When is Astrid Promo going to come!!?

gouken1
gouken1 Posts: 25 Arc User
Seems like GMs really dont want someone to get their Astrid. Feels like some personal anger being dished out in this manner on some people.. xD Because seriously how long you are going to delay this promo... Its getting frustating.

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    From the Maintenance thread.
    As far as the War Avatar promos are concerned, we're taking massive heat from CN, which is currently causing a delay in what we can offer. We'll have a more official statement and update once we get the details sorted, but suffice to say they are not entirely happy with having guaranteed cards. They knew we were doing this promo and offering it, but because they feel the cards are becoming severely devalued and that they want the cards to be chance-focused, this is causing a bit of tension. This isn't just affecting the S cards either - even the A cards of desired sets they prefer to be chance based.

We'll continue to try and work with them on this as this has been an ongoing topic of discussion behind the scenes for about 2-3 months now.

@nbreaking We'll take a look at this! That's rather...strange.

Also, I did unstick a character during maintenance to check that the cross server was releasing people normally, so apologies to RedBetty if I spooked them!

EDIT : Shuttling this over to the Official Announcement's forum!
    ​​
  • gouken1
    ...... They were taking heat from PWCN but still did the Obscure Reaper promo to make them more angry... Did they tell PWCN that they messed up that promo that everyone who spent 1 silver got that card? And now holding on the Astrid promo which is 1200 gold promo, not even some small amount. Really I dont know what to say anymore.
  • topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    Ok then, complete the rotation and get done with it. People will know from now and not gonna stash 1200 gold forever.
    Changing the rotation itself was huge troll, and now this.....
    Ok china don't want it - but you started it, you can't just dump 2 cards and get over, just complete the whole set and say that promo will be over. This also include the warsong set.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    If you guys are getting heat for a promo you been doing for 2 years by now(?), why would you provoke CN further with the WS card promos? From what I understand NP is a lot more prominent on CN servers so I dont quite understand why they would throw tantrums now when the promo has been going on for as long as it already has been. Finish this cycle, fair bit of ppl been charging, expecting to be able to get their sets, during the first 2 cards. You havent promised anything but starting the cycle, like so many times before, implies there will be all the cards available. If thats not gonna be the case, you are taking a dump on some of your larger CSers.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    If PWI stops the Nuema Portal Spend Promos that would be very unfair since many players have it already and for newer players its simply impossible to get without these Promos. I mean not even super heavy cash shoppers could get it during times with just random cards.
  • swapneelk
    swapneelk Posts: 45 Arc User
    Dear Katalyst,
    I would strongly suggest that you do astrid as the last fixed card promo and tell the pwi community that henceforth it will be random card so it's not a sudden surprise to people.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    The A cards were already whitelisted and had been used in the past - what drew their ire was not the A cards. However when we asked them if A cards were ok, they felt like putting the can on those as well. They still might be whitelisted, but I haven't tried any test sends since the last one wrapped up.

CN intended them to be by chance. Their values on the S cards? 2,300$+ with emphasis on the "+" and that's not the Neuma Portal specific ones, this is all S cards. In CN they had only ran (to my knowledge) an entire set once during a set promotional period and then never again. They have told us in no uncertain terms, that these promos are not good and they see no point once someone gets the full set (I think they seemed to have forgotten about rebirthing...)

We want to keep providing great promos for our players, but at the same time, drawing too much frustration from CN will strain the relationship.
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    Please let us know once you made a decision on that. If you stop the Neuma Promo I will instantly quit since it just massively unfair to allow some players to get it and deny it for the rest.

Even for your own profit this would just be horrible... many players cash shop a lot to be able to use these promos... but who would cash shop 20k $ (can u please be realistic) to have maybe a chance to complete the set...
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    This is just insanity from CN..I really think those people lack common sense. They give you that much heat over stuff no one really cares about but they do nothing to cater to the needs of the players here...like seriously? It gives the impression that they wanna get rid of PWE as their partner and bully you out of it. Then again, afaik PWE is directly part of PWCN so that can't be it. Well, it just doesnt make any sense..
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    At least finish this cycle before stopping it. A lot of us csers and non csers have been saving up gold for months just to get the set. It is a bit unfair to start something and then stop it right away. Like what if you went to college for your degree and then 2 years into it the college says hey we are closing the college. Thanks for your money and no degree for you.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    How about the feelings of the players that spend 1200 gold each for 1 - 5 cards so far and will now left out in the cold ? At least finish the cycle please
  • gouken1
    PWCN thinks that this is some rare only mmo game left in world that they put a value of 2300$+ (with empahasis on + please, We dont want them to be angry over leaving the +) on some item??? Are they really thinking straight??

