When is Astrid Promo going to come!!?

Comments

• sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    Getting the packs using War Avatar Essence is even worse... the S-Packs you get with Catalysts are way better but its still out of any realism to get the set this way.

Sure you can make a Joe here and say players do not need NPs sets... they need skill... but thats not the point... the point is that about 50 players got it quite "easy" and making it now impossible for the rest is the problem... and that even without any information about this in advance... more the opposite
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2017
    tricksie wrote: »
    LOLL what false advertising?? PWI can shut down tomorrow and theres nothing any1 can do about it. You dont own anything once its in the game

Actually, I remember Kaly stating the next ultimate spend promo would be Astrid because they want to align the rotation with the actual codes of the cards... so we were told there would be one.. and what the card would be... just not when.​​

We were still in the middle of some back and forth with them about the cards before the time when Astrid was supposed to show up. A cards were ran as an experimental promo, however when they indicated they wanted these to be chance based, we've stopped slotting them in.

Discussions are still ongoing and I'll be having continued meetings about this topic today as well.
    bangbang wrote: »
    Solutions for the following:
    Artifacts: Allow us to trade 3 Artifacts for an S chest. Basically we can trash 2 S cards we dont want to try for another. Or trade 10 for a Nuema Portal Chest (Random NP card) Or trade 1 Artifact for 5 A chests for those wanting A sets.
    Dragon Conquest coins, allow us to trade them for chance packs containing G17 mats (zenith skulls, profaned woods) Or even better let me trade for neverfall royal/knight/squire badges and ancient emblems. Making 3x engraves obtainable and affordable.
    Arigora: Reduce the required number of fights to 3 for qualify and 5 for weekly. Getting 1 battle a day is already a hard task. I queue for 3-5 hours and sometimes never even see 1 fight. Remove the tiered rewards making players want to participate more.

Those numbers might be a bit low for some of the S exchanges. Even if we could argue that the chances of getting S cards randomly from events or spends isn't that high, they might have to be adjusted. Also, anyone who's engaged in the Ultimate spends up til this point every single time would end up reaping huge gains, since they have S cards sitting in their bags from the S chests included in the promo (Unless they already turned them into artifacts).

I kind of like the idea of somewhere incorporating the Neuma Portal chest in there, so that players can pick the card they're missing from the set, but again those numbers would have to be changed up a bit. The A exchange looks relatively solid, might tweak it down to 3-4 A Chests per 1. If we want an NPC, that's going to be something we have to swing with CN - otherwise we'll be running an exchange type event on our side.

Shoot, I've already sent off tweaks to the Dragon's Conquest Coins and proposed exchanges already to the devs, not sure if they'll expand it again so soon. I'll probably have to send a new request for the next, next expansion (not this upcoming one).

With the changed hours that CN has, would this help with queuing times, or do you feel like this will ultimately force people on one schedule/disadvantage particular groups of players?

General Thread - We'll still be working on this, since we understand this is a very important issue and we'll be taking all of the feedback into consideration. Feel free to keep discussing things or giving ideas for this or any other type of Spend you'd like to see in the future!
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    LOLL what false advertising?? PWI can shut down tomorrow and theres nothing any1 can do about it. You dont own anything once its in the game

Actually, I remember Kaly stating the next ultimate spend promo would be Astrid because they want to align the rotation with the actual codes of the cards... so we were told there would be one.. and what the card would be... just not when.​​

We were still in the middle of some back and forth with them about the cards before the time when Astrid was supposed to show up. A cards were ran as an experimental promo, however when they indicated they wanted these to be chance based, we've stopped slotting them in.

Discussions are still ongoing and I'll be having continued meetings about this topic today as well.
    Artifacts: Allow us to trade 3 Artifacts for an S chest. Basically we can trash 2 S cards we dont want to try for another. Or trade 10 for a Nuema Portal Chest (Random NP card) Or trade 1 Artifact for 5 A chests for those wanting A sets.
    Dragon Conquest coins, allow us to trade them for chance packs containing G17 mats (zenith skulls, profaned woods) Or even better let me trade for neverfall royal/knight/squire badges and ancient emblems. Making 3x engraves obtainable and affordable.
    Arigora: Reduce the required number of fights to 3 for qualify and 5 for weekly. Getting 1 battle a day is already a hard task. I queue for 3-5 hours and sometimes never even see 1 fight. Remove the tiered rewards making players want to participate more.

