Arena rankings

13»

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @dregenfox not ganna lie I thought a lot of ppl have 75%+ win rate was pretty common and standard. Btw quick side note I think max SF psys (which come on at this point of the game +11 is free so no excuse not to be partial or atleast working toward it) but endgame SF psy is great in arena. Spirit phalanx can saves lives, aoe puri useful for clerics who sleep you or expel yourself, aoe untarget up to 9 seconds even that skill I believe psychic link so partial damage is turn over to psy the fact is psy can very much be used in arena just ppl aren't willing to either use those skills or ppl aren't familiar with psy party skills to attempt to coordinate psys in their squad
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    to me Psychics are prolly second to Clerics in the strongest arena classes :^)

DBs are actually not even that great, teamplay beats DBs. They suffer from the same weakness as BMs, but unlike BMs you can actually kill them.
    Sins are not that great, unless it's the RB2 nuema portal/devilserenity stones kind, but thats just a gear thing.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @dregenfox not ganna lie I thought a lot of ppl have 75%+ win rate was pretty common and standard. Btw quick side note I think max SF psys (which come on at this point of the game +11 is free so no excuse not to be partial or atleast working toward it) but endgame SF psy is great in arena. Spirit phalanx can saves lives, aoe puri useful for clerics who sleep you or expel yourself, aoe untarget up to 9 seconds even that skill I believe psychic link so partial damage is turn over to psy the fact is psy can very much be used in arena just ppl aren't willing to either use those skills or ppl aren't familiar with psy party skills to attempt to coordinate psys in their squad

I was talking about solo Q. Give me some names of archers/psys who have over 75% win rate besides nemki since I've honestly not seen that many. Allonade maybe? Siby had like 58% and he's NP/endgamed. DB/sin/wiz can easily dominate there.

We'd get a better picture if we could get rankings but unfortunately all I can go on is from my solo queue experience.

Team queue is pretty unbalanced and not really hard to get a 70%+ win rate even with decent team comps. Even when I brought a G16 + R9 +8 into the arena we won 50%. There's just too much gear disparity there.

Also according to ppl here most psys apparently just die 1-shot to cursed jail in arena so I don't see why you would bring one :p.

The other thing is that you guys can list all the ways a class is "useful" in arena but at the end of the day I've seen mainly those 3 classes looking for 3's. I honestly don't see that many psys blowing 3 sparks for a few seconds of untarget, since that pretty much destroys their damage/cc/psy will potential for the majority of the fight. It's honestly just more efficient to Earth Vector multiple times for an aoe stun + high damage followup if a target needs peel.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »

I was talking about solo Q. Give me some names of archers/psys who have over 75% win rate besides nemki since I've honestly not seen that many. Allonade maybe? Siby had like 58% and he's NP/endgamed. DB/sin/wiz can easily dominate there.

i have 71% in solo and team Q, where did you get the 58% from?
  • dregenfox
    edited May 2017
    aphrodita wrote: »

i have 71% in solo and team Q, where did you get the 58% from?

Once the match ends it displays the win % for every player in the match, win or lose.

TBH I haven't seen you in solo in 2+ weeks so I'm going by the last known numbers. CoM + NP is something like a 33% boost to offense and 20% boost to defense, so if you're at 70% then that would be more in line w/ the win rates I expect from NP. Allonade is NP as well.

Getting 70%+ win rates by overgearing everyone else isn't that relevant for balance considerations, so it's more useful to look at RB1 AEU'ish + no CoM as the standard.
    Post edited by dregenfox on
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    never had 58% and i probably met more people with similar gear than worse gear. plus a bunch of chars with +3 shards and decent star charts :) but yeah, psy and archer sucks in 3 vs 3.
  • aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User

We'd get a better picture if we could get rankings but unfortunately all I can go on is from my solo queue experience.

Team queue is pretty unbalanced and not really hard to get a 70%+ win rate even with decent team comps. Even when I brought a G16 + R9 +8 into the arena we won 50%. There's just too much gear disparity there.

