Chill community...geez...

Comments

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    At least people got some of the avatars. I would very much rather be missing one card than missing five.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    i dont even know why people are upset im happy as hell, for one i could never afford NP set and i have full morai set, atleast now less people will be running around with better cards than me. Good job china cut those cash shoppers legs off. Some people are useless, dont know anything so they depend on the powers of their wallets. Im dont agree with telling people not to be upset though and yes they are taking it out on the wrong person, but hahahahahahaha. :D
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    > @blazerboy said:
    > @eirghan you realize I never said you did those things o.o? You're saying I never did this or that but I didn't specifically mean you otherwise I'd say it was you. I don't think I said it either so not sure where all that defensive remark came from but ok o.o?
    >
    > Nobody is trying to make her feel better joe tried to make a post to tell ppl to watch what they say and not be so quick to point fingers in his own joe way. I agreed with him on the matter and the thread proceeded in the direction the gms aren't perfect but still this one does a lot for us. If you mean to chastise him for it that's your right but you're making it sound like we pity kaly or someone is attacking you by stating all the things you didn't say so uhm what exactly are you trying to say here? Also that's the best part about forums you can voice your opinion and make your own discussions while you feel kaly wouldn't want another post about it if you were kaly then cool that's your right just like joe can make a post like this so really confused where all this coming from

@blazerboy generally when someone tags me and in the same sentence start talking about chargebacks, i think theyre addressing me about the community charging back. If youre using that as an example of where people were treating kalyst badly/were mad at her i dont understand the connection. That particular person did whatever they did months before this whole thing, and im fairly sure unless kalyst signed a very ill contract that chargebacks do not affect her directly.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    That whole NP promo was bogus to start with. It hugely helped the big factions which sit on piles of gold to gear up a select few players. And ofc big merchants only.

I have no problem with people who actually spent real money on them, since they keep servers alive in the first place. Heck, put on a option to get GM gears for 1 mil dollars for all I care. You might see a few pretty soon.

The idea of splitting charge and sales promos shows the actual state of the game. If there were a lot of actual cash shoppers still vested in this game, you would have only seen NP as charge rewards.

If it were up to me, PWI should remove the whole concept of sales promotions since it only causes a **** ton of inflation. Like Joe mentioned (I think), you only need 1.2K gold and for cycling it in 1-2 months you get a ton of benefits out of nothing. Nothing is actually spent, a ton of stuff is created.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    It is understandable that some people are frustrated that they most likely won't finish their Nuema Portal set with the spend promos. However, please remember that PWE can do whatever they want and none of their promos is even in the slightest legally binding.

The most important thing however, give Kaly a break ffs. It is not her fault. CN decided that those promos have to leave (not like she explained that already a dozen of times) and that she can do absolutely nothing about it. If the boss doesn't want it, no matter how stupid it may seem, then it ain't gonna happen. Period. You guys can throw tempers all day, won't change anything.

Kaly is the first really active CM in years on end but the community seems to wanna get rid of her just as they did with domino. I can imagine that no one wants to put up with this community for a long time. @kalystconquerer#0876 please try not to take them for serious. Not all are like them. You will always have people acting like spoiled brats. However, I can admit that you did great for PWI in the short time that you are in charge and that you've brought us lots of stuff we most likely wouldn't have gotten without you. Main reason for that might be that you are a player as well. You know the game and all the ups and downs. Don't know if this game could handle losing you as well.

So guys, stop hating on her. Hate on me instead, I know you love to hate me. So here goes:

A majority of you don't need Nuema Portal. Not all BUT A VAST MAJORITY of you guys are "brainless" casher anyways with a vastly larger bank account than skill-level. That's also true for at least 90% of the people that already have the set. So just take the opportunity and save some money and rather work on your skill and learn how to actually play the game :D

I know, I know. There are some people that can't play a game when they don't have any sort of advantage over other people but still...IMHO the only thing that kinda bugs me is that there are already that many NP-people out there. IF we never had those promos then we would still only have 2-3 NP people per server on average. Would reduce the endless QQ about being overgeared really, really hard. Look at me and the gears I have. Even NP-less people normally vastly outgear me, not even to mention those rbed NP people. Yet I can still hold my own. NP is just overkill, completely unnecessary. "QQ but others got it already so I want it too, the same way!!!" - grow up.