BTW @kalystconquerer#0876 posted in earlier threads many times that Astrid is next card and they will do promo according to ID of cards this time. At least finish this cycle then and then say this is LAST promo ever. Many players CS'ed 100s of $ already in order to get their NP cards based on your word. you can make argument that promos were announced to come, and you cant go back and not do promos as this will further diminish the player base. You want to lose more player base or want to avoid a little tension with PWCN which you can counter with logic/facts and current state of game and population in game?!!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    That is very unfortunate. Basically, if cards are no longer being offered PW has created super-characters that the remaining of the player base that has not already earned this set will never easily be able to catch up to. Congrats to the players who jumped on the NP wagon while it was wheeling.​​
  • sunlightfalls
    sunlightfalls Posts: 29 Arc User
    And what about the people who have charged and spent the 1200 and have 4/6 NP cards? If they are going to stop the NP promos then stop it now. In no way is the entire situation fair to anyone. People still charged and saved to get this set. So just having one last NP promo to give people the set and then not give others the same chance isn't fair either.
    I think a lot more people will end up quitting if they can't finish thier NP set.
  • bangbang
    I am pretty sure if this promo gets removed more and more players will quit. The promo actually gave non-csers a chance to compete with csers. Once it is gone there is no way for a non-cser to even compare with a cser. It will also cause a domino effect.

Less gold being charged into the game, because no spend promo worth spending for.
    Less gold charged means less gold in game.
    Less gold in game means less pack items.
    Less pack items mean players will all be stuck with overpriced shards or scarcity of shards.
    Less shards to improve gears leaves players unwilling to play.
    Unwilling to play because they die in 1 hit to everyone will just made this a terrible game and they will quit.
    If all players quit PW employees lose their jobs,
    If PW employees lose their jobs PWI closes down.
    If PWI closes down then no more in game fashion.
    Sad day.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I charged some real life money during a charge bonus specific for the upcoming Astrid promo, as this was a promo I couldnt generate enough ingame coins in time...

.................. >.>
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    The A cards were already whitelisted and had been used in the past - what drew their ire was not the A cards. However when we asked them if A cards were ok, they felt like putting the can on those as well. They still might be whitelisted, but I haven't tried any test sends since the last one wrapped up.

CN intended them to be by chance. Their values on the S cards? 2,300$+ with emphasis on the "+" and that's not the Neuma Portal specific ones, this is all S cards. In CN they had only ran (to my knowledge) an entire set once during a set promotional period and then never again. They have told us in no uncertain terms, that these promos are not good and they see no point once someone gets the full set (I think they seemed to have forgotten about rebirthing...)

We want to keep providing great promos for our players, but at the same time, drawing too much frustration from CN will strain the relationship.

so CN just wake up after 2 years ? do you even know how bad this will be ? how many going to quit cause of this ? the huge advantage?

why i feel that you guys making this up so you can raise the price of the NP cards !! not making enough money anymore ?

• bangbang
    edited May 2017
    Also, their gold rate is completely different than ours. If they expected us to chance pack our way to NP then make the war avatar catalysts affordable. 40 cents for each, and you need 10 for even 1 chance pack is ridiculous. You are paying 4$+ a chance pack that is more expensive than any other pack that you have given us. The + is for the fact you also need 10 flowsilver coins which is a farmed only item.
    Also the fact that the cards don't stack and they fill up your bag causing lots of annoyance and downtime. CN server even has the General Card Buy system which we don't. d_showdialog Win_GeneralCardBuy and Win_CardBuy.

If you want to remove NP then make avatar catalysts 4 cents each along with having to buy/farm flowsilver coins from other players. Give us the same chances that CN has to obtain cards because we have all these missing features.

I don't think they realize how under populated our version is and how we don't have bots farming everything. They really need to understand our game culture/community is completely different than theirs. If they are saying $2300+ USD a card that is ridiculous impossible for any non-cser to obtain. Before the update with the coin expansion it took about 4-5 months to even get 1,200 gold from the AH. This is also using several accounts and then using your HS to transfer the gold. If they are that greedy to want an increase in the value then go back and charge all those csers with full RB2 Nuema Portal. The cost of the stats from the cards for that price is ridiculous. No one will want to pay that much for that little; hell even G17-5 is cheaper and gives more.

One last thing; if they are saying each S card is worth $2300+ then give us something to do with all the useless S cards we get. Right now they are nothing but space wasters. We can't devour them we cant resell them we cant do sht. They to me are worth 0 less than 0 because you can't even NPC them. Even bound gears you can NPC for like 1000 coins. Hell if each one is valued at that much I could go out and buy a **** house at this rate. All these useless mismatched S cards with no sets or uncompleted sets. How the hell is anyone suppose to take advantage of the card system. If they actually gave partial set bonuses then I would say okay that price is understandable but no there isn't such a thing.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2017
    shapoopi wrote: »

so CN just wake up after 2 years ? do you even know how bad this will be ? how many going to quit cause of this ? the huge advantage?

why i feel that you guys making this up so you can raise the price of the NP cards !! not making enough money anymore ?

