When is Astrid Promo going to come!!?

Comments

• cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Stop these promos ... wasn't needed anyways
    Its possible to obtain this set without these free promos.. just stop them...

You've said this twice already. We get it you don't like the promo.. however obviously others feel very differently than you based on their own posts.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Its possible to obtain this set without these free promos.. just stop them...

At 0,04% chance per card per ~14m pack, yea its possible but completely unreasonable.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • commisso202
    commisso202 Posts: 20 Arc User
    So because others feel differently about it than me does that make my posts irrelevant? I'm simply answering people when they say its impossible. And 14m is unreasonable? You farm your coin your entitled to spend it on whatever you want. What you are not entitled to is a free way of getting the best set in the game currently. All i see is QQ. Earn your stuff dont have it handed to you :smiley:
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Actually, there's a good point in that the Artifacts (as far as I'm aware) currently have no use...*thinks*

While I know this is a pretty touchy topic, I'd still want your guys feedback on it and I want to reach a solution that works for everyone. I've been in and out of meetings and discussions all day today about this, so this is at the forefront of my agenda (aside from the usual Dragon's Conquest concerns and Arigora)

If you have any ideas for a resolution (maybe making it palletable for the CN side or some way to balance things out here on our side) leave those ideas here! Or you could make a new thread either is fine.
  • gouken1
    gouken1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I think people left a reasonable resolution already. Just complete this cycle and announce that this is going to be last cycle. Instead of 2 weeks, make it 1 week promo if you want to make it harder and say to PWCN that you made it harder for people. Also convey that promos were announced in a way to come in future and now people have already Cash shopped and prepared to cash shop in near future to complete their set. Convey that stopping promo now will bring a huge backlash from player base resulting in major $ loss which NO ONE WANTS IN YOUR COMPANY.

No offense but in all those those meetings you had all day, did no one puts concern of player base forward, just to avoid some minor backlash from PWCN, that you guys can handle over a small conference call?
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Ok, keep doing NP promos, just change NP card value to 2300g.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Make the NP promos happen less frequent? And put random spend promos inbetween
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    There is no reasonable solution in my opinion if PWCN insists on either nullifying charge rewards or dramatically jacking the price. Either way the change means that certain people will get NP while others do not. Yes, we can say that it is reasonable in a game like this for there to be paywalls on such high value objects, but to double the paywall PLUS a year after release on old content? To allow a small percentage of the playerbase that had the advantage of thousands of gold already available to cash in on an unadvertised limited time half-off sale? That is completely ludicrous.

Solution? It's not even a solution, but PWCN removed the roulette for our version and gave us chance packs instead. If each card is valued at 2300+ then remove the promo and scale down the chance packs. at 0.02% for an NP card, packs should be like 30 silver, not 4 gold. AVERAGE cost of a card is like 10k through chance packs and im not deluded enough to believe that PWCN isn't fully aware of this small little fact when they are asking PWE to remove the promos.

Every day I'm more amazed at how far PWCN will go to alienate this playerbase. Yeah, we have whales that will pay a million dollars USD+ for a star chart, or who will stay at home all day to farm 11 years dailies for a piece of gear, but they need to realize these people are the exception, not the norm. We are not PWCN with 10k bots to move our economy forward.

I try to take things in stride, but I can't even right now.​​
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • keihan007#7641
    So because others feel differently about it than me does that make my posts irrelevant? I'm simply answering people when they say its impossible. And 14m is unreasonable? You farm your coin your entitled to spend it on whatever you want. What you are not entitled to is a free way of getting the best set in the game currently. All i see is QQ. Earn your stuff dont have it handed to you :smiley:

You are absolutely ridiculous. Nobody is asking to be given free set, there is very small minority who would be getting it for "free".

These promos drain 1,2k gold from server per card. Just think bout the number, 1,2k gold. For each card somebody charged 1,2k gold worth of money. For PWE it makes zero difference who charges the gold and who spends it. But these promos are partially at fault for high gold prices, which in turn makes ppl more likely to charge as they get more for their buck.

