[PSA] Arigora Colosseum Notice

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players,

We regret to inform you that Arigora Colosseum will be unavailable until further notice. Our CN engineers are working hard to resolve this issue and we hope to bring back this feature very soon! Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO/ or go to https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news for more updates!

*Please Note: Until this issue is resolved, please avoid any matchmaking or squad making.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause!

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Can we atleast have the coins we are owed at the very least?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Do we ticket in order to get our Arigora coin?

After the issue is resolved, will our ranks/score be back up again or do we have to start again from 0?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Can we send tickets to get the 30/50M coins back or that's not gonna happen?

Mr. Justice
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I'll need a bit more info from you guys, if you dont mind!

1) Are personal scores gone completely? I assume yes, and with Arigora not functioning I believe (?) you can't get rewards - feel free to correct me though if this is not the case and you are able to receive rewards despite Arigora shutting down.
    2) Were your squads being created within the last 48 hours (right before the issues started happening) or were these squads created after the reset?

I actually have a meeting in about 30 minutes with regards to general PWI related items so I can bring this topic with me as well and I can discuss what we can do with the relevant stakeholders!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    all all-time squads are gone, no coins could be claimed at all.

edit: personal score gone too.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User

1) Are personal scores gone completely? I assume yes, and with Arigora not functioning I believe (?) you can't get rewards - feel free to correct me though if this is not the case and you are able to receive rewards despite Arigora shutting down.
    2) Were your squads being created within the last 48 hours (right before the issues started happening) or were these squads created after the reset?

I actually have a meeting in about 30 minutes with regards to general PWI related items so I can bring this topic with me as well and I can discuss what we can do with the relevant stakeholders!
    The only thing that doesn't seem erased is the personal, unranked, win/loss ratio.

My squad has been active for 4 weeks without issue, it too was deleted/affected.
    Are we free and clear to create new squads or should we wait for CN's fix?

• yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User

1)Yes nothing shows, it's completely blank in terms of information (score, win rate, matches, coins). We cannot receive the rewards either.

2)My squad was created first or second day after Neverfall expansion, so a few weeks back.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It took us around 7 hours of struggling with matchmaking and balancing schedules to accrue the required number of battles that week. I hope that effort wasn't wasted since we are currently unable to get coins...​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • blazerboy
    ^ exactly
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 The gist of it is...you need to at least participate in 10 fights to be able to receive a general cash-out of Coins from the Arena. This cash-out (oddly enough) is only available after Wed's Maint. This means that no one was able to get the general reward from that week. I highly recommend not binding this to a maintenance timeslot and to let the weeks go from Monday to Monday (the weekly quest for 100 extra coins also goes in this timeframe). This way you can prevent maint-related issues that could occur.

Many of us struggled and wasted alot of time to get at least those 10 fights done since participation in 3v3 is pretty low at most times. If there is any to be found then you got your best bet after sat's xTWs and any other timeslot is just pure luck. The Matchmaking restrictions are also extremely unsuitable for our version. I'd say remove them all. Sure, you might end up fighting the same squad again and again..and? Where is the problem? At least anyone can get their fights done in a timely manor and you will get the occasional good fight in between maybe.

Now you'd say that people could abuse it with alts and yeah, they'd try. Easy fix: Just don't count fights vs squads that have more than 10 fights with 0 % win-rate. Easy peasy. I know..it would need some programming intervention from CN and we most likely won't see it...but our version could really, really need it. I think most people agree that waiting more than half an hour on a fight is down-right excruciating.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    pwi solutions to problems
    cant downscale events to match PWI playerbase =

xnw disabled
    xTNF disabled
    arena disabled

also i kinda lol @ CH engineers,
    there are private server devs, that can turn the game upside down in their spare time,
    professional CH engineers cant?
    do we really have CH engineers?​​

What makes u think they are professionals?? They only hire trainees hahahaha
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User

1) Personal score remains... But cant access to any reward due to not being part of any squad.

2) My squad was created about a week and half ago. Is PWI gonna give me back my 30mil to start a new one??

Thanks!
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Thats sad it gets fixed soon
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    i dont wanna scare you guys and im not sure if its connected to the arena issue...but i can not pull my alt out of the XTW server anymore.

i logged it off in an empty battle last saturday and usually when i log them in again, they get a 5 second timer and appear on my home server (Da) again. but this week it doesnt happen, instead i get this error message:
    1536xht.jpg

so the issue might not be the arena, but the cross-server instead?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Alright, before I get into all the nitty gritty of this and start replying -

Inciting people to chargeback is not ok, and I've issued enough warnings about this.
    24. No promoting the violation of Terms of Service or any of these rules.
    Solicitation of violations is, in and of itself, a violation.

