Quiting: why, and suggestions

Options
glay4fun
glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
Hello, all. I've been playing since 2009. Most of my free time was spend on PWI. There were times when i had fun and had the feeling of achievment. I decided to try my luck to reach my goals, it was a all or noting that got out of hand really quick. I wanted CoM really badly and since the demand is hudge often when ppl get it they dont sell or sell to a friend. So i gathered all my coins and just went for it. Did alot of hard work gathering the coins. Soon i came to realize that i have poped around 40k packs. Wich is around 40bil coins. I did get stuff from packs that covered around 20bil of that but 20bil was lost. Once i did the math it didnt make me happy, becouse i could have gotten 10com or so for the coin that i lost. I know a few ppl that opened less than half of that and got multiple CoM and SoT while all i got was machless wings. It would be really awesome if someone could explain where did i go wrong or my luck just sucks that much. I figured maybe my IP isnt lucky or i play in a timezone with lower drop rates, i really dont know. So any heads ups would be very apreciated.

About the tips.

Only open packs when you have extra coins that you dont have what to spend on or when you are very very lucky.
Always keep in mind that you will mostlikelly LOSE, do it just for the what ifs and not for profit becouse you may get as dissapointed as i am and not like this game so much. I enoyed this game right until i started opening packs, and ofc the NP issue didnt help atall >.>
Good ways to make coins is Roll maximum ammount of toons that you can have in an acc. Use them to do Jolly Jones quests and get decent coins (i bet you can find a tutorial for this no prob). When you have plenty of coins lvl to 100 and ra then lvl to 100 again on as many toons as you can and do BH/FSP with those toons. Also try to attend NW, its good coin for good fun, win win :).
When gearing your toon just do the math. Go for the best price/efficiency stuff first and always have a blessing. Going for r9 when you have B cards and just hit 101 without any ra is allmost as good an idea as going CoM+WoA+Emp on lvl 100 toon with full g16 (first and second idea suck in case u didnt notice >.>) Count what you get from a gear peace how much it costs and if you can get something better for it.
Also do daily quests for bloods and starchart items and sky lvl as much as you can. Without passives / sky lvl / decent starchart / card set your a 1 hit to average players even if you go full r9 +10. Dont forget that.

Ill linger around for a few days saying goodbie to my friends, and i hope you dont ruin your experiance with PWI as i did mine. I got to the point when i woulnt relax playing but it would stress me out even more. I see no point in playing anymore. Try to avoid my mistakes and dont forget that you play to have fun cuz its a game, so just PLAY4FUN :)
The jewel of this game that i often found and lost is the community, THANK YOU ALL for the great years ive spend here.
Cya guys and HF :*

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Well from personal experience and my personal PoV: Be happy you only lost 20b.

If I count in packs and anything chance based you can do in PWI then I can say I at least lost 250b coins compared to what I would have if I didnt try chance-based BS at all. That is since 2009 as well and I gambled alot ._. unfortunately.

It is what it is and I always expected to gain from it just to be kicked in the guts every single time xDD
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Just out of curiosity - when in 2009 did you start playing? Packs were first released in late 2009 (in a "this is totally temporary you guys, really" sort of way), and I would be very surprised to have met a 2009 player who isn't well aware of how they work.

For the uninitiated, let me be as blunt as I can: PWI packs are gambling items and must be compared to the lottery. From any realistic perspective, you will lose money on them, virtually all the time. If you "win" anything that negates the money you spent on them, this is a fluke, and relying on a fluke is an irresponsible use of money by any measure.

Certainly there are some positive side effects for the player base at large - good luck making a flawless shard without the ever-abundant tokens these days - but for the individual, it's always a crapshoot long-term. The only responsible way to use packs is (like with the lottery) dropping coin on one or two with the full understanding that you are throwing that money away, just for giggles basically.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • glay4fun
    Options
    Just out of curiosity - when in 2009 did you start playing? Packs were first released in late 2009 (in a "this is totally temporary you guys, really" sort of way), and I would be very surprised to have met a 2009 player who isn't well aware of how they work.