PWE is giving nobody a free set and it definitely helps them financially to do these promos. If somebody farms, merchants, etc. the in game coin to buy gold for cards, so what? They are actively making the game more appealing to CSers by providing items/services.

Just do some math at what 0,04% chance of 14m per pack is gonna end up with. You could quite literally get maxed endgame toon outside of cards and glyphs for that money.

• courtesy#6311
    courtesy#6311 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly, this will probably make me quit the game for good. I, along with few of my friends in game, have charged several K$'s to every ultimate spend promo. I alone charged over 2,000 gold in the last 30days waiting and waiting impatiently for Astrid. I am currently 4/6 cards and I charge each ultimate spend promo and 3 of these cards are from there. I know for a fact I've csed over 6k USD to collect the set. You advertised it as a new cycle, implying it was gonna be the complete cycle. Here's a good solution if you refuse to complete the cycle because of CN, GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK TO THE HEAVY CSERS THAT CHARGE RELIGIOUSLY for the set. I want all my RL money back from csing to get those 4 cards.

Either finish the cycle like advertised at the start that it's a 'cycle with full rotation based on pwdatabase I.D' or refund the money we spent on obtaining the cards. This game already died in quality due to failing its player base's expectations with constant delays in promos - even your charge reward system often has issues. I am extremely P*SSED off and many of my friends also if PWE choose not to finish the cycle. And $2300+ per card? Which regular gamer can afford to splash $13800+ for IN-GAME items. I speak on behalf of the community when I say it's BS to stop the cycle half way through. It's unfair to those who charged thousands of gold, it's unfair to those who spend weeks stacking up gold in auction, months farming. And it's extremely unfair to those who don't already have NP set. Tell CN to stop being greedy with money because guess what... The biggest impact this promo has, is on your largest cash shoppers, the people who keep this game alive and i guarantee you now, stopping mid cycle will push many including myself over the edge and just uninstall the game.
  • topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    10 or 15, 20 artifacts = card by choice.
    How could be done: Player make 10 artifacts- takes screenshot, sell them to NPC, send ticket with screenshot and date, when items got NPC-ed, requesting name or ID card. Next maintenance you send the requested card.
    This will stimulate opening c/b-s packs, cause ppl will know even if theyr luck suck pretty bad, atleast there is some cap and soon or later you'll get what you need.

Or that what already been said - 2300g value for spend.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Well the only thing I can say is that a lot of endgame players have been planning their spending and charging around these Neuma portal spend promos and gotten used to the cycle. A lot of players would think, "oh if I spend this much then charge this much money I can get a card now, then I can wait for another charge promo 3 months down the line and reload and get the next card", etc etc. That gave players something to look forward to in terms of spending. Asking players to gamble $2300 per card and still not get a guaranteed NP set is too much.

The fact that its been going on for YEARS with nary a peep from China makes me feel like it's more a rash overreaction from China rather than players having unreasonable expectations.

If anything maybe reduce the rewards from the mid tiers (250-800), so that newbies can still get a decent supply of oceans while endgame players still have something to look forward to at the top tier. I honestly thought the +12 orb at 250 at the last NP was too much and I knew China would throw a fit over it.
  • keihan007#7641
    You wanted suggestions, here is one.

Keep the promo as it is but instead of guaranteed NP card, make it NP chest you used for bartering event. That way its not guaranteed card but random, which might pacify the CN.

I will however say this, finishing this cycle and then doing changes is by far the best solution you can offer us. Increasing the price midway would be complete bs and I feel it would drive more ppl away than randomizing the NP card.

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    These promos have been going on for 2 years without any catastrophic consequences. Whatever worries CN has are unfounded.

