[Discussion] Flash (Almost) AMA - 6/18/17

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

As you may have seen, I've been super busy this week and haven't been on the forums that much. But I finally have a bit of a breather to sit down and answer some stuff! So I'll be opening up a small semi AMA-like thread just for today. Feel free to drop any questions you have here or links to threads I might have missed over the week!

General Rules

1) Questions about Promos such as the contents of future ones will not be answered
2) Questions about specific account related issues will not be answered (Sun as but not limited to - bans, account hacks, bank password resets etc.) However, if they are more general questions such as "Hi, I charged/spent X money and did not receive y item" then I might be able to help in those situations!
3) Questions about content in the CN version or any future content in their version I can't answer "Hi, I saw x feature in CN, how does it work?"

General Points of Interest :

Twitter account - You may have noticed a new Twitter account has popped up called @AroundTheArcPWE. It will have news, giveaways promos events etc of the following Wanmei games - PWI, FW and SWM on it. Feel free to give it a follow!

If you are following, you may have noticed a Tweet go out about feilding for Podcast topics. Keep your eyes peeled for any further anouncements regarding that!

Pop-Up Shop Event - What are your thoughts on this event? My primary objectives were to inject additional low supply items into the economy and make it a bit fun, howver it put a damper on it a bit when I found a peculiar bug during the first day.

The issue has been sent to the CN devs and they're taking a look at it, but for now, I'll definately need to wait on doing it again or make sure I dont have items that will cause issues in the shop.

Future Events - I've been planning a Character Creation event which should hopefully kick off before the month is out!
Also, I've looked over some of the older events in the past and one I've been also thinking about bringing back with a bit of a twist is the Cube Runs/Race one.

And as always, I'd love to hear about any ideas for events that people would love to participate in and try to make more events that can cater to a wide variety of people!

TW Prizing - I've been looking over the TW prizing and wondering what changes I can do to them to keep the excitement for the seasons high. Personally, I feel like they could be a bit better-thoughts?

Also, this is a side note, but I've figured out why the Ceremonial weapons do not have a Nightshade option - this was because they were originally designed to be a PK competion prize back when the Eartherguard Race was still relatively new. This would also probably be why they won't change the item to include DB/SB in it as well, so this is why I've pulled it from the rewards.

PK Tournament - I'm actually still working on this in the background and I'm checking in with a few people in my department to see how much manpower I can generate in-house for it.

Tentative Prizing structures for them will look kind of like this :

Thursday Night Rumble Series
Prizes will go to each individual in the winning squads.

1st Place

Ticket to Cross Server Thursday Night Fights

x1 Dull Zenith Skull

x5 Ancient Emblems

x3 Glyph Pack Lv 4

x5 Ancient Gift

x5 Inkdragon's Blood

x1 Arcane Legend Pill

2nd Place

x2 Dull Zenith Skull Shards

x3 Ancient Emblems

x1 Glyph Pack lvl 4

x3 Ancient Gift

x3 Inkdragon's Blood

3rd Place

x1 Dull Zenith Skull Shards

x1 Ancient Emblems

x3 Glyph Pack Lv 1

x2 Ancient Gift

x2 Inkdragon's Blood

4th-10th Place

x1 Profaned Wood

x5 Dawnlight Feathers

x1 Ancient Gift

x1 Inkdragon's Blood

x2 War Avatar Chest : A

Anyways that's all I can think of for now - Ask Away!
Tagged:

Comments

• laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    sounds awfully like we can only ask questions you want to be asked. Recently the forums has been dead (lack of activity), most here dont really care to ask anything anymore and just take it as it is lol.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Not necessarily. It's just that I get asked things I actually can't answer, not because I don't want to, but because it's not my area (for example account related issues - I've had a few people any time I come on live ask me things like "Can you talk to CS/look at my account/etc. because I was banned for x". )

For CN future content stuff - it's definitely more a "I haven't seen the content" versus NDA related for now. So it'd be weird to talk about it like I've actually seen or checked it out, if that makes sense.
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    the pop-up event was great! finally I could get some zenith skulls (ppl who bought them from GM shop were reselling it to my catshope (next time sell them directly to my catshope plzzzzzz ;) )
    Do it at least once a week but with a bit higher number of those low supply items :) only thing I don't like is Dull Draconic Essence - that should be perma removed from that list - that item suppose to be the most rare thing since you can get it only from HS and it takes nearly a month just for 1 untradable and 5 months for a tradable version!!!).
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Issues:
    My faction, Echo, had an issue with Dragon's Conquest bidding. You can see the posts in Dragon's Conquest Issues, including a screenshot proof. It may not be anything significant, but I think it's worth looking into in case it might lead to another bug/issue.

