X-TW Server issue

Comments

• fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    Any official comment in why XTW is broken?
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Guys calm down.

1) xTW server doesn't work. No one can enter.
    2) Support desk is the right section where to post.
    3) I have the same issue of Sylen at work with my users, I can understand his pain xD

Make patience, problem has been reported, let them work now :)
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • mango#2840
    mango#2840 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Either way, representing the company in a way.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    fanta23 wrote: »
    Any official comment in why XTW is broken?

No, and since it's the weekend, it's not likely we will get anything, but I'm trying to contact people. The issue there is that most of my contacts have left PWE.

Speculation is all we really have.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shopalong#1200
    shopalong#1200 Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @shopalong#1200 I think it's probably a side-effect of shutting down the 3vs3 and 6vs6 fights. They likely both ran on the same x-server.

Oh for sure that's most likely the case, I just think it's idiotic they didn't think to mention this before. It's their game they are supporting so they should know it like the back of their hand and especially since they get to see how it all works together in the software (from patches/maintenance) they could predict something like this and maybe have an emergency maintenance.

It just seems like PWI needs to focus on their quality control or look into hiring people focused on this or train someone. Doing the same thing expecting the same results and not trying to fix the underlying issues that continue to cause random and completely disruptive to their playerbase is unbelievable. It's an old game sure but that should mean it's even more important....
  • shopalong#1200
    shopalong#1200 Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @klotriptyl said:
    > Either way, representing the company in a way.

Exactly, employee or not they should be held responsible for their actions since they are representing the company. Just imagine a problem happens when you're at the store and the registers shut down, sure you're frustrated but it doesn't help if the cashier reacts horribly and tells everyone they are idiots.

This is speaking from someone who has held many support roles in my early career, kill them with kindness gives them less of a reason to be angry. Seems like Sylen does the opposite lol. Hence why this forum is so negative when things go bad...
  • valdisalt#7850
    valdisalt#7850 Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @shopalong#1200 I think it's probably a side-effect of shutting down the 3vs3 and 6vs6 fights. They likely both ran on the same x-server.

They aren't run on the same server, they are separate.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    The server hosting the events is up and running. So the server apps associated with the event seem to not be running. This is the issue its simply not turned on. monkey-1.gif

x_TW_Servers.jpg​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Actually it wouldn't be a big deal that the forums are merged/moved IF we were directed here. But we aren't. We get an error message saying page not found.​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
    Here we go again....
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    They should compensate everyone sever wide for this inconvenience. I woke up 5 a.m. waiting and nothing so disappointing.
    The only GOP
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Now I can ping again the server pwieast3.perfectworld.com (Raging Tide).

They are restarting it?
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • xdragonxx
    xdragonxx Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    fury85 wrote: »
    Now I can ping again the server pwieast3.perfectworld.com (Raging Tide).

They are restarting it?

The server is up, its doable to enter but big chance of just not managing. If you do enter, good chance you get stuck there but can do svs.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Actually it wouldn't be a big deal that the forums are merged/moved IF we were directed here. But we aren't. We get an error message saying page not found.
    So who really is the idiot?

Normally it should work fine. Looks like Vanilla broke the link.​​
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    50% or more of this thread is people btching at mods. The sticky redirected post is broken, yes. It took me 15 seconds to scroll down and find this one instead.​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    klotriptyl wrote: »
    Is a PW employee calling the customers idiots? o_o

Mods dont work for PWI.
    I'd be willing to bet since they turned off x-tourney, they turned off this server, and forgot all about xtw running on it.​​

Looks like I agree funny thing is they where warned about this...

AH.... So now...

They have made the XTW server results for this season void really.

And yes we are not going to get a reply for this from PWE any time soon. Tho im sure Kalyst knows about this by now.

@sylenthunder your announcement is not working. Im getting an error or nothing at all. It would not have hurt to leave this in general for a few hours so people know whats going on may be. I think your be sending in the cleaners for a while mind.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Ok, fixed the sticky, or at least it works for me.
    Also did some thread cleanup.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Ok, fixed the sticky, or at least it works for me.
    Also did some thread cleanup.​​

im still getting the same problem tho it could be my computer.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Works for me now as well. Thanks​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    apparently some ppl got into XTW server and solod some maps. Vindicate managed to "beat" Crisis and Echo like that, Karma did the same to Zulu. how to get out of a 4-way-stack..... xtw reset?
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    It's not solo when both sides got people in...
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    For the record we had 3 Vindicate versus 1 Tempest, 2 Vindicate versus 1 Crisis, 3 Vindicate versus 2 Echo, and we got nobody into Infamous fight. We won Infamous by default since it was a defense so I guess they got nobody in.

Crisis was a comeback, they got theirs in very early and killed all our towers before we got in. Echo was 1 vs 2 for a while, we barely won that one at the end.

