play on a server with a (3)couple friends they know. Why should any players care?
    sage barb best barb
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Hm, really? tiger-18.gif
    So, as you can see, the game is unavailable for my region, however those who were created until October 2016 can play normally. The problem is that this partial blockade is not stopping the arrival of new Brazilian players.

Problem? In what way it is a problem and for who? Every now and then people spam this forum complaining PWI is becoming less and less populated. And now we have someone who is fighting for blocking access for new players tiger-2.gif
    Dunno, guys, I'm only glad to see new people in game, VPN'ed or not.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • emanuelly#5715
    It's because I don't cope with the "Jeitinho Brasileiro (Brazilian way)" of always wanting to get along

Arc could trade with Level Up! Games to transfer the accounts of brazilians to the brazilian server, so we would not have several topics of people complaining about messages in portuguese in the chat world or people speaking that brazilians are toxic players.
  • abdurakhmanova#8274
    abdurakhmanova#8274 Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 please, ignore this topic
    @rossetto#2870 I'm LittleMystic, I think that you know me in game.

I was harassed and persecuted by some brazilians on Tideswell server, until I changed server. I was playing in another account using this tactic described by you until I can recover this account.

Today everyone knows that there are better games on the market and the players who still play in the PWI are those who are loyal to the game.

I don't see a need for Arc to ban accounts that are using other methods to access the game, beucase they are players that have migrated to PWI because of the quality, stability and economy of the game. These new players are invited from old brazilians players.

Everyone knows the Level Up! Games is not a good administrator, because if they were, the brazilians would not leave the national server to play here.

@rossetto#2870 The real reason you opened this topic is because some players from Tideswell are chasing you on Twilight Temple, just forget these people, because they will forget that you existed on Tideswell. Start a new journey there on Twilight Temple and stop to remember and repeat this annoying subject.

@kalystconquerer#0876 This girl was very persecuted in the game by some brazilians, because they think that she is a russian girl (fake) that deceived and stole some brazilians on Tideswell

@kalystconquerer#0876 Can you close this topic please?
  • cbmelo97
    cbmelo97 Posts: 16 Arc User
    It's because I don't cope with the "Jeitinho Brasileiro (Brazilian way)" of always wanting to get along

Arc could trade with Level Up! Games to transfer the accounts of brazilians to the brazilian server, so we would not have several topics of people complaining about messages in portuguese in the chat world or people speaking that brazilians are toxic players.

I can't even... this is wrong in so many levels, I don't even know where to start. This thread is totally pointless.

If you feel other players, wherever they are from, are offending you, somehow, then you should let a GM know. From there, he will take the over the case and decide what to do regarding the issue.

Transfering players from PWI to PWBR is SO WRONG in so many ways, and impossible, for so many reasons... if you dont realize that, I feel pitty for you.

@kalystconquerer#0876 , please close this topic.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Hummm, Leftover production's Pay's Wanmei X amount of Money to Use there copyright in the Brazilian Market, nuthing different then russia ect..They make contract's between the two of them, to publish wanmei's game Perfect World, most likely very similiar to PWE publishing PW in the U.S and other market's depending on there agreement's. IP ban is not meant to GO after Brazilian's because of race ect ect. There doing it because of Licensing & Business issues, There is a ban on other region's as well including CHINA. All of this is because of License issues, not personal. a lil off the cuff here, But This is why They never should of gave a Work around to ARC imo. Releasing a new product and telling all to GO AROUND I thought was risque to be nice xD. Like Open up a store and tell the consumer's don't use ARE store. Pretty much self mutilation imo. If player's left over it, then fine, not a loyal player cya... People have put up with alot, and stay cuz of many reason's, Heck most of the people who War Cried about rage quiting over using ARC the majority of them probally where based in Blocked IP regions...
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    @wettstyle A lot of people didn't want Arc because it wasn't necessary. It's bloatware as far as any end user is concerned. The only reason we have it is because Perfect World needed a way to bridge the gaps between all of their different games with a single platform.

EA did the same thing with Origin, Ubisoft with Uplay. Even Microsoft tried to do it with Games For Windows Live (GFWL).
    sage barb best barb
  • wettstyle
    I understand, I really do!. I said it above maybe not as well As I could, but hey I tried:D Ip block's which is necessary Because of CONTRACT"S is enforced By ARC..PWE and all are a Business.. as u said yourself, many other's use platform's now.. I bet Most who raged over I am not using it.. If they did not give the work around would of continued to play... IF they loved playing of course.. unless like i said there in a IP blocked region .. which I am pretty sure there is alot of them...Hey you don't need that Parking Lot and spaces for your consumer's it's not necessary.. But it sure makes your business have more access to potential customer's yes? ect ect.......There's lot's of things in life you like, love .. and u take the good with the bad!. IN a business point of view giving a Workaround for your new product to appease whining and threats is just not good Business IMO...
  • vampirao2012
    edited August 2017
    So even though I've started be4 ip blocking, I can't choose which company offers me the best product? where's the promoted "Free Trade Area Of The Americas"

So if a North America(USA) guy offer to you a gallon of oil,for 10 Dollars, and there is an Iranian Muslim offering the exact gallon for 3 bucks will you choose the American?