Contests:
    Any chance we could get a PWI wiki editing/contribution contest sometime during summer, considering people will be on vacation from school/work most likely? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I even have a few ideas of how me and @obielle can help out, such as providing a list of all pages that need updating (or be created) so participants will have an easier time figuring what they should add.

Sales:
    Edit: This question has been answered. tiger-2.gif

​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Are any of the tw rewards you listed per member or are they the totals to share between say 80 to 200 people?
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    shimarra wrote: »
    Are any of the tw rewards you listed per member or are they the totals to share between say 80 to 200 people?

i think what she listed was for the PK Tournament cross server i guess not for TW.
    i will come back to comment on those later on hope she will listen
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer Is there any chance to put in a request to China for the Archer's Blood Vow debuff not to overwrite Blademaster's Heaven's Flame? It doesn't affect PVP balance and doesn't affect any solo PVE but would make the skill less of a liability in end game instances.

I think this might be a realistic and non-controversial change so I'm trying to push it. Blood Vow having it's own status icon that doesn't conflict with HF would be a good quality-of-life fix.
    ​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Why TW season dates changed? There is a thread that people asked some questions about that
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Future Events - I've been planning a Character Creation event which should hopefully kick off before the month is out!
    Also, I've looked over some of the older events in the past and one I've been also thinking about bringing back with a bit of a twist is the Cube Runs/Race one.

And as always, I'd love to hear about any ideas for events that people would love to participate in and try to make more events that can cater to a wide variety of people!

I'd like to see an event revolving around the older low- and mid-ranged dungeons to benefit both new and vet players. Maybe rep-related prizes or retired aerogear/mounts?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @beast21g I believe I already answered this one but last I checked, we didn't even announce an end date for TW season and there were some concerns about RW getting cut too early (Where it takes about a month to get all territories populated for RW to trigger, and with the random nature of RW occurring either on Wednesday or Thursday, this further complicates things) And while I do understand that some factions might not care about RW in general, it is still a feature of the game that shouldn't be unnecessarily gimped by our doing.

I'll hop in for the rest of the stuff to answer in a bit!
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    @beast21g I believe I already answered this one but last I checked, we didn't even announce an end date for TW season and there were some concerns about RW getting cut too early (Where it takes about a month to get all territories populated for RW to trigger, and with the random nature of RW occurring either on Wednesday or Thursday, this further complicates things) And while I do understand that some factions might not care about RW in general, it is still a feature of the game that shouldn't be unnecessarily gimped by our doing.

i am sorry but you are gimping Dawnlight Halls which is a fairly new dungeon by giving out so many lv4 glyphs.So i rather have a event alot of us cant even make gimped then a new dungeon

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

well you dont have to anounce an end date since officialy season is 3 months.

Answer from another post

"So with the 3 months Season should end start of July. Now you say that some how TW season become 4 months. Must be missed the official anounce of that. If someone finds it please post it!
    Even with 4 months map should be reseted on start of August but you some how ended end of August.

You are telling for people and the RW is a problem. I'll let you know that in the past weeks 1 time RW didnt activated by your side. And 2nd no one doing that. When i see bases and carts staying till the end of rw then yes no one doing it.
    People will always QQ for what they are missing. At the time you were hearing/reading for RW they were missing the rewards but now they dont.

Take a note and reconsider all the changes for the TW. Every seasn we dont know what we have to face. Fakebidding, lock downs lands account sharing on guilds.

Stop these stuff and we can talk for expand TW season."

Plus last season if you remember you ended season in the right time and you let TW running without changes on map get count for RW purposes.

Just dont mess up with our programing about tw and other stuff. We cant every season have different duration. Its like after merge of the servers one week TW was on A hour next week went to B hours and dates, then xtw come out every time schedule messed up, then xtw disapeared and hours changed again

• jorock457
    jorock457 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Can we get a r9r4 sale soon? :) I personally think this should be something on sale always, shouldn't have to wait a month or more for it to go in the boutique to obtain the weapon.
  • neo743
    neo743 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Can Medal of Glorys' be added back to Boutique?? a lot of people on etherblade want to finish r9 and we just need mogs, we have 0 for sale
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

1. Agreed with upping the TW rewards, there's such a huge gap between xTW rewards and TW rewards, would be nice to see a balance.

2. Would it be possible to please stop handing out so many Lvl4 Glyphs? You guys seem to be throwing them out at every possible point. First Popup Shop, then Spend Promo and now you want to hand them out for other rewards.. People farm DDH in order to have a chance at Lvl4 Glyphs, it's the only farmable way to get coin at the moment (aside from merching/CS). This has always been the biggest problem with PWI, the second that there's a way to farm coin ingame, you guys come up with a hotfix to negate said farm within a month. I realize that PWI is all about the cash shop, but it's getting a little silly. It's just glyphs..

