G17 Ring

maksim1995
maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
Hey @kalystconquerer#0876
Since you (don't want/can't) answer on that [Charge Rewards Redemption End Changes] thread, I'm gonna create a separate one regarding the issue occured.

Recently you posted this spoiler showing us a new way of crafting G17 (2nd cast) Ring:
Hr7icfc.png

Personally, I wasn't aware of y'all bringing this exclusive option 3-4 months after Neverfall patch and basically creating a gear gap among players AGAIN...
In this way the only thing you need to farm arena for is that basic 7sypGL3.pngStar's Culmination Ring + use any of these Lt89lad.pngGjADSG8.png and there's your brand new G17 (2nd cast) ring, while in my case (having 1st cast/tier ring) I need WlDDD1d.pngArigora Coin (x15.000) to go for an upgrade, which is like 4-6 months of farming arena every week...

My question is, can we (affected players who crafted 1st G17 cast ring at Katrina Starblaze NPC) get items/compensation required for 2nd cast from you guys which is one of these options:

WlDDD1d.pngArigora Coin (x15.000)

VjlfLf8.pngArcstar Dust: Truth (x375)
UMcpPHE.pngArcstar Dust: Mind (x50)

7sypGL3.pngStar's Culmination Ring
Cf5O1Od.pngReawakening VI Finger Bead

I already had a chat with Support team and they are not really willing to help with this..
Waiting for your response, thank you. :/

Comments

• barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    For the sake of correctness I'll point out that both routes require Sky Cover, Star's Culimnation Ring and Reawakening VI Finger Bead to get to Starchaser Jade: Wither (the 2nd cast g17 phy+mag ring).

The difference is that the original one also takes 15 000 Arigora coins and 20 mil while the proposed new route asks for 680 Supply Tokens, 55 Seals of War and 99mil.

I'd take the second route any day.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    At first I honestly didn't understand why being second cast was a big deal until I looked at my own ring and was like wait a minute lmfao. Please allow us who made the previous some sort of compensation
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • maksim1995
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    any idea what is needed for the cape ?

cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • maksim1995
    edited July 2017
    I think it's the same way as below, you just need to use ZvIRE5D.pngHeaven Ravager instead of WoA.
    cS2Nxla.png
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    I think it's the same way as below, you just need to use ZvIRE5D.pngHeaven Ravager instead of WoA.
    cS2Nxla.png

How the thats not the case for the ring then ?at least what i can see in the pic
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • cbmelo97
    cbmelo97 Posts: 16 Arc User
    People want compensation for everything...
    This game is very predictable.
    Just have patience instead of doing everything right away, as soon as it is out.
  • maksim1995
    cbmelo97 wrote: »
    Just have patience instead of doing everything right away, as soon as it is out.

What I was predicting is them bringing an option to use NW rings to craft G17 like it's supposed to be, (NW to 1st cast), but not the 2nd one, since NW/Fingerbead Ring are both G16...
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    cbmelo97 wrote: »

What I was predicting is them bringing an option to use NW rings to craft G17 like it's supposed to be, (NW to 1st cast), but not the 2nd one, since NW/Fingerbead Ring are both G16...

You will still need a Fingerbead for the nw path if you want magical and physical defense from refines.

Both ways require almost the same amount of mats. Both ways require months of farming.

Whats different? One path requires nothing more than farming arena while the other one requires farming nw and less arena + a higher coin fee.

I guess you are confused with the stages if you think you can just skip the Fingerbead while using the nw path.

Thats what you get with nw path (only pdef OR mdef from refines ) -> Starhunter Jade: Howl
    Thats what you get after upgrading with Fingerbead (pdef AND mdef from refines) -> Starchaser Jade: Wither

In short: No, you dont need any compensation. Both ways require farming and before you say you can easily buy nw mats....you can buy arena coins as well. Just because noone does it on your server doesnt mean you need some kind of compensation.
  • barbarossa#7822
    padautz17 wrote: »
    Both ways require months of farming.
    Nah, one requires one weekend in NW and a trip to catshops with Seals of War. The other *actually* requires months of farming. We're not talking 2-3 months, we're talking 7-9. And that's because ...
    Both ways require farming and before you say you can easily buy nw mats....you can buy arena coins as well. Just because noone does it on your server doesnt mean you need some kind of compensation.
    Have *you* actually tried buying them? I have a feeling you haven't. Try and let us know how it goes ;)

• maksim1995
    You will still need a Fingerbead for the nw path if you want magical and physical defense from refines.

Both ways require almost the same amount of mats. Both ways require months of farming.

Whats different? One path requires nothing more than farming arena while the other one requires farming nw and less arena + a higher coin fee.

I guess you are confused with the stages if you think you can just skip the Fingerbead while using the nw path.