I guess this is racism!!!

Br Manager can't handle the players there are right now, cuz got a bunch of glitches, they do 3 "rollbacks" (don't know how its called in english, but it's like they,BR manager, come back in time with the server, erasing with all the progress). Some players lost COM's , WOA's and R9 gears....
    Level Up Game gm's gave to some "special" ($$) players all the NP Combo. When happened "merge server" In BR, the same guys mentioned above was gifted with a bunch of cash
    ​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
  • wettstyle
    It's Wanmei,China that sold Business investor's like the regional publishing companies a bag of good's that most likely they could not deliver:*( Pretty sure those contract's they sold promised those Region's to be for Those publishing it and the Player's based in those regions to be there client's...From the Owner of one of those regional publisher's that person or group probally never would of even ventured ahead knowing that those potential customer's promised to be there customer's, was in reality not in there Pond!. All we see playing out is the scramble to try to appease this with this and more spin,,*trying to appease LAWYER"S lol..
  • vampirao2012
    edited August 2017
    so let BR's "free" to back to BR server(sarcasm), and further reduce the non-existent population players in pwi, then let the PWI die slowly..
    How about all money we, Br guys, spent in this game?
    Some itens don't exist on Br server, and brazillian manager won't accept transfer our acc's with our r9 gears....

• ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    so let BR's "free" to back to BR server(sarcasm), and further reduce the non-existent population players in pwi, then let the PWI die slowly..
    How about all money we, Br guys, spent in this game?
    Some itens don't exist on Br server, and brazillian manager won't accept transfer our acc's with our r9 gears....

BRs spend real money on the game? I thought all they did was to exploit Jolly Old Jones dailies with alts xD, just like the russian botters.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    ironpwner wrote: »
    BRs spend real money on the game? I thought all they did was to exploit Jolly Old Jones dailies with alts xD, just like the russian botters.

Yes, they spend RL money when they buy accounts. :D
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • vampirao2012
    hey... Iaint buy any accounts, but I still spending a bunch of money,....
    With all money I spent, I gear up till r9r my main, and trying to buy gears for some of my alts...
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Just wanted to point out that about 80% of the stuff that is banned by the TOU gets done pretty much daily, and PWE doesn't seem to mind much. Dodging the swear filter is banned by the TOU, and yet about 20% of all WC messages have swear filter dodges in them. Sharing accounts is banned, and probably 50% or more of the population of the server I play on does just that.

There's a level 5 or something gold site spammer that stands right in front of the bank in the new starting area and spams the cheap gold link to everyone on it's list, using a custom written game client, and PWE bans it after, what, a month of it spamming? Why report it when it doesn't even get banned?

Why would Brazilians want to play on PWI? They have their own localized version of PW, right? Or is it horribly managed/terribly localized/just ****?
  • vampirao2012
    Just wanted to point out that about 80% of the stuff that is banned by the TOU gets done pretty much daily, and PWE doesn't seem to mind much. Dodging the swear filter is banned by the TOU, and yet about 20% of all WC messages have swear filter dodges in them. Sharing accounts is banned, and probably 50% or more of the population of the server I play on does just that.

There's a level 5 or something gold site spammer that stands right in front of the bank in the new starting area and spams the cheap gold link to everyone on it's list, using a custom written game client, and PWE bans it after, what, a month of it spamming? Why report it when it doesn't even get banned?

Why would Brazilians want to play on PWI? They have their own localized version of PW, right? Or is it horribly managed/terribly localized/just ****?

I'll reapet my text
    "Br Manager can't handle the players there are right now, cuz got a bunch of glitches(much more than pwi), they do 3 "rollbacks" (don't know how its called in english, but it's like they,BR manager, come back in time with the server, erasing with all the progress). Some players lost COM's , WOA's and R9 gears....
    Level Up Game gm's gave to some "special" ($$) players all the NP Combo. When happened "merge server" In BR, the same guys mentioned above was gifted with a bunch of cash​​"
  • emanuelly#5715
    All Brazilians deserve to be permanently banned from the game. Many use illegal methods, share or sell accounts. Since there is already a local server in Brazil, there is no need for them to be playing on the international server.
    I recommend everyone to read the terms of service
    1. English: http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
    2. Portuguese: http://www.arcgames.com/pt/about/terms

Please read the clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 4.12, 25.3, 25.4, 26.1, 26.6 and 34 of the terms

This means that at any time, PWE may ban all Brazilian players at any time and without prior notice. Not just Brazilian players, but just like any player, regardless of the region where you live.
  • barnau88
    barnau88 Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @rossetto#2870 said:
    > All Brazilians deserve to be permanently banned from the game.

Good boy. Thank you for your contribution.
    You must be so proud of accomplishments.
    Now now... don't worry. Everything is going to be fine.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Alright, since there's been some requests to close this, I'll go ahead and do so.

Please understand that the nature of the agreements with the parties involved is a bit complex and something even I haven't fully delved into.

That being said, I do appreciate the Brazilian players we have had over the years that have come through our doors!
This discussion has been closed.