3. Is there any way to udpate the rewards for Trials (faction base)? They're so outdated that nobody does it anymore, and it used to be such a fun instance.

4. With what was said earlier; the Popup Shop was imo an amazing idea, but I agree with limiting the Draconic Essences. You need to work your butt off to farm that via HS (max level, max prosp, etc.), and it's a bit meh to then realize you just have to wait for a GM to sell it to you.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Events:
    #######
    Are there any plans to bring back events such as Raising Baby Wukong or Emperor's Cruise ? I know the last one is more an x-max event but its a great help for everyone! It gives good exp, primal bloods and even start chart mats. Same goes with the first event which can give good shards, start chart exp and even HP / MP charms. Ofc, a temporary way to obtain Cloud Wonder / Invitation Scrolls would be needed such as arc codes or bringing back the Invitation event. These are the events which i liked the most in the past because they were really usefull for most of us.

Are there any plans for events such as login events, arc codes or something to obtain Astrospira Pearl Lv3, Adamantine Powder or Orichalcum Ingot? I know we had a login event to get Adamantine Powder once but never again. The only real way to obtain them right now is the cashshop. I know we had the same situation with Astrospira Pearl Lv2 before we got the new primal dailies. Many people were stuck at a apitude of 10 and are now able to move on since we got the dailies. Question is: will there be new ways to obtain said items?

Are there any plans to introduce the cross server tournament or bringing back cross server nw? Because pvp is just a big clownfiesta most of the time. Most nw maps which i face are empty and easy soloable, tournament turns out into either a big gank or waiting for the one shot and gambling who survives, open world pvp is almost non existent and mostly ganks anyway. It might be just me but cross server nw was the biggest fun every week. Ofc, a tweak for our version would be nice such as mixed cross server nw - means not just 1 server = 1 nation. This would fix the problem that one server got more people than the other one. You have enough time to form squads after entering cross server anyway and isnt an online game about playing with others? meeting new people and make friends? This would be a great opportunity to make us fight together, side by side instead of hating the other servers just because they are different. Stay united!

NW Gear:
    #######
    Its not about future content or CN related content so i guess its fine to ask that. Its about pwi related content. Whats the current situation with the possibility to upgrade nw gear such as NW Helm or Robe to G17 gear? Will there any further investigations or will it be like the Dragon Quest System where we get told that we get a new System every time someone asks until we just get tired, forget about it and move on? It really sucks for people who maxed their gear earlier and are now stuck and cant progress any further without starting from the scratch again. Another problem would be the issue with Chienkun Stone. It might just be me but the amount which is needed and the price which comes with it is just hilarious for our version of pw and should be adjusted.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

I'm just gonna leave this here...
    What happened to the community designed mount, the **** thing..
    on top of that the racoon mount that was shown in game via a news post and was posted as name this mount...

Seems like more fail events with more fake cake cause the cake is always a lie as well as pwi's lazy news posts which constantly **** over players...

Ex: Nuema Portal spend promo (did not personally affect me but, did with close friends)
    let's remove it before we finish the full go around a 2nd time instead of finishing the round so the players lacking the last promo card, kestra, can get what they paid for.
    Ex2: China R9 (personally affected by this and still am hella pissed due to my seeker being trash from a 4k DMG loss from China armors)
    advertised as an upgrade for PvP players via the news posts... Instead of posting a news post when they realized the mistake and fake info they feed us.. They instead post on a deep dark part of the forums which no one checks out and claim to the players that oh we offered a revert service for a month and we can no longer revert... How about posting on the news post like you did with the official release of it. Nah let's contradict ourselves and make our work ez'r so that we can lay back and watch ppl dump years onto a game for Jack ****.

Let's see since the portal promo ended many players have quit and or just gave up on cards entirely... -1500$ per player per card.
    Since the China gear issue many players including myself have requested refunds and get a copy paste answer from the oh mighty GM'S stating "We no longer offer refunds on weapons" obviously a copy paste response since I'm not even requesting a refund on weapon just the damn 3bill gear downgrade... This also leads to many people quiting and luckily I had JOSD funds saved which I trashed and rerolled as a DB and I am still fighting for my refund of coin and or the Crown of Madness I sold to get the "upgrade"

So my question to you katalyst is when are we going to get a staff that actually follows through on promises and quits **** over the consumers and for once actually does their jobs and tests the stuff before advertising it?
  • talongenie
    talongenie Posts: 3 Arc User
    jorock457 wrote: »
    Can we get a r9r4 sale soon? :) I personally think this should be something on sale always, shouldn't have to wait a month or more for it to go in the boutique to obtain the weapon.

sigh, once again no r9r4 sale. Why can't pwi put things on sale that people suggest or need