Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 07/11/2017 - 11 PM PST]

Comments

• wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    General - so what's this about instances not being open? I'm seeing DH, UP and FLS - what is the error you're getting? If this is a more widespread issue, I'll need to send off an email about it and see if we can get a fix.

Everybody talking about it on Tideswell (and probably every) wc.
    (It is pretty much widespread)

Tried FSD.
    The pop up saying it opened does appear.
    NPCs do not spawn after bosses.
    Toad doesnt spawn when kissed. (Need to kill a statue)
    Pretty much like when you forget to open.
    Only reward possible is the 8 coins for killing the 3 bosses.

Heard FSJ stops at Mushi due to it not being opened.
  • laluna1990
    laluna1990 Posts: 53 Arc User
    Allot people wrote me that NPC's are missing, like wildz22 already wrote, and this problem isnt just in Flowsilver Palace ... every "High level" Instace exept Dawnlight Halls got issuses like that. Also the Action Stones are bugged. They dont give Active Points after using.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    So here it what seems to be happening.
    NPC do not have quest to open instance for the D and J mods in DH or FS
    TT has the issues can't open the instances to modes so the bosses don't show. (Word of mouth)
    AEU (Only know about bushes.) Can't complete it because No NPCs
    I haven't tried or heared about Luna, Warsong or EU as of yet.

Hope fix is incoming soon, I have limited play time today. Thanks and good luck!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2017
    Alright so an update - we will be doing a reboot of the servers on all servers and this should restore the NPC's and their quests! I'll be heading back in after the reboot to check FSP myself - should the other NPC's still be borked please let me know!

EDIT : So this might be a potentially bigger issue - we'll be calling the engineers in BJ to see what's what. I will keep you all posted!
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    In future can you make a comment on the main maintenance post about specific server maintenance i.e like the one on Dawnglory right now.

The last time this occurred it was only on the french and German forums of arc which this special maintenance was noted on, even though the main server language is actually English.

Points this time for have a post on the English forums this time. But can you not just have it mentioned in the weekly general maintenance post so that it's easier to spot. As these special maintenance are not expected and rarely looked for specifically each week to see if our server will be down more than the others.
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    @metamorphasis Actually no, I run checks, China does theirs I head to bed. Checks don't just involve boutique checks it's actually a myriad of things - we used to have a lot longer list, but some of those duties are passed to China. I feel like we've talked about this before, but we check things like item send tool, do disbursements for any characters that need them (due to game bugs, contests promos etc.) spawn NPCs, and CN handles the nitty gritty stuff like character creation, basic functionality etc.

And now I'm back in the office because of a Network Maintenance. So...forgive me for the short sounding reply but I'm not operating on full sleep. I don't "go to the bar", because I drive myself to and from work for maint.

General - so what's this about instances not being open? I'm seeing DH, UP and FLS - what is the error you're getting? If this is a more widespread issue, I'll need to send off an email about it and see if we can get a fix.

@tek1nig So I got an email back - looks like that character limit can be updated and doesn't (?) sound like it needs a patch. I could be wrong so I'll poke for more details on what they exactly mean by "we just need to update x thing in the client" (paraphrasing)

Is 120 characters long enough?

So far its happening server wide on Twilight Temple, and from this thread other servers like Etherblade. There is no error, the npcs do not open the instance or give anyone the quests. Active stones for active points are right-clicked and disappear yet do not give you active points...I understand you have checks, but it seems you've missed the major instances that the majority of the server plays...seems a bit redundant. Any ETA on the reboot?
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Any ETA on update?

Edit: I apologize if you took it personally, was not my intention. I am aware that there are checks, simply hard to understand from our perspective how such huge issues were missed. Of course, we aren't privy to everything that goes on as well...
  • cbmelo97
    cbmelo97 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Active points from Action Stone aren't working either.... @kalystconquerer#0876
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    Server takes a few hours to restart :D
  • sensualsoul
    Any ETA on the restart of the servers? Would love a heads up so I'm not in the middle of something that would time out. Thanks.
  • braelynskye
    braelynskye Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Fix the darn action points stones I lost 4 before I found out they are broken (Twilight Temple )
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I have copy and pastes of my old world chat recruitment messages and yes 120 characters is basically a complete sentence.