Those numbers might be a bit low for some of the S exchanges. Even if we could argue that the chances of getting S cards randomly from events or spends isn't that high, they might have to be adjusted. Also, anyone who's engaged in the Ultimate spends up til this point every single time would end up reaping huge gains, since they have S cards sitting in their bags from the S chests included in the promo (Unless they already turned them into artifacts).

I kind of like the idea of somewhere incorporating the Neuma Portal chest in there, so that players can pick the card they're missing from the set, but again those numbers would have to be changed up a bit. The A exchange looks relatively solid, might tweak it down to 3-4 A Chests per 1. If we want an NPC, that's going to be something we have to swing with CN - otherwise we'll be running an exchange type event on our side.

Shoot, I've already sent off tweaks to the Dragon's Conquest Coins and proposed exchanges already to the devs, not sure if they'll expand it again so soon. I'll probably have to send a new request for the next, next expansion (not this upcoming one).

With the changed hours that CN has, would this help with queuing times, or do you feel like this will ultimately force people on one schedule/disadvantage particular groups of players?

General Thread - We'll still be working on this, since we understand this is a very important issue and we'll be taking all of the feedback into consideration. Feel free to keep discussing things or giving ideas for this or any other type of Spend you'd like to see in the future!

so did you like my idea ? of providing NP Chests ? and what numbers you talking about that need to be changed up a bit ?

Cant you put the NP chests in boutique ?

and by the way the Arena still not working it worked on time for me and then timed out 10 times want me to spend more time trying ? because yea i have free time to do it all day i guess
  • topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    Is it already 100% sure, there won't be astrid spend promo?
    Please answer that, I don't want to waste more time if there won't be at least astrid.
  • gouken1
    gouken1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 u knit picked a solution where it requires a whole change in coding and what not, a change which CAN be possible in next to next expansion of bringing a chest that is not even present in our version but ignored every other post regarding continuing this cycle and keep YOUR word, based on which SO many players CS'ed or saved gold for weeks if not months.
    So many things PWI has messed up over the years but this is another level of making already limited player base suffer specifically players who CS and help this game run.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    I haven't participated on these spend promos, but it is something that we have to look forward, nuema portal otherwise is legit impossible with the stupid chances you have on the packs and their ridiculous price.

When the cards came out, the first NP person that got it that i knew said he spent 100 billion on it... let's stop talking ingame coins, let's talk moneeeeh, that dollah dollah. 100 billion is 25k $, do you know how ridiculous that is?

So, it cost him 25000$ to get a card set on the pixel world, do you know how absurd that is?
    This spend promo was pretty much the beacon of hope for everyone that cannot afford that or will not afford that, because, let's be real here, your game isn't worth 25000$, not even close.

The spend promo gives people something to work towards, simple as that, something achievable... and you're taking that away, what's the point of playing a game where you know you can't progress?

@kalystconquerer#0876 Honestly, if China doesn't stop this ****, this game will run it's course, it's always them trying to implement their mentallity and their BS way of playing and their BS way of spending that screws with us. I understand this is THEIR game, but you guys have to have some power, something, anything at all :|

Mr. Justice
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

I kind of like the idea of somewhere incorporating the Neuma Portal chest in there, so that players can pick the card they're missing from the set, but again those numbers would have to be changed up a bit.

I could be wrong but as far as I know the NP chests give 1 random NP card, increasing the price on it would make many players quite unwilling to gamble on it effectively losing all the possible money you could gain from it.

I try not to shoot the messenger but you guys are making it very hard to keep playing a game I truly enjoy because its being mismanaged to a ridiculous extent yet again.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    I'm just hoping that this cycle could atleast be finished first before changing the system >_>
    Been at 4/6 for roughly 2 years LOL.. actually couldd've been one of the first on our server if I participated in the promos early but at that time only 1 or 2 people were actually doing it. Got my 5th card sometime last year by luck on packs. Currently sitting on 70+ S cards; owning i think 38/52 on the list, no NP set and annoyingly not even a single 4 card set complete, 3/4 for them all Q.Q
    Idk if I'm lucky or unlucky; having currently full RB1/2 NP cards without that last card
    I only started taking part in the promos midway last cycle after getting my 5th by at which point astrid was already gone as it was the 1st or 2nd card, dont remember.

