Accruing NP set

perfectworld#7707
perfectworld#7707 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Hi guys i have a few questions and i dont wanna make a dumb mistake. Im half way to NP and i just wanted to know whats the best way to get rest of the set. I know most will say spend reward and i agree but atm im making a surplus of coinage and waiting 3-4 months(or more if pwi doesnt miss another spend rew) feels like a drag.

I been surfing and i found some options : pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/42202
pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/42203
pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/44010
pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/44010

Any guidance is welcome!
Post edited by perfectworld#7707 on

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Depending on your budget it is the only way to finish NP set, being 3/6 is pretty much the same as being 0/6 when it comes to any card set, aside from the ability to promo very specific cards.
  • perfectworld#7707
    atm i have roughly 1k gold i think. Was thinking of spend 500m on one of those packs and see what happens. But im a cautious perosn and wanna know if im in the wrong or right before i do something stupid.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    To be honest, you're gonna be out of those 500m and get nothing...
    Just make more coin and do spend promo in my opinion, but up to you, just look at those chances, 0.04%... And you only need 3 cards, so, that's 0.12% chance of getting anything you actually need, so, 1 in around 833 packs will give you 1 of the cards you need, technically, ofc it comes down to luck, but still... not good odds,

Mr. Justice
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    What you'll probably end up with, is a crapton of B cards, and an empty wallet. But good luck if you decide to go down this route.
  • perfectworld#7707
    im leaning towards just waiting for spend reward Q.Q. Was just wishful thinking to think i could get the set by packs then. thanks guys
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    How many people on each server have np set?
  • perfectworld#7707
    Maybe 8 on ET but no one REALLY aiming for it here. Been lax for the pass few weeks.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    toughguy24 wrote: »
    How many people on each server have np set?

Unless I'm forgetting someone: 12 on Tideswell.

4 in QQme
    2 in Dynasty
    1 in a non-tw fac
    5 in Tempest
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Maybe 8 on ET but no one REALLY aiming for it here. Been lax for the pass few weeks.

Uh, 5 in GD, 3 in Karma, 1 Frenzied(?), 1 permabanned. I might of missed somebody as I havent stalked ppl too much recently.

I know least 10 people going for the set this cycle so that count should increase by quite a few soon enough. Most of the people are missing Astrid, I think thats gonna finish set for quite a few people.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    12 on tideswell!!! I could only think of 8. Do you know there names?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I feel like too many base a servers strength or economy based on NP sets in Different guilds might I add. Like people say DA has a lot of NP yet fail to realize how rediculous our auction house buy gold is compared to other servers don't see many servers reaching 6k+ in there and watch more than half expire sadly. NP right now is one of those things unless everything else is done you don't really need to look at
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    TTs 5k+ gold queue AH have finally ended, for now. We actually have gold in AH! Dont think the server have seen that for like 2 years. I think having a longer break between the spend promos helped this time.
    My server have quite a bit of NP people honestly, but most arent RB anyway so they arent any much different from RB candleflame people... At least not yet...
    I am sitting on 5/6 since a few months. I've tried opening specific S packs for the type I need, S packs using catalysts, all just a waste of money, not a single S card let alone the one I needed. That being said, I have been quite lucky with getting them from random packs (at some point I had in total 3 S cards, which 2 of them were NP, none from promos), if it wasnt for that I probably wouldnt have started on NP promos.
    Just be patient. But try avoid missing out on the upcoming NP promos. I dont think we will have these NP promos forever, it would probably go to stuff like g17 mats next, and then glyphs even later.. Just a thought tho.
  • blazerboy
    edited May 2017
    @shopcheese I actually would love if hey did say 1200g spend promo 2 dragonic essences like one at 800 another at 1200 which means in 7 promos the g17.5 wep would be possible vs the 13 months it is with high home prosperity. Pwi make this happen :D or even lvl8 glyphs for 1200
  • shopcheese
    Ah, I rather want the skulls instead of dragonic essences. :sweat:
  • blazerboy
    @shopcheese skulls is just worldchatting lol
  • shopcheese
    My server is afraid of UPD and the droprate feels more like 0.1% in UP rather than 1%... They aren't easy to get here...
  • blazerboy
    @shopcheese ah then it's your server on DA they can be found in worldchat quite easily
  • aspiringapathy
    Hmm....I think I missed one or two

Sins there are Gene, Chaos (Illusionist), Casher and there's 1 more that is factionless I think...idr his name
    Psy there are Daniiii and Allonade
    Veno there is WackyTaffy
    Seekers are Kalopsia, SugarMuffins, ArabianBlade and DrXavy
    Archers are Dragoonz and xDarkSkiesx
    Mystic has OptiMystic

I think that's all of them at this point...the number will basically double between Astrid + Lorelei though.
    shopcheese wrote: »

True...with DH now released even less people are doing UP let alone UPD. Skulls are in short supply.
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Sins there are Gene, Chaos (Illusionist), Casher and there's 1 more that is factionless I think...idr his name
    Veno there is WackyTaffy
    Mystic has OptiMystic

I think that's all of them at this point...the number will basically double between Astrid + Lorelei though.