From the ToS
    24.5 If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid in court, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees, or if applicable mandatory law dictates otherwise, to the maximum amount permitted.]
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited May 2017
    @aphrodita I'll have to ask the devs about this one - the cross server for Dragon's Conquest should be separate from the one that handles the Arigora Colosseum.

EDIT : If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let us know! And if you can @aphrodita , please send in a ticket to CS so we have a record on file for this!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Update : I assume the rankings are being held server side, so because Arigora is taken down, this could explain why no one can see their squad information. Based off of this working assumption, the scores should come back once the feature is working again, so all the work would not be lost.

However if these scores were indeed wiped, then we can address compensation at that time. This doesn't mean compensation won't happen if worse comes to worse - I just want to see what the damage is, if it gets to that point and make plans for it.
  • skullz818
    skullz818 Posts: 11 Arc User
    274 coins lost when can we get I have submitted a ticket.
  • blazerboy
    I shall miss you arena :(
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    Update : I assume the rankings are being held server side, so because Arigora is taken down, this could explain why no one can see their squad information. Based off of this working assumption, the scores should come back once the feature is working again, so all the work would not be lost.

However if these scores were indeed wiped, then we can address compensation at that time. This doesn't mean compensation won't happen if worse comes to worse - I just want to see what the damage is, if it gets to that point and make plans for it.

We still have no summary of events for what happened to make the arena drop? Or an ETA?

I don't mind waiting on repairs, just curious on the window for repair cause right now it's...now until pigs fly
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The cross server for Dragon's Conquest should be separate from the one that handles the Arigora Colosseum.
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    totally. :)
    Cross-server is not on.
    When Vindicate FINALLY gets 4 serious battles with 73 sign-ups, PWI just let them win all 4 by default, gg easy boys.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    @aphrodita thats normally a sign that the server has crashed or offline. XTW is just like a instance cave. If it goes offline your toon is trapped in their. Im sure your remember the times FF has crashed etc.

Your be able to get it back Support can use the system to rest your location or as soon as XTW is working your be able to do so.

The warning signs for XTW where their...

Thanks.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    So what is gonna happen now regarding xtw?
    Crisis that was first till now got completely rekt by this week and because of this bug vindicate won all 4 xtws they had (out of which they would have lost 3 most likely).
    So whats the plan regarding xtw season now ?
    Are we gonna call it quits , let it go on like this until it gets fixed in a few weeks and no xtws while factions just get points or what?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I just barely got notice of it a few minutes ago (was out of town then popped in to check)

Ill need more information from our engineers exactly what they took down since again, I was under the impression that these services were seperate. I sent off an email asking abour this and I also asked for a timeframe to get these services back online, since now its not just Colosseum but Dragons Conquest.

So Ill be waiting on them to give me more information first before anything about Dragons Conquest is decided.
  • blazerboy
    I'd like my agri coins qq but sad xtw was down no pvp :(
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Today's update - Colosseum will be good to go for this week's maintenance and should be repaired! I'll double check with them to see if the scores have been preserved.

Thank you all for your patience!
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    Today's update - Colosseum will be good to go for this week's maintenance and should be repaired! I'll double check with them to see if the scores have been preserved.

Thank you all for your patience!

Does this include Svs workign properly or having more issues? 1 weekend of issue is enough, 2 will be a riot at this point :0
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I'll be trying to delve more into how they set up our systems today and see if they can shed some light onto it so that, in the future, I can (hopefully) better predict what services might or might not be affected if something gets taken down.

From the Dragon's Conquest pinned thread -
    UPDATE : Engineers were unable to see any abnormalities in their error logs and, on their side, it appears that everyone jumped in but got kicked from Cross Server. However, I've been hearing reports that players were getting stuck inside cross server (?)

If you are still stuck and can not leave cross server please submit a ticket to Customer Support and provide your in-game name, your server, and when you got stuck and if you are able to leave still or if you can not do so. Please do so as soon as possible so that I can give our engineers a list of characters that will need to be unstuck and hopefully they can remove them from cross server!

Also - please let us know if you were able to engage in any wars at all or if you were unable to enter any battlefields! I'll take this information to our engineers to see if they need to check anything on their side to ensure matchmaking occurs properly for future wars!

So essentially - they didn't see anything wrong with it, but that could change if I tell them what the players were experiencing. I wouldn't want to imagine how much worse this would have gotten with a Cross Server Nation Wars issue on top of this :(
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    so is the the areana working or no? cause looks like i lost my teams that i made an am out 60m
This discussion has been closed.