I have tried using those essence packs (Type specific) and have had no luck whatsoever xD spent maybe 3b or so on the essences and got only 1 S card :sweat:

Got annoyed when I found out the order will be switched up, and even more annoyed now that when it's actually next, it probably wont happen...

Would be nice having Type specific artifacts when you destroy S cards
    Could implement a system by which you can trade 10 type specific for 1 card of your choice for that type, or just any 10 or watever for a random one

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @sin20 so a refund when some ppl didn't recycle gold and spend gold on their on char? Really... What do you want a refund for? Keeping the gold you spent for yourself? Lol....

What i said is ppl charged 1200 gold and are waiting for the promo to get NP card.
    If there was no NP card spend promo they would not charge that 1200 gold.
    PWE said that they will put NP cards in different rotation which made ppl CS the gold to get the cards and now PWE said that there most likely wont be NP cards in spend promo.
    So ppl that charged for NP cards and are waiting spend promo got tricked by PWE in a way.
    What are full endgame ppl supposed to do with that 1200 gold now ? Spend it on pax ?
    PWE should finish this rotation at least and if they gotta end the NP promos and just do regular ones so ppl who charged for NP cards can finish it.
    I said PWE could refund the ppl that spent money to get gold and are sitting on 1200 gold waiting for promo.
    I dont know what isnt clear here.

Read again what i said next time.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    First of Ill say that I 100% agree that this Nuema Portal Promotion stuff is terrible and should have never happened in the first place. BUT It was started, and now it must be finished, at least this card cycle. It is unacceptable to lure people in with a 6-step project which requires a huge financial commitment and decide to call it quits half way.

Furthermore, your statement that China values random S cards at 2300$ is complete horsecrap.
    One of the most inefficient ways to get S cards is by being War Avatar Treasure Boxes for 4 gold each in the boutique. These boxes have a 2% chance to yield an S card, which means even with the most inefficient method you can get random S cards at 200 gold each (on average).

In fact, there are only 52 different S cards, 6 of which are Nuema Portal cards, which means there's an 11.5% chance that one of these cards is a Nuema Portal Card. Which means that EVEN a Nuema Portal card isn't valued at $2000 on our version. Now of course when you bring SPECIFIC Nuema Portal cards into the conversation that price gets cranked up a lot, but to say that China values Random S cards at $2300,- or higher but make Treasure Boxes availabe for 4 gold (without sale) doesn't seem quite right to me.

Inb4 S pack sale. Gotta cash out on all the people that spent 4800$/6000$ on absolutely nothing, unless they buy those sweet S packs n spend another $10000 on the last card. (Because, just to reitterate, Nuema Portal cards are worth NOTHING unless u have all 6 of them)

Happy to say I never partook in any of the NP Promos, because I was so afraid exactly this would happen eventually, I just expected that to be sooner than this.
  • sunnynight
    sunnynight Posts: 45 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Since missing Astrid in August of 2016 without forewarning of the promo, many players have anticipated and invested in a second chance. This current round of promos was set with much notice and expectation.

With much anticipation, any player with both the capacity and intent to partake in collecting the set is currently doing so.

I believe that finishing at least this set of cards down to the lifeprime card is fair and includes all cash shoppers and free to play players with both the ability and intent thereby leaving no one out.

People left out will be those with future ability and intent, but not present. After completing this set of cards a future plan can be made for making the set available for aspiring players down the road that will be acceptable to China.

Terminating this set of promos is simply not an acceptable solution.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    aeron#3369 wrote: »
    sawyers wrote: »
    Now I cash shopped to get my first 5 cards - not 6k $ but paying 1000+ $ for a part in a video GAME and then in the end dont get ANYTHING out of it, is just insane.

Enough said, why are you guys even paying that much in a game ? time to spend your money in real life.

