[PSA] Charge Rewards Redemption End Changes

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2017 in Official Announcements
Hello PWI players!

We regret to inform you that due to some technical difficulties on our backend, the Charge Rewards Redemption end time that was set on the 12th at 11:59 PM PST, will be changed to ending TODAY, July 5th at 10:30 PM PST. This will also impact the previously stated end of of the Reward Points accumulation time.

To make things a little simpler, this is how it will look-
Current : Rewards Points End: Wednesday, July 5th 2017 (11:59PM PDT)
Rewards Points Redemption End: Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 (11:59PM PDT)

Updated : Rewards Points End: Wednesday, July 5th 2017 (10:30PM PDT)
Rewards Points Redemption End: Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 (10:30PM PDT)

The current EN blogpost will be updated with this new information as well as a notice at the bottom of the post for why this change has occurred.

We'll be keeping you posted with any planned resolutions for unused points from this charge rewards promotion.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

UPDATE!

All the points that players had leftover unspent points have now been credited to your account!

-The PWI Team
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
Tagged:

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    edited July 2017
    With that being said, please accept this spoiler as my apologies for the inconvenience -

u3t0tcfg14xw.png
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Timing on this is pretty scary:(...closes eye's.

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    With that being said, please accept this spoiler as my apologies for the inconvenience -

u3t0tcfg14xw.png

hmm first or 2nd stage ring?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    btctbbymwlom.png

Looks to be the second stage of the ring, as far as I can tell from checking against the Arigora NPC.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    I owe a apology, Seems to not be so scary lol:)
  • evan1987
    evan1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi kaly o:)

Not sure if this is part of the technical difficulties..

For some reason the rewards page says that it has an active rewards campaign.
    I dont think it is accurate since there is no news about it (besides the one you guys updated the dates that already ended)

Time remaining to earn Reward Points: 7 days 12 hours 38 mins 5 secs
    Time remaining to spend Reward Points: 12 days 12 hours 38 mins 5 secs

I charged and it didnt gave me points, so its either a problem giving the points or ..
    it isnt really active even tho the rewards page says its active.

b:victory
  • minhtriet359#2297
    minhtriet359#2297 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Oh please don't make that ring upgrade exist. That's unfair for people who already worked hard and spent their arigora coins to upgrade the ring !!
    Post edited by minhtriet359#2297 on
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    TY kaly, thats pretty cool.
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    This notice came way too late for some of us. We all assumed the usual 1 week after earning period. We don't always check the forums and the notice was tacked on at the end of the news page, which means we don't even see it clearly should we use the rewards link on the relevant news page.

Imagine our shock when we log on the day after the maintenance, after work to find the ending date has been changed to the day before, rather than a week later. That is a lot of charge points lost.
  • powermunger56
    powermunger56 Posts: 5 Arc User
    before this was posted i didn't even know charge rewards where going on so have to say ty for this warning which got me my 10* orbs :)
  • msbehaven
    msbehaven Posts: 25 Arc User
    This in no way helps or reimburses the ppl that use a Solar Slaughter ring ?
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    Kaly, when u gonna next update faction icons please. Some on Etherblade need updating!
    Thanks <3
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @msbehaven no, solar ring is used for the pdef+mdef version of arena ring.
    You should see this as reimbursement for the NW rings upgrade cost only. Not their refinement.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    What can the necklaces become? Please tell me it's g17 can you find out @kalystconquerer#0876
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    What can the necklaces become? Please tell me it's g17 can you find out @kalystconquerer#0876

It's G16 necklace you see on that pic, i'm sure they won't bring g16 to g17 necklace option xD well, maybe in future, idk
  • blazerboy
    edited July 2017
    @maksim1995 still a nice option to have. I'm curious about the neck or is this just an addition to the normal NW forge perhap? Still a side upgrade option from the ravager cape and ppl who have star destiny is very much welcomed I am curious about the other tabs :o
  • maksim1995
    edited July 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @maksim1995 still a nice option to have. I'm curious about the neck or is this just an addition to the normal NW forge perhap? Still a side upgrade option from the ravager cape and ppl who have star destiny is very much welcomed I am curious about the other tabs :o

It's just an addition, these tabs you see on a screenshot are from Nation Wars forge, so I guess they just adding G17 items to Access. tab. Thing is, using NW forge gives you a 2nd ring cast instead of 1st one which I find very unfair for players who went for G17 ring (1st cast) at Katrina Starblaze (Arena) NPC. :/ Just my thoughts..
    R.I.P. 15k coins :|

• blazerboy
    @maksim1995 I see where you're coming from and thanks for clarifying that still I like the idea for older players
  • danilo#7359
    danilo#7359 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hi, is a  ring Compensation for who lost the bônus points ?
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer can you show if possible the name of any of the Cape/Robe Upgrade tiger-46.gif​​
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • maksim1995
    @kalystconquerer can you show if possible the name of any of the Cape/Robe Upgrade tiger-46.gif​​