True...with DH now released even less people are doing UP let alone UPD. Skulls are in short supply.

_Phobik_ is another Nuema portal Psy, currently Factionless, Used to be in QQme. and the other sin would be DreyMaster on Vicious. So i guess 15 NP on tideswell.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee

Don't give me ideas now...

Actually, no, I take that back, I welcome ideas! *coughs*
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @shopcheese I actually would love if hey did say 1200g spend promo 2 dragonic essences like one at 800 another at 1200 which means in 7 promos the g17.5 wep would be possible vs the 13 months it is with high home prosperity. Pwi make this happen :D or even lvl8 glyphs for 1200

I think CN intended to not have a bunch of people have lvl 8-10 Glyphs in a short span of time, based on the system and how it was designed, but I will admit they have given little to no guidance on the distribution of Glyphs since the expansion.
  • blazerboy
    @kalystconquerer#0876 after watching LunaSol PWI YT channel on some of the completely rediculous effects mystics can get with new glyphs like Aoe untarget and block genie along with more base damage cursed jail for sins in all honestly I'm ok with this. I just don't like the fact spend promos are always during inconvient times. If pwi one day said hey spend 6400 anytime you want and we will send you NP I would say hey cool np just gimmie a couple weeks to arrange that. But w.e it's time I'm either busy in real to find time to buy/sell or my assets are in some other venture. I understand pwi wants to keep the NP limited and I can't complain but 13 months doing UP everyday for daily trying for dragonic essences I'm sorry but it's not possible for me so having two per promo 800 and 1200 I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. Or hey put them in O for 150g each even better jk jk (or am I)
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    currently, PWCN already have ppl reach lvl10 gly
    their lvl1 gly is around 0.3-0.4m now

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • blazerboy
    @attackerv lmfao spoke too soon @kalystconquerer#0876
  • shopcheese
    @kalystconquerer#0876 oh and some of those medias made from squire badges would be nice to have in some promos too!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @shopcheese INB4 3xDEX or even better 3x physical attack on a casters ring engrave. GG WP a few Billion down the drain :D

BTT: Don't get NP at all. There are hardly any people out there that make good use of it. It's not really needed xD I rather invest in Glyphs/chart tbh.
  • shopcheese
    @jsxshadow I got dex and hp so far using medias :( at least the dex gave me 1% crit..... and some evasion..... lel
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @jsxshadow I got dex and hp so far using medias :( at least the dex gave me 1% crit..... and some evasion..... lel

Then you gotta think of it as:

HP
    1% Crit
    Accuracy
    Eva

Thats even 4 stats! You broke the game! 3 STATS SHOULD BE MAX!!
  • aspiringapathy

Veno there is WackyTaffy
    Mystic has OptiMystic

_Phobik_ is another Nuema portal Psy, currently Factionless, Used to be in QQme. and the other sin would be DreyMaster on Vicious. So i guess 15 NP on tideswell.
    I always forget about Phobik, damn dude hides his NP like it was Cinderella before the prince. Yeah Drey is the sin, don't see him around much but heard about it a few weeks ago. Would be nice to see some support classes pick up NP soon...atm it primarily DD which makes fights quicker paced but yeah.
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @shopcheese INB4 3xDEX or even better 3x physical attack on a casters ring engrave. GG WP a few Billion down the drain :D

BTT: Don't get NP at all. There are hardly any people out there that make good use of it. It's not really needed xD I rather invest in Glyphs/chart tbh.

Anything non-p.attack/dex/vit is fine by me. As a caster I can take the str to stat back to base 5, anything else on the 3x engrave is just gravy. I guess ideally I'd want 20 str between both rings + neck, and defense levels / mag on the rest of the stats. It'd be nice to finally recover some of the magic lost from going to the CoM.

It's nice that they removed most of the stats that no one aimed for...to an extent it'd be even nicer if they allowed alternate tiers (similar to with Golden Coins if I'm remember right)...even if it isn't 100% for the stats you want, at least to pull from the pool of adds you'd like either phys or mag oriented.
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    On TT there is

6 in vindicate
    4 in random factions
    7 in echo 1 quit? never seen since origin died dunno if hes actually in echo still

think lots of ppl are missing astrid and just waiting for that

for names
    vindicate: asterelle, bele_wiz, roar_king, susa, dovienya, fixxed
    random: jafira, gorilla, apocalypse, princemayore
    echo: thedan, sifumohtofu, lauraangel, shinzoko, wyvelin, sweatypea, bigbangbomb(quit maybe)
  • aspiringapathy
    booker27 wrote: »
    On TT there is

6 in vindicate
    4 in random factions
    7 in echo 1 quit? never seen since origin died dunno if hes actually in echo still

think lots of ppl are missing astrid and just waiting for that
    Astrid is going to be a huge shift for some factions...now if only that promo would start.
This discussion has been closed.