Illogical Gank Mentality

tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
I've been noticing a trend on Dawn Glory. I go to fight 1 person 6+ people get involved. Then they get angry and start throwing insults - Because I survived.

An example without names:

Today's pvp session I was fighting a new "PvP only" faction who thus far is only composed of people that gank me. Our fight begins and 1 person a cleric comes to assist me which was pretty nice as I normally pvp alone. Then the Big name faction Tank seeker decides to gank - Fails to kill me with every single one of his sac combos. Then a few more people join and its still 2 v 5. A few moments later of this charm **** battle a sin as strong as me involves himself against me, I know my limits and was not about to sit there with all these tanks attacking me +the addition of another DD.

Instead of them realizing the unfair imbalance of their 6 v 2. They decide to throw insults on my skill and use of mechanics in the game rather than reflect on why they weren't able to kill me even with such unfair gank.

I know people are going to use the old " its because its you you're being ganked". Except it happens to anyone who stands up and fights against the "elitist crew" HOW DARE YOU STAND UP TO OUR NONSTOP TROLLING AND **** TALKING "GANK".

I don't think i'm going to waste my charm anymore pvping the same 2 dozen remaining sets of players. Dawn Glory requires a server merge to the USA otherwise this server's players will continue to dwindle.
​​
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Either deal with the fact that PvP is free game because it's a choice, or don't PvP.
    Or try your luck with support about it being harassment or something.

Other than that, what this game would need is a server transfer option, not another merge.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Either deal with the fact that PvP is free game because it's a choice, or don't PvP.
    Sounds like the gankers should take that advice, rather than OP. Getting mad because you can't successfully gank someone is the problem of the ganker, not the victim, regardless of PvP consent.

OP just wants to understand why they have that mentality, not that he/she wants to avoid it. Obviously OP can handle his/herself.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Sounds like the gankers should take that advice, rather than OP. Getting mad because you can't successfully gank someone is the problem of the ganker, not the victim, regardless of PvP consent.

OP just wants to understand why they have that mentality, not that he/she wants to avoid it. Obviously OP can handle his/herself.
    I know, it was just a general statement.
    The mentality is usually just NO FUN ALLOWED in mmo's.
    That's also why I don't really ever PvP in any game ever. There's bound to be complaints about something, or stupid excuses.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• womack10
    womack10 Posts: 28 Arc User
    THE ganker QQing about gank? Shocking... let's take a look at the average behavior of OP: this is an agreed upon self buffed 1v1 that is being spectated by multiple people and what does he do? Attempts to nuke from stealth @9:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXdG_CqS2c

So let's ask ourselves... Why might this person be getting ganked whenever he leaves safe zone?
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    womack10 wrote: »
    THE ganker QQing about gank? Shocking... let's take a look at the average behavior of OP: this is an agreed upon self buffed 1v1 that is being spectated by multiple people and what does he do? Attempts to nuke from stealth @9:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXdG_CqS2c

So let's ask ourselves... Why might this person be getting ganked whenever he leaves safe zone?

hahaha. Came here to see if things have changed. Nope. Crytheros still qqing over everything.
    NGTUy53.png

• fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    This involve every server. On TT i get ganked at backpack quest by NP class with psy buff on... Sadly but PK is that. Can't even organize some 5v5 or something like that.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    First,Something i would Like to clarify,when you are attacking a player you should *FKING* expect that player to have Friends/faction mates defending him even if its in an unfair way,who the hell would pick you over a friend or a faction mate ????

Second,weeks ago you uploaded a vid 1shooting un-buffed semi afk wiz and made a big deal out of it,thus you are encouraging ppl to farm you for such behavior.

Last,crying for such things will just make ppl do it more,instead learn how to deal with ganks...if you can't you are not forced to stay fighting so.......

cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • tek1nig

Last,crying for such things will just make ppl do it more,instead learn how to deal with ganks...if you can't you are not forced to stay fighting so.......

I'm not sure me surviving and not dying - and me questioning their logic for being angry. Is me crying. - - - Lol ?
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    tek1nig wrote: »

I'm not sure me surviving and not dying - and me questioning their logic for being angry. Is me crying. - - - Lol ?
    ​​

Man lets be *realistic*,if u lost to a def build Db fully buffed,how can you tank more than one ?specially if some of them are deity build XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • tek1nig
    ][/quote]

Man lets be *realistic*,if u lost to a def build Db fully buffed,how can you tank more than one ?specially if some of them are deity build XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD[/quote]

You aren't familiar with this starchart are you. I had a few slip ups which also included getting stuck in the sky so I couldn't counter. So bringing up a 1 v 1 scenario has no relevance on this conversation at all. Especially since the reason for that 1 v 1 was to prove he could not hit me for 50k+ as he had screamed and yelled for 1 hour. 3 matches proved I was right. Moving on -

The reason for this discussion was the following please stop going off topic:

I've been noticing a trend on Dawn Glory. I go to fight 1 person 6+ people get involved. Then they get angry and start throwing insults - Because I survived.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    To be honest, it is hard to attribute who ganks and whatnot. Once a gank happens, there will be retaliation and the cycle goes on. What is more interesting are those who are end-game geared/NP and gets max buffed before stalking through daily zones to get a few kills. Brag about being pro-PKers, but then no-show in PvP events like TW and xTW.