Also according to ppl here most psys apparently just die 1-shot to cursed jail in arena so I don't see why you would bring one :p.

The other thing is that you guys can list all the ways a class is "useful" in arena but at the end of the day I've seen mainly those 3 classes looking for 3's. I honestly don't see that many psys blowing 3 sparks for a few seconds of untarget, since that pretty much destroys their damage/cc/psy will potential for the majority of the fight. It's honestly just more efficient to Earth Vector multiple times for an aoe stun + high damage followup if a target needs peel.

Allonade here: ~60% win rate in the team queue atm, playing with a seek / sb / veno as teammates.
    Personal queue is just under 70%.

Psys are either amazing or completely dead weight in a lot of fights. We're easily cc'd (yes even with soul of silence) and one db or cleric can flat shut us down for 90% of the fight. We do have a lot of support capacity and the fact that Psionic link works in arena is amazing. Shroud of shadows getting the kick down to 2 sparks and glyphs introducing even more options to gain/save chi have made great strides in making psy more playable in a support role. Honestly Clerics and DB are the two classes I hate most in arena, Psys are good if you have max gear - but a psy isn't winning it all. I have issue enough coming back from 1v2...maybe that's just my playstyle failing me.

Also on the topic of sins one shotting psys, if that's still under discussion. I get one shot or bypassed fairly regularly by another max gear sin on our server...the highest he's hit me is 60k under buffs. Granted I'm not running around in white voodoo but I'm not full deity or in black voodoo.

I can post my gear/stats later but in the meantime I have:

29k hp base, 38.7k full buffed.
    25k p.def base, ~40k buffed
    90 defense levels no voodoo, 95 in arena due to seeker buff.
    2716 spirit.
  • elvecross
    elvecross Posts: 5 Arc User

Also on the topic of sins one shotting psys, if that's still under discussion. I get one shot or bypassed fairly regularly by another max gear sin on our server...the highest he's hit me is 60k under buffs. Granted I'm not running around in white voodoo but I'm not full deity or in black voodoo.

2716 spirit.
    [/quote]

The sin (Genesesia) probably can one shot/bypass just about anyone on server....just gear gap
  • aspiringapathy
    elvecross wrote: »

2716 spirit.

The sin (Genesesia) probably can one shot/bypass just about anyone on server....just gear gap
    [/quote]

I'm 3/6 Nuema Portal RB1. Full +12, 2/3rd Devil 1/3rd Jade/Serenity. I'm not gear gapped by much.
  • dregenfox
    never had 58% and i probably met more people with similar gear than worse gear. plus a bunch of chars with +3 shards and decent star charts :) but yeah, psy and archer sucks in 3 vs 3.

I don't think psys are bad they just need to work harder at it...they don't have the insta-burst of spark combo like wizards or just-cc-everything-to-death-with-eyes-closed ability like DB, or the faceroll damage sins have. And they also have really obvious weaknesses (low mobility/squishiness to p. def).

@aspiringapathy If you're talking about Genesesia he has >90% win rate and it has more to do with just being a massive gear gap. NP scales very well on offensive stats and is enough to push sins over the edge.
  • aspiringapathy

I don't think psys are bad they just need to work harder at it...they don't have the insta-burst of spark combo like wizards or just-cc-everything-to-death-with-eyes-closed ability like DB, or the faceroll damage sins have. And they also have really obvious weaknesses (low mobility/squishiness to p. def).

@aspiringapathy If you're talking about Genesesia he has >90% win rate and it has more to do with just being a massive gear gap. NP scales very well on offensive stats and is enough to push sins over the edge.

Sure am xD the other 2 NP sins on the server hurt but not nearly as bad. Most of the sins of similar or equal gear require a purge or assisting CC to put crazy pressure on...otherwise sins are just a pain because it's hard to pressure them since you can't CC them to get consistent DD.
  • elvecross
    elvecross Posts: 5 Arc User

Sure am xD the other 2 NP sins on the server hurt but not nearly as bad. Most of the sins of similar or equal gear require a purge or assisting CC to put crazy pressure on...otherwise sins are just a pain because it's hard to pressure them since you can't CC them to get consistent DD.