As a solution I suggest you just continue running the promos. Best case it flies under CN's radar for another 2 years. Worst case you say "Ooops, I thought we disabled those..." This is PWI after all, you folks never get anything right on the first try.
  • sergab
    sergab Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Why are people acting like they lost the 1,200 gold they spent each time to get the card? If you do it any smart way at all, you can break even after spending that 1200 gold after reselling stuff. Some people have even made profit from it. It has to be a seriously bad sale at the time to actually lose a "big" amount of money. It is incredibly easy to use the same 1,200 gold over and over again after buying/reselling to get all 6 of the cards. If you used the 1,200 gold to buy things to build your character, that's on you, you would have spent that amount either way. PWI knows how technically easy it was to not have to spend more than 1200 gold to get the set. These sales weren't a right that players get, it was a generous opportunity so suck up the loss and move on.
  • mayben0t
    mayben0t Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    2300gold is ridiculous, why would you even suggest that?

finish this cycle as you said @kalystconquerer#0876 in the order you mentioned
    the "solution" should be for the next cycle.
  • merrickxkun
    merrickxkun Posts: 9 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Dear Kaly, abruptly ending these promos in such a manner would only anger the community, especially the bigger spenders who were promised earlier this year another full cycle of NP cards and even given the order in which they would be delivered in.

Being one of the original NP owners, before any S chest or NP promos were implemented, I of course disliked the promos at the time. But given that these cards were promised in promos for this year, I think the best way to go about this would to be to continue with the planned release of the remaining 3-4 cards, then perhaps stop the promos after that if that's the only option.

My cards are all stuck at rb1 with no chance to rb2 any, but I feel for the people who spent their gold for earlier cards after hearing that they would all be released in the promos to come this year.

Another option would be to slow down the release of these promos. The NP promos were becoming all too frequent and people would have been on pace to rb2 their sets in under 2 yrs from the promos alone. Perhaps a larger gap between releasing each card could go over more favorably with the Chinese team. I really don't want to see anyone quit over this. I'm sure the players can make a compromise along with the other parties involved that at the end of the day leaves everyone feeling better about the situation.

Thank you
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You should ask CN (or possibly yourself) why exactly they do not want us to have these promos:

1. They want people to get them randomly
    [lower the price for S-Packs by atleast 1000%]

2. "You" want to make more profit
    [keep everything the way it is ... since believe me nobody will cash shop multiple 10k gold for a chance to finish the set at the current state of the game]

3. "You" want to lose a significant amount of your playerbase including a lot of cash shopper and end game player
    [remove the spend promo]

And whatever you do please consider what the community here wants too... and that is that you at least finish this rotation and announce and explain this openly
    Post edited by sawyers on
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Sorry this is really starting to feel like PWI is trying (and successfully) get us to suggest to increase the price of these NP cards.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    The entire suggestion that these cards be removed from promotional rotation is an absolute slap in the face to every single player whether they have participated in a single NP rotation or not.

You are effectively saying, "Oops, some players are just going to have something that that you will never obtain. Sucks to be you."

Tons and tons of people have spent gold on this game specifically for the purpose of these rotations. Removing this method of obtaining the cards is equivalent to stealing their money and laughing in their face after the fact. The in-game gold is still there, sure, but now you're telling us that these players can't spend it in the way they wanted? "Thanks for spending $55,000 on a new Tesla! Thanks for your money, but we no longer sell Teslas. Here's your used Ford Pinto instead. No, you do not have a choice in the matter, and there is nothing you can do about it."

Seriously?

What about all the people who have been saving up for the promos by busting their **** farming for months and months? Numerous people sold off every G17 mat they had just to collect gold for these promos. People have set themselves back by close to a year on making progress in that area so that they could make progress in this one. Is PWI going to magically return all those profaned woods, skulls, and other UP mats?

We've suffered through outrageous ping and inaccessible event times by being forced onto a European server, and now you're telling us that we can't even progress through the game in the same fashion other players did? This isn't the first time this has happened (ie: removing Metal of Glory being farmable with DQ points, the now-infamous +11/+12 orb sale). How do you think this reflects on PWI as a company?

