Sage vs. Demon Stormbringer

Options
maksim1995
maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
So my question would be, is it still worth to go for Demon storm with a new (Def lvl and crit dmg reduction) passives coming soon ? Mostly talking about sb's passives (Metal + Water Mastery and Blood of the Nightshade aka 5% more dmg vs. crit rate)

Comments

• var#2724
    var#2724 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    5% damage increase is better than 3% crit, don't need new update to confirm. Wouldn't write off demons because of that, new passives will affect everyone and i have mixed feelings about crit nerf. Some variations there though, not sure about upcoming numbers.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Huh? This reads as if people think Sage is superior to demon Stormbringer in general.

LOL. It's quite the opposite.

3% Crit, especially for caster, is ALOT better compared to 5% more damage. The new passives won't change anything about that.

I still think more CC takes the crown and thus demon is superior to Sage. Sure, sage storm can deal a little bit more damage, but thats about it pretty much.

But with the new updates incoming it gets more and more equal.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Huh? This reads as if people think Sage is superior to demon Stormbringer in general.

LOL. It's quite the opposite.

3% Crit, especially for caster, is ALOT better compared to 5% more damage. The new passives won't change anything about that.

I still think more CC takes the crown and thus demon is superior to Sage. Sure, sage storm can deal a little bit more damage, but thats about it pretty much.

But with the new updates incoming it gets more and more equal.

So much bad advice and religious propaganda in this post. Hopefully no one listens to you any more. :/

1.25 * 1.35 > 1.2 * 1.38
    and the new passive will make crit even less powerful.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Options
    when i first started my storm, i was going to go sage, got to lvl 100, and rebirthed, after getting back to 100 and doing alot ALOT of fsp, i managed to get all the stormbringer sage books, and i realized how much i HATED sage storm, every other magic class i had went sage and was fine with them,
    just not the stormbringer
    i changed her path to demon, and everything felt smoother, did more damage, survived more often, and whenever i used searing moonlight in fsp mushi wouldnt kill me because im not gaining chi to send me into 3 sparks