Thats what you get with nw path (only pdef OR mdef from refines ) -> Starhunter Jade: Howl
    Thats what you get after upgrading with Fingerbead (pdef AND mdef from refines) -> Starchaser Jade: Wither

In short: No, you dont need any compensation. Both ways require farming and before you say you can easily buy nw mats....you can buy arena coins as well. Just because noone does it on your server doesnt mean you need some kind of compensation.

I actually have 1st cast of (green) g17 ring and I used fingerbead ring to craft that so don't teach me pls, thank you. New path is still waaaaaaaay easier to get and yeah, it's 2nd cast instead of 1st one which is 15.000 Arigora Coins, gg. :) Talking about fee, its 40m. - new path compared to 35m. old crafting path, what a big difference. :D

• padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Nah, one requires one weekend in NW and a trip to catshops with Seals of War.

First of all we are talking about "farming" the rings - that doesnt include "a trip to catshops" to begin with. Its just an option to speed the whole process up. One trip of NW? Okay...lets see what you need for the nw rings:

-Supply Tokens x680
    -Seal of War x 55
    -100m fee

You need around 680 + 55x 50 = 3430 Supply Token. Okay buddy, show me how you get 3430 Supply Tokens with "one weekend in NW" D: . Hint: more than 2 clients are not allowed anyway since its against the ToS.

Have *you* actually tried buying them? I have a feeling you haven't. Try and let us know how it goes ;)

Of course not, i am not stupid. It was crystal clear that we get a way to upgrade nw rings to g17. Why would i let my ring go to waste and start farming a new one if i can just upgrade my current one a few months later?! Sounds stupid. Besides that i am a farmer, not a cash shopper. I dont take the easy route and buy my way to the top. But again: i said you can buy the coins and its not pwi's problem that noone on your server sells them. The option is there but noone is using it so far. One of the reasons might be that its still too new for most people and that the arena isnt as popular as nw. Sure but still...you can buy coins. What kind of compensation do you expect? Get coins or mats back just because you cant buy the arena coins (new content) as cheap as nw mats (old content) ? What will happen if people start selling coins for a very low price? Do you want compensation because you used the nw path and the old path with arena coins is cheaper now?....

I actually have 1st cast of (green) g17 ring and I used fingerbead ring to craft that so don't teach me pls, thank you. New path is still waaaaaaaay easier to get and yeah, it's 2nd cast instead of 1st one which is 15.000 Arigora Coins, gg. :) Talking about fee, its 40m. - new path compared to 35m. old crafting path, what a big difference. :D

You dont want me to teach you about the rings and yet you only talk bullsht D: .
    35m fee? Alright, lets do some math:

old path:
    Starhunter Jade = 10m fee
    Starchaser Jade: Quake = 10m fee
    Starchaser Jade: Wither = 20m fee

That makes 40m coins.

new path:
    -Seal of War x 55 = 55x 1.3125m = 72,1875m fee
    -upgrade to nw ring = 100m fee
    -upgrade to g17 = 20m fee

That makes NOT 35m, NOT even 40m, NOPE, it makes 192,1875m fee.

But hey... who am i tell that right? I mean noone has to teach mister "op smart ****", mister "i know everything better" xD.

Lets face the truth, buddy - you are just blinded by your own selfishness. You just see what you paid and ignore what mats and coins you need for the nw path just because you are butt.hurt. You want to make it sound like you lost a lot just to get some kind of compensationo which ...like i said you dont need.
  • maksim1995
    edited July 2017
    But hey... who am i tell that right? I mean noone has to teach mister "op smart ****", mister "i know everything better" xD.
    Wow, your tone seems to be very pointed right now :D:D Never told "i know everything" but okay, let it be if you want so, thank you :D

• barbarossa#7822
    First of all we are talking about "farming" the rings - that doesnt include "a trip to catshops" to begin with. Its just an option to speed the whole process up. One trip of NW? Okay...lets see what you need for the nw rings:

-Supply Tokens x680
    -Seal of War x 55
    -100m fee

You need around 680 + 55x 50 = 3430 Supply Token. Okay buddy, show me how you get 3430 Supply Tokens with "one weekend in NW" D: . Hint: more than 2 clients are not allowed anyway since its against the ToS.
    Nah, *we* are not talking about farming the rings. *You* are talking about farming the rings because otherwise your argument falls apart. *We* are talking about getting the rings by whatever means possible, farming was only mentioned because you really can't buy Arigora Coins at the moment.

