R999 vs G17 - Which one should I choose?

krizalidedu3
krizalidedu3 Posts: 15 Arc User
Hello everyone!
Currently I am an archer with T3 gear. I can make around 18 GST monthly... What would be better: getting a r9 weapon and making it 3rd cast, or trying to get the 3rd cast g17 bow and eventually trying to get GoF? My objective is to at least be annoying in pvp (not a top archer)

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Considering even G17S3 is extremely expensive/time consuming and its weaker than R9S3, I`d say go for R9. The purge is your main advantage as a archer.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @saxroll you can get a higher chance purge and efficient one from g17 so I don't think that's a sound arguement. With that being said, g17.3 is only about 20-25 less atk levels which can be argueably overlooked since the base damage of g17 is much higher. When I tested it my g17 won danage test every time if I counted only crits and normal attack and not ruled in zerk or zerk crit.

I would say if you're going slowly farming 17.3 as a archer
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • keihan007#7641
    edited July 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @saxroll you can get a higher chance purge and efficient one from g17 so I don't think that's a sound arguement. With that being said, g17.3 is only about 20-25 less atk levels which can be argueably overlooked since the base damage of g17 is much higher. When I tested it my g17 won danage test every time if I counted only crits and normal attack and not ruled in zerk or zerk crit.

I would say if you're going slowly farming 17.3 as a archer

I am very doubtful of this higher chance to purge till I get to play with it myself. The original video where this stems from really didnt seem higher to me and with very little counting the claimed "20% purge" turned out not to be the case there. It does, however, purge with CC skills so there is that making it slightly better for purging. As for higher base damages, you are just plain wrong in there. As silly as it sound, R9T3 bow has higher base damages than G17S3 bow, you can check it easily on database. On top of that, even 20 attack levels is a lot of damage to be giving away, specially for non deity people.

But I do suggest them to work on HS either way. If you dont use the profaned woods yourself, they went up a lot least on Etherblade recently(50mish currently I think somebody said from being dirt cheap). Cause if you dont use them, sell them and make some coin for R9 bow this way.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @saxroll being that I've had the purge for nearly 6 month now I do believe it's higher but experience is believing I suppose. Maybe the base on g17 now isn't like g17 saber I know my damage goes up about 1.5k more in g17 +12 vs my r9rr +12 the base is just higher for most any others I've asked like arcanes with zerk say even not counting zerks their g17 did fairly the same if it more. I won't have it on my arcanes for another 3 months so I'll have to check myself. Perhaps the returns deminished idk. But anyways seeing as I actually have a g17.3 weapon and a r9rr weapon I can actually say without a doubt not counting zeros the g17 did very well in comparison but whenever you get it you can see your yourself I suppose @saxroll

P.S can we all stop referencing fedes(liquidloves) video on g17 procs they are old and more ppl have it just watching that video doesn't feel enough atleast get opinions from other owners since g17.3 is slowly becoming fairly common. Also only 50m on Etherblade? Lmfao DA market never cease to amaze me.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • keihan007#7641
    blazerboy wrote: »

P.S can we all stop referencing fedes(liquidloves) video on g17 procs they are old and more ppl have it just watching that video doesn't feel enough atleast get opinions from other owners since g17.3 is slowly becoming fairly common. Also only 50m on Etherblade? Lmfao DA market never cease to amaze me.

Well considering there is like 10 ppl with G17S3 on Etherblade server total, its not too surprising. The prices were ~25m few months back as I remember buying one for a friend as they couldnt log on to buy it at the time. The market is clearly picking up on Et but its slow so I expect prices to go up as more and more ppl start seeing how broken those rpocs are in reality.

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    For an archer, 8d go with the g17 bow, the 3rd cast with zerk should out dps the 3r9, and if you're not outright buying the woods, the cost should be roughly the same (including cost of Homestead upkeep and potentially buying contracts from players) but take far longer real time (about 117 days to get the woods at 5.4k prosperity) However the advantage is that the g17 bow can be upgraded even further and will far out DD at final cast while the r9 is a deadend. And to top that off, investing in Homestead(s) gets you those chance packs every day that give out a lot of A packs, A chests, and star chart items, helping you even further.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105