This was more stressful than regular xtw!
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    This is completely ****.............. >_>
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I dont think people realize how huge this week was regarding the standings, the whole season is pretty much ruined for the factions actually competing for the first place. The whole season is just invalid now, this isnt something as simple as ''ow just 1 week'' this snowballs into 200 points difference than otherwise wudve been. To make matters worse, the first place faction lost to the second place faction because of it.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    This is pretty annoying but its what it is. This week also created massive shift in rankings, All in all 10/10 PWE.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    For the record we had 3 Vindicate versus 1 Tempest, 2 Vindicate versus 1 Crisis, 3 Vindicate versus 2 Echo, and we got nobody into Infamous fight. We won Infamous by default since it was a defense so I guess they got nobody in.

Crisis was a comeback, they got theirs in very early and killed all our towers before we got in. Echo was 1 vs 2 for a while, we barely won that one at the end.

Point is that you managed to get 8 ppl inside the xtw server with 4 wars , and your enemies managed to all get less then you did so u effectivly won this week like that from what u said 3v1 , 2v1 and 3v2.
    Crisis managed to get only 1 person out of 100+ that were online (that number raises even more with alts).

• berrynl
    berrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    This has happened before, errors that caused Dragon Conquest to not happen as scheduled. This isn't something we'd want to have happen, but we are aware that it happens. So competitive strategies can in fact be based on knowing that sooner or later PWI will have a hiccup somewhere and one or two weekends like this will happen during a season. Gathering a large amount of lower level territories does combat this potential malfunction on PWI's side, because then you have a stable points gain regardless of if Dragon Conquest works or doesn't.

Can't expect PWI to run perfectly, let's be honest. We've all played this game for years. However, the fact that some factions managed to get some players inside while most didn't is a serious issue. If all wars had simply been null and void and the points rewarded on lands owned, that would have annoyed some people based on what strategy they picked for the season, but it would have been an expected result. The fact that certain fights did in fact happen and some factions lost lands because of not being able to enter, that's something that really shouldn't have happened.

It's almost impossible to fix at this stage, we've seen the earlier attempts of fixing anything related to Dragon Conquest, generally they make things worse. I'd gladly let myself be surprised however. Let's see what happens after the weekend when people get into the office.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I dont think people realize how huge this week was regarding the standings, the whole season is pretty much ruined for the factions actually competing for the first place. The whole season is just invalid now, this isnt something as simple as ''ow just 1 week'' this snowballs into 200 points difference than otherwise wudve been. To make matters worse, the first place faction lost to the second place faction because of it.
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    This comment is on point really , basically this bug more or less ruined whole crisis xtw season because of how this week played out.
    And yea ppl will say its annoying what happened bla bla but it is what it is , its just one week and lets just ignore it? Hell no.

Vindicate which had 7 lands had 4 wars this week , one was against Crisis , 2nd against Infamous , 3rd against Tempest and 4th against Echo, so out of this 4 wars they would most likely only be able to win 1 war (against echo) and loose the other 3 since each faction would show them in full power of 60ppl.

So that would make them loose 3 lands from the current 8 they got thanks to this bug and this put them in huge lead in the first place thanks to this and like he said it will just snowball their lead by 150-200 points easy all thanks to xserver being bugged.

Now what is also insane is they managed to get 8 ppl inside xserver while it was bugged for others and they managed to enter the wars and secure the wins in them since every enemy faction could only bring in 1 maybe 2 ppl which was less then them per war. So they managed to defend all 3 defense wars and even win the attack war which gave them the 8th land.

So the bug that happened this week basically destroyed the chances of every faction to fight for 1st place other than vindicate xD

Im really curious whats going to happen now , are you gonna decide that the rest of season is invalid cause of the bug and season end rankings are gonna be from the week before the bug happened , or are we just gonna ignore what happened this week and continue like nothing happened effectively ******* up every faction that fights for 1st place other then vindicate?

And another question is what if you cant fix this , whats gonna happen next week , will they just continue getting more and more points while others cant do anything about it?

Since xtw is one of main reason most of the ppl still play this game and with this kind of bug happening now and ruining the whole season for some factions we simply cant ignore what happened this week and how this bug ruined whole season for almost every faction fighting for 1st place other then current 1st place vindicate.

@kalystconquerer#0876
    I really hope you will address this problem seriously and come up with a fair solution for every party involved.

• commisso202
    commisso202 Posts: 20 Arc User
    @sin20 dont think they're gonna fix anything.. just try ur super hardest for the next few months, gain more lands and who knows, maybe you can finish 1st!!
  • maeree
    maeree Posts: 33 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »

What about Tempest, who won ?

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Why would the rest of the season be invalid? There were glitches the first xTW season and they decided to just keep going even tho some guilds had unfair advantages.
    Now all of a sudden the winners want to QQ about it.
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.