Returning player (been away roughly 2-3 years) with a few questions!

sweetdreamz
sweetdreamz Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Hello! As you have probably guessed from the title, I'm a returing player & I have a few questions to ask!

1. How is the game for new characters? I'm unsure if I should start from scratch or not (I'm not even sure what server I'm on or what chars I have)

2. When I still played the game, I mained a Veno and at the time, you couldn't get parties for dungeon runs etc unless you had a herc. Is this still the same? Because I loved my veno ;;

3. As someone who only likes PvE mainly, what are the gear requirements now a days?

4. If i wanted to, is there anyway to transfer server and have all my gear etc move with me? I had some fash items and stuff before I quit but I wouldn't want to start over on a new server and lose it all.

5. I'm aware that the game may have changed massively in the time I've been away, would it be easy for me to pick up again?

I can't think of anymore questions but any additional tips would be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Comments

• mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    1.) Lvling is easy, there will be some quest you will need help on and cant solo. It will start slowing down in the 60-70's

2.)No,you dont require the herc anymore to get into squads. Venos are very useful for almost all end game things now. Because of Purge/Amp.

3.) Once you get to RB2 lvl 100 , most want G16 gear in the squads for FSJ. FSD, BH's.

4.) No sadly there is no transfer option, your stuff would stay on that server.

5.) For PvE aspects i dont think it would be to hard to pick up again.

Few Veno tips
    If you plan on going just doing PvE on the veno, i would recommend Heavy armor or arcane build.
    Dont worry about grinding to lvl your pets, you can lvl them faster once you hit lvl 100 for the veno daily.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    Welcome back!
    Question 1- I havent made a new toon in awhile, have seen lower levels active making squads for dungeons. Now a days its more easier, can level your skills free of charge and a new system which is jolly jones that offers a good sum of coins for doing a quest. As always factions are here and there willing to accept new peeps.

Question 2- Herc isnt need anymore for dungeons, you need a MONKEY KING! jk xD. A decent pet can do with squads, purge and debuffs are more important to me.

Question 3- I dont know your level so cant really say. If youre level 100+ i recommend g16 gears, level 70-99 TT gears, lower than that i would get some misc gears gears like from dreamchaser chest or something.

Question 4- Currently thats not available.

Question 5- Pve wise yes, get out there and have some fun.

Only real tip i have is to have patience.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Some slightly more in-depth explanations piggy-backing off of what others have said; G16 is obtained by upgrading Nirvana gear, which has to levels: g14 and g15. g14 is made by crafting uncannies (or raptures for weapons) with Lunar or TT 99 gear. g15 is an additional amount of raptures or uncannies with the g14 gear. G16 gear requires molds, basic badges, and essences of offense or defences. EoOs, molds, and badges are all obtained by doing Warsong, while EoDs (and possibly badges as well? Been awhile) are obtained by doing Lunar.

End-game PvE nowadays consists of doing warsong for badges/molds if you're gearing up, Flowsilver palace (which has 2 modes, Deicide and Judgement, the latter being the more difficult but more rewarding one), and Uncharted Paradise. The latter 2 are only available after reawakening, which you can do after reaching lvl 100. You reset your level back to 1, but you get a 4x exp boost until lvl 100, and when you do it a second time you get a 3.5 exp boost. After getting to level 100 for a third time, you can then begin working on you gear, and can start to get Cards, which are another type of gear that give you various stats, and most importantly, spirit.

Besides that, the game is mostly just doing dailies once you reach level 100. You'll unlock a Homestead where you can basically play farmville to get chances at cards, and doing the homestead stuff also allows you to play pokemon with the Pet Arena.
  • sweet3oy
    sweet3oy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Please i neeed help. i'm returning to PWI. i don't have problem to log in, but i don't have my character anyomore. :'(:'(:'(
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    You need to log into the correct servers I think​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    sweet3oy wrote: »
    Please i neeed help. i'm returning to PWI. i don't have problem to log in, but i don't have my character anyomore. :'(:'(:'(

There was server merges like 2 years ago.

Heaven`s Tear -> Etherlbade
    Archosaur -> Etherblade

Sanctuary -> Twilight Temple
    Lost City -> Twilight Temple

Dreamweaver -> Tideswell
    Raging Tides -> Tideswell

Morai -> Dawnglory
    Harshlands -> Dawnglory
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'd also like to suggest joining an active faction, make a big different when you can pop a quick question in chat and usually get a response. Depending on time of day and the faction, of course. Tons of people will be online right before the start of weekly events. And daily reset.
    sage barb best barb
  • braca
    braca Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am also returning player (been asbsent for arround 6 years XD). I forgot almost everything about the game and I would like to start from the beggining.
    So, what server should i choose? I live in Europe. Which servers are PVE and which are PVP?
    Also, any help ingame is welcome :D
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    braca wrote: »
    I am also returning player (been asbsent for arround 6 years XD). I forgot almost everything about the game and I would like to start from the beggining.
    So, what server should i choose? I live in Europe. Which servers are PVE and which are PVP?
    Also, any help ingame is welcome :D

Dawnglory is the EU server and there is no more PvP servers so I`d suggest choosing that one.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k