I'll bite, though, buddy ;) 3430 Tokens, 700 Tokens per weekend, for me that's 5 weeks of farming. 15000 Arigora Coins, in my case around 400 per week, that's 37.5 weeks. Even if somebody is getting 1000 Coins per week it's still 15 weeks. See the difference?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Only important question for me is: Are the NW upgraded G17 Rings trade-able like Star's Destiny and Moon's Embrace? If not, I can ignore them.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    If you farm everything 100% without taking time and resources into consideration but only look at actual crafting fee then yes the arigora way is the cheapest.
    If you buy all materials (and dont farm any) i could imagine the arigora coins becoming the more expensive path, but thats just a guess as nobody is buying/selling arigora coins yet so we dont know their prices.

Even if we wouldnt get a NW path (i honestly didnt really believe it myself) i still think going to craft materials already were a terrible mistake:
    Everybody that seriously consider making the high tier colosseum gear should have put thoughts into how they are going to craft it and doing some research on the arigora coins. If you did, you would know higher tier materials for a higher tier ring requires your personal score (in a squad) to be at a minimum, depends on the materials. This means higher tier materials requires higher score, as well as more arigora coins ofc.
    If you know this, it should be common knowledge that IF you were to buy arigora materials from other players, the most expensive materials (per 1 arigora coin) are the higher tier ones, not to mention harder to find and buy. You should be using your own arigora coins for the harder ones, as the easier ones youll be able to buy from other players.
    Set a shop so that people that usually dont do arena would feel like doing it because they can earn coins by selling materials to your shop. Their score will most likely be low and will only have access to lower tiers materials.
    Anyone that crafted the first tier materials with their coins already just tells me their gear is bad and needed the low tier ring and will work their way slowly up, OR just were going to farm everything in the first place. Changing your mind is not a reason to give compensation.
    Apologies if my words were harsh.
  • maksim1995
    edited July 2017
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Only important question for me is: Are the NW upgraded G17 Rings trade-able like Star's Destiny and Moon's Embrace? If not, I can ignore them.

8o3IBE3.png

They are not.
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Apologies if my words were harsh.

It's okay, thanks for your opinion regarding this.
    I still have my Star's Destiny here, that's why I started this discussion, don't want it to lay in my bank.

• jsxshadow
    I already sold 5k Arigora coins for 50k myself and that's a good deal imho. The ring is (unless at least 3rd recast) not worth the effort, same goes for the robe.

If anyone on Dawnglory needs coins..once I get more I can sell them again. OFC if demand rises I can sell them for 100k each too :D I am way too busy in rl to waste my time with such minor upgrades for a single character...same with glyphs. During x2 I bought all the lvl4 needed for the lvl5 glyphs for 30m each (for my SB) and saved myself a ton of time. ~50 hours or 500m? Easy choice.

You know the point in which the rings really become significant? If you have 2x max upgrade Pdef/Mdef rings with near max stats. That's worth it. Until then I don't see why anyone should bother with them at all.
  • shopcheese
    edited July 2017
    Whenever or not they are worth crafting is a whole different story!

If you buy ALL arigora coins (excluding 100 for making the basic ring) at a price of 50k each, getting the 2nd last version would cost 6bil and 50mil coin. Add exactly 10bil coin on top of that to upgrade to the final version.
    Not taking into consideration whenever some materials will be more worth it than others.This is excluding crafting fees and fingerbead cost.

Worth it? I wonder...

Also do you wanna know how much NW path would save you in money @ 50k each arigora coin?
    Around 1.3bil coin, if all supply tokens are farmed
  • maksim1995
    You know the point in which the rings really become significant? If you have 2x max upgrade Pdef/Mdef rings with near max stats. That's worth it. Until then I don't see why anyone should bother with them at all.
    You can only craft G17 ring once, not twice.

• jsxshadow
    You can only craft G17 ring once, not twice.

Are you sure? I don't see anything indicating that xD
  • shopcheese
    @jsxshadow originally thought you were refering to a combination of the arena ring and the r9r ring as its also a mdef+pdef
    but yes, its only once per char

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/54991

you basically trade in 100 coins for a ticket for the basic ring, a one-time quest.
  • jsxshadow
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @jsxshadow originally thought you were refering to a combination of the arena ring and the r9r ring as its also a mdef+pdef
    but yes, its only once per char

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/54991

you basically trade in 100 coins for a ticket for the basic ring, a one-time quest.

Oh, yeah I was wondering where the quest part would be xD gg. Thanks for clarification.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    i will wait to be on boutique, just like they did with g17 mats for weapon :)
  • maksim1995
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    aint you need 2200 colosseum rank to craft the final version ? How many people will be able to get that anways?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You only need 2k points for the top rated mat. Not 2.2k​​
  • xcybershot
    xcybershot Posts: 17 Arc User
    Only XD 2/3 arnt able to get more then 1800 points and g16 ppl arnt doing cuz there get rekt