PWI Wiki updates! (contributors needed!)

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    If you can give me an example of what you want to see i can change it/move/delete it.

The only things ive been adding are expanding on pve/pvp roles, but those are mainly due to inconsistencies in the class pages already (for example veno had all of these main headers while seeker/cleric did not)
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    eirghan wrote: »
    If you can give me an example of what you want to see i can change it/move/delete it.
    The only things ive been adding are expanding on pve/pvp roles, but those are mainly due to inconsistencies in the class pages already (for example veno had all of these main headers while seeker/cleric did not)

I haven't had time to actually look over what you added. I just don't want to have the main pages be too long/big because I think most new players (or old people looking to play a new class) would be looking out for a summary/general idea of the class and only go into details if they are actually interested.

On another note, I'm hoping you can take a look at the HA Venomancer page/guide. Last time I played a HA Venomancer was like 7 years ago... tiger-2.gif I think you're much more qualified to review that (and I'm pretty sure it's missing a ton of information).
    ​​
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Hmm... in my opinion the class pages had a bit of a weird layout anyway before work was recently done on them. I haven't really had much thought on how I would improve those pages though. Having basic info about the class is good but having some extra info about the PvE/PvP is good to have as well, especially since it'll be a lot easier to find and we'll actually have that info. Last time I checked on these forums for class guides I couldn't find any for certain classes.

Maybe a solution if the class pages seem a bit too long/complicated is to take some of the info and put it into another page? So like for example having "[Class] in PvP" as a page. I know that probably doesn't sound like a good idea initially, given that there are a lot of extra pages and guides at the moment for some classes, though I think a lot of them are probably going to be cleared out/cleaned up because they're very old.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • eirghan
    Ill leave the class pages to you ladies then sorry i wasnt clear on what you had envisioned
  • catgirldesu
    No, it's fine. We can change stuff up later if needed. tiger-42.gif It's more important to get things up to date first.​​
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    I can work on gathering information for the Stormbringer page and a PvE guide. I'll also would reccomend doing a History of Perfect World page. Don't know if anyone read the Chronicles (I read it in it's entirety and LOVED it). I can work on those if needed. ^^
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2017
    I can work on gathering information for the Stormbringer page and a PvE guide. I'll also would reccomend doing a History of Perfect World page. Don't know if anyone read the Chronicles (I read it in it's entirety and LOVED it). I can work on those if needed. ^^

That would be sweet!

We actually have a page for PWI's story (and sub-sections) based on things players translated from the PWCN website. However, @obielle and I definitely want to include the entire Perfect Chronicles as well. Feel free to go ahead and do it. We'll take care of the formatting later if modifications are needed.

On another note, PWI Wiki updates will slow down for the time being. We're busy exploring all the new stuff in the expansion.
    ​​
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Awesome! Yeah I'll be a little slow too, expansion and coming back to game to play catch up. Just Glyphed three skills and playing around with those
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • obielle
    Praise Pan Gu, we have finally found a transparent duskblade image, after going down several rabbit holes in the land of Google! To make things even better, our seeker also now has legs!! :smiley: Just the little bit of wiki progress I could really make since Neverfall was released. Been pretty occupied with working on my faction's guides and the like.

• catgirldesu
    edited April 2017
    A basic page for the Western Steppes has been added.
    More information will be added in the future, once we unlock the next phases.

Edit: Arigora Colosseum page has been added as well.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • catgirldesu
    Latest additions to the Wiki:

Glyph System
    World Map

Missing information, but they should be good basic pages to use for reference.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    This is actually pretty cool you guys taking the time to do this better get my reading glasses
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2017
    *shifty eyes* Did you guys want any help on Fashion Pages by any chance?

Because of test servers and such, it's very easy (and would very much be cost efficient!) for me to post fashion set pictures. I know there are images from old Ecatomb and there's many images floating around from fashion sets on google, but can't hurt to have something comprehensive on the Wiki. Especially since you can avoid any, ahem, "unofficial" fashion sets this way.

