Sage Storm Primal/Homestead/Glythable Skills

werewolves#6809
werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
Currently I'm working on my storm bringer and getting her sage skills. What I want to know is which skill do I NOT upgrade.

I tend towards the water damage skills currently and still getting into the mind frame of my storm. I mostly want to know all three becuase my storm is twilight 5 and I just got a homestead last night.

I was told that most of the glythable skills are usless except for one of them (forgot which one) and that most of the upgrades for theses are a nerfed version of the sage version.

I know with soem classes you do not get certin upgrades in primal e.g. veno's demon redworm and seeker's sage ss. Are there anything like this for storms?

And replys are great even if your not 100% sure about something.

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Huh? All skills are better. Any upgrade you can get for all your skills you should get. There is no holding back at all.

Sure, one might be Moonblade, as in sage it always procs 100% while being in reaper form and depending on the glyph you chose it might be a bit more complicated to achieve that with the new version. Anything else is alot better tho or at least not worse (tho ppl debate about surge...heck idm at all). The reason why is because you can glyph them to make them a bit more or massively more effective in certain situations and just to have that flexibility is what makes it worthwhile.

If you are merely aiming for PvE then it doesnt make much difference..but especially then you can go ahead and do all upgrades without worrying too much.

As for the glyphs. Get the channel increase on Downburst and look for for the damage increase in reaper form Glyphs (Argent) for a majority of the move-while-cast skills (cept Cloud Burst, take the constant debuff, trust me, it's awesome or at least the one that increases the max debuff) as those are the ones used for the majority of the time. Weapon damage add, range, chi...all that isnt really needed. Reaper form damage increase is the most effective for both PvE and PvP. However, like I said before..for certain situations you could use different glyphs like paralyze on supercell, etc but that is very specific so just stick with the above mentioned glyphs.

Furthermore, I still cannot recommend Sage over Demon, I'm sorry. Tidal Force, Lunar Blessing, Vortex' Range And thundersnows dot damage increase are just too massive. Way too massive, especially since any Sage advantage went poof with the culti-merge since it literally came down to Moonblade's AMP effect that demons can now use as well (given with limitations, but it's still awesome if used correctly) and Frozen Lightning's 10% more damage which is debatable tho because the 3 sec stun in demon has worked and saved me many, many times. Then there is Master Li's and Damage reduction from trip spark. Demon spark is pretty useless now that even downburst gives way more chan decrease but master li's? there is no time to use that in a real fight. Any chance you give the enemy to catch up on you could be your doom. Rather spam skills to gain chi.

So it's sage spark vs demon spark. That's the only advantage of sage. Hell nah. Don't be sage.

tl;dr: Upgrade all skills and switch to demon.
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    ty for reply really wasn't that sure to begin with which to go for and with theses merged glythable skills it just makes it really more complex whihc is better culti over each other. What I'm curious about is if they plan to do this with the other skills later on. O.o that would make all classes very customizable
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I hope not xD that would be a mess. I mean it would be nice somehow..but it also gives them more opportunity to break the game..so I rather not xD
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    So which glyphs are everyone using for their skills?currently I'm using:

Blue moon blade in order to proc 30% HF effect whenever I want.

Green ice bullet for extra chi and gurenteed 5 second stun.

Green sonic boom for pve, grey for pvp for damage

Blue cloud burst for heavier debut in pvp (blue also increases the debut amount for 1T and 2T ) and 100% m Def break in pve (with lv 5 glyph and ulti).

Green down burst for Chan speed

Green frigid thunder because I'm not sure what to slot as 6th, rather be bonus less for now, and the extra chi is nice. Been thinking about green supercell for pvp though since the paralyze effect is also really nice, but only 2 seconds when the skill takes 1.4 sec to cast is a bit of a turn off.

full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • bizzah
    bizzah Posts: 19 Arc User

Blue cloud burst for heavier debut in pvp (blue also increases the debut amount for 1T and 2T ) and 100% m Def break in pve (with lv 5 glyph and ulti).

Green frigid thunder because I'm not sure what to slot as 6th, rather be bonus less for now, and the extra chi is nice. Been thinking about green supercell for pvp though since the paralyze effect is also really nice, but only 2 seconds when the skill takes 1.4 sec to cast is a bit of a turn off.

I agree with most choices. 6th rune is kinda negligible..however, I use like the increased knockback range on Surge. Supercell would only be nice if you have te G17 chan proc. This way you could nearly insta-cast it. Otherwise-it's just too slow and not very practical without a level 10 glyph.

BTW: Are Seal/Disarm on ice bullet still broken? couldn't test it yet, especially with lvl5+ glyphs.
  • blademas100
    blademas100 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    bizzah wrote: »

I agree with most choices. 6th rune is kinda negligible..however, I use like the increased knockback range on Surge. Supercell would only be nice if you have te G17 chan proc. This way you could nearly insta-cast it. Otherwise-it's just too slow and not very practical without a level 10 glyph.

BTW: Are Seal/Disarm on ice bullet still broken? couldn't test it yet, especially with lvl5+ glyphs.

They're not broken, just too short lived to notice.
    Post edited by blademas100 on
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I have no plans on upgrading moonblade, supercell, or lunar surge. I don't even use lunar surge because the situation where I would actually want to disburse a group of enemies for a moment is practically nonexistent. I could aoe them, cc them, run away etc. instead of mildly annoying them, and the upgrade is practically unnoticeable. I use moonblade for amp, but I would upbrade it if I had the spare 100m spirit to also upgrade thunderstrike that only gets a longer timer for the internal bleeding to proc.

As it is I'm grinding spirit to upgrade deafening thunder so I can glyph 3 skills in the Tiger group. It also gets a nice buff to its debuff.

I have downburst, frigid thunder, sonic boom, cloudburst, ice bullet and town portal glyphed now. Originally I planned on ignoring sonic boom as I do not use it but I had to glyph it and deafening thunder due to absolutely not wanting to waste my time with lunar surge or upgrading super cell in order to get the 3 skill bonus.

Ice bullet is already broken with most glyph choices, either reducing the stun to nothing with argent, or not procing seal or disarm at all with the other ones. I don't really trust supercell glyphs to actually do anything at this point and I already barely use the skill to begin with.

I wish that searing moonlight, tidal, monsoon, reaper form, and pretty much every other skill we have were upgradable instead of
    the options we got. Cloudburst is not debatable, frigid thunder gets a straight buff, and downburst is my primary attack skill. All the other current choices are nice enough but compared to Mystics our options are boring.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    Not upgrade Moonblade? :open_mouth:

The two I've no intention of upgrading are Deafening and Thunderstrike

My layout is pretty similar to Demans, but currently in mass pvp i swap sonic boom for paralyse Supercell. On a db-infested server it can really help give allies breathing room. Also I use red Cloudburst instead of blue.