For those who want to get their nuema portal and spend money to fill the lack of gameplay, here is the solution :

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48182
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48183
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48184
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48185
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48186
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/48187

Now stop your **** here, I think that's fair enough to stop the Nuema Portal promotion, too many nuema set now, farmers can still have AEU set and be op enough, just learn to play :o well I know why would you even learn to play when you outgear everyone ? - I don't know... may-be because it is a video game and the objective is playing... otherwise let a robot play your character he'll be even stronger than you.

I'm just hoping that this cycle could atleast be finished first before changing the system >_>
    Been at 4/6 for roughly 2 years LOL.. actually couldd've been one of the first on our server if I participated in the promos early but at that time only 1 or 2 people were actually doing it. Got my 5th card sometime last year by luck on packs. Currently sitting on 70+ S cards; owning i think 38/52 on the list, no NP set and annoyingly not even a single 4 card set complete, 3/4 for them all Q.Q
    Idk if I'm lucky or unlucky; having currently full RB1/2 NP cards without that last card
    I only started taking part in the promos midway last cycle after getting my 5th by at which point astrid was already gone as it was the 1st or 2nd card, dont remember.

I have tried using those essence packs (Type specific) and have had no luck whatsoever xD spent maybe 3b or so on the essences and got only 1 S card :sweat:

Got annoyed when I found out the order will be switched up, and even more annoyed now that when it's actually next, it probably wont happen...

Would be nice having Type specific artifacts when you destroy S cards
    Could implement a system by which you can trade 10 type specific for 1 card of your choice for that type, or just any 10 or watever for a random one

@soulstormer you didnt get any S cards because the chance is little better than regular packs.
    CS packs: 0.02% for NP card (5000 packs average luck) 4 bucks per pack = $20,000
    Catalyst packs: 0.04% for NP card (2500 packs average luck) 4 bucks per pack =$10,000
    Essence packs: 0.06% for NP card (1666 packs average luck) 5 bucks for essences per pack = $8,330

That 1.6k savings sure gonna convince me to get NP if they use this "solution".... tiger-18.giftiger-18.giftiger-18.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    gouken1 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 u knit picked a solution where it requires a whole change in coding and what not, a change which CAN be possible in next to next expansion of bringing a chest that is not even present in our version but ignored every other post regarding continuing this cycle and keep YOUR word, based on which SO many players CS'ed or saved gold for weeks if not months.
    So many things PWI has messed up over the years but this is another level of making already limited player base suffer specifically players who CS and help this game run.

I'm not sure if you're saying that I can just tell them to implement any sort of coding specific solutions or if you're saying I'm only calling out one as a possible solution and ignoring everything else. If it's the former, dev cycles work a certain way, so I can't just tell them to implement something and that it needs to be done immediately. If it's the later, I'm fielding for ideas in the short term while I'm trying to keep the primary concern as a live and hot topic.

While we had expectations set up for us and our players, if we get pushback, we'll have to change course depending on how well those discussions go. We're stuck in between a rock and a hard place - where we have our own audiences to cater to, but it is at odds with what CN wants. If we continue to push through doing our own thing, it will have repercussions down the line.

@dingo488 It's not something we just decide lightly/on a whim. I'm merely communicating what they told us their value on such a card would be, not that that value was something we agreed with. They might be basing that more off their roulette (this, however, is purely conjecture), which doesn't exist here and they've never disclosed rates on that versus the boxes/chests/packs they gave us.

I'll be brainstorming in the meantime, but for now, keep up the discussions/feedback and I'll try to hop in when I can!
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    So with a method like "trading 10 S cards of one kind for 1 NP card) getting a specific NP card would cost:

4 gold (10 catalysts) * 50 (2% chance to get a S card) * 6 (different kinds of cards) * 10 (cards you suggested to have) = 12000 gold

So in the end that would be (still including quite a lot of randomness - positive and negative) about 10 times more expensive compared to a NP spend promo for a specific card AND you would lose your gold completely. Ofc with that you could get the whole set if you are lucky but since PWI isnt even able to change a variable value in this game it would take forever for us to get such a system anyway.