I played since 2009 but i never said i opened packs back then

For the uninitiated, let me be as blunt as I can: PWI packs are gambling items and must be compared to the lottery. From any realistic perspective, you will lose money on them, virtually all the time. If you "win" anything that negates the money you spent on them, this is a fluke, and relying on a fluke is an irresponsible use of money by any measure.

Ye ik i mentioned that in my post >.>

Certainly there are some positive side effects for the player base at large - good luck making a flawless shard without the ever-abundant tokens these days - but for the individual, it's always a crapshoot long-term. The only responsible way to use packs is (like with the lottery) dropping coin on one or two with the full understanding that you are throwing that money away, just for giggles basically.

I also mention that >.>

But nice to see that ppl agree

• glay4fun
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Well from personal experience and my personal PoV: Be happy you only lost 20b.

If I count in packs and anything chance based you can do in PWI then I can say I at least lost 250b coins compared to what I would have if I didnt try chance-based BS at all. That is since 2009 as well and I gambled alot ._. unfortunately.

It is what it is and I always expected to gain from it just to be kicked in the guts every single time xDD

i lost 20b in 1 year, and thats just from packs, Yesterday i got myself 4 ws cards and i have 4 cards already, id figured i have a decent shot at getting 2 cards or atliest 1. Welp gues what, i got 4 cards that i already have and 1 of them is already ra2 QQ
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Yea. If you want CoM better be patient than thinking you'll get it eventually from packs.
    I been wanting CoM badly too. I bought some packs, because you never know, i could have turned out lucky. I didnt, thats fine and i wouldnt have expected it anyway. Though i think a part of me became patient as well due to my faction were winning xtw helmets. I figured i could just get it eventually from them, it was cheaper and cooler than actual CoM. I was busy with getting other gear first though.

I am a person that always wanted to go full out on my character, but it requires a lot of time. I have alright gear and can be competitive in pvp, but its not maxed. I dont want the gear for actual pvp, but just to be 100% done. If people could see my homestead codex maybe they would understand. Pages of every item crafted fine. Lol.
    However my bf did convince me to get a tourney helmet for the meanwhile. It was a tough decision for me as its not the helmet i wanted to end with and i felt like that was just making my journey longer. But my faction was about to shatter. If people heard about the story when hoorah merged into origin. Heh. Yep, a few weeks before origin exploded i decided to get the tourney helmet.
    I am quitting now as well. I still check forums sometimes and I was online once last week but i really arent interested in playing anymore. I have my reasons, its due to a lot of different people, but barely anyone seems to understand. ^^
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    gear is not everything , how you play is more important , and if gear is so important most player will drop down the ladder and stay inactive , i vote a good play style is more important than gear , and if pwi china make more R9 instance they force player out of game by boredom cause they cant catch up with R9 player and will be rejected to join squad , sad but true , i only see R9 for TW , nation war , not for daily quest and BH , if pwi china continiue make instance, bh harder they will also make stronger gear in future , the **** with no end.
    now where is the fun by make new gear time after time , im all sweat , if your toon cant go , then chroming it , put on museum :'(B)
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    Options
    fededomino wrote: »
    gear is not everything , how you play is more important , and if gear is so important most player will drop down the ladder and stay inactive , i vote a good play style is more important than gear , and if pwi china make more R9 instance they force player out of game by boredom cause they cant catch up with R9 player and will be rejected to join squad , sad but true , i only see R9 for TW , nation war , not for daily quest and BH , if pwi china continiue make instance, bh harder they will also make stronger gear in future , the **** with no end.
    now where is the fun by make new gear time after time , im all sweat , if your toon cant go , then chroming it , put on museum :'(B)

Nope wake up already gear is everything now, if you are GODlike skillwise i really wana see you fighting Full +3 shards NP Ra2 players you would get killed before even show your *way of playing your toon*