Yes please @kalystconquerer#0876
  • danilo#7359
    danilo#7359 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Any News? Or will pwi let this behind, and who bought gold disadvantaged?
  • adrianleepwi
    adrianleepwi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    > @kalystconquerer#0876 said:
    > Hello PWI players!
    >
    > We regret to inform you that due to some technical difficulties on our backend, the Charge Rewards Redemption end time that was set on the 12th at 11:59 PM PST, will be changed to ending TODAY, July 5th at 10:30 PM PST. This will also impact the previously stated end of of the Reward Points accumulation time.
    >
    >
    > To make things a little simpler, this is how it will look-
    > Current : Rewards Points End: Wednesday, July 5th 2017 (11:59PM PDT)
    > Rewards Points Redemption End: Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 (11:59PM PDT)
    >
    > Updated : Rewards Points End: Wednesday, July 5th 2017 (10:30PM PDT)
    > Rewards Points Redemption End: Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 (10:30PM PDT)
    >
    >
    > The current EN blogpost will be updated with this new information as well as a notice at the bottom of the post for why this change has occurred.
    >
    > We'll be keeping you posted with any planned resolutions for unused points from this charge rewards promotion.
    >
    > We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
    >
    > -The PWI Team

Will there be a way for players like me (who purchased and lost the reward points) to get the rewards offered during that period? Because there are players like me who only wanted the rewards offered during that period and is at a lost now because the rewards page is now changed. Even if the lost points were restored back to players, there will still be a lost, because some players only purchased enough reward points to redeem a specific reward only offered during that period.

I really hope PWI give us a chance to get the rewards we wanted to redeem during that period, otherwise, its a lost of money to players like me because I only charged Zen for the rewards offered during that period. If there will be no way to get those specific rewards when the points are restored, it's still a big lost.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    So, how will you handle the players that already crafted the 1st cast of the ring because we no longer have the basic ring? We can't upgrade our bound star's destiny now without it? Will there be a way to uncraft our existing rings for the basic ring and the coins back?
    Thanks
  • maksim1995
    edited July 2017
    bangbang wrote: »
    So, how will you handle the players that already crafted the 1st cast of the ring because we no longer have the basic ring? We can't upgrade our bound star's destiny now without it? Will there be a way to uncraft our existing rings for the basic ring and the coins back?
    Thanks

@kalystconquerer#0876 @bangbang ^this. I already contacted Support team and their answer was something I was expecting for tbh, like really. :D Basically they refuse to give all the required mats to craft 2nd cast from 1st one, neither they want to send Arigora Coins or Star's Culmination (Basic) Ring / Fingerbead Item back.
  • metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    Can we get a hover on that magic ring too xD? u know for us lowly AAs...
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    These bandaid fixes... Am I understanding this right? Those who used Mortal|Solar Slaughter|Manifestation or Fingerbead and got their 1st cast g17 rings are looking at months of arena to gather the materials required for 2nd cast, while in the meantime others can get it basically at the cost of a Star's Destiny, Fingerbead and some coin?
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    These bandaid fixes... Am I understanding this right? Those who used Mortal|Solar Slaughter|Manifestation or Fingerbead and got their 1st cast g17 rings are looking at months of arena to gather the materials required for 2nd cast, while in the meantime others can get it basically at the cost of a Star's Destiny, Fingerbead and some coin?

What kind of compensation do you expect? You just bought the ring/fingerbead, farmed arena for months and upgraded it while people with star destiny/moons embrace had to farm nw for months to get their rings as well and get a way now to upgrade them to g17 too. Seems to be fair. Boths have to farm months for the same ring :/.

Side note: i assume you people are just salty because you rushed the content, sold your star destiny/moon embrace and realize now that it wasnt needed - most likely even double effort since you might have farmed the nw rings as well before you sold it for a fingerbead.

Lets just compare:
    you pay for a sky cover + fingerbead + some time farming + fee (30mio) while others have
    to pay for sky cover + fingerbead + some time farming + fee (172mio minimum).

30mio fee vs 172m fee :/
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You can buy Seals of War, you can't buy the Colosseum materials. In my case it's the difference between around 9 months of farming Colosseum (slogging in the 1600+ bracket) and one weekend of NW + around 250mil for SoWs and crafting fee.

EDIT: I'm not asking for compensation. The first solution that comes to mind would be an upgrade path from 1st to 2nd cast that uses Star's Destiny (or SoW and NW tokens).
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    You can buy colosseum materials. Trade ratio is 1:2 unlike homestead materials thats 1:4.

"Nobody selling"? Well i havent actually seen anybody try buying either. If people actually would try make a market out of it, you might see the arena more alive as well.
This discussion has been closed.