I really hope that you realize something: your playerbase is more important than everything else ... sure you aim for profit and so does china ... but without players you dont get anything! So PLEASE at least finish this rotation and come up with a plan for the future as it was mentioned here now 100 times ... it would be nice to get information on that asap and not after the next expansion.
  • vlientje123
    vlientje123 Posts: 5 Arc User
    sunnynight wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Since missing Astrid in August of 2016 without forewarning of the promo, many players have anticipated and invested in a second chance. This current round of promos was set with much notice and expectation.

With much anticipation, any player with both the capacity and intent to partake in collecting the set is currently doing so.

I believe that finishing at least this set of cards down to the lifeprime card is fair and includes all cash shoppers and free to play players with both the ability and intent thereby leaving no one out.

People left out will be those with future ability and intent, but not present. After completing this set of cards a future plan can be made for making the set available for aspiring players down the road that will be acceptable to China.

I agree with this.
    Finishing the cycle is the most fair solution for the present. (ppl who charged/made loss on every card but havent finished set)
    Getting a new system that China likes more, is the most fair solution for the future. (for new people or rb1-2)

I started saving money since april 2016, missed Astrid in August because about 4 days before the promo started we had a 24 hour josd promo and Astrid was unannounced. Finished up to 5/6, haven't geared up or used the money to merch in more than a year in order to finish this set. NP promos are the only thing currently exciting enough to keep me on the game. All new gear that comes out requires years of doing daily instances no one wants to run on my server.

• bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User

Do note, most players who open B-S or C-S packs have already completed an A set and want to move up to a 6 piece S set. 2-4 piece S sets are useless compared to a RB2 WS/Morai set. The rates are honestly not that low if you think about the chance of getting an S card. Go ahead and open 1000 B-S packs and tell me how many S cards you get on average. I know players who open 500 and get no S card. Others get 3 it is all luck based and the fact that we keep getting useless S cards doesn't help. Like why are there ones with no set bonus?

Here is my idea:
    Trade 25 A Chests for 1 S Chest (Since homestead has a chance to give 1 A chest each day)
    Trade 1 A Chests for 1 B-S pack. (Once you have every A card in the game there isn't a point to these anymore so we want to try for S cards).
    Trade 10 A Packs for 1 A Chest (Since you typically get 1 A card every 10 packs anyway but this allows a fluid trade up)
    Trade 4 S cards of a certain type for a chest of that same type. (Example: 4x Longevity S cards for 1 Longevity S chest think of this as a second chance to get the card you want. This would promote the practicality of players wanting to open those type specific B-S packs.)
    *Trade 5 of same type S cards + 5 artifacts for 1 of the same type NP card. (Example: 5x Battle S cards + 5 artifacts for Kestra)
    Trade 3 cards from the same set for a chest to choose a card from the same set. (I know lots of people who have RB2 cards in a set and still extra duplicates and they are missing 2 other pieces to the set. This makes completing a set even possible. Hell I am sure they would be fine if the chance was random instead if choice. Meaning it would be a random card from the same set.)

Trade ups made for improving on cards: (This way players who own a full 6 piece set can actually improve and benefit from completing their old set.) I know you are saying oh then everyone would have full NP set, but i know players who have spent 10k+ and still never completed a morai/WS set. You can even make this quest a limited turn in for each set. I.e. you can do the trade in total of 3 times.
    Trade a full morai 6 piece A set for 1 NP chest.
    Trade a full WS set for 1 NP chest.
    Trade a 4 piece S set for NP chest.
    (There is also a catch to this because if a player does the trade up they lose all that exp from their set which involves them having to refarm/rebuy all that exp. This then entails more economic benefit because flowsilver coin value will go back up and non csers will have the ability to farm again.)

Note *: This is the option that a lot of players I have asked agree with. This makes it so there isn't an imbalance or flood of NP cards into the game. It also helps filter out the useless S cards. You may think oh that means anyone can get NP easily. The truth is if you think about it someone would need 600 S cards to trade everything for a full non rebirthed set. That is a lot hell of a lot of S cards. Go ahead and query the number of S cards an average player has, it should range between 5-15. This also has a domino effect where it would increase the spending during Catalyst/Essence sales.

