r9rr Purify Spell broken for Mystics?

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
I know, it's related to mystics but I want to hear people opinions that have also fought the class and not played it themselves.

I just had some 1v1s (3 hours) vs a very skilled Veno on my Mystic (video follows soon). Whilst I triggered her purify spell with on average every 4th hit I myself have not been that lucky. I KID YOU NOT. 20-40 hits per proc sometimes are the norm. Getting CC locked for dozens of hits, one stun after another, multiple times in a row without getting purify proc in 95% of all cases is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WGxOZ_GiZA&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, I also know I am well known for my excruciating bad luck. Yeah, I get it. But what you are going to see in that video isn't normal nor is it ok. The proc chance of Mystics r9rr reminds me of that of a r9.4(CN) weapon if not worse.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Besides that, are there any news about CN fixing Mystics pets yet? Compared to the venos pets that can instantly use their skills (including stun) a millisecond after they spawn and my Mystics pets standing around for 3-5 seconds after spawn, doing absolutely nothing, before attempting to stun (Devil) just to make it null and void because my target is too close to me. That's ridiculous and absolutely unfair. It works for venos but mystics get shafted? I think I know why the monkey's stun works and the devils doesnt. Because monkey's stun is ranged. I see no issue in giving Devil a +2-5m range on his stun.

I urge you, please, watch the video, even if its just partially and compare the 2 classes with pets and how well it works for one and how absolutely broken it is for the other. CN players must've noticed this issue. I can't believe that it still isnt fixed...

UPDATE: Tested purify on Myst, Cler and Storm and they are nearly exactly the same. Sorry for the bother but I got worked up really hard about when I feel like I got the shorter end of the stick due to reasons unrelated to my personal performance. Luck. I will always hate you, dear mother luck.
Post edited by jsxshadow on

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

The pet stun has been bugged and sent to them, but them seem to be unable to reproduce this even after ten times. I did provide them a video of this behavior, so I'm not sure what I'll need to do to explain this better. I'll probably have to poke them again.

Also, yes, please provide a video of this (the purify) as well!
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Purify works fine, you just suck at mystic.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I've always watched mystics proc puri proc with ease but then agian it's 1v1 what do you expect from a non multi hit class? You really think your puri proc will be reliable? That doesn't supply sufficient enough evidence to prove its lower specifically to mystics imo a 1v1 with a veno. It's just like when someone can roll 100g worth of if packs and come out with nothing and someone can open 10g worth and open a CoM. Its just luck, unless you do a extensive test video like was done for the r9.4 CN edition I don't think you have a claim here
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    @capnk Maybe, but the difference in procs between the veno and me is a bit too heavy to be just coincidence. Besides, only cause I complain about my bad luck doesnt mean that I didnt win most of the fights. Winning or losing doesnt matter if my luck sucks or if mechanics are broken. That's just annoying either way.

@blazerboy Yeah, it could be just me. However, you can clearly see in the video that more often than not my purify does only proc after dozens of hits whilst she procs very often on even my Sleep-Plant exploding or my devil iniciating a stun. I stand there getting pet stunned, hit, hit, nova, hit, hit, hit, hit, Lucky Scarab, hit, hit, pet stun, hit hit and no purify whatsoever. Ofc no caster will survive this. Granted. If I had the same luck as her I might've not died once in all this video but it's not a debate about if it's justified in this situation but if the proc is indeed broken.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Video is now up. In this video you can see how flawlessly her Monkey-Pet works and how Mystics don't work at all most of the time in stark contrast :( and purify ofc.. but don't get confused there are some fights in which purify actually works quite decently but not in the majority of fights. So either the proc is lower than the one of other classes or I have extreme bad luck.
  • irrumatios
    irrumatios Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    capnk wrote: »

I agree, the proc works fine and I fell for the clickbait too. The video shows him using anti-wood against a class that has primarily wood damage, and then expecting his weapon to proc despite being immune to the incoming damage.

Free tip for you in your future matches though: one of the monkey stuns a non-attack stun.

• jsxshadow
    irrumatios wrote: »
    capnk wrote: »

I agree, the proc works fine and I fell for the clickbait too. The video shows him using anti-wood against a class that has primarily wood damage, and then expecting his weapon to proc despite being immune to the incoming damage.

Free tip for you in your future matches though: one of the monkey stuns a non-attack stun.

Really? This is the most "troll"-response I have ever gotten in my life. Please feel yourself and your opinion disregarded on that matter. Friggin hilarious.
  • blazerboy
    From what I saw it was normal arcane 1v1 the weps hardly proc as usual
  • jsxshadow
    As it's a pretty long video I recommend watching the last 25 minutes of it since that showcases the insanity the best :D

@blazerboy Her's procs more than mine whilst I was trying to hit her with as few hits as possible whilst she bombarded me with skills. That's a massive difference. Me getting hit by dozens of hits consecutively not procing vs I hit her 5 times and it procs is not normal nor is it fair. It happened way too often to be just my luck. Again, at first it's kinda ok but in the end of the video..holy macaroni.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    soulforce is your bad luck maybe @jsxshadow
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow rng gods once in arena a demon veno proc IW on my 4x within 2 minutes I ran out of saves and got blown away it's just the nature of the beast. Statistically it shouldn't happen that frequently but it is what it is. @beast21g pretty sure SF has nothing to do with it
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    its been a while that our dawnglory 1vs1 lobby felt the need to beg for attention on this level, but could you please refrain from stealing kaly`s time with your shenanigans, so she can actually focus on real issues or her job at all? sorry Joe.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    aphrodita wrote: »
    its been a while that our dawnglory 1vs1 lobby felt the need to beg for attention on this level, but could you please refrain from stealing kaly`s time with your shenanigans, so she can actually focus on real issues or her job at all? sorry Joe.