First come, first serve.

I think you're confusing people's anger in posts and think it is being directed specifically at Kaly when it's not. People aren't here to shoot the messenger. When most say "you", they are referring to the PWI as a whole.

Kaly is simply the messenger here and her job is to relay that information effectively to the company. If people are angry about this change she needs to communicate that effectively to her superiors.

Also contrary to what you think for every single situation this is not a "l2p" situation, the issue here is not NP - it's the balance associated with some characters receiving NP for free with others only getting 2/6. If everyone could fight with AEU set as a balancing point, that'd be fine, but you can't give some players a full RB1 set and then others none and then suddenly block access without notice.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @eirghan so basically you misunderstood what I was saying and felt instead of asking as to who I was referring to, you assumed it was you? All in all it didn't refer to you despite what you assumed I meant, if that's how you took it I can't really change that. *shrugs*

@magiceffect some servers cycled 1200 much faster than 1-2 months think one friend told me her got lucky and made it all in roughly 3 weeks got his full NP completely free which is pretty impressive considering not all but some were able to do this
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Big kudos to Joe for making this thread, the only person really harmed by the fact they're removing the Nuema Portal Promos is Joe.

Sure everyone wasted a lot of money on Nuema Portal cards that are completely useless now, and that is a shame really. But with the removal of a realistic way to get Nuema Portal they basically crushed Joe's dreams of ever beating an arena squad with flawless citrines and Seat of Torment set.

You guys are all whining about it, but at least you don't have to rely on your opponent having B cards to actually beat them. Just remember what you can have, instead of focusing on what you cant have.
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    Omg keys on sale, why did i decide to stop donating QQ. My gambeling addiction is furiouse.
  • eirghan
    One last time... As I explained above, when someone directly addresses me, I (like the rest of the human population) believe that the comment is directly addressed to me.

The only scenarios for tagging me in the comment where you were presenting a defense for Kalyst against people charging back were:
    a) you believed I was attacking Kalyst
    b) you believed I was defending the people charging back/promoting it

Based on that information, I decided to reaffirm that I wasn't attacking kalyst, nor was I defending the community who were promoting charging back.

Turns out, the reason for tagging me in the comment was actually:
    c) you like to randomly tag people in comments that have nothing to do with them or the conversation you're having
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @eirghan All in all it didn't refer to you despite what you assumed I meant

So if the comment you made had nothing to do with me, please don't tag me in it, it messes up my notifications.​​
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Its so true what joe said, a nuema portal is just overkill and learning how to play a class properly would have a far bigger impact for many people. I do have a nuema portal and still suck in pvp because i have no idea what other classes are capable to do and just smashing buttons while lesser geared people with a plan perfom better than i do:D

But on the other hand im not competive minded at all and at least i got the full set out of the promos and now stuck with rb I and II wich ain't accomplishable for reasonable money anymore. So im in a better position as the most other people who have 1 or 2 cards missing. But getting 1 or 2 cards is more or less doable while farming from zero seem insane now. With that said, china might lose some income in the short run, because i for example dont see any reason to spend 1200 coins each month or each 2. month atm but for us cashers will always a deal to catch and a carrot to chase. Back in the days pwi offerd +12 orbs for like 75 gold the sale was just one day up and after this PWCN pulled the emergency break. So it happend before and will happen again.

From all CM's i remember Kalisto is by far the most active and most helpful when its about to get something done that the community would like to see. Its not the CM's fault if china pull the plug on nuema promos and it was not predictable so its unfair to nail the CM on a former promise to do a new cycle based on the id.

The new cash shopper carrot should be the G17R4 weapon it would be great to see more cashable options for this one so lazy cashers that dosn't have the time to run up daily or ignored it for a long time can catch up a bit.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @dingo488 Flamebait at it's finest but I'm going to leave it at the fact that people, who actually understand this game's mechanics, won't overlook obvious class advantages and very minor gear difference if there have been any at all since the gears of my teammates isn't maximum as well.