Last thing, no one ever wants to make those B-S type specific packs anyway. So the earlier mention of this is irrelevant, the chances of winning an S card in those are a lot lower than winning from a B-S random. Especially when lots of players would rather have that chance of getting a duplicate NP card than getting none at all.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    sunnynight wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

I agree with this.
    Finishing the cycle is the most fair solution for the present. (ppl who charged/made loss on every card but havent finished set)
    Getting a new system that China likes more, is the most fair solution for the future. (for new people or rb1-2)

I started saving money since april 2016, missed Astrid in August because about 4 days before the promo started we had a 24 hour josd promo and Astrid was unannounced. Finished up to 5/6, haven't geared up or used the money to merch in more than a year in order to finish this set. NP promos are the only thing currently exciting enough to keep me on the game. All new gear that comes out requires years of doing daily instances no one wants to run on my server.

Finishing the cycle is the best temporary solution for now. Just to reiterate on what I mentioned earlier; most players didn't want to go for NP before until the coin bag/hs update. With the ability now to actually buy more gold and trade it between accounts, non-csers can actually obtain NP without saving for years. I know some true non-csers who got NP and they were merchanting and saving gold for about 2 years.
  • gouken1
    gouken1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Its the latter part I was hinting at.

You are saying keep discussing this, but we have, at least the ones on forum have expressed what the best solution is, which is please continue this cycle and then stop. So many players who don't come to forum, feel the same way if some GM interacted with people in-game. You are saying if you do this there can be repercussions down the line , but its evident from the huge response that this thread got in 36 hours or less that how big a backlash from playing community will come if you stop the current promos, because a huge amount of supportive Cash shopping community will quit altogether. The repercussions wont be down the line, they will be instant and bad for gaming community of pwi and a massive hit for all of us. Not continuing this cycle will feel like a massive slap in the face to everyone who was working towards this, and it majorly consists of CS'ers and merchants who keep the economy alive ingame. A massive slap saying we dont care, thank you for the money u wasted till now.. now suck it because we did not want to have a conference call with PWCN and standing up to them a bit.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @sin20 that's like me asking for a refund if I don't get exactly what I wanted from packs. The gold is still accessible and can be appropriated. If ppl charged for a item bought said item and was not what he original intention was then I would wholeheartedly understand. But ppl say charged for a specific item they were waiting for and now want a refund when said item owl not come when they have no paid for the item yet? Really? We all take chances with PWI when we cash shop esp packs why should this be any different? May aswell give everyone refunds when packs don't work out. I could understand if you charged 1200 and spent it for the promo and after reset you did not get your NP card, but you didn't spend the gold yet therefore you shouldn't be entitled to a refund just because you changed your mind. I'm not saying ppl didn't get done wrong with this but mass refund is not the answer

@bangbang I think this was the problem when you have true non-CSer get NP it takes money from PWI and devalues it (to china I guess but gg their logic) still getting something that cost csers thousands and some ppl free I can see why china had a issue with this. Just make it cheaper or make it charged based ig
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sunnynight
    sunnynight Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yep I haven't changed my gear since September either, I've put everything on hold since then and churning out 1200g every month is like a job. Could've put everything into max starchart and serenity stones and enjoyed the game earning better rewards in NW, tnf, arena, and better supporting my faction in tw/xtw. People should make no mistake, merchanting this stuff for free to play is a job and even feels like a prison at times to keep up with the pace.

It takes alot of work and effort for merchants not just farmers, overheating shop PC's that can no longer run any longer than 5 minutes without three external fans cooling them keeping you awake at night, toast computer or parts replacement costs, electrical costs for PC's, fans, and house AC. Responsibility to keep everything going and shop upkeep impacts real life work and sleeping schedules and takes away from our lives, it has certainly made me late to work in the mornings and sleep late in the night. Merchanting these cards is a job to us and requires sacrifice, and at the end terminating this card series would be taking away our paycheck, and the financial cost and tolls to our lives and time could have been better spent elsewhere. This is a game and makes people ask why they ever wasted their time, how much better that time and money could've been spent in real life, hobbies, career, family, friends, entertainment.

Not to mention planning your vacation schedule around PWIs promo schedule so not to miss a card and be screwed. Then the ones of us that remotely connect to our PC's at home while away on vacation to upkeep shops and make sure we spend our 1200g from a tiny laggy as hell phone screen instead of enjoying our trip.

