[PSA] Dragon's Conquest Issues

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

It was brought to my attention yesterday that Dragon's Conquest is having issues as well. We will be investigating this issue on Monday and we have already sent an email off to CN to see what could be causing this and to ask when these services (Both Dragon's Conquest and Arigora Colosseum) will be back up and running.

During this time, please do not access the Cross Server services related to these two systems, as you might potentially get stuck in the cross server.

IMPORTANT NOTICE : Please do not make duplicate threads about this topic or they will be locked and all subsequent inquiries will be directed to this thread and please keep the discussion relevant and on topic. Any inflammatory posts will be removed from the thread.

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    UPDATE : Engineers were unable to see any abnormalities in their error logs and, on their side, it appears that everyone jumped in but got kicked from Cross Server. However, I've been hearing reports that players were getting stuck inside cross server (?)

If you are still stuck and can not leave cross server please submit a ticket to Customer Support and provide your in-game name, your server, and when you got stuck and if you are able to leave still or if you can not do so. Please do so as soon as possible so that I can give our engineers a list of characters that will need to be unstuck and hopefully they can remove them from cross server!

Also - please let us know if you were able to engage in any wars at all or if you were unable to enter any battlefields! I'll take this information to our engineers to see if they need to check anything on their side to ensure matchmaking occurs properly for future wars!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Some people were able to get on cross-server and enter battles as per normal. The number of players that managed to enter cross-server was 2-3 per faction, while some got 1 at best or none at all. Everyone else kept getting disconnected from cross-server at every attempt to enter. Judging by this, the battlefields worked with no issues, but there was something wrong with moving from normal server into cross-server.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    In the other thread @tek1nig posted this:
    https://s3.postimg.org/4erm04dcj/x_TW_Servers.jpg and most players (like 98%) could not get into the server.

If it helps at all, the user experience was:

-select to enter xserver via npc
    -loading screen would appear as normal
    -progress bar would progress to exactly half way
    -boot back to sign in menu
    -"could not connect to server" error
    -account was locked out (which i think is usual) for about 5 minutes afterwards, unable to even force log account
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Ah ok, because I just got this message last night from the Engineers asking if this was the message people were getting

h7kf6jjkaf5d.png

Sounds about right then - I'll go ahead and also forward that image over to them (the one you re-linked/posted eirghan). Tonight will be maintenance, so I'll see if anything new develops.
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yes, that's the error message we received.​​
  • choasdriver
    choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
    all battles won/lost during these known issues should be rolled back
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Alright, we've executed a rollback -scores should be reverted back to what they were before the abnormal scores!

I'll un-announce this topic for now but leave it in GD - if anyone see's anything else strange over the weekend please let me know! We will announce how this will affect the length of the season in a future newspost, so keep an eye out for this when it happens!
  • fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Alright, we've executed a rollback -scores should be reverted back to what they were before the abnormal scores!

I'll un-announce this topic for now but leave it in GD - if anyone see's anything else strange over the weekend please let me know! We will announce how this will affect the length of the season in a future newspost, so keep an eye out for this when it happens!

Good job this was the most fair solution :)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I've already noticed something strange, but need more data from other factions before I can really get to a conclusion, so I'll just wait to see what happens today. But the rollback was good, its probably the most fair solution to this situation. Ofc its still not entirely fair, but this should be sufficient to all factions. I think this is the best that couldve been done.

EDIT: I did some asking around, the bidding order definitely got messed up, some factions absolutely dodged the bullet. Its still not entirely fair but its probably the best we're gonna get. Instead of 3 weeks of free points, it'll only be 2 weeks of free points I guess.
    Post edited by dingo488 on
  • dingo488
    edited June 2017
    I don't know about the other factions, but Echo got an error this week when trying to bid for xTW. And now the match-ups went live it turns out our bid did not go through. Did any factions get a similar error?

Coincidentally the lands that were supposed to get attacked this week were the EXACT same lands that were attacked the week the glitch happened, I don't know if the 2 were related tho.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Vindicate's bid worked fine. Nice attempt to get another rollback.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I don't know about the other factions, but Echo got an error this week when trying to bid for xTW. And now the match-ups went live it turns out our bid did not go through. Did any factions get a similar error?

Coincidentally the lands that were supposed to get attacked this week were the EXACT same lands that were attacked the week the glitch happened, I don't know if the 2 were related tho.

Do u have a screen shot of the said error ?
  • dingo488
    edited June 2017
    vMGz0L6.png

Tried to bid at the exact same time as every single week, did have money in inventory too

No rollback, I only want a rollback next time Vindicate gets 4 top tier factions, good thing this time u got 4 significantly weaker factions, imagine if u got the same 4 factions again :\ xTW is completely ruined now btw, whatever tampering the Engineers did with xTW has completely broken xTW, Ill write a post to explain it later, I wanna observe what happens the next 3 weeks to see if what happened this week will happen again.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Can confirm. The event mechanics for bidding and placing matches broke.
    @kalystconquerer I can elaborate in a direct message.

It appears that not many people know how xtw bids actually work, so I'm not going to give valuable info on a public forum.
  • capnk
    I like how you guys have all this special knowledge and magic algorithms that are 100% wrong all the time. It takes some real talent to be wrong that often.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    I like how you guys have all this special knowledge and magic algorithms that are 100% wrong all the time. It takes some real talent to be wrong that often.

its not even special knowledge, you just gotta use your brain to figure it out. meanwhile vindicate no-shows crisis.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    vMGz0L6.png

Tried to bid at the exact same time as every single week, did have money in inventory too

No rollback, I only want a rollback next time Vindicate gets 4 top tier factions, good thing this time u got 4 significantly weaker factions, imagine if u got the same 4 factions again :\ xTW is completely ruined now btw, whatever tampering the Engineers did with xTW has completely broken xTW, Ill write a post to explain it later, I wanna observe what happens the next 3 weeks to see if what happened this week will happen again.

This is one really serious issue from the looks of it , if what u guys saying is true and matchmaking mechanics bugged and that 6 t2(?) lands cant get bid on is simply gonna make whole season more or less invalid xD

What happens next time when some factions bid t2 lands and end up getting matched to that lands it will just make invalid wars for defending factions , and with that said is there any point to even bid t2 anymore and risk getting glitched wars?
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Heads up. 1 month later and it's still broken.

If you cut the map in half horizontally - the bottom half of both tiers will never be attacked.
    Hope this gives everyone the gist of what's happening in it's broken state.

If this was an intentional change to reduce the map size (like NW) it was poorly timed, because all those untouchable lands are keeping some faction's scores abnormally high. The lands should have been wiped first.
  • dingo488
    klys wrote: »
    Heads up. 1 month later and it's still broken.

If you cut the map in half horizontally - the bottom half of both tiers will never be attacked.
    Hope this gives everyone the gist of what's happening in it's broken state.

If this was an intentional change to reduce the map size (like NW) it was poorly timed, because all those untouchable lands are keeping some faction's scores abnormally high. The lands should have been wiped first.

giphy.gif

When something is broken but it works to your benefit... people on PWI are always gonna be people PWI

• capnk
    When you know everything about xtw but Vindicate is still winning:

bcf.png
  • dingo488
    edited June 2017
    When you lost to every other Tier 1 faction but a glitch is keeping you in first place

giphy.gif

PWE doesn't seem interested in fixing it though, so the win must've already been paid for