PS: 2nd RB SoT set isn't far away from CF, just saying.

@tolots Yes, taking away the only reason for maxed-out people (full +12, max gears/chart) to still charge could result in a lower income for PWE. I mean..getting orbs and packs is nice..but what for if you are maxed out already? :D People could do it like I do and just roll new chars tho :D
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    @eirghan ok I see there is no point in furthering this with that response "like the rest of the human population" so even though it was a assumption you must feel correct even if you're incorrect? I'm not sure you can speak for the human population based off personal assumption. If someone directly tags your name it doesn't always mean they are talking about you specifically, they can also be just expressing an opinion but you took it as someone specifically talking about you? Agian you made an incorrect assumption. Not all of the human population immediately get defensive when they don't hear something they like x_x

Welp this thread all went out of control and now we wait for it to close x_x
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Nah it's not out of control @blazerboy Actually it is waymore civil than I first expected it to be which is surprisingly good and I welcome it. People can talk about anything but they need to remember to stay in line sometimes and to not let hatred and rage control their actions.
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow wait for it wait for it wait for it you're underestimating our community
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    zentfamily wrote: »
    At least people got some of the avatars. I would very much rather be missing one card than missing five.

For the purposes of cost, on average missing one card is about the same as missing five. The only difference is that once you obtain the set you'll be able to RB more cards. But the average expected cost to obtain the initial set doesn't change much whether you have 5/6 or 1/6.

This is part of the reason why some people can spend $500 and get full NP while others can end up spending $10000 and still be missing a card. And also why some people still don't have AEU despite farming FSP every single day with multiple chars.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    So let me get this:
    Some players are complaining that due to some events they will not be able to finish NP set.
    Joe and others are complaining about those that complain that they will not be able to finish NP.

So my question is: why some of you care so much that others are complaining about a thing or two?
    giphy.gif

• dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    So let me get this:
    Some players are complaining that due to some events they will not be able to finish NP set.
    Joe and others are complaining about those that complain that they will not be able to finish NP.

So my question is: why some of you care so much that others are complaining about a thing or two?

To be fully honest this was just another opportunity for Joe to sneak in his standard essay on how stupid and brainless most people are and how everyone is lacking of proper skill. It's May 31st and he hasn't filled his monthly quota yet :p
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    So let me get this:

To be fully honest this was just another opportunity for Joe to sneak in his standard essay on how stupid and brainless most people are and how everyone is lacking of proper skill. It's May 31st and he hasn't filled his monthly quota yet :p

Naaah! He wouldnt do that. Is not Joe type to make threads like this. :p
    giphy.gif

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Is orinj really gone? @kalystconquerer#0876
    Didn't he say he was some kind of manager/boss? I could be wrong but it sounded like he was the big-boss of PWE in general.

No he's not gone - sorry if that was the impression I gave! He's still here, still looks over my work and gives pushes for things when we need it. He's been here since...well practically the beginning of the company, hah! Orinj is the Ops Manager - so he's a bigger boss for certain departments (CS, QA and interfaces with the PM/CM's of the games). He isn't the over-all boss for the company or anything, but when we have to move mountains...

@greenfire312 Have you seen what happens when I go on live? Granted, its just Etherblade (and I think they honestly give me a harder time because that's where my main resides), but I do get blue walled from time to time.

@eirghan Which is why I left that alone for the most part - I understood and read through everything. You've been a great help in alot of things (namely the proc issue,l even though we didn't get a satisfactory answer from CN ultimately) and I appreciate your feedback and everyone else's, for that matter. I try not to be too sappy about it, but despite a few outliers, I don't mind even the more heated comments.

If I accidentally tagged you in something though that made you think I was addressing chargebacks specifically from you, then I apologize. In any of that, I just normally give a blanket warning. For most other "abuses" on the forums, like strongly worded posts, I tend to let those slide (perhaps I shouldn't?).

@tolots ..."Server/client instability." I remember that incident as a player, I don't think I could ever live through the heat that Frankie took for that.