Hell I'm wasting my work day right now just spending time responding to this thread.
  • courtesy#6311
    courtesy#6311 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Finish the cycle. There shouldn't be any debate on stopping the cycle midway. It has been advertised that a FULL cycle will be done, not 2 cards. That's the reason why MANY people charged THOUSANDS of $ to start getting the set. You can't take our money and say oops, sorry we can't keep our promise because someone else is telling us they want more money. $2300 is ludicrous per card, no discussion. It is out of 99.9999% of the playerbase's budget to get S cards at that price. In addition, to all the idiots who say it's at their discretion and people still benefit from the gold they charged by spending it in their gear. That is ridiculous. The primary intention for many csers are actually the NP cards, not the coins they can spend on their gear. Why do I say this? I'd be perfectly content with +10 vit shards instead of +2atk/def shards on my gear if it means i wasn't charging for NP card. For all the people who do not cs and are not remotely interested in PvP aspects or even improving their character's power (be it through spend promo or just content with their +7 year etc) you don't have a say in this, simply because you're not nearly as invested as majority of the players who are 'QQing' about them trying to stop the promo. It is imperative you finish the cycle, you can announce this is the last cycle, or to make changes in the NEXT cycle, but do what you @kalystconquerer#0876 promised us, finish the cycle in accordance to the I.D codes of each card. ~Also, why does it matter how many people in PWI get nuema portal, pretty sure CN has many too. What I don't understand is why they are complaining? There is no point in creating a card set that was never intended for people to obtain. The only way for people to get the set is through ultimate spend promo otherwise S packs or anything related to getting S cards is simply not feasible. With over 50+ S cards nd need 6 separate cards, the likelihood of getting the set is abysmal, even if you invest a few thousand dollars, and let me put CN back down to earth. This is a F2P game with IN-GAME items that cost more than some peoples quarterly salary (total salary, for rent, food etc etc).
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    Finishing he cycle doesn't solve the problem @courtesy#6311 it's basically saying finish it so we can get our NP everyone after that it's their fault for not starting earlier. The set became way more common than china wanted how is finishing it the solution more ppl with NP so china can be even more bothered by how many ppl saved money they could have gotten? @saxroll got it right tbh make it around 800 charge promo for NP chest not a bad idea
  • courtesy#6311
    Finishing he cycle doesn't solve the problem @courtesy#6311 it's basically saying finish it so we can get our NP everyone after that it's their fault for not starting earlier. The set became way more common than china wanted how is finishing it the solution more ppl with NP so china can be even more bothered by how many ppl saved money they could have gotten? @saxroll got it right tbh make it around 800 charge promo for NP chest not a bad idea

It solves the main problem right now, and that's the people who already invested several thousand dollars on the cards and unable to complete because they pause mid cycle, if they stop after cycle, no one lose REAL LIFE coins for it.
  • blazerboy
    @courtesy#6311 key words "it solves the main problem right now" basically saying you and the ppl who did this cycle get it everyone after that sorry **** off we are stronger because we were quicker than you? That's just more problems later. You can quiet the masses now but give it 6 months to a year and the people who are ready feel alienated the last group got a pardon but now they will never catch up. Atleast keeping the amount as is keeps from making more through this method causing more ppl to feel alienated. Atleast I think that's what they may be considering. Now I know what you're thinking what about those who got it before me? Well yes this is true it's unfair but it's still a small denomination with a edge I think this cycle across all servers would give atleast like 15+ which imo atm there's already too much adding a good wave now then suddenly stopping it may cause negative results in the near future. Maybe completely cutting it off may be extreme but limiting it more without using the rediculous system china set in place for us may be best
  • courtesy#6311
    @courtesy#6311 key words "it solves the main problem right now" basically saying you and the ppl who did this cycle get it everyone after that sorry **** off we are stronger because we were quicker than you? That's just more problems later. You can quiet the masses now but give it 6 months to a year and the people who are ready feel alienated the last group got a pardon but now they will never catch up. Atleast keeping the amount as is keeps from making more through this method causing more ppl to feel alienated. Atleast I think that's what they may be considering. Now I know what you're thinking what about those who got it before me? Well yes this is true it's unfair but it's still a small denomination with a edge I think this cycle across all servers would give atleast like 15+ which imo atm there's already too much adding a good wave now then suddenly stopping it may cause negative results in the near future. Maybe completely cutting it off may be extreme but limiting it more without using the rediculous system china set in place for us may be best