EDIT : actually this could work for anything cosmetic (flyers, mounts etc.), but I figure the fashion page might need some extra love.
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2017
    We'd love to take up on to that offer some time in the future!fox-1.gif
    For the time being, we decided to keep the fashion/mount/flyer/cash shop pages simple and focus more on game mechanics,
    quests, game features etc... or at least that was the plan a while ago. I'll poke @obielle see what she says as well.

On a side note, I forgot to mention Chaotic Soul Cultivation page is up!
    ​​
  • eirghan
    If we can't post it on the wiki maybe there is another platform? I think it would be great to see fashion sets, flyers and the like if youre willing to put the effort in @kalystconquerer#0876 , players were just asking why they have to go to pwcn websites to preview. And truth be told at the moment many pwi players go to certain unnamed private server sites to preview fash currently
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2017
    It was mostly a problem of lack of manpower and have someone dedicated to keeping those pages up to date, but I'm not against having a page will all fashion sets and flyers/mounts.

I think if we can't have a page yet, we can make an image category instead. We have one for PWI Art for example. Would that work?
  • obielle
    Sorry for not seeing this earlier! I've been a little busy as of recent with some real life stuff coming up in the next week.

Well, while actually populating/maintaining something like a fashion page would take time and effort, I think this would be the case regardless of when we decide to add the page. I say why not do it now? If @kalystconquerer#0876 can get us images of fashion/flyers/mounts easily that would be amazing!

While we could get around it by putting them into an image category that could quickly become overwhelming for people to look at with the amount of items (especially fashion pieces) that actually exist. We can probably just work on 1 page at a time to make it slightly less overwhelming instead.

Oooh! While I just thought of it too. I'm missing some colors on the Dye Information page as well. I made the images just using a fashion set I owned and cycled it through each color in the preview window ehehe. However, a couple aren't on the preview so I'd have to dye my own fashion to get the rest :disappointed: I would be so happy if we could get those missing colors on the page! :open_mouth:

• catgirldesu
    edited April 2017
    Well then, we're going to need some volunteers for those pages. monkey-2.gif

Edit: Just testing out a new colour hm...
    ​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Of missing colors i have some not-so-visible sleeves that i colored with brown pigment XD but i guess at least a full set is prefered, especially same fashion set as used in the pics.
  • obielle
    Well if @kalystconquerer#0876 is willing to help provide images for those pages I'm more than happy to assist her if she needs it o.o like making the pages, structuring them, etc. There's not really much I'm working on in the wiki right now other than revamping our style guide and rules.

@shopcheese yeah might be better to keep with the same set xD though we can always put your sleeves as a placeholder for the time being as well.

• catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    A Venomancer Glyphs page and a Celestial Saint Cultivation page have been added!
    Someone else will have to do the other classes though because I don't know enough about their Glyphs.
    ​​
  • obielle
    We've also updated the Wiki Posting Rules. They're not too much different from before, most of the additions are just common sense things, but worth keeping in mind anyway.

• catgirldesu
    We now have a page for the Perfect Chronicles for those who wish to read it outside the game or those who haven't obtained the Chronicles in-game yet.​​
  • byteslayer
    byteslayer Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello!

I haven't been quite active in the last 5 years but well... While it was Heaven's Tear I was the only player with heavy casters, not only a veno but also wizard and at last a cleric.

I've read the Venomancer wiki. It's pretty well done. Now my criticism doesn't go to the guide but to the game itself - in the last years it has become much more focused to rank armoury than anything that can be shared between classes. You can't get your veno to wear your ultimate barb gear, for instance. That leaves us with S3 and a few other pieces. In other words, in terms of defenses HA and LA are not quite appealing nowadays like it was in the past. Back then these unusual builds were great for survivability be it PvE or PvP.

So my opinion towards HA casters should be taken with a tip of salt - it's not quite great nowadays like it once was but I feel compelled to spot some successful roles with doing something so unusual.