Don't forget that Gene is most devil shard which gives an additional 54-72 attack levels which may help explain the damage differential- i believe the other two NP sin are josd
  • aspiringapathy
    elvecross wrote: »

Don't forget that Gene is most devil shard which gives an additional 54-72 attack levels which may help explain the damage differential- i believe the other two NP sin are josd
    Honestly IDR if Chaos and Casher are jade or deity anymore, by my memory they've switched each a few times.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @aspiringapathy well if I recall (chaos) is illusionist no? He is deity and Ik Casher is jsod/Serenity making him the hardest sin to kill in arena in terms of defense. Even at Serenity that sin can spike damage ppl unbelievable amounts.

@dregenfox funny as hell you say "just cc everything to death with eyes closed ability like db" first of all it's not that simple you just don't know how to properly/when to use genie to get out of db cc why do I know that? Because you can watch many videos where the moment a db telestun most arcanes they instant AD like what? Hardly any pressure and you're first call is click AD no timing or anything then get mad when you get cc locked because you have to deal with what the rest of us suffer through with sin cc lock. Stop blaming classes for something that's counterable with just timing. Sin damage, the only way to mitigate that is gear disparity and even endgame vs endgame sins can delete you with just 2 spark and baiting genie with lesser skills like spellcutter/condense then cursed jail cancel and rip through you with full damage so you either are left with the option prey you can tank the sin onslaught then use genie for cursed jail IF you make it that long which in all honesty most of us can't.

There's clear videos @jsxshadow and even other ppl who properly just counted before using their genie to force a genie off them or idk communicated with their squad. The just because your current wep proc won't give you a get out of jail free card like agianst sins prior to paralyze doesn't make it a easy class.

The problem with sin is pwi just make all those skills and by that I mainly mean cursed jail/elimination do BASE physical damage plus % of WEAPON damage none of this 400% base physical damage. This means Sins won't get solo kill nearly as much at equal gears or slight outgear unless it's super lucky it's much more manageable
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • aspiringapathy
    @aspiringapathy well if I recall (chaos) is illusionist no? He is deity and Ik Casher is jsod/Serenity making him the hardest sin to kill in arena in terms of defense. Even at Serenity that sin can spike damage ppl unbelievable amounts.

@dregenfox funny as hell you say "just cc everything to death with eyes closed ability like db" first of all it's not that simple you just don't know how to properly/when to use genie to get out of db cc why do I know that? Because you can watch many videos where the moment a db telestun most arcanes they instant AD like what? Hardly any pressure and you're first call is click AD no timing or anything then get mad when you get cc locked because you have to deal with what the rest of us suffer through with sin cc lock. Stop blaming classes for something that's counterable with just timing. Sin damage, the only way to mitigate that is gear disparity and even endgame vs endgame sins can delete you with just 2 spark and baiting genie with lesser skills like spellcutter/condense then cursed jail cancel and rip through you with full damage so you either are left with the option prey you can tank the sin onslaught then use genie for cursed jail IF you make it that long which in all honesty most of us can't.

There's clear videos @jsxshadow and even other ppl who properly just counted before using their genie to force a genie off them or idk communicated with their squad. The just because your current wep proc won't give you a get out of jail free card like agianst sins prior to paralyze doesn't make it a easy class.

The problem with sin is pwi just make all those skills and by that I mainly mean cursed jail/elimination do BASE physical damage plus % of WEAPON damage none of this 400% base physical damage. This means Sins won't get solo kill nearly as much at equal gears or slight outgear unless it's super lucky it's much more manageable

They might be, Casher has gone back and forth between deity/jade a few times - I'm just not sure where he lands atm.

- Just checked, Casher 1/3rd Deity | 2/3rd Jade
    - Chaos/Illusionist 20 Jade / 4 Drake