That is an issue for kaly and I notified her about this because I know that she plays Mystic as well. May Purify Spell be RNG, the way the pets work isn't and they are still broken and need to be fixed. Spawn devil -> Stun, Spawn Mistress -> Seal, Spawn Devil -> knockback -> Stun...that's something I'd love to do. At the current level that's impossible since they are bugged beyond belief.
  • jsxshadow
    Update: Damn. I wanted to make sure and tested it thoroughly. Mystic, Cleric and Stormbringer vs my Archer with fists on 2.5 Aps. 5 minutes each. All three had the same amounts of procs within the range of ~8 total ._.

So yeah, the proc is fine. I hate it when I am so hardcore unlucky that I think it's a faulty mechanic.

Still the issue with the pets stand. @kalystconquerer#0876 since it's pointless to watch the vid for purify spell now you can close the thread, I guess. As for the other issues with the pets..I really don't know how we could showcase it further than we already did. It's obivous that venos do not suffer from the same issues hence I could only advise CN to copy and paste their setting to Mystics. As for the Stun of Devil...it just needs a bit of range and not deal damage anymore. Just a pure stun. That would fix the issue 100% and it would work from every range, anytime.
  • blazerboy
    ^ I agree the pets should be fixxed if it's really an issue
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @jsxshadow I'm not so sure it's something as simple as a "copy paste" - I've assumed certain things to be harder than they were but weren't and things I thought we simple to be vastly complex. For the stun when I last observed this bug, it was only occurring in open PK mode - Duels and TW, the stun works at any range. Does this still hold true?

I'll be checking this skill again in our upcoming content update and if it's still occurring, then I'll have to keep poking them.
  • irrumatios
    irrumatios Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Really? This is the most "troll"-response I have ever gotten in my life. Please feel yourself and your opinion disregarded on that matter. Friggin hilarious.

"Troll"? You're looking for pats on the back from random players who have never touched a venomancer or any caster class for that matter, but when someone provides legitimate insight, you say it's trolling lol.

It's clear to me why being chain locked by occult ice and a non-attack monkey stun isn't going to proc any purify. Obviously attacks under nullify poison isn't going to proc any purify either.

If you look at the difference in skill level when it comes to controlling pets, it is also no wonder why the venomancer is procing. The veno calls back her pet without fail after every stun, while your pets are left auto-attacking due to your lack of APM (you do call your pets back, but not before they've already auto attacked a few times).

At 35:00 of your video, the monkey hits you 1 time for a stun. while your devil hits the veno 8 times. Why is it not a surprise the veno proc'ed?
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Update: Damn. I wanted to make sure and tested it thoroughly. Mystic, Cleric and Stormbringer vs my Archer with fists on 2.5 Aps. 5 minutes each. All three had the same amounts of procs within the range of ~8 total ._.

Thank you for being a man and admitting you're wrong.

• jsxshadow
    edited July 2017
    @jsxshadow I'm not so sure it's something as simple as a "copy paste" - I've assumed certain things to be harder than they were but weren't and things I thought we simple to be vastly complex. For the stun when I last observed this bug, it was only occurring in open PK mode - Duels and TW, the stun works at any range. Does this still hold true?

I'll be checking this skill again in our upcoming content update and if it's still occurring, then I'll have to keep poking them.

Thank you very much :)

@irrumatios I said it was a massive troll-comment because anyone and their mothers know that in immunity defensive proc's don't proc. That is not the issue at all. Even when I didnt use it my Purify proc'ed alot less than hers. That's the point. The only point.

You are also missing that I've said (in the vid) that I haven't played mystic in ages and obviously, as the fights progressed, the control over the pets went alot better. It's easy for people that play the same class every day, obviously. In the beginning, due to my knowledge that the pets are bugged anyways, I didn't even plan on using them at all because seeing the delay and stun not working would make me angry. It did.

You can believe me that I would appriciate it alot if I could spawn Devil and he instantly runs of to stun and does so no matter the range between me and the enemy. Then I would try to pay more attention to them.

PS: I have no problem with being wrong. I only have a problem with luck being not on my side and all the more on the enemies side :D
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • blazerboy
    Lmfao and RNG Gods have spoken
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Hello!

The pet stun has been bugged and sent to them, but them seem to be unable to reproduce this even after ten times. I did provide them a video of this behavior, so I'm not sure what I'll need to do to explain this better. I'll probably have to poke them again.

Also, yes, please provide a video of this (the purify) as well!

Are they trying to reproduce in the open world? It works fine in nw and some instances.