Veno: base attack rate is 1.25 with any magic weapon but pataka. Magic Sword preferred due to higher physical damage. With some aps gear and fox form (it greatly increases physical attack with melee mastery) the damage dealt over time is pretty similar to a full magic arcane. Gameplay is different as you'll be a fox most of the time but it doesn't mean you can't use magic effectively. Magic damage is lower but not by a wide margin.

Wizard: in the old days Wizards were called glass cannons. For a reason, of course. They had the highest magic damage but would die rather quick to anything physical. Heavy gear made me feel a bit too confident in that regard. After all I had more physical resistance with stone barrier on that a BM or barb. Also allowed me to get channel reduction belt and necklace. Just wish S3 gear was a bit better compared to rank - HA makes a lot of sense if you wish to use pyroshell and glacial embrace (for extra critical rate or chi) without getting your physical defense crippled.

Cleric: playing a HA cleric is like playing the class in Easy mode. I never really had to bother with multiple ranged mobs or physical AOE. Heal was not that great with cheap gear but a properly refined weapon fixes it.
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    While updating the Chrono Quest page and its associated pages, I discovered (or rather, re-discovered) that Usher Lantos was involved in the questline to open the old maps.
    That guy was also involved with Alexander. Nice connection there devs! Sadly, I don't remember anything from the Chrono quest line...

Glyph skill pages for each class are also being worked on! The Dawnlight Halls page is mostly complete and someone has kindly added extra information on the Warsong City page!

@byteslayer Heya! Yes, it is unfortunate but everyone has to follow Rank gear now if they wish to PvP. However, in PvE players still have the freedom to pick whatever build they want by following the Nirvana gear path. They may not be effective builds nowadays, but still good enough for PvE and for fun.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Just want to mention: A Big Thank You to all the contributors <3 Especially with the new stuff the wiki is extremely helpful!
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2017
    I'm glad to see people are using the wiki and finding it useful!

Now onto the latest updates; we have some new pages for:

Creatures of Perfect World with a page for Wraiths and Changelings (more to come in the future).

Perfect Chronicles which is now only missing the Events.

PWI Wiki Templates have been updated with a better look using PWI icons.

Lunar Glade and Twilight Temple pages have been cleaned up to an appropriate format though they are still missing a bit of information here and there.

Cultivation Quests page has been created and all Cultivation related pages were moved there to make the wiki main page less clustered.

Likewise Quests and Daily Quests were cleaned up and updated, though several of their sub-pages are likely in need of updating.

Plus several other "behind the scenes" updates/tweaks.
    ​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    WTB screenshot of male r9cn armor. And the other missing ones from that news post of a years ago. :)
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • obielle
    Hmm...I will see if we can add them in soon. I'm currently working on gathering some images for certain pages but it's taking a little bit of time. I don't think I have images of the R9CN armor at the moment, there is a way to see some of the armor in-game though (not the best solution but in the meantiiiiiime). If you go to create a character in the client, I think that some of the characters there are wearing the R9CN armor. I don't know if they're all the actual R9CN armor, but most of them look the same based on what I see from the news post you linked.

By the way, thanks to everybody who has contributed to the wiki so far! :smiley: It's really cool to see how things have been changing. An awesome contributor came along and added a few pages: Quicksand Maze (Level 100+), Quicksand Maze (Level 50+), and Homestead! I also did a quick revamp of our Bounty Hunter page to update all the BH quests, plus the percentages for the new level 100+ BH/MBH rewards are in there now.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    *coughs*

I'm VERY Gamepedia illiterate - I was trying to mess around with adding some of the CNR9 pictures to the main R9 page, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll probably have to dig around for tutorials. *coughs in embarassment*

https://pwi.gamepedia.com/File:BarbarianR9Boundless.png

I'll probably upload more of them when I have the time! (test servers are a blessing ;P) Please move them where appropriate!