• skullz818
    skullz818 Posts: 11 Arc User
    So you baited us for the catch and then released the hook, just saying I am very upset, I would like to complete my NP set with Astrid.
    No Threat, No Swearing, just get it done for the sake of the players ij this game.
  • lamb91
    lamb91 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    wow i didnt notice this before, but now i can see the CSERS Q.Q...
    lets be honest, A NON-CSER doesnt mind if the promo keeps going or not, we will not ever get these cards from 2300$ each
    so its the best to stop the charger rewards NOW, so we stop the huge gap between the haves (csers) and the have not(non-csers)
    or make the np set farmeable or selleable, which will never occur.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    > @lamb91 said:
    > wow i didnt notice this before, but now i can see the CSERS Q.Q...
    > lets be honest, A NON-CSER doesnt mind if the promo keeps going or not, we will not ever get these cards from 2300$ each
    > so its the best to stop the charger rewards NOW, so we stop the huge gap between the haves (csers) and the have not(non-csers)o
    > r make the np set farmeable or selleable, which never occur.

And thats where youre wrong. These promos are distinctly the only way non csers could obtain np.
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    Please complete the promo's and if possible leave the prices as is 1200G.
    The only GOP
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I fail to understand how people feel cheated when it's a SPEND promo... @sergab said it best in no way did you lose your investment. If you spent 1200 to build on your char that's a update you eventually were going to do anyways? No loss there. If you bought and resell (sometimes making a profit depending what's in O) you profited not to mention all the free other items in the tiers. Seriously some ppl sound like you were borderline highway robbed. I would like them to change it to a 800 charge promo and you get your specific card. This way it's harder to get so CN can calm down, PWCN gets thier money, and ppl can stop complaining because it's possible and also actually easier for some ppl who can't spend all their time checking thier shops or AH all the time to see if stuff bought/Sold. Because if it's so much about money charged that ppl claim they spent (I claim bs on this based on how many ppl said "NP is easy just patience now") but still confused how ppl are willing to quit based on the fact they never directly paid for the cards.. Atleast I don't think they were directly paid for.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    So after 1 year of Struggling,merching and Farming, i was able to get 4/6 NP cards and now u're saying that this might be the last NP promo, because China is not allowing it? bs, ok ok, i could use the 1200 Gold to max my starchart, maybe even go Serenity stones (not even full Serenity...), i had to Skip Soul Controller Saki because i simply couldn't merch 1200 gold in enough time, but now on the last card of the rotation, china wanna cut it down? i know at least 6 people that would complete the NP set with astrid, there's probably way more, if u cut this Nuema portal promo down, Cut it now and don't further increase the Gap between the players.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    ^ further proof someone didn't really lose a investment and agree with their final statement
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Is it possible to replace war avatar artefack for a card back?
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    im severely disappointed by this news. whether youre a cser or non cser should be relavant here. Everyone should have an equal opportunity as everyone else.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Actually, there's a good point in that the Artifacts (as far as I'm aware) currently have no use...*thinks*

While I know this is a pretty touchy topic, I'd still want your guys feedback on it and I want to reach a solution that works for everyone. I've been in and out of meetings and discussions all day today about this, so this is at the forefront of my agenda (aside from the usual Dragon's Conquest concerns and Arigora)

If you have any ideas for a resolution (maybe making it palletable for the CN side or some way to balance things out here on our side) leave those ideas here! Or you could make a new thread either is fine.

Actually, after going over everything for a bit, I think if we were to go the route of no more NP spend promos, I wouldn't be upset if they compensated by making other spend promos better. The sparkle packs are really good because they provide some relief in the cost of DoD/DoT.

They could also give out War Avatar catalysts in spend promos or discount them a bit more so the S-packs aren't so expensive. That would provide viable ways to get the set without spend promo.

In all honesty, the entire set will on average cost ~$2000 if you take advantage of catalyst sales. I think China would much rather prefer people spending $7200 on random junk in spend promos. Without good spend promos, pack sales will go down the drain. I'm willing to bet at least half of the money spent on promos is blown on packs.

If you look at it that way, for every person that obtains nuema portal, PWI is guaranteed to make $7200 in revenue off "other" items. And a LOT of people are legitimately aiming for NP. That's a lot of money. Every cycle I hear of people charging $200-600 in "anticipation" of a NP spend promo during zen sales.
This discussion has been closed.