Farthest thing from the truth. These promos flew under their radar more than likely because during all that time, they didn't have that much visibility into how they were set up.

@bangbang I asked them about this Card Buy System and they specifically removed the roulette system from our version and replaced it with the packs and chests. The pricing is hard coded and can not be scaled accordingly in our version.

I'll respond to the rest once I'm finished up with lunch!

EDIT : I should note that in the initial statement from the maintenance thread, when I say they knew we were doing these promos, they knew we were running promos but they didn't have the exact details of what price breakdowns were. I think I might have missed something else earlier, but the error in the promo from the most recent one didn't factor into any of this.
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Strain the relationship or **** off your customers more? There have been a lot of things lately that pwcn is doing that makes no sense for our version of the game.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Does CN even know the amount farm required to gear up normally is just not acceptable for US players? Suddenly yanking the NP set is only going to unbalance the game further by denying access to NP for all new players. Seriously this NP card content is years old and for EACH card to cost 2300+ is insane.

There's still -

$10000+ in star chart
    $10000+ in lvl 10 glyphs
    $10000+ in rebirthing cards to RB2
    $4000+ in G17 r5
    $1500+ in endgame sharding
    $1000+ in refines
    $1000+ in levels + vitae
    $1000+ in endgame BASE gears

And that doesn't even take into account pack gambling, fashions, daily maintenance costs like charms, homestead, repairs, auto-stones, smileys, etc. The only thing China is doing is pissing off the playerbase.

They will NEVER extract that magical "$2300" profit per NP card from any player, ever. Maybe at release. Not 3 years later. They are delusional. If this is their policy I would rather quit the game and hope PWI shuts down permanently in the US.
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    I dont think this is fair, some people have really bad luck with A cards, like me , ive only got 2 sets in like 2 years, and i farm FSJ everyday. I've been excited to start NP, and been ready now for 2 months. I worked my butt off for like 6 months, there are better games out there, with less work, i like things to work towards, but if your going to take that away, thats very disappointing, and i would highly consider moving onto a different game.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    So no more free NP? Let the rage begin lel.. JK.Jk. But this doesn't deny NP to F2P they just have to gamble packs now which eh business as usual. Just hope they replace it with dragonic essences. @saxroll based on my friends (idk about all) but most ppl Ik did their NP completely free recycling gold or well claim to idk. Anyways perhaps this is why CN is upset. The NP ppl on china may be csers because ofc there will be more there due to larger playerbase but maybe they actually cashed it. Maybe instead of removing it completely make it a Charge promo rather than spend at 800 per card. This way you can't just recycle gold (so CN doesn't feel like they are losing a investment) and gives ppl a chance at it just a idea
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Its really unfair....Gave Nuema portal cards to many ppl then now stop? Imagine the logic.... Hope you're joking only :'D
  • topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    Please just confirm that you won't play more nuema portal cards promo, so I can sell my coins gold for some $ to friends and quit.
  • commisso202
    commisso202 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Stop these promos ... wasn't needed anyways
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Stopping NP promos now is unfair to those who did not jump on the promo wagon early on. This set is powerful and is basically impossible to collect otherwise. Now the population will be separated into the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. I personally did get NP from these promos but that doesn't stop me from seeing how unfair that is to others.

And their valuation of $2300 for a single random S card is ridiculous. People can buy like an 80 inch 4k TV for that.

I really want to slap these Chinese devs.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    So no more free NP? Let the rage begin lel.. JK.Jk. But this doesn't deny NP to F2P they just have to gamble packs now which eh business as usual. Just hope they replace it with dragonic essences. @saxroll based on my friends (idk about all) but most ppl Ik did their NP completely free recycling gold or well claim to idk. Anyways perhaps this is why CN is upset. The NP ppl on china may be csers because ofc there will be more there due to larger playerbase but maybe they actually cashed it. Maybe instead of removing it completely make it a Charge promo rather than spend at 800 per card. This way you can't just recycle gold (so CN doesn't feel like they are losing a investment) and gives ppl a chance at it just a idea

Well I personally charge when I feel like it, I could of prolly done completely free NP when this cycle started if I wanted but meh. I know few people who are doing it free as their currencies are too weak to charge in pwi. But most ppl I feel are doing it with various levels of charging, one of my friends charged 1,2kish during Althea promo for orbs, got NP card from the 800 gold chest and was like hey, I`ll go NP. Charged fair bit more for Kestra and would now be able to cycle the coin for rest of the cards afaik.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sergab
    sergab Posts: 2 Arc User
    As "unfair" as it seems, it's really not. There's no fine print that says because they started that they have to finish the full cycle. It's a privilege that they offer these promos but nothing says that they have to. Don't complain that they stopped them, just be happy that you at least got some of the cards the easy way.
  • commisso202
    commisso202 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Its possible to obtain this set without these free promos.. just stop them...
This discussion has been closed.