Taking into account the new linking I referenced in my post I would suggest approximately 140 character limit so the feature can be fully functional as well as players being able to add a word or 2.

Example:

Hey Guys I need Help! FactionX is QuestBlocking
    The Western Steppes * Neverfall * Paladin’s Square * (365, 585)

In this example there are exactly 127 Characters leaving a good 13 characters remaining for defining parameters such as color of the link (White), and making it clickable.

140 Characters Seems Perfect. Some testing should be done because some places especially in the new world have a bit longer names. But I am Certain 140 should be perfect.

LETS DO THIS @kalystconquerer#0876 monkey-35.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sensualsoul
    Thanks so much for the heads up on WHEN you were doing the restart on the server...<--sarcasm D:<
  • wildz2
    edited July 2017
    Thanks so much for the heads up on WHEN you were doing the restart on the server...<--sarcasm D:<

Well, to be fair, im pretty sure no one was in a high instance run when it shut down
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 573 Arc User
    Yeah nice random shut down in the middle of DDH..

Any info on it? Is it a restart? Rollback? Time duration it will be offline? PWI is becoming a private server with no or little information being given.
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • wildz2
    sontzu wrote: »
    wildz2 wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, im pretty sure no one was in a high instance run when it shut down

Some friends of mine were in jdh, actually

Yeah my bad, someone said DH down too.

Thought it was
  • thewacko
    thewacko Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    To all those QQing about the randomness of the shutdown, it was stated that they would be going down (altho they didn't mention when they would be). And can we get an update as to when the servers will be coming back on @kalystconquerer#0876?​​
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    An absent note sent to all characters if this sadly is a severe issue that takes all day. I'd be sad needing to spend 10 mil on notes just to not miss a day..
  • wingdeath6
    wingdeath6 Posts: 61 Arc User
    Double Maintanence Fantastic yall doing great running the game ~thumbs up~
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    It may not had been their fault. Do know they aren't the ones that make the patches, it comes from China.
  • laluna1990
    laluna1990 Posts: 53 Arc User
    :D Time for reallife and time to wait until it work, be glad that they atleast try to solve the issuses.
  • nhatzkie
    nhatzkie Posts: 5 Arc User
    B) hoping for any new code as compensation B)
  • mysttsym
    mysttsym Posts: 8 Arc User
    any update about the issue with the faction icons
  • braelynskye
    braelynskye Posts: 2 Arc User
    Servers are back up but my action pills still dont work so now thats 5 wasted and no action points
  • sensualsoul

To be fair...some people were doing badge run, 12 mirages to open. Some where doing other things too that have to now be restarted.
  • sensualsoul
    Was just told every instance is still broken? D: Come on guys really?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

To be fair...some people were doing badge run, 12 mirages to open. Some where doing other things too that have to now be restarted.

sent ticket for refund 12 mirages
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 132 Arc User
    Kinda back on topic. That first screenshot kinda confirms same sex interactions are on the way. Not to mention that's actually a sitting embrace there, which makes me wonder what other types will be added. No longer shall we be limited to just picking up someone and kissing, or nuzzling/petting if in animal form. Makes me wonder if same sex marraiges will be coming with that too. Would make it so much easier to not have to worry about having to get a sex change scroll just to be with your partner, unless you wanted to, or having to use an alt to marry someone if your main isn't the right sex. On another note, does the screenshot with the many chickens following a person mean we'll be able to have multiple pets out at the same time? That also would be quite interesting to see, especially if you can mix different types of pets like battle with cosmetic ones or even mounts.
  • sensualsoul
    Anything about when you guys will fix all the broken stuff? I mean you have had all day now. D:
  • de4dp00l#1332
    de4dp00l#1332 Posts: 7 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 just curious as this has been brought up from many of my friends the picture of 2 female characters hugging each other in Chicken suits ..... will that be a thing will fem and fem be able to hug?
This discussion has been closed.