Archer or Assassin

kingkorax1
kingkorax1 Posts: 6 Arc User
Hello everyone!
I haven't played in a while and felt like coming back, however, I have an assassin and an archer both at same gear level (g16), but I want to choose one to go further. The thing is: I like both playing styles equally. With this thing of g17 weapons and the fact archers can get GoF now, I wanted to know:

1) Does GoF make a big difference in archers?
2) If I was to play one of them and go for a g17 3rd cast weapon (to begin with), which of the two would be better?

I wanted to choose the one that would deal more damage overall, but I havent seen any archer with GoF yet.

Thanks all!

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Assassin is better at this point in the game. Archers just complain about their class all the time.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Archer is probably your best bet. Assassin is only a few months (maybe weeks) away from getting smashed with the nerfbat. I think people are hugely underestimating how big of a nerf is coming their way. In isolation the nerf to Tidal Protection doubles its downtime, but PWI is a game of lifelines (apo/genie/sin ulti). The current downtime of 30 seconds can easily be bridged by those lifelines, and it can reduce the time in which a sin is truly vulnerable to 5 seconds, if not removing it completely. Adding 30 seconds to the cooldown wud shift it from 5 seconds to 35 seconds, since the amount of lifelines remains unchanged, that would mean their vulnerability gets multiplied by 7. Ofcourse the math on that is completely sucked out of my thumb since you have to take far too many variables into account to get an accurate number but that's my take on it at least.

Considering most sins have adopted the terrible playstyle of playing melee burst class with full tank build, because they are solely concerned about survival despite playing a melee assassin, I imagine we're gonna have a lot of assassins just afking on the sideline during xTW/TW waiting for their tidal to come back, rather than fight in their increased risk enviroment. So it may not be too noticable to everyone else besides the assassins themselves.

Archer on the other hand is a strong class, has always been a strong class, will probably always be a strong class. You'll just have to accept the reality that you shouldn't 1v1 people and tank their damage with ur face, and instead play more reserved n have other people tank the damage for you.
  • laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Even with nerf coming i still think sin is better. Only class i can see overtaking them is DB. Problem with sin is not their tidal, ya its a factor but its mostly their damage. A sin that stealth spark combo is so lethal its not even funny, sin has paralyze now so cant faith your best bet is AD and after that then what? Back on my server some sins do pvp w/o tidal just for a more competitive feel.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I think the main strength of sins is that you cant purge them, making them more tanky than they should be for their damage, meaning they can focus more energy on offense since they can afford to reglect a lot of their defense. The tidal change should impact that by quite a lot.
  • darkfalconknight
    darkfalconknight Posts: 13 Arc User
    i wouldnt bother with archer anymore, what most of these dingdongs dont say is that due to the passives from primal has significantly nerfed the archer to where they are totally useless less ya go for pve on em only. Your only best bet is to roll a seeker, db or sb. Psys are also an option too since they hit hard. Otherwise archers cant 1v1 if it tried to save their hp from getting one shotted.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I wouldn't recommend archer with how it's one of the classes that requires such a high index of gear to be a factor and if your highest achievement before was g16 than you might struggle unless you suddenly have the funds to cash it to greatness. With that being said same can be said about sin it's just preference tbh. @dingo488 personally the nerf imo will force deity/devil sins to rethink their career choices because suddenly you have a realistic mortality rate. No more of this 2 spark from stealth one shot or damn near anyone just because you u can run and get away with it because most of the cc ignores you
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958