Unable to make lvl 5 glyphs

valdisman
valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
Is anyone else having trouble making lvl 5 glyphs?

I have sent in a ticket as I have TWICE failed to make a lvl 5 glyph with 100% chance using 5 lvl 4s. Anyone else having a similar problem??
#kylehawkinsuck
Moonshine drinker
In a world of 10s, be an 11.

Comments

• aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    It only takes 4 lvl 4 to make a level 5. I've made six with no issues using 4 each time, it shows up as 100.02%
  • valdisman
    It only takes 4 lvl 4 to make a level 5. I've made six with no issues using 4 each time, it shows up as 100.02%

Same as I've had. Clicked growth and it failed and gave me a lvl 3 glyph..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    That's strange - were you using all of the same type of glyph? (assuming yes, since you only used 4 and you can use different ones, but it doesn't give you the 100% sometimes)

Could you tell me which Glyph type it was and what class you were doing this on? It shouldn't matter your class, but I can take a look on test to see if something's wrong!
  • valdisman
    That's strange - were you using all of the same type of glyph? (assuming yes, since you only used 4 and you can use different ones, but it doesn't give you the 100% sometimes)

Could you tell me which Glyph type it was and what class you were doing this on? It shouldn't matter your class, but I can take a look on test to see if something's wrong!

On an assassin. Had an Argent Glyph lvl 4 in the middle. 2 golden, 1 argent and 1 green lvl 4 on the outside. I have already sent in a ticket about it.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • aspiringapathy
    valdisman wrote: »

On an assassin. Had an Argent Glyph lvl 4 in the middle. 2 golden, 1 argent and 1 green lvl 4 on the outside. I have already sent in a ticket about it.

Again...that's 5 Glyphs total...maybe @kalystconquerer#0876 when you test try it with an excess but you only need 1 in the center (argent) and 3 on the border to make a level 5. If it sees 100% and you throw a fourth lvl 4, just speculating but perhaps it starts counting again, instead marking you around a 30%
  • valdisman

Again...that's 5 Glyphs total...maybe @kalystconquerer#0876 when you test try it with an excess but you only need 1 in the center (argent) and 3 on the border to make a level 5. If it sees 100% and you throw a fourth lvl 4, just speculating but perhaps it starts counting again, instead marking you around a 30%

Yeah I always used more as it actually gave me something like 112% chance. I put in a lvl 3 before the last 4 to check % just incase I could save using a lvl 4. It went above so I just figured I'd grow anyway. It failed. I was wondering about the same idea if it went back to 0 and just calculated 12% instead due it to being too high.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • aspiringapathy

Yeah I always used more as it actually gave me something like 112% chance. I put in a lvl 3 before the last 4 to check % just incase I could save using a lvl 4. It went above so I just figured I'd grow anyway. It failed. I was wondering about the same idea if it went back to 0 and just calculated 12% instead due it to being too high.

I guess the easiest way to test and replicate it without lvl 4 glyphs would be to use lvl 1s. 3 being 100% you could test w/ 4 lvl ones several times (because if it fills over and calcs again it'd be 50%)...if you even one failure in a dozen you can see there lies the issue
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    still 4x lvl4 on lvl5 fail please fix @kalystconquerer#0876
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    112%? I dont think i have been able to put more glyphs in after it reached 100%, said something like already reached max. I think max i've seen is 100.02%
    I could remember wrong though.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I'm confused to fact that as many ppl run into this problem as they do, it's 100% with 4 glyphs total (technically 100.02%), why do you guys keep putting an extra 5th one?
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Im no keep lvl 5 but want fix And made more lvl 5 but how made When it's not fixed yet, and it's been a little months in the bug
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    My best guess is anything over the max 100.2% only calcs the %over simple fix... Stop **** around and wasting an extra glyph when you already have 100%.

This is most likely China's reasoning.
    Why go above 100% when it's a gurantee to go up and most likely going 2 112% like you are stating fails it is due to this simple issue. I've seen it B4 with refines if you are +12 why throw another +12 in and expect it to stay +12 it will fail and drop to +11...

Use logic if it's at 100% keep it at 100% when making lvl 6 and a lvl 7 glyph I have never encountered this issue.. yet alone making a single lvl 5.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Please fix and let them waste an extra glyph...

If people insist for being stupid...why resist?

(Cause you know, 112% you're more sure to succeed than 100% its a well known fact of mathematics)
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    You get a pop-up when you try to add glyphs over 100%.... so how are you getting to 112%?
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    must be lv4+ lv4+lv3+lv4 in that order atleast 3rd must be a lower lv then 4 for the % to be higher then 100.02%
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Ok, so I've been tinkering around with this and I haven't had a fail on this yet. Also, the highest percentage I'm getting is 108.36%

I've tried the slotting the way @ebisama is doing it and that's what getting me the 108.36%

I've done the following and in this order and haven't had a fail -
    Golden Lv 4 (center) > Golden Lv 4 > Golden Lv 4 > Golden Lv 3 > Golden Lv 4 (108.36%)
    Argent Lv 4 (center) > Golden Lv 4 > Golden Lv 4 > Can not add additional, I get the pop up (100.02%)
    Argent Lv 4 (center) > Golden Lv 4 > Golden Lv 4 > Argent Lv 1 > Verdant Lv 4 (102.10%)

If the levels and the order in which they are placed are incorrect and you're getting a specific fail with a certain mix, please post them!