Again, wrong. They never promised there will be another cycle after this one, so they are free to do as they please after this cycle, the people who invested in this current cycle after being promised the cycle and given the order in which they will come, should ultimately get it. That is what I meant by 'main problem now.' And you seem to be under the assumption that after this cycle, they should eliminate any method of getting the set. I have not said anything about that, I merely mentioned the top priority and that is to respect what they stated they will offer for it's huge customer base. They can devise new ways to implement new costs / chances etc after the cycle. But they should not deviate from original plans since many players, in particular the huge cash shoppers of each server, has set up their goals -spending many months waiting patiently- around this plan. It maybe PWI's fault for doing these promos ever to begin with, nonetheless, should not exclude the people who has already invested so much time and money into obtaining these cards from finishing. Not only is it unfair, it's plainly cruel. The players of this game are already frustrated with the direction this game as turned in the recent years, this just pushes many more people over the edge. Why should we suffer the consequences for PWI's actions / inactions or CN's ideals.
  • mayben0t
    mayben0t Posts: 9 Arc User

do you have your NP set or you didn't do the promos and have 0?

I want them to finish this cycle even though I am only 4/6 needing Astrid and Althea, which I won't get now since Althea was the first card this cycle....
    they already started it and now they have to finish it and shouldn't **** ppl over that spent a lot on the cards thinking they'd finish theirs?

• blazerboy
    @mayben0t I do not have the set. I honestly have none of them yet. You wanting the promo isn't a issue I personally want them to continue this but as a charge not spend system myself but that's besides the point. It's not the issue of PWI trying to **** ppl over it's literally china issue and the consequences later for finishing this one as is and may be not doing more later

@courtyesy#6311 you didn't read what I said. I said they should make it harder by making it a charge system not spend not completely remove it. Judging by your statement "you seem under the assumption they should remove any method of getting the set" when did I say that? I specifically said they shouldnt, I don't do that you really read what I said. Moreover just because PWI stated they are doing it doesn't mean they can go behind China's back there's many other ppl who have stated the game is run through a helicopter parent system what china says go. If china doesn't want this or we'll never did we just have to live with it.
  • justuskk
    justuskk Posts: 5 Arc User
    By posting a scheduled order of NP promos they have created a belief in their customers that the set could be completed. Failing to follow through with this is grounds for chargeback on all accounts. I never did this so it does not affect me. If it did, I would be considering that option.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    It really seems like China wants to use a game model where they dangle a mythical carrot on a stick and PWI players are expected to chase after it by throwing wads of cash into the wind and hoping they somehow catch it.

Everything is absolutely purely based RNG now when it comes down to in-game progression.

Cards . . . You could invest around 6.5 billion for a full AEU set (I did this. 4.5 bil was spent on attempting to open the sixth card because the others are one-hundred percent worthless without all six), or you could pick it up from six random packs (odds are you won't.) Afterwards, you have to consider doing it four more times for rebirths.

Starchart materials take years to farm. Or you can spend $1,000 just to go from 15-20 aptitude, one quarter of the levels. You're also going to blow at least that much again hoping for a good roll -- or you could get lucky with RNG after one roll.

G17 takes years to farm. And they refuse to give us the cross-server tournament to "make things easier."

Bloods and Spirit Levels have gotten easier to obtain, but it's still a long, monotonous, horrendously repetitively process.

Runes/Glpyhs . . . The dust hasn't settled yet, but I'm prepared to say we're all going to be in this for the long haul as well. Good luck with the RNG leveling them up.

I'm still bitter about a US EAST server being forced onto a EUROPEAN server where we can attend ABSOLUTELY ZERO in-game events.

It would be naive to expect everything to be immediately accessible, but when a majority of the players haven't caught up or completed content that was released over three years ago, where does it stop? How much time and money are players expected to invest into this game just to stay competitive and 'up to date' with the never-ending grind?

At the least, the NP cycles offered something concrete that was available to both csers and non-csers a like.

This discussion has been closed.