@glay4fun That reminds me I really need to turn on Key Events whenever I do sales on Keys *facedesk*

General thread - this doesn't mean I won't try and work on providing new and different type of promos and events to give a wider access to things like particular desired sets (NP, Warsong, Morai/Candleflame). But as far as details or teasers of any of those, I'll have to be much more tight lipped about, unfortunately.

Soon(tm).
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User

I'll have to be much more tight lipped about, unfortunately.

Soon(tm).

75b.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    *golf clap*

Well played sir, well played.
  • eirghan
    @blazerboy well I mean, I guess you're right. When I was little my Dad used to shout my name from upstairs and then when I would get up and go talk to him he would say "Just checking". I think he was trying to be funny though rather than have a discussion xD.

@kalystconquerer#0876 i appreciate your comments and all of your help. I agree that you're one of, if not the best CM PWE has ever had and i understand to an extent your plight as an employee limited by both their game creator, nda and superiors... These guys, though they may communicate it oddly, have the right idea in this respect.

Not tagging anyone in particular, there definitely seems to be somewhat of a bluff being called in the community by certain players... The idea of people needing to calm down, or pointing out certain players not quitting game, puts forth the idea that its not really that big of a deal and people are crying over spilled milk. Maybe looking back at all of PW history it's not a big deal, just another blip in a series of misfortunes. To me, though, someone who for better or worse has an issue accepting unjust circumstances xD... Well. I am deeply saddened by it. Maybe even more so because we have seen so many improvements recently. No matter who or who is not at fault though, players have legitimately lost thousands of dollars, while others have received a massive exclusive buff.

For that reason, the purpose of making it known that its NOT OK for this to happen, that players do have a reason to be upset, I'll make it public that I am for moving on to greener pastures. I'll still be around here and there to fulfill my obligations to friends and faction, but my focus and wallet will now be elsewhere.

I don't say it to encourage anyone else to leave or make trouble or make drama or ask anyone to convince me to stay... I only mention it to make it known that while it may not be that big of a deal to some, it is a huge deal to others... Big enough that people ARE quitting game, making adjustments to their spending habits, not producing social media to promote the game, creating content to help the community and so on. So whether a dramatic change is seen immediately by the community or not, it should be recognized that this is an unfortunate event, one that is, for some, worth getting worked up over.
    ​​
  • dregenfox
    edited June 2017
    eirghan wrote: »
    @blazerboy well I mean, I guess you're right. When I was little my Dad used to shout my name from upstairs and then when I would get up and go talk to him he would say "Just checking". I think he was trying to be funny though rather than have a discussion xD.

@kalystconquerer#0876 i appreciate your comments and all of your help. I agree that you're one of, if not the best CM PWE has ever had and i understand to an extent your plight as an employee limited by both their game creator, nda and superiors... These guys, though they may communicate it oddly, have the right idea in this respect.

Not tagging anyone in particular, there definitely seems to be somewhat of a bluff being called in the community by certain players... The idea of people needing to calm down, or pointing out certain players not quitting game, puts forth the idea that its not really that big of a deal and people are crying over spilled milk. Maybe looking back at all of PW history it's not a big deal, just another blip in a series of misfortunes. To me, though, someone who for better or worse has an issue accepting unjust circumstances xD... Well. I am deeply saddened by it. Maybe even more so because we have seen so many improvements recently. No matter who or who is not at fault though, players have legitimately lost thousands of dollars, while others have received a massive exclusive buff.

For that reason, the purpose of making it known that its NOT OK for this to happen, that players do have a reason to be upset, I'll make it public that I am for moving on to greener pastures. I'll still be around here and there to fulfill my obligations to friends and faction, but my focus and wallet will now be elsewhere.

I don't say it to encourage anyone else to leave or make trouble or make drama or ask anyone to convince me to stay... I only mention it to make it known that while it may not be that big of a deal to some, it is a huge deal to others... Big enough that people ARE quitting game, making adjustments to their spending habits, not producing social media to promote the game, creating content to help the community and so on. So whether a dramatic change is seen immediately by the community or not, it should be recognized that this is an unfortunate event, one that is, for some, worth getting worked up over.
    ​​

Yep. I pretty much only log in to do JFSP/TW etc, I think this is where a lot of people are atm. Some may view it as "actively" playing but we are not spending money or really contributing anything, just doing baseline maintenance for the account. We're all here in the hope that things will turn around but things are looking pretty doubtful.