As for Luck,as i always say if the luck was a human i would have killed it......sadly the more u relay on luck the more you will hate the game and your self,i was one of the first sins that ever made my r8r set using Faction trials and was one of the first sins to ever set the dream aps build (x2 int on top,x1 on boots),and guess what??? after 2 years of trying my friend wanted to make it for fun ,and got x2 int on top and 1 on boots within 40 try,and i felt bad and quit for almost 1 year and came back to game after,and till today(i think its been +4 years since trials???Nw wasn't even there that time GG) i didn't get it sadly...hopefully soon i will get it xD

all i can really say from my exp....let the luck be ur last option if you really forced to go that path !

cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • glay4fun
    Options
    I am back after a break just to check in. One of the reasons i quit is gambeling and NP ban. Now i see that i missed NP sale and there is even more packs on sale. GG my luck in PWI xD
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    glay4fun wrote: »
    Hello, all. I've been playing since 2009. Most of my free time was spend on PWI. There were times when i had fun and had the feeling of achievment. I decided to try my luck to reach my goals, it was a all or noting that got out of hand really quick. I wanted CoM really badly and since the demand is hudge often when ppl get it they dont sell or sell to a friend. So i gathered all my coins and just went for it. Did alot of hard work gathering the coins. Soon i came to realize that i have poped around 40k packs. Wich is around 40bil coins. I did get stuff from packs that covered around 20bil of that but 20bil was lost. Once i did the math it didnt make me happy, becouse i could have gotten 10com or so for the coin that i lost. I know a few ppl that opened less than half of that and got multiple CoM and SoT while all i got was machless wings. It would be really awesome if someone could explain where did i go wrong or my luck just sucks that much. I figured maybe my IP isnt lucky or i play in a timezone with lower drop rates, i really dont know. So any heads ups would be very apreciated.

About the tips.

Only open packs when you have extra coins that you dont have what to spend on or when you are very very lucky.
    Always keep in mind that you will mostlikelly LOSE, do it just for the what ifs and not for profit becouse you may get as dissapointed as i am and not like this game so much. I enoyed this game right until i started opening packs, and ofc the NP issue didnt help atall >.>
    Good ways to make coins is Roll maximum ammount of toons that you can have in an acc. Use them to do Jolly Jones quests and get decent coins (i bet you can find a tutorial for this no prob). When you have plenty of coins lvl to 100 and ra then lvl to 100 again on as many toons as you can and do BH/FSP with those toons. Also try to attend NW, its good coin for good fun, win win :).
    When gearing your toon just do the math. Go for the best price/efficiency stuff first and always have a blessing. Going for r9 when you have B cards and just hit 101 without any ra is allmost as good an idea as going CoM+WoA+Emp on lvl 100 toon with full g16 (first and second idea suck in case u didnt notice >.>) Count what you get from a gear peace how much it costs and if you can get something better for it.
    Also do daily quests for bloods and starchart items and sky lvl as much as you can. Without passives / sky lvl / decent starchart / card set your a 1 hit to average players even if you go full r9 +10. Dont forget that.

Ill linger around for a few days saying goodbie to my friends, and i hope you dont ruin your experiance with PWI as i did mine. I got to the point when i woulnt relax playing but it would stress me out even more. I see no point in playing anymore. Try to avoid my mistakes and dont forget that you play to have fun cuz its a game, so just PLAY4FUN :)
    The jewel of this game that i often found and lost is the community, THANK YOU ALL for the great years ive spend here.
    Cya guys and HF :*

Bro dont get me wrong but you have spenden 20 bil for 2 bil item and game is wrong ??? Correct approach : i spend 4 bil on packs no result. So i buy CoM for 2bil and something. Total cost 6 bil in worst case. I would stop at 2 bil for packs. Btw in other thread guys are qq about packs and keys that they are too profitable for that price :smile:
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Gonna be blunt and say expecting to pull a CoM is plain idiotic. The odds are god awful and iirc it was something along lines of 200k packs per CoM.

That being said, I personally usually calculate estimated value of each pack before opening anything. Anything over 25g per 100 packs isnt worth it. Keys being the sole exception. But now that the price of those got increased, I doubt they are worth opening any longer.

If you want a specific item, just buy it. If you just want to gamble, gamble. Packs can be profitable to open but with how saturated markets are after key spam, I dont think there is any reason to open packs right now.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k