Just last week I logged on for X-TW and it was inaccesible, and today when I log on for Resource War it's apparently bugged and not working. So even the weekly events I try to attend don't work correctly so logging on is a 50/50 affair.

I honestly still like this game but everytime I log on I start thinking I can get 10x more enjoyment from other games without having to deal with the constant disappointment and frustration with having bugs, non-working events, and shady business practices.
  • blazerboy
    I wonder who actually quit over the NP affair, I've seen people refuse to cash but quit not yet but time will always tell its own story
  • dregenfox
    Most PWI players only log on for TW/X-TW and a few events, since this is a free game you can never actually "quit" it in the sense of having the account discontinued.

Eventually they will stop logging in altogether but it will take some time after a long period of minimum activity. I think most stay in the hopes that something will change but China never will.
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I've probably already mentioned before somewhere.
    I got 5/6 NP from card packs and from primal WB alone, all of which were rb1 before I even started any promos. Started doing them after the Astrid promo which was the card I needed. I wouldve been half RB2 at the end of this cycle and the rest rb2 save Astrid on the next cycle if they continued. :(
    Am I upset? yeah.. but i'm nowhere near as angry as most people seem to be after reading posts on other threads. I kinda expected this specific promo to fk us over ever since they annoucned they would switch the order :)
    I won't quit the game like most say they 'would'. But I won't be buying any more catalysts or essences for packs anymore lol. There are far better things I could use the gold on to imrpove than a very small chance at finishing this set. I will just wait for any announcements that they will bring back and finish the cycle which I hope they do
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    I would like to point out two things:

1) I was and still am more than just angry about the decision that was made and a few of my posts in other thread were kinda agressive. But when I wrote "you did something horribly wrong" I was talking about PWI in general and not Kalyst who is just the most vocal contact person.

2) Since someone asked if people really stopped playing ... yes I did and there are three major reasons and they all have one thing in common ... you (PWI and whoever made this slap in the face move) destroyed my motivation to play the game. Humans have different needs and everyone is motivated to play a game for different reasons.

a) social aspects and relatedness: not only I quited the game but also my two best friends
    b) achievements: I put a lot of effort and money to achieve a goal ... to simply progress in the game ... since there not much left for me other than the Nuema Portal set ... and now it is impossible for me to reach my goal
    c) hope: the way this decison was made, the unfair treatment of the playerbase and unreasonableness/stubbornness that such an action would be against every law in the real world (you do not offer to construct a house and suddenly stop without a roof or make it 100 times more expensive) simply made me loose the last bit of hope I had ... PWI should just check the gold price, check how many people cash shopped for the current super usefull promo and if they still find reasons why this action was correct, please enlighten us all
  • blazerboy
    ^ I suppose there goes 3 ppl
  • dregenfox
    edited June 2017
    sawyers wrote: »
    PWI should just check the gold price, check how many people cash shopped for the current super usefull promo and if they still find reasons why this action was correct, please enlighten us all

Actually the gold price is unrelated to the loss of NP portal set. The keys are currently inflating coins to a massive scale, to the point where people are buying gold for 4.2m+. It will rise further until the profit in coins from opening keys equalizes with the gold price. ATM it's simply more profitable to open keys and trade gems for coins from foil drops than to sell the keys themselves.

Anyway judging from the drop rate of the foils I'd say the gold *should* equalize to around 5.1-5.5m, but since gold is capped I think we'll just end up with a 30-40% increase in gold being bought in AH, which during a spend promo would probably be like 6000-7000 gold. This is only for DA server though.

Once the intial gold people have stocked up is all spent I'm willing to bet key prices will rise up to at least 1m per.

This is one reason why my shop has no keys for sale (Normally I'd be selling 1000+). It's going to be extremely difficult to buy gold for at least awhile, and trading gold for more coins is just not worthwhile unless you're getting spend promo rewards.

The people who quickly opened keys and got their coins into AH did make a pretty profit, though. So merchants and CS'ers gained a lot w/ the key sale.